Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
yall shouldnt senior lance shame <:mad:>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

at the date posted:

Ah yes, the Colonel Jessup defense.

Who ordered the Code Yellow?!

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Every day I get up and draw dicks on that wall...

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
No you see the dude who ended up killing himself deserved to get rocks thrown at him and stuff for being retarded. Lol.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

He obviously consented by not saying anything.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Larry Parrish posted:

No you see the dude who ended up killing himself deserved to get rocks thrown at him and stuff for being retarded. Lol.

He enlisted, makes u think

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
For responding, it is us: we are the idiots now

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
There was always at least one guy in every unit I was in that I wanted to road haul until he was a mangled torso

It was normally an SNCO

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

It was normally an SNCO in admin or a staff shop
There ya go

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Steezo posted:

Every day I get up and draw dicks on that wall...

I want the NJP!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE NJP!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

There ya go

Well, duh

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Seriously?

What are your guys thoughts on Bowe Bergdahl's trek to the nearest FOB in order to win an audience with a general because he had a HOSTILE TOXIC COMMAND CLIMATE or whatever?

I realize there isn't a movie about it yet so you'll have to put on your thinking caps and/or draw from your own MILITARY EXPERIENCE to really answer that.

Spoiler: idiot shitbags sometimes lie about their idiot shitbag experiences. gently caress'em.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
Wait, who are we calling an idiot shitbag?

In this specific instance, because god knows there's a zillion of em.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

Seriously?

What are your guys thoughts on Bowe Bergdahl's trek to the nearest FOB in order to win an audience with a general because he had a HOSTILE TOXIC COMMAND CLIMATE or whatever?

I realize there isn't a movie about it yet so you'll have to put on your thinking caps and/or draw from your own MILITARY EXPERIENCE to really answer that.

Spoiler: idiot shitbags sometimes lie about their idiot shitbag experiences. gently caress'em.
It's kind of hard to lie when you're loving dead.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Casimir Radon posted:

It's kind of hard to lie when you're loving dead.

But it is possible to lie before you blow your brains out over a puddle of tears and one last weepy letter home to mom, right?

It all sounds pretty implausible to me, but I wasn't in the Army. The Marine Corps has this thing called espirit de corps which I think is French for "death to turds".

Also,

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I hope Bowe Berghdal gets 25+ years with special mandate that only Afghan- and Pakistani-American servicemembers can guard him.

VV I am sorry the marine corps made you so tough that you can't imagine a unit where hazing & lovely command climate resulted in a suicide. As a proud accomplished veteran how do you feel about the guys who just can't take it after getting out or getting discharged?

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Zeris posted:

I hope Bowe Berghdal gets 25+ years with special mandate that only Afghan- and Pakistani-American servicemembers can guard him.

VV I am sorry the marine corps made you so tough that you can't imagine a unit where hazing & lovely command climate resulted in a suicide. As a proud accomplished veteran how do you feel about the guys who just can't take it after getting out or getting discharged?

I'm not claiming toughness. If anything, my limp-wristed faggoty academic pursuits and penchant for doodling (anthropomorphized cocks aside) should serve as evidence to my general unsuitability for all things macho and militant.

I just know that if you're getting dragged from your bed, you're probably a loving moron. Worse, you're probably a loving moron without any friends. And everyone who isn't a complete piece of poo poo has at least one friend.

I don't judge people for suicide. But I also don't assume that every veteran suicide is a result of their military service. Or that all veterans, by virtue of being a veteran, is automatically a saint or a sociopath if either term is ever thrown at them by someone with a political agenda and/or an hourly rate.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I'm going to stake out the bold position that it's not okay to beat the poo poo out of a guy on the regular, regardless of reason.

Maybe I can't HANDLE THE TRUTH?

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Victor Vermis posted:

I just know that if you're getting dragged from your bed, you're probably a loving moron. Worse, you're probably a loving moron without any friends. And everyone who isn't a complete piece of poo poo has at least one friend.

By the same token, no one wants to be friends with the guy who gets dragged out of bed and pelted with rocks.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
He'd have to be a downright amazing person to convince anyone to join the 12-Hour Watch and Stonings Club.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Hazing is great and all as long as there is a point. Even if half the kid's stories about his unit were true, they stopped doing it for any reason beyond "he already sucks so gently caress him lol" long before he took the easy out

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Victor Vermis posted:

I'm not claiming toughness. If anything, my limp-wristed faggoty academic pursuits and penchant for doodling (anthropomorphized cocks aside) should serve as evidence to my general unsuitability for all things macho and militant.

