Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ducktales Remastered is a buck right now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0050
Nov 28, 2007

Lutha Mahtin posted:

This word "clone", I do not think it means what you think it means.

It's really good for people like me who couldn't get into it before.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

Rapner posted:

Pathox: Nethack Codex is a really good nethack clone adaptation.

Fixed. And yes it is quite good.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got
Does anyone know of a good controller for $20 or so? It doesn't need to be spectacular, just something serviceable for some Gear VR stuff.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

Knightmare posted:

Does anyone know of a good controller for $20 or so? It doesn't need to be spectacular, just something serviceable for some Gear VR stuff.

just splurge a little more for a wired 360 controller. you can't do much better unless a dualshock 4 feels better in your hands

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Anyone else playing My Singing Monsters? Deep as a kiddy pool, of course, but the songs (well, song for me, atm) is catchy enough.

Ator
Oct 1, 2005

I like this Seven Knights game more than Summoners War so far. But all my real life friends are playing SW still...

Anyway, add me if you want a noob friend in this game: AtorDwel

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
I added you, I'll send you a 5* once you add me back.
Seven Knights is okay, but there's more to do overall in Summoners War, and it's just less shallow overall.

Wassbix
May 24, 2006
Thanks guy!

DemonMage posted:

I added you, I'll send you a 5* once you add me back.
Seven Knights is okay, but there's more to do overall in Summoners War, and it's just less shallow overall.

Looking at the KR version there is a lot of content we're missing so hopefully they move them over. GvG is apparently this month which sounds interesting.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Squeenix why won't you give me a tiny bit of a discount on The World Ends With You! Goddamn I want it so bad, but $17 for a phone game hurts my brain. (yes I know the DS version exists, I want to experience the changes)

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Out There: Omega Edition is on sale for 99 cents, down from $5.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I gave up on 7k about 2 weeks ago. The nightly grinding during hot time got to me. I'd rather be PC gaming during that time. That being said I've been playing a poo poo ton of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and just recently started playing Star Trek Timelines. It's not officially out yet, but if you look hard enough there's an Apk out and about. I'm sure when it's officially released there will be a thread for it as well.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
There's new Katamari game out for mobile (yay!) but it's a clicker (boo!): Tap My Katamari

So far its out in a few territories like Australia, the UK and Canada, but not the US yet.

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I hear fallout shelter is poo poo. Can someone give me a quick rundown on why?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Mylan posted:

I wouldn't say it's poo poo, but there's not much game to it: you tap things to collect resources to keep your guys from dying, but that's literally all you do. There's just not much there. Sometimes you get hosed by roaches or deathclaws. You can shuffle guys around to raise their stats. Also now there are pets which is new.

Edit: Sort of like Tiny Tower without the feeling of growth that comes with building a giant erection into the sky.

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

And you thought they were cute and cuddly.

Mylan posted:

Not much to it, you'll burn out after a few weeks.

Don't get me wrong, it scratched my itch while waiting for Fallout 4 to come out. I pretty much reached end game in a few weeks and then deleted the game.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!

mrkillboy posted:

There's new Katamari game out for mobile (yay!) but it's a clicker (boo!): Tap My Katamari

So far its out in a few territories like Australia, the UK and Canada, but not the US yet.

this is exactly what I need in my life

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Zotix posted:

I gave up on 7k about 2 weeks ago. The nightly grinding during hot time got to me. I'd rather be PC gaming during that time. That being said I've been playing a poo poo ton of Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes and just recently started playing Star Trek Timelines. It's not officially out yet, but if you look hard enough there's an Apk out and about. I'm sure when it's officially released there will be a thread for it as well.

Gonna give this a shot when I get home from work tonight. Looks pretty cool!

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Zotix posted:

Spend 5000 gold pressed latinum for extra chances at 6* Spock!

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

I'm enjoying Star Trek Timelines. It's worth a download if you're fan.

Add me! 668280939626498

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

JayKay posted:

Add me! 668280939626498
What sort of game is it? These mobile game promo sites are always so deliberately vague

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

CrashCat posted:

What sort of game is it? These mobile game promo sites are always so deliberately vague

Basically it reminds me a lot of Star Wars Galaxies except it's Star Trek and also has space combat and skill based ground missions.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

JayKay posted:

Add me! 668280939626498

Added you

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

JayKay posted:

Basically it reminds me a lot of Star Wars Galaxies except it's Star Trek and also has space combat and skill based ground missions.

The old MMO, or did you mean Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

e;fb

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

JayKay posted:

So Star Trek Online but mobile? :v:

JayKay
Sep 11, 2001

Antifreeze Head posted:

The old MMO, or did you mean Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes?

Derp, phone posting. I meant Galaxy of Heroes.

I've only played through the first episode, about 13 missions. They're a mix of ground combat and space combat.

The game so far is fun, seems fairly polished for something that isn't officially out yet

Edit:
Basically each episode is broken down into space and ground missions. With space missions, you 1V1 another ship and you 3 basic actions. By leveling up you can unlock additional character slots that allow special abilities. (For instance, I have Picard and he can do a special attack.)

Ground combat is more choose your own adventure style. You bring 3 characters which each have their own stregnths. Each phase of the ground mission you make a choice which has a separate skill check.

The crew member leveling, equiping, and acquiring is very similar to SW:GOH.

JayKay fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jan 5, 2016

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

JayKay posted:

Derp, phone posting. I meant Galaxy of Heroes.

drat. SWG was a buggy, lovely mess in a lot of ways, but the diversity of professions was amazing and pretty much unlike anything else I've ever encountered. It was like a mighty economic sim filled with real people making decisions about (admittedly meaningless) stuff, plus it had a whole combat game tacked on. It was neat to have a game where you played pretty much a regular Joe, but people wanted lightsabers and that's what they got in the end.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Where are you guys getting the Star Trek game? I'm showing it as not available on my devices.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

My biggest gripe with Star Trek is the UI sucks to navigate at times. Like going and shopping at the different factions is a pain in the rear end, as well as equipping characters and simming missions to get them equipment. You hit sim, then you have to exit the entire character screen to see if you got what you wanted. Didn't get it? Load up the character screen, scroll down to that character and sim some more. That poo poo needs to get fixed ASAP.

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

New Leaf posted:

Where are you guys getting the Star Trek game? I'm showing it as not available on my devices.

:filez:

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Is it really files if its a freemium game?

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

JayKay posted:

Add me! 668280939626498

Any idea what merits are used for?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
Yes, because you're not getting from an authorized dealer (Play Store). Its still piracy if the pirated item is a free .pdf.

This isn't meant as an argument against piracy. The "easiest" way you can get the game in regions it hasn't released in is to download the .apk and install it. This is technically piracy.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

idk about the legal side of it but side-loading is definitely a more exciting way to get malware on your device. also i think some game developers have banned people who use side-loaded/modded apps? i could go look that one up but :effort:

i guess if you know what you're doing, go hog wild though

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Here's a link to the Play Store page for Star Trek Timelines if anyone wants to bookmark it for later or something: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.disruptorbeam.StarTrekTimelines

In other news, for any Rick & Morty fans here this thing is coming out soon (maybe next week):

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Jan 5, 2016

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
That looks amazing. And everyone should be a Rick and Morty fan.

And it comes out on Thursday the 14th and will be free.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Gotta catch all the M*urrrrp*ortys

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hope Mr Poopy Butthole is in it.

And I really hate reading about a cool new game and finding out it hasn't be released in Canada yet. We are always the last to get anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Just saw an ad for command spell, the Fate Stay Night game. Is it good?