Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What gun are you going to use in this Call of Duty?
The good one that everyone else uses
Another, different gun
View Results

• Locked thread
all apologies
May 13, 2008

woah

Deviant posted:

yeah i've been trying to level up different guns, but i still have my max level KN44+Quickdraw+HiCal build for when problems need solving.

Read: When I get sick of the ICR. It is such a bad gun. If you like assists and hit markers, the ICR is the gun for you.

Yeah, working on it right now and it doesnt compare if the other team is running smgs and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

When I can't win any fair gun fights I either toss on a KN-44 with a silencer or I just use the KRM. Of course if I am playing like poo poo because I am getting weird latency the KRM just causes a bunch of hit markers that I know are normally one shot kills and that can be even more tilting.

I ran into a prestige 1000 dude yesterday and his score didn't show up in the lobby at all. I assumed he was boosted somehow but I don't think I've run into someone who doesn't show up on the lobby scoreboard at all.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

rabidsquid posted:

someone who doesn't show up on the lobby scoreboard at all.

that means they havent played that game mode enough to establish a KD/SPM in it.

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
All of the prestige 1000 guys I've seen have hosed up stats, like they've cheated it somehow :monocle: If they don't show up in the lobby normally it's because they've never played that gametype before and have no stats to show (you see this with lvl 1 guys).

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

SubponticatePoster posted:

All of the prestige 1000 guys I've seen have hosed up stats, like they've cheated it somehow :monocle: If they don't show up in the lobby normally it's because they've never played that gametype before and have no stats to show (you see this with lvl 1 guys).

Just an FYI to the thread... There are now mods/hacks for BO3 prestige/level/unlocks/etc: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/forums/call-of-duty-bo3-modded-lobbies.685/

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
Treyarch should start selling all that poo poo just to gently caress with the hackers. "Buy Dark Matter now, only $29.95 and we won't steal your CC info and sell it to a Russian!"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Drav posted:

Ok so what do you guys do when you are in a slump and just can't hit anybody? Switch to a Gorgon until everything's alright? Go shotguns? Like how do you snap out of it?

Stop playing, and get on the next day during my half of the continent's prime time, to increase the likelihood of good ping.

we won't steal your CC info and sell it to a Russian!"

Legit x10. :colbert:

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jan 2, 2016

venutolo
Jun 4, 2003

Dinosaur Gum

Treyarch should start selling all that poo poo just to gently caress with the hackers. "Buy Dark Matter now, only $29.95 and we won't steal your CC info and sell it to a Russian!"

I would love that. I hate the grinding crap. I'm an adult, I have more money than time. Let me buy poo poo.

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

fat gay nonce posted:

I just got this stupid game, what is your psn?

there's a clue in the post you quoted!

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

fruitpunch posted:

there's a clue in the post you quoted!

My being retarded bodes well for playing this game

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
IT's a baseline to which we must all aspire

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

teknetik posted:

I attributed a few deaths to random laughing fits at hearing "Jesus H. Krist" coming through your Twitch feed.

I swear the highlight of my streams are the ps4 apps TTS of the chat.

My solution to slumps is to change weapons till something works... in previous games I'd throw my controller scream at the top of my lungs and break my couch... glad I stopped that

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

The_Fuzzinator posted:

I swear the highlight of my streams are the ps4 apps TTS of the chat.

My solution to slumps is to change weapons till something works... in previous games I'd throw my controller scream at the top of my lungs and break my couch... glad I stopped that

Got any good advice for that? You seem pretty relaxed in your streams for somebody who used to get angry. I take this poo poo too seriously sometimes and it kinda ruins my enjoyment of this game. I'm not breaking anything, but I'm sure people would appreciate if I stopped complaining. I should be used to this laggy nonsense of a game (series) by now.

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

venutolo posted:

Just an FYI to the thread... There are now mods/hacks for BO3 prestige/level/unlocks/etc: http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/forums/call-of-duty-bo3-modded-lobbies.685/

Lol if Treyarch still hasn't fixed the account copying glitch that was revealed over a month ago. Basically these "mods" are boosted accounts that they copy to you using that glitch.

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Playing with goons has ruined this game for me....because now when no one is online and I'm forced to play with pubbies I want to claw my loving face off. How can people be soo bad about shooting digital mans in the face..

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

When ever I do bad I just remember that I am very bad at this video game.

But I remember to just have fun :)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mill Village posted:

I should be used to this laggy nonsense of a game (series) by now.

It would be easier to ignore it, if the netcode was at least consistent in its being laggy or good (cause then you just go, "welp, whaddya gonna do"), but p2p being what it is, well... netcode that can vary like a manic depressive drives me up the wall.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

It would be easier to ignore it, if the netcode was at least consistent in its being laggy or good (cause then you just go, "welp, whaddya gonna do"), but p2p being what it is, well... netcode that can vary like a manic depressive drives me up the wall.

It's not like they have dedicated servers for this, so you're also at the mercy of whomever gets host.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Drav posted:

Ok so what do you guys do when you are in a slump and just can't hit anybody? Switch to a Gorgon until everything's alright? Go shotguns? Like how do you snap out of it?