I don't judge people for suicide. But I also don't assume that every veteran suicide is a result of their military service. Or that all veterans, by virtue of being a veteran, is automatically a saint or a sociopath if either term is ever thrown at them by someone with a political agenda and/or an hourly rate.

gently caress you, if someone is a gently caress up you rotate him to BN working parties you don't stone him to death

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners
its weird how this works but if you aren't a shitbag, you dont get hazed.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

Consciously or not, people tend to invent "objective" reasons to dislike people they are prejudiced against. That shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. This thread is proof that plenty of shitbags do just fine in their military career, and I am 100% sure that there were a ton of them among the people tormenting this guy who blew his brains out.

It's weird, but outside of remote overseas bases, it's uncommon and even frowned upon to throw rocks people who are bad at their jobs.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I used to know a guy who liked to knock his wall locker over and sleep in it and pretend he was a vampire.

Dude seriously had vampire in place of his religion on his dog tags, and was a general gently caress up who somehow didn't get anyone killed but was pretty constantly the worst guy in the unit. Oddly enough, we never murdered him or beat the poo poo out of him or anything.

vains
May 26, 2004

Thump! posted:

I used to know a guy who liked to knock his wall locker over and sleep in it and pretend he was a vampire.

Dude seriously had vampire in place of his religion on his dog tags, and was a general gently caress up who somehow didn't get anyone killed but was pretty constantly the worst guy in the unit. Oddly enough, we never murdered him or beat the poo poo out of him or anything.

its not so weird when you think that you were an amtrak mechanic who never deployed.

we never murdered our shitbirds either. they just spent 5-7 months standing post, watching coc and doing every working party there was.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
dont bully people

I'm hoping my CO gets promoted out of our outfit this year. Nobody has any confidence in him over the many times he's embarrassed us. On a nato excersize he made our platoon sing the national anthem infront of every other participating group because it was our flag day.

That's okay. What isn't okay is him finding musicians who did the whole thing wrong and finding out halfway in that we're doing the entire song and not just shorter version that anyone sane does. (nobody knows the whole thing :( )

It was horrible.

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I must be bad at the military, because my method of dealing with the super awkward people who I don't like to work with is to not hang out with them after work hours. I guess I should start beating them with rakes or something instead.

HOOAH OORAH HOOYA

Do the Coast Guard have any dumb thing they yell?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
ya. only shitbags get hazed. so true. so true that one of the best jr sailors on my boat died because of hazing.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Thump! posted:

And all I had to do was join the Navy to sleep in a coffin.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Jesus gently caress, the converse is that you shouldn't get hazed _to death by suicide_ for being a shitbag. The guy was seriously broken, he wasn't just being a shitbag for shitbag's sake. I don't care how goddamn retarded or malformed you came out of mommy's crotch, if we're hazing you enough to drive you to suicide, the problem's probably more 'us' than 'you'.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
b-but my hallowed traditions and camaraderie :reddit:

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

we never murdered our shitbirds either. they just spent 5-7 months standing post, watching coc and doing every working party there was.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

:lol: Look at this guy.

vains
May 26, 2004

thetechnoloser posted:

Jesus gently caress, the converse is that you shouldn't get hazed _to death by suicide_ for being a shitbag. The guy was seriously broken, he wasn't just being a shitbag for shitbag's sake. I don't care how goddamn retarded or malformed you came out of mommy's crotch, if we're hazing you enough to drive you to suicide, the problem's probably more 'us' than 'you'.

thats easy to say from the sanity of america. please dont take this to mean: you weren't there, you dont know what its like man.

what is the case, for the uninformed, is being on a small pb in the middle of bfe, afghanistan is as close to lord of the flies as you can get. people tend to get weird. do poo poo they wouldnt do in a civilized place. the norms are different. on top of that, there is a ton of stress placed on them.

none of the above is to justify their actions but, merely, to observe that their perception of reality and right/wrong was more than a little skewed as a result of the conditions. they handled it poorly and their leaders didn't correct it before it got out of hand.

feel free to point out that you(in the general sense) lived in way worse conditions for way longer and you didnt murder anyone or that any number of people have done the same. .

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Back on track while sticking with the tangent. Semi-idiot story:

They stuck a boot engineer in my squad. The kid was absolutely clueless. Anyone ahead or behind him on patrol would have to look past him when glancing to make sure the patrol was still intact because this kid took weeks to learn the simple concept of "look places other than directly ahead of you". You'd shout his name in the dark and his little head would pop up out of the tall grass 10 yards off the route, "I'M HERE LANCE CORPORAL!"

