Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That man is cooking a woman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm a guy and I learned how to cook because I like having good food whenever I want to. I also learned to bake because I like having fresh baked bread whenever I like.

Later I discovered that women like it if you cook for them on a date. It's also a good way to just have company. If you're feeling lonely make a big dinner and tell your friends there's no way you can eat it all by yourself so if they'd like to come have some they're welcome to.

That's my story.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

If you really want to wind one of these idiots up, tell him no, it's because a man's place is in the kitchen, and he really shouldn't be wearing a shirt under that apron either.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If you're feeling lonely make a big dinner and tell your friends there's no way you can eat it all by yourself so if they'd like to come have some they're welcome to.

This how my parents lure me into visiting.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm not too far off the "throw meat in a fire" style I mentioned, because I just basically season some chicken and throw it on an oiled pan, and then I know how to prepare rice, pasta, and vegetables. But it's not because of some manly-man thing, it's because I do all my cooking for one, and am sort of broke.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

SpacePig posted:

I'm not too far off the "throw meat in a fire" style I mentioned, because I just basically season some chicken and throw it on an oiled pan, and then I know how to prepare rice, pasta, and vegetables. But it's not because of some manly-man thing, it's because I do all my cooking for one, and am sort of broke.

The most elaborate dish I can personally make is a quasi chicken and broccoli stir-fry. I'm certain that most real chiefs would cry if they had to watch me prepare the sauce.

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

There's no such thing as a four Michelin restaurant, Forbes guide rates on a five star scale, Michelin is a three star scale.

Thank you for correctly pointing out the faulty reasoning of my former co-worker's statement.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Klaus88 posted:

The most elaborate dish I can personally make is a quasi chicken and broccoli stir-fry. I'm certain that most real chiefs would cry if they had to watch me prepare the sauce.

Of course none of us can cook like a real chef, but then again that doesn't mean you can't cook. There are tons of good simple recipes and unless you're really dumb you can actually cook. You might never have tried to but you can.

It's just that like in most skills, being able to cook doesn't mean you're a loving 3 star chef.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
I usually just cook while I'm stoned out of my mind, so everything I make is delicious

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Klaus88 posted:

sorry :v:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Fathis Munk posted:

Of course none of us can cook like a real chef, but then again that doesn't mean you can't cook. There are tons of good simple recipes and unless you're really dumb you can actually cook. You might never have tried to but you can.

It's just that like in most skills, being able to cook doesn't mean you're a loving 3 star chef.

It's also commonly believed that cooking should be some horrifying ordeal that eats up multiple hours of your day.

And I'm like...no. I can make very good baked chicken that takes something like five minutes of actual effort. Then you put it in the oven, do something else for 40-50 minutes, and hey there's your dinner!

Mix olive oil, black pepper, and lemon juice. Coat chicken breasts in it. Put them on a baking pan. Dump a can of mushrooms, water and all, over the chicken. Bake it 40-50 minutes. Really good stuff, almost no effort at all.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas
Ok guys, men can cook, we get it.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I can cook but I'm a two-spirited fox/ki-rin hybrid otherkin, so it goes without saying.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Men can cook but God created women for a reason

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

To cook!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Only one of my headmates cooks, so zhe cooks for all of us.

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I can make very good baked chicken

ToxicSlurpee posted:

a can of mushrooms
one of these things is not like the other

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

EvilGenius posted:

Ok guys, men can cook, we get it.

Any MGTOW should learn to be a self reliant healthy eater instead of feeding political correct ready made food / fast food corporations that push the feminist agenda while destroying people's health.

In fact the whole fast food and ready made food industry is just as bad as feminism by legally turning people towards unhealthy, unnatural lifestyles.

A healthy diet should be paleo (either with or without meat) - meaning just unprocessed ingredients with few exceptions such as naturally fermented foods.

Women these days can't cook to save their lifes anyway and the likeliness of a woman ever serving you elaborate multi-part meals like in the 50s are slim to none.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

Lottery of Babylon posted:

political correct ready made food

What? Oh god and that bit about naturally fermented foods, is he talking about high meat?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I think he's just looking for an excuse to drink beer.

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

hyperhazard posted:

I think he's just looking for an excuse to drink beer.

