Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Touhou?
This poll is closed.
Alice Margatroid 23 15.86%
i'm wrong 61 42.07%
Any/every other Touhou except the one Boom Boom Boom likes 61 42.07%
Total: 145 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Tarranon posted:

anime is...NOT kid stuff

It's kind of weird to me that modern teen anime fans can just fire up crunchyroll or netflix and drown in anime

They'll never know what it's like, dropping 25 buck for a four episode DVD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

littleorv posted:

No... Yuri come back

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

boom boom boom posted:

It's kind of weird to me that modern teen anime fans can just fire up crunchyroll or netflix and drown in anime

It's good. I welcome increased anim opportunities

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Tarranon posted:

say goodbye to the year of yuri and hello to the year of luigi

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Namtab posted:

He will never change it

I'm working on it, you can't hurry art

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

boom boom boom posted:

Hell, that can be said about a lot of things

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

People can just order any ol book they want instead of having to hunt through used book stores to find a rare book. Kids these days!

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

homeless snail posted:

yuri huh, that's so 2015

I'm glad of the year of BL

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

nothing thats coming interests me so im turning to 3D

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Davincie posted:

There's two or three 3D shows this season so you're covered

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Namtab posted:

Zorak would never have simulwatched elfen lied

Searched archives, and yeah, apparently not? I guess I'm misremembering. :corsair: uhhggg

I just realized I also have the DVDs. I bought them while on deployment in 2007 with no idea what it was about.

Haven't watched them since. :v:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Dryzen posted:

I have a bunch of mosquito bites on my hands and they're killing me

that's what you get for going outside

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

thinking about 3D supremacy...

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AlternateNu posted:

Searched archives, and yeah, apparently not? I guess I'm misremembering. :corsair: uhhggg

I just realized I also have the DVDs. I bought them while on deployment in 2007 with no idea what it was about.

Haven't watched them since. :v:

Watch them

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-01-03/voice-actor-minoru-shiraishi-apologizes-for-downloading-dojinshi/.97167

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Davincie posted:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

starting to wonder if this verdant lord manga i bookmarked a year ago is any good. it updates so much

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Reds posted:

Assuming Grimgar and Schwarzesmarken turn out to be decent, I appreciate having something to watch that airs on Monday and a handful in the middle of the week as opposed to most of the shows being slotted at the end of the week.

If they turn out to be garbage I'm back to square one, but still.

Ha, that's what I liked about last season. Sunday morning was anime time, with Owari/Utawa/Haikyuu. Now, glancing at the calendar, I think there's at least one show a day except for Monday...

That Grimgar trailer was so pretty, I hope the show is interesting

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

boom boom boom posted:

Srice posted:

People can just order any ol book they want instead of having to hunt through used book stores to find a rare book. Kids these days!

that's me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

A story about two people with mental problems protecting everything they left with their only method, playing ping pong.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
I hope Tomo updates tomorrow. :(

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

3dpd

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Knorth posted:

I just realised this is the New Anime Week! :toot: A bunch of new shows to check out woo

i wish more of the shows had streaming announcements/weren't on funimation

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I hope Tomo updates tomorrow. :(

Yeah, it's been tough, two weeks and their relationship hasn't progressed at all

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Since it worked out well for me last season I am gonna keep up my policy of only watching stuff I'm already very interested in, which means 1 new show and 1 continuing and if people talk about other stuff after it finishes I'll check 'em out.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Oh wait I would actually have 2 continuing shows because Lupin is finally being streamed this week....

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

aren't most doujis really cheap?

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Our protagonist Kang Hae Yo is not an ordinary high school girl by any measure. She is in fact a jjang of her school and her gang is the most powerful in Seoul. But she wants a normal life and a normal boyfriend. Her hot-bloodedness always get in her way. And her quick-temper when she encounters "wimps", by her standards, make her desire all the more unreachable.

This is the year 2012. Every youngster gets to chat online once in a while. And Kang Hae Yo is no exception as she goes on the web under the nickname "playgirl18". She doesn't really know her way around the computer But her sub-jjang, Yoon Ji Ni, teaches her the "necessary things for online chatting" -- like how to be girly. Hae Yo begins to find for herself a new life from online chatting. She begins to think of online chatting as her only way out from gang life. What will happen?

they made a manga about me

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQI2_4oUjsg

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

I'm not really a "women guy" normally, but I saw this pic the other day and thought, "yeah, absolutely"

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

I love the miiverse...when I die, I hope that's where I end up

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Once it's out on the 'roll for everyone there will be no excuses and anyone who doesn't watch the new Lupin is on the list

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Motto posted:

aren't most doujis really cheap?

it depends on how thin the book is, but some can go for about 1000 to 1500 yen on just like 20 something pages

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

Srice posted:

Once it's out on the 'roll for everyone there will be no excuses and anyone who doesn't watch the new Lupin is on the list

i've never seen any lupin

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

boom boom boom posted:

I'm not really a "women guy" normally, but I saw this pic the other day and thought, "yeah, absolutely"

She's pretty cute :)

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!

Knorth posted:

Ha, that's what I liked about last season. Sunday morning was anime time, with Owari/Utawa/Haikyuu. Now, glancing at the calendar, I think there's at least one show a day except for Monday...

That Grimgar trailer was so pretty, I hope the show is interesting

I like having a more spread out week over having everything at once, gives you something to look forward to each day.

IBO is at the end of the week and it always feels like it takes a million years for the next episode to come out. This week skipping an episode isn't helping!

Grimgar is at the top of my "please be good" list, because that art style is really nice and I could use a good fantasy show.

Admoon
Oct 29, 2009

put me on your drat list!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Admoon posted:

i've never seen any lupin

Then it will be the perfect time to fix that!

• Locked thread