Besides our corpsman and our usual compliment of four ANA, he was the only non-white kid in our patrol. I don't recall anyone ever calling him a spic or a beaner, and we never beat him with rocks, and I wouldn't have condoned it if anyone even suggested doing such a thing. We probably threatened to buttfuck him "during the next tactical pause if you don't shape the gently caress up", but that's just another way of saying "I see you're trying. I believe in you."

We never had to drag him out of bed or even so much as threaten him with hazing to get him to understand the importance of doing the job well. Physical "smoking"-style hazing is like pre-work-up gently caress-with-the-boots nonsense. Sure, I made guys dig. I dug too. Just like I had to dig while my team leader dug alongside me. Even if you don't agree with it, at the end of the day you still have a hole and sandbags. Someone's gotta do it.

Anyways. This adorable little fucker wound up back with his unit to kick off Marjah. Fucker got a CAR (combat action ribbon aka the highly-sought-after ribbon I lucked out of despite two pumps full of combat patrols).

Would we have stoned him or any of that other ridiculous poo poo if he had been a giant turd infantryman instead of an ignorant little try-hard engineer? No. Because gently caress all that physical exertion. We'd get him moved into the COC and/or permanent post and/or menial labor inside the wire and never let him forget that he's not one of us. He'd cry. He'd maybe get sassy and refuse to work. He'd maybe blow his brains out. And then we'd see how "we're going to buttfuck you during the next tactical pause if you don't shape the gently caress up" plays in court once his weeping family members have had their 15 minutes of fame sandwiched between commercials for life insurance and gold plated dollar coins.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Victor Vermis posted:

Back on track while sticking with the tangent. Semi-idiot story:

They stuck a boot engineer in my squad. The kid was absolutely clueless. Anyone ahead or behind him on patrol would have to look past him when glancing to make sure the patrol was still intact because this kid took weeks to learn the simple concept of "look places other than directly ahead of you". You'd shout his name in the dark and his little head would pop up out of the tall grass 10 yards off the route, "I'M HERE LANCE CORPORAL!"

Besides our corpsman and our usual compliment of four ANA, he was the only non-white kid in our patrol. I don't recall anyone ever calling him a spic or a beaner, and we never beat him with rocks, and I wouldn't have condoned it if anyone even suggested doing such a thing. We probably threatened to buttfuck him "during the next tactical pause if you don't shape the gently caress up", but that's just another way of saying "I see you're trying. I believe in you."

We never had to drag him out of bed or even so much as threaten him with hazing to get him to understand the importance of doing the job well. Physical "smoking"-style hazing is like pre-work-up gently caress-with-the-boots nonsense. Sure, I made guys dig. I dug too. Just like I had to dig while my team leader dug alongside me. Even if you don't agree with it, at the end of the day you still have a hole and sandbags. Someone's gotta do it.

Anyways. This adorable little fucker wound up back with his unit to kick off Marjah. Fucker got a CAR (combat action ribbon aka the highly-sought-after ribbon I lucked out of despite two pumps full of combat patrols).

Would we have stoned him or any of that other ridiculous poo poo if he had been a giant turd infantryman instead of an ignorant little try-hard engineer? No. Because gently caress all that physical exertion. We'd get him moved into the COC and/or permanent post and/or menial labor inside the wire and never let him forget that he's not one of us. He'd cry. He'd maybe get sassy and refuse to work. He'd maybe blow his brains out. And then we'd see how "we're going to buttfuck you during the next tactical pause if you don't shape the gently caress up" plays in court once his weeping family members have had their 15 minutes of fame sandwiched between commercials for life insurance and gold plated dollar coins.

lol yeah the bereaved are really playing it up for the media. What a bunch of whiners

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

lol yeah the bereaved are really playing it up for the media. What a bunch of whiners

Grieving family members tend to get a lot of media attention and disregard any qualities of the departed that might have contributed to their death. The family may also -irrationally- seek justice/vengeance regardless of whether or not any evidence supports their claims.

It's almost like they're heartbroken! Weird!

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

thats easy to say from the sanity of america. please dont take this to mean: you weren't there, you dont know what its like man.

what is the case, for the uninformed, is being on a small pb in the middle of bfe, afghanistan is as close to lord of the flies as you can get. people tend to get weird. do poo poo they wouldnt do in a civilized place. the norms are different. on top of that, there is a ton of stress placed on them.

yeah dude, it is lord of the flies, but you're supposed to save it for the detainees and terps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vains
May 26, 2004

Zeris posted:

yeah dude, it is lord of the flies, but you're supposed to save it for the detainees and terps

i dont disagree. hence, why i once threw a chair off a rooftop post instead of the shitbag that was sleeping in said chair.