Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sailor Viy
Aug 4, 2013

And when I can swim no longer, if I have not reached Aslan's country, or shot over the edge of the world into some vast cataract, I shall sink with my nose to the sunrise.

Dr. Hurt posted:

He's been writing the Adventure Time comics for about a year now and wrote the Deadpool Fear Itself tie-in.

He also wrote Longshot Saves the Marvel Universe, which was pretty drat cool.

I'm torn about Gwenpool. The character concept has the potential to be utterly insufferable, but I think if anyone could make it work it would be Hastings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

You know, this makes me realize I could seriously see Tom Arnold voicing Deadpool credibly.

Skwirl posted:

God dammit, now I'm going to have to start reading Ant Man. However, living in the shadow of the guy who's most famous punch was Hitler is a completely different thing than living in the shadow of a guy whose most famous punch was his wife.

I can only respond to this with two smilies: :drat::perfect:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Saoshyant posted:

Speaking of

Superior Foes #17

Is that... a Shocker-mobile???

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kwyndig posted:

Laaaaaadies.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Kwyndig posted:

It's a classic.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

WHY IS SPIDER-MAN WEARING GOGGLES OVER HIS MASK, WHICH ALREADY HAS EYE COVERING?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

muscles like this? posted:

WHY IS SPIDER-MAN WEARING GOGGLES OVER HIS MASK, WHICH ALREADY HAS EYE COVERING?

For safety, duh.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Look you only get jumped by a brick one time before you stop taking any chances with head and eye safety

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

ManiacClown posted:

You know, this makes me realize I could seriously see Tom Arnold voicing Deadpool credibly.

Weirdly I hear Phil Hartman's voice, but I also kind of wish he voiced about 80% of roles out there (or could even voice 1 role these days :smith:)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Astonishing Ant-Man 3

I will admit, this makes me want to break my "Nick Spencer can go gently caress himself" purchasing rule.

ManiacClown posted:

Anyone but Nolan North is fine by me.

The guy's voice is so hosed it's yellow, and he does a "Just nolan north, hanging out" voice. :mad:

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Look you only get jumped by a brick one time before you stop taking any chances with head and eye safety

And yet no helmet.

Skwirl posted:

God dammit, now I'm going to have to start reading Ant Man. However, living in the shadow of the guy who's most famous punch was Hitler is a completely different thing than living in the shadow of a guy whose most famous punch was his wife.

This has never been more concisely put.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Kwyndig posted:

They just put the Shocker in the Avengers Facebook game.
One of his attacks is him doing a drive by attack in the Shocker-Mobile.
It is legit.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Sailor Viy posted:

I'm torn about Gwenpool. The character concept has the potential to be utterly insufferable, but I think if anyone could make it work it would be Hastings.

Yeah, it will come down to writing. At the moment I find her far, far less obnoxious than Harley Quinn (the obvious "me too!" thing Marvel did aside), but since she's written by Chip Zdarsky/Chis Hastings and Charles Soule it's to be expected. In worse hands she probably would be worse than peak-Way Deadpool.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Those last two panels :eyepop:

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

SirDan3k posted:

For reasons that have nothing to do with any kinda no homo Deadpool man crushes we swear x-23 Gwenpool is legit progressive female expansion character. -Editorial as I imagine it.

Reminder that there was a Lady Deadpool whose face was scarred up as well (though it appeared more heavily slashed up than genetic side-effect), but they made sure to have it get cleaned up in Deadpool Corps because, you know, you can't include a female Deadpool unless you want to make her hot.

Lurdiak posted:

Anyone but Nolan North is fine by me.

The guy's voice is so hosed it's yellow, and he does a "Just nolan north, hanging out" voice. :mad:

I was always partial to his "shithead Michelangelo" voice from X-Men Legends/Ultimate Alliance.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Some of the last page (I think? I got it off a blog post) of DC Challenge! #4 which was a 1985 limited series where each issue was passed off to different creative teams who had to pick up on the previous issue's deliberately tricky plots and cliffhangers with no prior planning.