I don't know dude, he mentioned paleo, that poo poo is like the crossfit of diets.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Tardcore posted:

What? Oh god and that bit about naturally fermented foods, is he talking about high meat?

I think its the paleo diet's excuse for still being able to get drunk.

E: f,b

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
If you can't cook and are proud of it, regardless of gender, you have no culture and should subsist on nothing but Soylent brand cumshakes until the heavy metals in it solve your problem for you.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

In the US you at least have the option for homeschooling or the option to get a GED while in highschool, so you can go straight to college and at least cut through some of the bullshit.

Where I'm from it's illegal and the cops will come by your home and force you to go to school if you don't show up anymore.

The system is also set up in this way to ensure that only politically correct people that fit into the system and are willing to suck up to teachers get to go to university after 13 years of indoctrination.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
How many homeschooled kids are taught by their fathers?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Who wanted hot takes on the situation in Oregon?

quote:

So, it looks like we get to start the year with an armed showdown in Oregon. Awesome.

If you aren't familiar with the story, here are the nuts and bolts: A group of about 12 or 13 (originally reported as a small army of 150) armed citizens "seized" a building at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon to protest the unfair imprisonment of two local ranchers, Dwight and Steven Hammond. The refuge is a bird sanctuary, and the seized building, situated in the middle of the wilderness about 30 miles from the nearest town, was empty when it was taken. A couple of the protesters are Bundys, who came up from Nevada but are not affiliated with the Hammonds in any way.

As it stands right now, as far as I know, the "militia" members are sitting in a vacant visitor's center in a bird sanctuary and law enforcement are somewhere on the peripheral trying to figure out what to do next. Many liberals on Twitter have been rooting for a violent end to this situation, but those of us with souls of course would prefer that nobody die over an armed occupation of a small, uninhabited structure out in the forests of eastern Oregon.

Now that we've established the basics, I'd like to pass along a few thoughts on the subject:

1) No matter how you feel about the armed protesters, let's not lose sight of the injustice that sparked all of this. The Hammonds have owned a large plot of land adjacent to this bird sanctuary for a few generations. The government has been trying to chase them off their property for decades to no avail. If you research the long and complicated backstory of this dispute, which I highly recommend, you'll find that they've long been the victims of bullying, harassment, and abuse by bureaucratic tyrants from both the BLM and the Fish and Wildlife Service.

Finally the government sensed an opportunity when the Hammonds accidentally burned a portion of federal land on two occasions. In both instances they started the fire on the their own land, once to prevent the spread of invasive species, and once to control a wildfire that was threatening to destroy their home. Eventually -- like 5 tears later, actually -- they were arrested and charged with arson under the Anti-terrorism Act. Sentencing guidelines require at least FIVE YEARS in prison for anyone convicted as a "terrorist," but the judge said 5 years would be cruel and unusual for such a minor offense. They served a much shorter term and were released.

However, a field manager for the BLM decided they should do the full five years, because apparently pencil pushers at the Bureau of Land Management can make those kinds of decisions now. The bully filed an appeal, and next thing you know the Hammonds were re-sentenced, and must now report to prison for another 4 years. That seems awfully close to something called double jeopardy, but what do I know?

There's a lot more to this story, but suffice it to say that the feds have been trying to chase a family off of their own land so they can expand their habitat for birds and other woodland creatures. If that means sending a father and son to prison, so be it. Part of the sentence, coincidentally, requires that the Hammonds sell their land to the feds, if ever they decide to sell at all. Of course all of this legal trouble, and now 5 years in prison, can be quite costly, meaning the Hammonds might have no choice but to sell -- and guess who ends up with the land when that happens?

It's outrageous. Our government is run by a bunch of petty, power hungry dictators, and it's about time we all realize it.

2) That said, the Hammonds have nothing to do with this armed "protest," and from what I understand, they do not support it. These people are almost certain to do more harm than good for the cause of liberty, particularly considering Obama's plan to make a hard push for gun control during his last year in office. Now the president has a very convenient case study to demonstrate the terrible dangers of letting folks buy guns all willy-nilly. I'd have no problem with a sit-in or protest at a federal building in response to an injustice like this, but if you do it while armed, you lose automatically.

