Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
from time to time the pipes of the bird sanctuary welcome center must be kept thawed by the blood of patriots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

SedanChair posted:

Not really, have you ever actually been to those areas? They are either amazing natural vistas that rednecks are unfit to set foot on, or big rocks.

Or Top Secret and filled with either bomb craters or nuclear craters.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

SocketWrench posted:

Well, that and we don't want Dust Bowl II when they try to either

Hard to even begin to have a dust bowl when you don't have any water to let you develop it in the first place. The only reason you see development in places like eastern Washington is because of ridiculously extensive irrigation from the Columbia River. Eastern Oregon, Nevada, and Utah etc. don't really have any sort of reliable water source for large scale agriculture.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

ansel autisms posted:

OregonLive was implying one just happened, a livestream was on their homepage and now it's nothing. Someone sent me a summary of what they heard, was this last night's?

This sounds like the one from today. It was longer than yesterday's but mostly the same poo poo.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

from time to time the pipes of the bird sanctuary welcome center must be kept thawed by the blood of patriots

Lol.

illumn8d
Jul 24, 2002

If you've ever had someone grab your nutsack in a tussle then yank on it, you'll know why I greased the boys up.
I just mailed them a case of seed bells to:

General Mail
John Ritzheimer or Blaine Cooper
Burns, OR 97720

Feed the birds the snacks they so sorely deserve.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

ansel autisms posted:

OregonLive was implying one just happened, a livestream was on their homepage and now it's nothing. Someone sent me a summary of what they heard, was this last night's?

lol, the pipes will freeze. Yeah. The loving militia that can't start a fire. Ironic they kicked this off over some people that had more than enough success lighting fires.

"Lots of people" meaning one or two people showed up and this "Tells me that we must stay and fight, because all these people support us"

I'm half tempted to poo poo in a box and mail it to their supplies request

ansel autisms posted:

Hard to even begin to have a dust bowl when you don't have any water to let you develop it in the first place. The only reason you see development in places like eastern Washington is because of ridiculously extensive irrigation from the Columbia River. Eastern Oregon, Nevada, and Utah etc. don't really have any sort of reliable water source for large scale agriculture.

All they have to do is tear up the top soil really. Once the natural build is gone that keeps things in check, disaster follows. And don't you deny for one minute these types of fuckers wouldn't tear up every inch of land they own at once than try to work a small portion to see if it was even feasible.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!
I really thought they'd use "as long as we're wanted here" as their face-saving way out but hohoho no, it looks like we better strap in for this ride. :getin:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

They'll tear it up for mineral extraction and grazing, just not from "farming"

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ansel autisms posted:

I remember hearing people say without irony that we should open up Nevada to homesteading because people will surely be eager to become subsistence farmers in the desert and it will lead to an awakening of rural values and so on and so forth. Even as a dumb teenager my response was "with what water?"

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ansel autisms posted:

Which is of course the product of the federal Bureau of Reclamation. Pretty much all life west of the Mississippi River is the product of federal pork water projects.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
I'm cracking up just imagining any one of these getting sent to them

http://observer.com/2015/03/the-complete-list-of-all-the-stuff-you-can-anonymously-ship-your-enemies/

ShadowCatboy
Jan 22, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

DeathSandwich posted:

So out of curiosity, any medical people able to sound off on how quickly scurvy will start setting in once their box of oranges gets eaten or goes bad? I can only hope by the time this ends they are frostbitten and have progressed to scurvy-mouth.

About a month and a half.

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Holy poo poo why is taiwan so loving awesome?

From what I can tell the Taiwanese vid doesn't refer to these guys as "Yeehawdists" as they imply in the caption. They're just saying "these crazies" in Mandarin.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Which is of course the product of the federal Bureau of Reclamation. Pretty much all life west of the Mississippi River is the product of federal pork water projects.

It's one of the great ironies about "We don't need the federal government!" types. They'd destroy themselves in very short order without the federal government.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SocketWrench posted:

lol, the pipes will freeze. Yeah. The loving militia that can't start a fire. Ironic they kicked this off over some people that had more than enough success lighting fires.

