Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...ion-for-balance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

SuperSpiff posted:

We should declare war on reddit in a popular video game or something

We have done this, literally, in EVE Online, and won. /r/eve basically only talks about what evil jackbooted thugs we are.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I want odd curio ships from Botswana called BOtique-MegaCorp

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

The Meat Dimension posted:

oh god hull integrity is failing
Gets out of chair at a leisurely pace
oh good since I play solo the elevator is on my level
Presses several <<use>> buttons to operate the lift
Maybe I can get out of here before the goons hit a fuel tank
Proceeds to enter escape pod at :lesnick: speed
gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress
Ship explodes.

I think the dude doing the whiteboxing(?) is doing a stand up job.

This is literally where I think Eve has the larger than one man fighter ship concept perfect. You're not some dude rattling around in a ship, you're plugged into a goo filled pod that serves as the escape vessel, and you control your ship with your brain.

Which sounds silly, right? I mean, mind control, haha, that's not realistic, so far fetched. Right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTtUlewbOxA

Oh.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

poo poo, someone should totally ask if Chris would consider EEG BCI intergration with Star Shitizen so it has the latest tech in controller input.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

redwalrus posted:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::
http://youtu.be/qqcN6UkKfog?t=11m39s
Chris Roberts says they're working on procedural planets with Crysis level fidelity where you can hunt alien animals now
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::
Translation: Crobbers just saw the trailer for FarCry Primal.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Berious posted:

Sell you jpegs for a double refund imo. Its called the grey market because they will all be pensioners before SC comes out

So how does one sell my space jpeg?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Why do so many SC ships have elevator shafts across only two or three decks? Why does the one posted on the last page have TWO? Elevators in space jfc

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

He just needs to tell Chris Roberts how many people are in China that maybe want to one day play a spaceship game.

Wookie Bouquet
Jan 27, 2013

Too tsundere to drive.

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

He just needs to tell Chris Roberts how many people are in China that maybe want to one day play a spaceship game.

Implying that there aren't already chinese StarCitizens

Robert needs more gold indeed!

tbh these guys would fit in with this thread based on what the rest of the cake says.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I looked that up and those were actually some nice guys

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

G0RF posted:

She's kept a surprisingly low profile the last month-- avoiding Reverse the Verse for weeks, letting Ben handle AtV solo. I've missed her.

At least we got that fantastic episode of "Ask Sandi" last month. That was a goldmine- and her appearance on "Fortnightly Frontier" was pretty awesome, too.

So winsome, humble and honest to a fault. How can anyone not love her? She made all this possible-- she gave hundreds of thousands of losers a reason to live again, to believe in the power of dreams again. Human connections have been forged by the thousands -- thanks to her efforts, her talents, her passion. Why wouldn't we be faithful until death to a woman like that?

She did it-- all of it-- and it was really only possible because she's not just any woman-- she's ten in one. And it's not arrogant in the slightest for her to remind us of that constantly. Or Chris, for that matter. It's the truth.

She is the Star in Star Citizen -- and lest you doubt it...

What in God's name did I miss.

I quit paying attention for a few days trying to help Bootcha get everything ready for his parents coming to town, and I come back to Aphex Twin Smilin' Sandi, some bulllshit about Chinese/Japanese megacorporations, and somebody kinda trying to defend Disco Lando (whom I hated on sight).

At least I saw the Star Wars crawl. That was genius. :3:

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Wookie Bouquet posted:

Implying that there aren't already chinese StarCitizens

Robert needs more gold indeed!

tbh these guys would fit in with this thread based on what the rest of the cake says.

is this real life

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
is this just fantasy
caught on a loading screen
no escape from reality

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Star Citizen: Robert need more gold

LowIQAsiaFacLowtax
Jan 5, 2016

by Cowcaster

Lowtax posted:

I love how that poo poo heap garbage dump Reddit essentially allows their stupid echo chambers to ban people by making their posts vanish. What a great idea, silence the minority because the vocal majority is always inherently correct.
Classic user error.

1. https://www.reddit.com/prefs/ > comment options > sort comments by [new / controversial / whatever anything but score/top]
2. check "ignore suggested sorts"
3. "Don't show me comments with a score less than..." [set this to -999 to show all comments regardless of votes]

May I just say how much I love the fact that the owner/operator of an internet forum isn't computer literate enough to figure out how to set his own preferences on a website other than his own.

Perhaps your technical ineptitude is the reason I'm the only one funding your dying forum, you chucklefuck manchild. And here I thought you Orientals were supposed to be smart, jesus fuckin Christ.

Unban me you irrelevant internet-dipshit loser.

Warmissh regards,

Space Marshal Seraph84

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

LowIQAsiaFacLowtax
Jan 5, 2016

by Cowcaster
Also hello to all my favorite goons and goonettes, please bump my excellent RSI thread here https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6126676/#Comment_6126676

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
You seem to be awfully familiar with reddit, I wonder how that came to be :pedo:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Well when you put it like that

LowIQAsiaFacLowtax
Jan 5, 2016

by Cowcaster

LowIQAsiaFacLowtax posted:

Classic user error.