3) That said, liberals are full of it when they claim a "double standard" because these armed white protesters haven't all been killed yet. Liberals all over social media have been claiming that if blacks or Muslims had pulled something like this, the cops would have come in guns blazing from the start. That's nonsense, obviously. First of all, Muslims always take over inhabited buildings and kill everyone inside them. A slightly different situation, don't you think? Second, black folks in Baltimore set fire to entire city blocks, looted, threw Molotov cocktails, and torched cop cars, and the police sat back and watched it happen. The mayor even declared that the looters should be given "space to destroy." So, no, there is no white privilege here. We've seen blacks lay siege to populated cities while law enforcement stood to the side and twiddled their thumbs. If there's any double standard here, it's in the reverse.

4) Last point, back to the Hammonds again: where does the federal government derive the authority to take ownership of land and give it over to birds and deer? The constitution grants the feds the power to build forts and so on, but why does the federal government own the woods in eastern Oregon? If land needs to be "protected" so that birds have some privacy, which I'm not sure it does to begin with, then it should be the state in charge of that sort of thing.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

Blind Pineapple posted:

Who wanted hot takes on the situation in Oregon?

I grew up in Oregon and I'm glad that this is reminding people that most of Oregon is dumb rednecks and not some weirdo paradise people think Portland is.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Portland is exactly a weirdo paradise. It just makes up a very small area of the state.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
They're protesting two idiots that covered up poaching by setting the wilderness on fire. They were convicted of this in eastern loving Oregon. It's as redneck hick y'all land as anywhere.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Freep thread is having a field day with this bullshit. Apparently the guys are asking for people to send the "snacks and gear". Also they are freezing their rear end off because they can't get a fire going :laugh:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Cross-post from freep thread

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Fathis Munk posted:

Freep thread is having a field day with this bullshit. Apparently the guys are asking for people to send the "snacks and gear". Also they are freezing their rear end off because they can't get a fire going :laugh:

So much tactical equipment, and yet not a single tactic.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Fathis Munk posted:

Arsehole are going to end up accidentally burning the whole wilderness down, aren't they.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Eponine posted:

How many homeschooled kids are taught by their fathers?

Teaching's not a man's job! That's women's work! Now, coaching, on the other hand, that's a real man's job.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Madkal posted:

Arsehole are going to end up accidentally burning the whole wilderness down, aren't they.

They just gave up and turned themselves in so no

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

RareAcumen posted:

Teaching's not a man's job! That's women's work! Now, coaching, on the other hand, that's a real man's job.

As long as it's not volleyball, because volleyball is a woman's game.

Or is it ESPECIALLY volleyball because of the short shorts on the girls?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Je suis fatigue posted:

They just gave up and turned themselves in so no

Who? The ranchers who said they were before this poo poo show started?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

As long as it's not volleyball, because volleyball is a woman's game.

Or is it ESPECIALLY volleyball because of the short shorts on the girls?

Hmmm, tough call. Let's bring in a bunch of Middle school girls while our FOX NEWS panel discusses their appearance in the most uncomfortable way possible for anyone not living in the Conservative fever dream.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

DemeaninDemon posted:

Who? The ranchers who said they were before this poo poo show started?

Ah, I was just going by the CCN news update on my iPad without actually following this story very closely. I was under the impression that the fire starters were with the occupation guys in Oregon but I guess they were in California? Like it was a protection thing not a lovely stupid protest, so then the federal land squatting goes on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Je suis fatigue posted:

Ah, I was just going by the CCN news update on my iPad without actually following this story very closely. I was under the impression that the fire starters were with the occupation guys in Oregon but I guess they were in California? Like it was a protection thing not a lovely stupid protest, so then the federal land squatting goes on.

The guys occupying the building say it's in support of the arsonist ranchers but the arsonist ranchers already turned themselves in and went back to jail quietly. Apparently their response to the guys occupying the building is more or less "wait, what the gently caress are you idiots doing?" So apparently now they're saying that it's in support of making sure it doesn't happen to any other arsonist ranchers.

Because I guess lighting fire to and grazing cattle on federal land you were told not to do those things in is a God-given freedom that must not be taken away.