If you turn the power and water off in a place where it gets freezing cold in the winter, the pipes will freeze, yes. I don't think starting a fire inside the place is a good idea.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Whatever happens to the pipes, the hillbillies are responsible for it and will be fined for it I am sure. The longer this goes on, the more charges will be against them and the longer they will sit in jail. Win/Win

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ninkobei posted:

Whatever happens to the pipes, the hillbillies are responsible for it and will be fined for it I am sure. The longer this goes on, the more charges will be against them and the longer they will sit in jail. Win/Win

None of them will see jail time, they won't even be questioned, they'll be allowed to leave, the right declare victory, and they'll still get to go home to seeing Obama being impeached on the news over squashing gun rights.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Volkerball posted:

If you turn the power and water off in a place where it gets freezing cold in the winter, the pipes will freeze, yes. I don't think starting a fire inside the place is a good idea.

I have no doubt the pipes would (but I doubt that's why they don't want the power turned off), but it seems a small price to pay to watch these bozos enjoy more misery.

And yes, they have tried lighting fires...that went out because wet poo poo doesn't burn too well

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Volkerball posted:

So you're saying they're probably going to accidentally burn the joint down, in other words.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Nonsense posted:

None of them will see jail time, they won't even be questioned, they'll be allowed to leave, the right declare victory, and they'll still get to go home to seeing Obama being impeached on the news over squashing gun rights.

Get out of my head.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

Do these guys have cell reception? If they do (which I kind of doubt), cutting the power will add a whole new level of fun to their takeover.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

SocketWrench posted:

I have no doubt the pipes would, but it seems a small price to pay to watch these bozos enjoy more misery.

And yes, they have tried lighting fires...that went out because wet poo poo doesn't burn too well

It's really, really bad, and expensive to fix. The hillbillies are saying it as a threat to prevent anyone from shutting it off, but they could also be subject to fines for the pipes being broken while they were occupying it I would assume.

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Senf posted:

Do these guys have cell reception? If they do (which I kind of doubt), cutting the power will add a whole new level of fun to their takeover.

Yes, there's reasonable coverage in that area as it's mostly flat and has good LOS to whatever butte they decide to throw a tower on.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

Send snacks, a microwave, and a generator. Oh also some pipe insulation.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I used to have quarterly meetings with a bunch of maintenance shop chiefs and their production controllers. Basically a bunch of older guys who's bodies were physically broken by years of substance abuse, deployments to various middle eastern countries, and military "physical fitness."

Two of them, out of thirty, brought cell phone "jammers" to a meeting one year. They had apparently built them and placed them in old lunch boxes. They were strong enough to kill my reception throughout an entire hotel.

If those guys can do that out of spare parts they probably raided from radio shack and the electronics shop recycling, then I'd imagine the government can block these morons from ordering Papa Johns or whatever the gently caress they'd be doing with a cell phone.

LogisticEarth
Mar 28, 2004

Someone once told me, "Time is a flat circle".

SocketWrench posted:

Can they really not keep a fire going? poo poo, we used to do all kinds of winter and poor weather camping in the Scouts. We always used found wood, and we always were able to keep that poo poo going. As 12 year olds. With flint and steel. It sucked to get started but once you got a fire rolling anything will burn eventually. These guys are going out of thier way to prove how much of a joke they are.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

No Butt Stuff posted:

I used to have quarterly meetings with a bunch of maintenance shop chiefs and their production controllers. Basically a bunch of older guys who's bodies were physically broken by years of substance abuse, deployments to various middle eastern countries, and military "physical fitness."

Two of them, out of thirty, brought cell phone "jammers" to a meeting one year. They had apparently built them and placed them in old lunch boxes. They were strong enough to kill my reception throughout an entire hotel.

If those guys can do that out of spare parts they probably raided from radio shack and the electronics shop recycling, then I'd imagine the government can block these morons from ordering Papa Johns or whatever the gently caress they'd be doing with a cell phone.

First, you can get those shipped from China for under $100. Second, why would they do that?

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Radbot posted:

First, you can get those shipped from China for under $100. Second, why would they do that?

Cell phones cause brain damage, libtard.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

LogisticEarth posted:

Can they really not keep a fire going? poo poo, we used to do all kinds of winter and poor weather camping in the Scouts. We always used found wood, and we always were able to keep that poo poo going. As 12 year olds. With flint and steel. It sucked to get started but once you got a fire rolling anything will burn eventually. These guys are going out of thier way to prove how much of a joke they are.

To be fair, it's a frozen marsh (except where it's desert), the only proper trees I've seen in pictures of the place are the three or so that were obviously planted next to the gift shop they've taken over, and these men are colossal dumbasses in a way that dwarfs the usual level of dumbshittery you run into among groups like this.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I get why they're not shooting these guys up, but why aren't they placing LRADs or other non-injurious but highly annoying things? There's no way this lasts for more than a day when you're getting 24 hours of 90db shrill sirens in your ears.