VMP

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i am also changing my previous smg list to put VMP as the best SMG because it's absolutely lol

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

housefly posted:

It's not like they have dedicated servers for this, so you're also at the mercy of whomever gets host.

That's what I said; p2p = peer-to-peer.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I thought they had some dedicated servers this time?

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Mister Macys posted:

That's what I said; p2p = peer-to-peer.

I missed that in your post. Apologies

rabidsquid posted:

I thought they had some dedicated servers this time?

PC theoretically does, but there are claims its hybrid model used in other cod games.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Ghosts was the only one on console to use servers, but they also used P2P too.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jan 2, 2016

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006

Drav posted:

I unironically start kniferunning. I don't pick up any guns, I just run around like an idiot swinging my dick knife at anything that moves.

I figure, if I'm going to die a lot (A LOT), I might as well have some fun doing it. At least until someone on the other team starts doing it too and then goons start whining.

Deviant posted:

Read: When I get sick of the ICR. It is such a bad gun. If you like assists and hit markers, the ICR is the gun for you.
I still can't figure out why everyone hates the ICR, it's the best AR for me after the KN-44. v:shobon:v It's certainly better than the burst rifles, that's for drat sure. gently caress THOSE THINGS

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

all ARs are poo poo compared to the glory of smgs

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

As long as p2p is part of the game, the netcode will remain mired in poo, because they're forced to design and code it with the assumption that someones potato modem in siberia might be the host.

Compared to Halo 5, which runs like glass, it's kinda embarassing.

It's marginally less lovely than Destiny I guess? But that was 30fps too, which is another level of lovely.

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

nmfree posted:

I still can't figure out why everyone hates the ICR, it's the best AR for me after the KN-44. v:shobon:v It's certainly better than the burst rifles, that's for drat sure. gently caress THOSE THINGS

Compared to the man-o-war and the k8a7, I think both of them feel off. It's likely personal play style, but I just don't feel great with them and I'm typically an AR guy in this game. I've unlocked all the camos for the kn-44 and the majority for the icr. I will be glad to be rid of the icr after the last couple are complete.

Try rolling the burst shot ars with a scope instead. I find it helps with them.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

maybe move to a place with a good connection idiots

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Stux posted:

How about I move my fist 2 your face?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

no problem playing with US and Canadian goons from the UK on my hard wired 75mbps pipe get good mate :smug: :agesilaus::allears::bigtran::boom:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Stux posted:

NO i love america and will never leave this great nation

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

didn't even realise that the ping graph went over 17ms because ive never seen it :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :smug:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Stux posted:

Mine stays at a constant 50-60ms most of the time, but there are random spikes up to 400ms. I've also noticed more disconnects lately. Also there are times where it just shits the bed and I have to restart the game completely. Pretty sure it's not my connection since I stay connected to psn.

Fatty_McLumpkin
Sep 30, 2002

Oh I loooove going to the mooon ahaha ahhhahaaa
I cant wait to see if someone recorded the match where saggy and Bear had a Raps, a GI unit and a Mothership on the map. Those pubs had NO idea what to do.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

Fatty_McLumpkin posted:

I cant wait to see if someone recorded the match where saggy and Bear had a Raps, a GI unit and a Mothership on the map. Those pubs had NO idea what to do.

I called in a HATR, a GI Unit, and a Mothership

Then the host quit while I was flying in

That's my story

The_Fuzzinator
Oct 9, 2007

I know now why you Cuddle. But it's something I can never do.

Mill Village posted:

Got any good advice for that? You seem pretty relaxed in your streams for somebody who used to get angry. I take this poo poo too seriously sometimes and it kinda ruins my enjoyment of this game. I'm not breaking anything, but I'm sure people would appreciate if I stopped complaining. I should be used to this laggy nonsense of a game (series) by now.

honestly Its because i play with goons that i stay relaxed. The biggest thing that calms me down when games go down hill is being able to listen to mosquito jones and Macys go apeshit and it reminds me that, hah its just a game!

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Playing with goons has ruined this game for me....because now when no one is online and I'm forced to play with pubbies I want to claw my loving face off. How can people be soo bad about shooting digital mans in the face..

I have effectively stopped playing solo. I'll turn on the ps4 and sit in an empty lobby and stare at the forums untill at least 1 other goon joins on me

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Mr. McGibblets posted:

I recommend Gun Game/Free for All. It's a good way to get some shooting in while waiting for a group, or to grind a few last tickets for a blue box.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I'm trying to gold some ARs and the XR-2 is surprisingly fun when you're not hitting 3 bursts on a single person and somehow they don't die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superanos
Nov 13, 2009

Meanwhile I'm trying to get diamond shotguns and I'm surprised every time the complete asspile of garbage poo poo known as Haymaker actually kills someone. Headshots also seem to be completely random whether I aim for the head or not. Somehow I seem to be doing better when I don't aim down the sights.

• Locked thread