Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i try to never parry bosses. just feels like cheesing

except for keeper of the old lords gently caress that rear end in a top hat the fight would be better if he died in one hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Rat Mom
Apr 2, 2012

did absolutely fuck all

Bobnumerotres posted:

except for keeper of the old lords gently caress that rear end in a top hat the fight would be better if he died in one hit

I find descendant harder then keeper

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well it finally happened folks. Over half a decade of me playing demons souls and I finally got to be the Old Monk

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

small hendren posted:

This worked way too easily. i think i just forgot about L2
i'm glad thhat that roadblock is out of the way.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Bobnumerotres posted:

If you got good strength get the pizza cutter and L2 him to death.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Man the fire breath dodging in 1-4 is so lame

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

Man the fire breath dodging in 1-4 is so lame

qq more

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't die on it this time! The old King Allant fight is soooo sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat demons souls again all. Maybe I'll try to run through dark souls 1 and 2 and Bloodborne before 3 comes out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I really really want demons souls on ps4 with a steady framerate and some of the quality of life touches from the later souls games brought back to it. I think the area designs and bosses are second to none

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Set a sick new pb today for most echoes lost in defiled Jesus

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

i don't really get bloodborne

so right after the start of the game, I can go from the central yarnham lantern, kill some dudes, then slowly whittle down a giant crowd around a bonfire (and it sounds like there's a boss after that) or go face some miniboss around the corner. Anyway, at some point in culling the giant herd or trying to fight the miniboss I gently caress up and die, and so have to kill the same dudes again, in the same way, in the exact same place

since I'm not as quick as I used to be it would take me a while to get good enough to beat either section, so in the meantime I'm just going along the same path, killing the same dudes in the same spots, over and over again. it's already getting boring and i get the impression that this core activity loop is basically the game and I don't really get what's appealing about it

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

frank.club posted:

Set a sick new pb today for most echoes lost in defiled Jesus

I'm on the lower pthulem one or however you spell it and honestly it makes me not like the game

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

so right after the start of the game, I can go from the central yarnham lantern, kill some dudes, then slowly whittle down a giant crowd around a bonfire (and it sounds like there's a boss after that) or go face some miniboss around the corner. Anyway, at some point in culling the giant herd or trying to fight the miniboss I gently caress up and die, and so have to kill the same dudes again, in the same way, in the exact same place

since I'm not as quick as I used to be it would take me a while to get good enough to beat either section, so in the meantime I'm just going along the same path, killing the same dudes in the same spots, over and over again. it's already getting boring and i get the impression that this core activity loop is basically the game and I don't really get what's appealing about it

Sounds like your bad at the game op

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Bwuh?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

After a few days rest, Father Asscoin is swiftly defeated.

Troll detected.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

You mad, bruh?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i love the genre of person that plays videogames and says phrases like "core activity loop" about them.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

i love the genre of person that plays videogames and says phrases like "core activity loop" about them.

Lol.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Why are you fighting the entire mob lol. Just run past them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Knuc U Kinte posted:

You mad, bruh?

Yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

source your quotes!!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when i die in mario, it literally sends me to the beginning of the level and i have to jump on all the turtles again, in the exact same way. it's already getting boring and i get the impression that this core activity loop is basically the game and I don't really get what's appealing about it

AHungryRobot
Oct 12, 2012

In Training posted:

I really really want demons souls on ps4 with a steady framerate and some of the quality of life touches from the later souls games brought back to it. I think the area designs and bosses are second to none

Hell, PS3 emulation is actually in a semi decent state so maybe soon you can play it on PC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8okZelsZng

Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.
thank goodness someone reads the yospos games thread.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Vulich the Subtle posted:

thank goodness someone reads the yospos games thread.

ohhhh hahahaaha

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why would you

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Wait you loving idiots thought I wrote that.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
lmao

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wait you loving idiots thought I wrote that.
yeah, you just carry yourself that way, fail

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

HolePisser1982 posted:

ohhhh hahahaaha

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've seen people on these very forums describe souls gameplay as "grindy" before, so that post comes as no surprise

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

yeah, you just carry yourself that way, fail

These games aren't even hard.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think they each get easier but that's probably only because I've played 400 hours of souls games at this point.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
shield users probably had a tough time, but id like to imagine that bloodborne has already turned them into superior gamers

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
It's was crazy to watch my friend try to play dark souls for the first time and get stuck at asylum demon for like 10 minutes

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Bobnumerotres posted:

when i die in mario, it literally sends me to the beginning of the level and i have to jump on all the turtles again, in the exact same way. it's already getting boring and i get the impression that this core activity loop is basically the game and I don't really get what's appealing about it

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

shield users probably had a tough time, but id like to imagine that bloodborne has already turned them into superior gamers

I was a shielder for all of dRk souls and a few hundred hours of 2 & Demons. After 200 hours of bloodborne I just got scholar of the first sin on ps4 and I'm halfway through the game 2hing a scimitar with nothing but pants on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I made the jump in dark souls with my second character. I beat the game with nothing but Zweihander, ftw