Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Baal posted:

Actually that sounds like LOVE/DEATH which is really good

That series is great, especially because the two leads have a definite sexual relationship. Kazushiro is one of the top-tier yuri mangaka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

what day of the week is it

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I wish they'd realize that one of the reasons that DMC3 has the best final boss in the genre is because there's nothing to interrupt the fight, you just duke it out until someone can't fight anymore.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

everythingWasBees posted:

what day of the week is it

funday

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

Yeah

I've replayed the Jeanne stages a bunch of times but notsomuch with the other bosses for that exact reason

Especially the final boss

I haven't played Bayo 2 yet so I don't know if they improved in that regard

It's more or less the same. Bayo 2 improves on Bayo 1 in a lot of ways, but just as much has as many glaring faults. They're both about the same quality which is to say very good games.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Cool

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

I wish they'd realize that one of the reasons that DMC3 has the best final boss in the genre is because there's nothing to interrupt the fight, you just duke it out until someone can't fight anymore.

Vergil in general is just a fantastic boss fight and Angelo Credo from DMC4 ups the scale as another really good Vergil style boss, but you only get to fight him once unfortunately

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Baal posted:

It's more or less the same. Bayo 2 improves on Bayo 1 in a lot of ways, but just as much has as many glaring faults. They're both about the same quality which is to say very good games.

Since the genre isn't bursting with a lot of choices I'm down for more of the same. Only reason I haven't played it is because I don't have a Wii-U, but when I eventually get one it's definitely on the list.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Baal posted:

Vergil in general is just a fantastic boss fight and Angelo Credo from DMC4 ups the scale as another really good Vergil style boss, but you only get to fight him once unfortunately

Word.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sam from MGR is the same, but MGR is full of Vergils so only getting to fight him once isn't as much of a blow as it is in DMC4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
billy hatcher and the giant tenga egg

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Posting from home, like a boss

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

This is amazing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terper posted:

Posting from home, like a boss

Same, I need to start recording my Part 5 gameplay stuff tho

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
One time I was fighting Monsoon on Revengeance and I hit him with a perfect parry, and it only did like 5-8% damage, because he can only take a certain amount of damage in each stage of the fight. I was pissed off, because I've never seen that happen before and knocking ~50% of his HP in one lucky shot would have been sweet as hell.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Baal posted:

Same, I need to start recording my Part 5 gameplay stuff tho

are you doing a lp

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, MGR does that with a few bosses which is unfortunate, because it makes fighting Monsoon more difficult than he should realistically be, but there are other ways to fight him thankfully that don't feel like you're just grinding the boss down. The only boss that kind of gets that way on Revengeane is Armstrong and that's because of his huge rear end pool of health, that being said he also has ways to just drop his health to nothing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

everythingWasBees posted:

are you doing a lp

I might be

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
The coy lp

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Namtab posted:

Tomoyo herself never appears in tsubasa chronicles which is a crime against art imo

Wait: Then who the hell stripped Kurogane off his original job? Granted that it was an alternate universe version of her.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's an LP where I'm just going to post videos of me going "This might be an LP *WINK* *WINK*"

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Baal posted:

It's an LP where I'm just going to post videos of me going "This might be an LP *WINK* *WINK*"

This ain't Gintama, buddy.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Armstrong is probably my favorite fight in the game simply because it moves so briskly, and there's not much he can do that can catch you totally by surprise unlike, say, Mistral. Monsoon definitely was the hardest to avoid any damage on, with Sam a distant second.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually found Sam pretty easy to do no damage on because he doesn't really have any tricks and gimmicks like MIstral or Monsoon that could get you hit by stray attacks or other poo poo around you that you didn't catch in the corner of your eye. That being said sometimes Sam does the thing where he throws rocks at you right in front of you and it's not really easy to notice if you're already in the heat of a fight and you can probably get hit by it, but I don't think I got hit by that anymore after a certain point.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Wait: Then who the hell stripped Kurogane off his original job? Granted that it was an alternate universe version of her.
Yeah it was AU tomoyo, but there is no appearance from true tomoyo

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

Yeah it was AU tomoyo, but there is no appearance from true tomoyo

I mean Sakura gave up her magic and died, so maybe it was for the best.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

NPR reviews Devil is a Part-timer on air.
:psyduck:

http://www.scpr.org/programs/offramp/2014/12/16/40759/the-devil-is-a-part-timer-japanese-anime-with-a-ki/

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad it's making it's way up in the western world

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It also might explain just how a friend of mine heard of it in the first place.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

haha filmmakers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Tsubasa Chronicle sounds worse the more I hear abut it.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I'm glad I'm not a speedrunner of Monkey Ball

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

yeah

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sakurazuka posted:

Probably the worst thing Clamp has done.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

It kinda seems like to me that the only thing CLAMP is interested in these days is making stuff designed for their hardcore fans?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Still the best couple that never was:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Srice posted:

It kinda seems like to me that the only thing CLAMP is interested in these days is making stuff designed for their hardcore fans?

I don't think their other stuff sells, which is probably why they went back to Tsubasa and xxxHolic.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

They basically returned to do more Tsubasa after Blood-C let the last fart out of its desiccated corpse, right?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Wark Say posted:

Still the best couple that never was:

Yui is not that small.

Also I found a Droyer in Xenoblade. I can never remember how to take and post screenshots in Wii U games, so you will have to take my word for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

chumbler posted:

Yui is not that small.

Also I found a Droyer in Xenoblade. I can never remember how to take and post screenshots in Wii U games, so you will have to take my word for it.

This seems likely, i play that game

• Locked thread