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme

illumn8d posted:

I just mailed them a case of seed bells to:

General Mail
John Ritzheimer or Blaine Cooper
Burns, OR 97720

Feed the birds the snacks they so sorely deserve.

I sent Blaine glitter when he was trying to start CW2 with the miners a few months back! Such a pleasant fellow is our Blaine!

Oh yeah, I forgot, during the miner thing they also talked a lot about coms;

quote:

Bring your own communications. (Preferably Baofeng UV-
5R / BF-F8+ to simplify programming and setup.)

Oath Keepers Simplex Frequency: 146.420 NO PL Tone

Attention Oath Keepers, Preppers, Patriots
and Concerned Citizens!
Starting January 14th there will be a county
wide preparedness radio network at 2000
hours, 8 PM local time. This will be
conducted every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of
the month on a linked Amateur Radio
Repeater near you. Thank you JCEC!

"Channel 3 Project"
Since the average citizen is NOT an
Amateur Radio operator, we wanted to have
a standardized method of being able to
communicate with one another. Nearly
everyone in our circle had at least one form
of communication requiring no license to
operate, such as CB, FRS/GMRS, or MURS
radios. This link-up protocol is being
distributed among various circles
nationwide, if someone needed assistance
they had the highest probability of linking up
with someone of like-mind, even if the two
parties did not personally know each other
prior that moment. There are more than
2000 Amateur Radio operators nationwide
involved in this effort! See
https://www.amrron.com and
https://www.oathkeepersjoco.com

King mountain
147.340 (+) offset and pl 136.5
Bluey mountain - UP SOON!
147.140 (+) offset and pl 136.5
Fielder mountain
146.760 (-) offset and pl 136.5
Eight Dollar mountain
145.490 (-) offset and pl 136.5
Elk mountain
145.270 (-) offset and pl 136.5

of course that doesn't give away their CURRENT coms information but it does give you a little insight into how they think about communications!

ChlamydiaJones fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 5, 2016

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Radbot posted:

Conspiracy nonsense. It's a common belief (that I think might be kind of sort of true) that the government can listen to any cellphone they want whenever they want, even if they're turned off, so obviously the government is listening to all cellphones, all the time. Since these guys are a threat to liberal tyranny then obviously Oblammo is spying on them literally all day every day. Gotta carry a jammer to make sure.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Radbot posted:

I get why they're not shooting these guys up, but why aren't they placing LRADs or other non-injurious but highly annoying things? There's no way this lasts for more than a day when you're getting 24 hours of 90db shrill sirens in your ears.

Pointing and laughing seems to be working out fine, why go to the trouble? Let them pitch their fit and they can have a nap afterwards.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The refuge wildlife biologist probably would have something to say about around the clock 90dB shrill noise.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Radbot posted:

you only do this when people are somewhere you dont want them to be, like in a crowd in the middle of the street. i dont think anyone cares that yokel haram is milling around an empty cabin on a desolate prarie

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

"Fight for your right (to party)" 24/7.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Kazak_Hstan posted:

The refuge wildlife biologist probably would have something to say about around the clock 90dB shrill noise.

Pretty sure they evacuated their offices of all personnel a few days ago.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

you only do this when people are somewhere you dont want them to be, like in a crowd in the middle of the street. i dont think anyone cares that yokel haram is milling around an empty cabin on a desolate prarie

So as long as someone's breaking into something that "no one" cares about, there should be no law enforcement response? I mean I'm pro squatters rights, but that seems like a stretch.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Radbot posted:

because they have a fuckton of guns. and can just shoot the cops, plus i am pretty sure they have kids on the premises now.

ansel autisms posted:

makes sense. I assume they are lying out their rear end about the support.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Spun Dog posted:

Pointing and laughing seems to be working out fine, why go to the trouble? Let them pitch their fit and they can have a nap afterwards.

Their discomfort pleases me. I am feuled by schadenfreude.

Though I agree with the people way earlier in the thread, they should go full Norieaga on them and blast Master P's "Make 'em say Uhh" at them 24/7. I for one would enjoy watching them foam at the mouth with hate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

because they have a fuckton of guns. and can just shoot the cops, plus i am pretty sure they have kids on the premises now.

So, if they shoot the cops, shoot back. What's the problem here, this is loving America, we shoot people for literally no reason.

Also lol at those comms reports, GMRS requires an FCC license you worthless Nazi hicks

• Locked thread