1. https://www.reddit.com/prefs/ > comment options > sort comments by [new / controversial / whatever anything but score/top]
2. check "ignore suggested sorts"
3. "Don't show me comments with a score less than..." [set this to -999 to show all comments regardless of votes]

May I just say how much I love the fact that the owner/operator of an internet forum isn't computer literate enough to figure out how to set his own preferences on a website other than his own.

Perhaps your technical ineptitude is the reason I'm the only one funding your dying forum, you chucklefuck manchild. And here I thought you Orientals were supposed to be smart, jesus fuckin Christ.

Unban me you irrelevant internet-dipshit loser.

Warmissh regards,

Space Marshal Seraph84
you just got seraph'd on your own site, fagg0t. Get it, cause seraph'd sounds kinda like, 'served'? Only better because its seraph.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

*raises hand for an Avatar from the only source of funding for the dying SomethingAwfulDotCom comedy forum website*

LowIQAsiaFacLowtax
Jan 5, 2016

by Cowcaster

FelixReynolds posted:

*raises hand for an Avatar from the only source of funding for the dying SomethingAwfulDotCom comedy forum website*

If anyones getting a seraph av it's Scruffpuff, not you useless nobody fucktard. How the gently caress does Scruffpuff not have an av by now? Shame on all of you.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I took some time away from this thread to get addicted to Terraria.

Now that I'm back, I just want to admit that this whole time I've been making fun of Star Citizen and the backers not because I really believed the project was a burning train full of dog poo hurdling towards a dead end, but instead because I was secretly jealous of them and all their cool ships and orgs.

I hate them because I ain't them.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The closet racists coming out arguing in that thread is great.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Xaerael posted:

This is literally where I think Eve has the larger than one man fighter ship concept perfect. You're not some dude rattling around in a ship, you're plugged into a goo filled pod that serves as the escape vessel, and you control your ship with your brain.

Which sounds silly, right? I mean, mind control, haha, that's not realistic, so far fetched. Right?

Oh.

don't forget you're functionally immortal and everyone who is not also someone like you thinks you're completely loving insane and hates you

LowIQAsiaFacLowtax
Jan 5, 2016

by Cowcaster
Also if you use Reddit Enhancemednt Suite, you'll be able to see comments even after moderators or the OP deletes them http://redditenhancementsuite.com/

Like Bitcoin, reddit is actually surprisingly censorship-resistant when you use the appropriate tools at your disposal. And you don't need to :10bux: your way around censorship unlike certain other internet forums.

LowIQAsiaFacLowtax fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 5, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Unfunny Poster posted:

The closet racists coming out arguing in that thread is great.
Yeah, I probably should have pointed that out in my post.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HapiMerchant posted:

don't forget you're functionally immortal and everyone who is not also someone like you thinks you're completely loving insane and hates you

Or are viewed as a freak of nature and racially impure.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Xaerael posted:

Oh.

The best part about EVE is that you are the only one in a capsule, but the ship still has thousands of crew doing whatever mundane job they have. Imagine the constant horror that they live, existing only to serve an uncaring demigod who cannot die.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A fantasy in two posts: Expectations of a Space Sim, Business Practices, and the Genre as a Whole

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The best part about EVE is that you are the only one in a capsule, but the ship still has thousands of crew doing whatever mundane job they have. Imagine the constant horror that they live, existing only to serve an uncaring demigod who cannot die.

Their families must hate suicide gankers :smith:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I guess what I am saying is that Star Citizen's lore is derivative and uninspired.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Shots fired off the pedo bow!

LowIQAsiaFacLowtax
Jan 5, 2016

by Cowcaster

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Shots fired off the pedo bow!
The pain can stop at any time. All you have to do is capitulate: unban my original Seraph84 account and apologize. And say that you love me, and always will.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

And say that you love me, and always will.

please dont quote what you said to your cousin when you molested them

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I guess what I am saying is that Star Citizen's lore is derivative and uninspired.

Tbf, anyone who expected the sc lore to be anything but vanilla sci-fi is also the sort of person who gets suprised to find out water is always wet.

LowIQAsiaFacLowtax
Jan 5, 2016

by Cowcaster

Seraph84 posted:

You might as well just strap in and get used to being forumrekt, cause I'm going nowhere.
I bet some of you didn't take this post seriously back in August. How about now, goon-brains?

LowIQAsiaFacLowtax fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Jan 5, 2016

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

The pain can stop at any time. All you have to do is capitulate: unban my original Seraph84 account and apologize. And say that you love me, and always will.

you have the strangest meltdowns

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Xaerael posted:

Tbf, anyone who expected the sc lore to be anything but vanilla sci-fi is also the sort of person who gets suprised to find out water is always wet.

At this point I don't really expect anything but disappointment. The lore is just another example of how painfully generic everything is. It seems like the only innovation Chris cares about is technological.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread
Have a cat picture Seraph

• Locked thread