Here's the post http://ifanboy.com/articles/dc-histories-the-dc-challenge/
Sounds like a lot of fun, but it doesn't look like it was ever reprinted :(

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Jan 3, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Chaos Hippy posted:

And yet no helmet.

I could swear he added cushioning to the inside of his mask at one point. Or was that just a throwaway line from the 90's cartoon?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gavok posted:

I was always partial to his "shithead Michelangelo" voice from X-Men Legends/Ultimate Alliance.

Hell yeah, John Kassir is the poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uczq5ScB2hM&t=19s

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

Some of the last page (I think? I got it off a blog post) of DC Challenge! #4 which was a 1985 limited series where each issue was passed off to different creative teams who had to pick up on the previous issue's deliberately tricky plots and cliffhangers with no prior planning.

Here's the post http://ifanboy.com/articles/dc-histories-the-dc-challenge/
Sounds like a lot of fun, but it doesn't look like it was ever reprinted :(

DC Challenge was goofy, incoherent, and often a lot of fun. I'd love to see one of the companies try something similar today, but I doubt it'd sell.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Gavok posted:

Reminder that there was a Lady Deadpool whose face was scarred up as well (though it appeared more heavily slashed up than genetic side-effect), but they made sure to have it get cleaned up in Deadpool Corps because, you know, you can't include a female Deadpool unless you want to make her hot.

On the plus side in the fight for gender equality, it's a major Hollywood production with a big name star playing the role, you can't have male Deadpools with more than slightly bumpy skin either.

Dario the Wop
Oct 11, 2007

Hell-Sent, Heaven-Bent

Selachian posted:

DC Challenge was goofy, incoherent, and often a lot of fun. I'd love to see one of the companies try something similar today, but I doubt it'd sell.
I could see it doing well as a digital-only series these days, with our industry whittled down to a small niche and a focus on individual creators. Hell, bring back Solo while you're at it. loving loved that book.

For content:

Superman: American Alien #2

Yeah, that's the whole story (it's a back-up, of course).

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
So we are totally getting Landis's Death of Superman pitch snuck into an origin story.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gratuitous Doomsday butt shot.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

SirDan3k posted:

So we are totally getting Landis's Death of Superman pitch snuck into an origin story.

I'm perfectly fine with this.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

SynthOrange posted:

Gratuitous Doomsday butt shot.

Moonsday.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I want a mug like that.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

SynthOrange posted:

I want a mug like that.

I luv JJJ. :allears:

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."
Namor declared war on the surface world?

But...but...they make the most delicious pizza!

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Cangelosi posted:

Namor declared war on the surface world?

But...but...they make the most delicious pizza!

It's also the only place he can get bagels!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

A dog, a barrel? Ridiculous.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here

Bruceski posted:

Chris Hastings also had a go at writing Deadpool a few years ago.

Deadpool writing is very hit or miss but I enjoy these panels a lot

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The guy who does Dr. McNinja is doing actual comics? :psyduck: How did I not know about this

He did that Longshot mini a bit back. It was pretty great because that guy is a walking deus ex machina so like if vampires attack then of course Blade just happens to be within earshot.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

That does seem preternaturally well-suited to the Dr. McNinja style.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

He also wrote a great Deadpool annual about a year ago where Spider-Man was all paranoid about the Chameleon constantly attacking him so Deadpool switched costumes with him and acted as Spider-Man for the day.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Double post!

On the subject of Deadpool and Hawkeye, here's something from Deadpool #4.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I know why, but Deadpool and Steve Rogers being friends is amazing and should be kept as long as possible

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

bobkatt013 posted:

I know why, but Deadpool and Steve Rogers being friends is amazing and should be kept as long as possible

"Friends" seems like such a strong word...

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Also, whenever Deadpool isn't around, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Deadpool?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Travis343 posted:

Also, whenever Deadpool isn't around, all the other characters should be asking, "Where's Deadpool?"

Yeah, it'd be like "Baby's Day Out", only with Deadpool as the baby.

And there'd be blood EVERYWHERE.