Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

The avs are coming from INSIDE the mumble :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
You know who is back and he vowed to redeem himself.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.
I thought I would do a little exploration last night and wound up flying out to DS9 on my level 11 Romney and then figured I'd check out Quark's. WTF did I just walk into? Chat was making my eyes bleed. Are there holodecks in Quark's? Actually, I'm not sure I want to know the answer because of might be going on in there.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How's the game with a controller? They have dedicated 360 controller settings so they at least made some kind of effort and it's not completely terrible, right?

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
If you just want to plug in the controller and not have it be terrible you're going to be disappointed. You can in theory get it running well but you're going to have to setup custom keybinds for everything and the inventory management is going to be unworkable without a mouse/keyboard.

I honestly prefer to do most of my gaming with a gamepad and it's just not worth the effort for this one.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

IPCRESS posted:

Wait, someone got mad enough at the mumble crew to start buying avs? And there wasn't any wiki editing involved?

I like my new av though

I think they were x-mas gifts

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Logged in and noticed I had mail

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

CrushedWill posted:

Kobali blows donkey rear end, but it is the best source of Iconian marks in terms of speed and gaining cores. A necessary evil.

I just get delta marks from Kobali. Am I doing something wrong?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

revtoiletduck posted:

The final two missions on the planet let you choose between delta and Iconian.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Oh, I guess I've never made it that far because the place is miserable.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

revtoiletduck posted:

Oh, I guess I've never made it that far because the place is miserable.
If you can bear it long enough to unlock the transporters, you can transport to a spot just below where the final 2 missions start and hang out there until enough pubbies form up to run the mission. Then follow them, shoot a couple of guys, and collect your marks.

hakimashou posted:

A small community of players dedicated to playing ground queues? I fully support destroying that community. It's for their own good.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

IPCRESS posted:

Wait, someone got mad enough at the mumble crew to start buying avs? And there wasn't any wiki editing involved?

Thank god I dont rate to be one of them. Those mumble crew are always trouble.

CrushedWill
Sep 27, 2012

Stand it like a man... and give some back

revtoiletduck posted:

If you are running Act III mish, two of the missions offer a choice of either Iconian or Delta (Last Breath and Breaking the Wall? I cant remember the names) that will include the daily bonus once every 20h.

The problem with running act III mish is that you actually have to complete the Act III mish the first time, which blows goats if you if have never run it.

EDIT: Oops I'm slow, previously answered.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

hakimashou posted:

I hope you asked for the screenshots.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Yeah, we can't enact any kind of punitive action on word alone. We need hard evidence. A screenshot is good, but video would be more conclusive.

To any pubbies reading the thread please collect this evidence so the proper rewards punishments can be served. Thank you.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal
There are no screenshots because he's nothing but a two-bit liar trying to jam me up.

I mean just honestly ask yourself does this seem like something your pal Lago or Buschmaki would ever do?

Lagomorphic fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 6, 2016

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
I have only ever had positive dealings with the upstanding gentlemen known as Your Pal Lago and Buschmaki and am aghast that anyone would dare to sully their good name like this.

Technical Analysis
Nov 21, 2007

I got 99 problems but the British ain't one.
Trusted Friend Lago and Dear Friend Buschmaki have always performed above and beyond the expectations of the rank and file of Dental. It's why we require such extensive evidence of these claims.

Please know, we do not take defamatory statements on our most decorated officers lightly. If you are found to be falsifying your claims, as I am most certain you are, your punishment will be swift and severe.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
This is a very serious claim... if I did it.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

g0del posted:

If you can bear it long enough to unlock the transporters, you can transport to a spot just below where the final 2 missions start and hang out there until enough pubbies form up to run the mission. Then follow them, shoot a couple of guys, and collect your marks.

Or get impatient and hop between instances until you find one in progress. 6 minutes on a slow day and you leave with 2 probe cores and 76 marks.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Lagomorphic posted:

There are no screenshots because he's nothing but a two-bit liar trying to jam me up.

I mean just honestly ask yourself does this seem like something your pal Lago or Buschmaki would ever do?
Once I joined an pug ISA and before we even started, one of the other players started ranting about 'evil trolling dental' and that I would ruin the STF, so he was going to ruin my trolling by pre-emptively making us fail the optional*. I hadn't even said anything or started moving my ship when he announced this.

Since I have never seen a dental member intentionally causing problems in an STF, and I have seen other players cause problems and attempt to blame dental, I agree that he's a liar trying to besmirch some of our finest members.

*This was when optionals were actually optional

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

g0del posted:

Once I joined an pug ISA and before we even started, one of the other players started ranting about 'evil trolling dental' and that I would ruin the STF, so he was going to ruin my trolling by pre-emptively making us fail the optional*. I hadn't even said anything or started moving my ship when he announced this.

Since I have never seen a dental member intentionally causing problems in an STF, and I have seen other players cause problems and attempt to blame dental, I agree that he's a liar trying to besmirch some of our finest members.

*This was when optionals were actually optional

ha! That actually happened to me once. Made me feel special. :)

Rahhmi
Aug 18, 2015

GO WEEDJI!

[05/28/2016 12:40:42 AM] Pulse: don't stir up my
personal drama, please

hakimashou posted:

Having witnessed Buschmaki's comments regarding IGA in our beloved fleet chat, and having run the mission with him myself... I ~REFUSE~ to Accept any part of this story, and therefor require VIDEO EVIDENCE (via youtube and infinite looper), as well as a Demorecord of said events, to go hand-in-hand with screenshots.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Just because there hasn't been much in the way of pubbie drama lately, I will go ahead and post this: http://pastebin.com/VksHdM2n

Rake@elisetheangel, a pubbie frequently caught red-handed in ERP honeypot missions, and a guy who actually tried to bribe Sterie with ERP in order to get dental to leave him alone, is back and belligerent on Risa. After accusing Dental of being a "major perv" fleet full of pedophiles, Pucker and I found an ERP chat log of his and posted excerpts. He went ballistic.

Some highlights:

quote:

Rake@elisetheangel: how about, some help me to help you by setting you perv rear end on fire and watching it burn to a crisp while you scream the whole time, that would be nice

quote:

Rake@elisetheangel: you comletely sicken me NB, i mean really, ive never been more sickened by another human than you, you sick frakking child molester

quote:

Rake@elisetheangel: sir.. you completely dusgust me, and well as all who are here, but eventually you will get caught and punished for transgressions, you child molester, frak u are a sick frak

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

[Local] Rake@elisetheangel: Thomas... do you have a phaser rifle in your pants?? "blushes"... i hope thats on safe mister...

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
So comparing the T6 Feds vs T5u/T6 Rommies, are the rommies outclassed by the feds or are there standout ships amongst theirs beyond the scimitar?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

DonDoodles posted:

Rake@elisetheangel, a pubbie frequently caught red-handed in ERP honeypot missions, and a guy who actually tried to bribe Sterie with ERP in order to get dental to leave him alone, is back and belligerent on Risa. After accusing Dental of being a "major perv" fleet full of pedophiles, Pucker and I found an ERP chat log of his and posted excerpts. He went ballistic.

All class that one :toot:

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
I actually played some Ker'rat PvP yesterday and to make it really retro I met a bunch of HOBOs. Couple of things struck me:

1. Holy poo poo they're as bad as ever, if not worse, at PvPing. Didn't think it was as possible as it is to make someone melt so fast with a poo poo setup that I got but drat they really made me feel more competent than I am.

2. Didn't HOBO get disbanded by Linamia and goons snatched the name?

3. It was fun to see how fast the klanks joined our instance once I spoke once in chat to mock the HOBO and one of them identified me as a dental. I was the only fed without cloak so I was target #1 almost all the time but they just couldn't kill me despite my only healing powers being hazard emitters 1, EptS and TS2. My favorite was the moron with a torpedo boat who would decloak, fire of a torpedo spread and then recloak asap(if he got the time, often he just died in the short timeframe he was visible) and never once got my health below 95%. My pets did more damage to him each run than what he did with all his offensive buffs and poo poo activated each run.

The PvP is really awful these days but there's still some enjoyment to be found there. Being in a slow-rear end cruiser without cloak makes me a target so I always get stuff to do. :)

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Innerguard posted:

So comparing the T6 Feds vs T5u/T6 Rommies, are the rommies outclassed by the feds or are there standout ships amongst theirs beyond the scimitar?
Most of the new ships have come in packs for all three factions with similar abilities and boff seating, but there may be a couple of new ships that can be considered more flexible for Romulans (like the Morrigu offering a universal slot for its intel ability, rather than a tactical for the federation) but the majority of ships (and dev. effort) can still be found on the federation side. The old T5/u Tulwar and Scimitar still remains the best ships if you're chasing damage as a Romulan and I think most people that buy new z-store ships generally does so to get the traits rather than the ships themselves.

There also the option of getting cross-faction ships from the lobi store/exchange if you're not specifically after a ship that "looks" Romulan (with the exception of the temporal science and destroyer which have faction specific designs).

Technical Analysis posted:

Trusted Friend Lago and Dear Friend Buschmaki have always performed above and beyond the expectations of the rank and file of Dental. It's why we require such extensive evidence of these claims.
I think that any "evidence" should be presented by the accuser to the most honorable judge Jojo, to make sure that any judgement is sound and impartial.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Jan 7, 2016

Jiz
Jan 7, 2016

Trans and Drag Queens doing cocaine, once you're a Jiz Whore you're never the same.
Could someone tell me what I'm supposed to do from level 50 to 60? I recently logged back in after a long break, ended up in a Dyson sphere and now I'm clueless, everything seems to be 'zones' instead of missions.

Also does the KDF side still suck?

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Stinkyspots posted:

Could someone tell me what I'm supposed to do from level 50 to 60? I recently logged back in after a long break, ended up in a Dyson sphere and now I'm clueless, everything seems to be 'zones' instead of missions.

Also does the KDF side still suck?
The Delta story arc should be what you're working on next, followed by the Iconian arc. Supplement with doffing, and more importantly Admiralty ship-flinging missions, once they become available.

Jiz
Jan 7, 2016

Trans and Drag Queens doing cocaine, once you're a Jiz Whore you're never the same.

Lorak posted:

The Delta story arc should be what you're working on next, followed by the Iconian arc. Supplement with doffing, and more importantly Admiralty ship-flinging missions, once they become available.

Nice, thank you, I did read the DOFF's were actually giving some pretty good XP now, was a bit rubbish when I left.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Rutkowski posted:

I actually played some Ker'rat PvP yesterday and to make it really retro I met a bunch of HOBOs. Couple of things struck me:

1. Holy poo poo they're as bad as ever, if not worse, at PvPing. Didn't think it was as possible as it is to make someone melt so fast with a poo poo setup that I got but drat they really made me feel more competent than I am.

2. Didn't HOBO get disbanded by Linamia and goons snatched the name?

3. It was fun to see how fast the klanks joined our instance once I spoke once in chat to mock the HOBO and one of them identified me as a dental. I was the only fed without cloak so I was target #1 almost all the time but they just couldn't kill me despite my only healing powers being hazard emitters 1, EptS and TS2. My favorite was the moron with a torpedo boat who would decloak, fire of a torpedo spread and then recloak asap(if he got the time, often he just died in the short timeframe he was visible) and never once got my health below 95%. My pets did more damage to him each run than what he did with all his offensive buffs and poo poo activated each run.

The PvP is really awful these days but there's still some enjoyment to be found there. Being in a slow-rear end cruiser without cloak makes me a target so I always get stuff to do. :)

I will go on sto later and kill you in pvp

End the fed

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?

hakimashou posted:

I will go on sto later and kill you in pvp

End the fed

You probably will since I'm bad, pubbies are just terrible.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Stinkyspots posted:

Nice, thank you, I did read the DOFF's were actually giving some pretty good XP now, was a bit rubbish when I left.
Assuming your long break started before DR (when they increased the level cap), doffing XP is actually significantly worse than you remember. What has improved is XP from the Admiralty system, which is doffing but with ships. Cryptic doesn't mind people getting decent XP from admiralty because it encourages people to spend money on otherwise worthless ships just to increase their admiralty roster.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

g0del posted:

Assuming your long break started before DR (when they increased the level cap), doffing XP is actually significantly worse than you remember. What has improved is XP from the Admiralty system, which is doffing but with ships. Cryptic doesn't mind people getting decent XP from admiralty because it encourages people to spend money on otherwise worthless ships just to increase their admiralty roster.

Combined doffing+admiralty makes about the same XP as doffing used to (or a little lower).

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Rutkowski posted:

You probably will since I'm bad, pubbies are just terrible.

If it's the HoB group I'm thinking of buzzing around in Ker'rat with you, then one of them was still using that stupid destabilized torp for some reason - he tends to accidentally blow himself during borg FaW cycles pretty often. You'll just be flying around and all of a sudden there's a pretty red explosion halfway across the map and some dude raging in chat about unbalanced fed ships.

He has never answered when I've asked him why he upgraded that ship :v:

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

DonDoodles posted:

Just because there hasn't been much in the way of pubbie drama lately, I will go ahead and post this: http://pastebin.com/VksHdM2n

Some highlights:

While I stopped playing years ago I look forward to these updates more than you can ever imagine please keep posting these.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

New giveaway... a whopping FIFTY energy whips to retweeters.

I mean man, those devs have really gone above and beyond to have FIFTY. Really breaking the bank there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

Tunicate posted:

New giveaway... a whopping FIFTY energy whips to retweeters.

I mean man, those devs have really gone above and beyond to have FIFTY. Really breaking the bank there.
Some lucky people are going to have to buy a lot of boff slots for all those whips

• Locked thread