Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Guy DeBorgore posted:

I look forward to the day when this innovative law enforcement strategy is applied to more dangerous situations, like an unarmed black person being pulled over for a traffic violation.

Unfortunately more than one law enforcement organization exists in the US, and not all of them agree on tactics. The FBI generally isn't the one shooting unarmed black people, and it's a safe bet these people would be facing a drastically different response if they were facing down, say, the NYPD.

Mystic_Shadow posted:

I think people are just mad that legal left-wing protests like Occupy Wall Street are taken down by force by local police, with students getting tazed and maced, while at the same time these right-wing assholes get to point weapons at federal officers / take over federal property and the response is "gee I guess we shouldn't do anything because it might lend credibility to their movement."

It's just funny seeing the government's response to protests movements depending on which side of the political spectrum the protesters stand on.

That's because those people lack anything more than a superficial sense of nuance, and are so busy rushing to a kneejerk response based on what they already believed to be the case that they miss crucial details. Can you really not think of any other differences between the two situations besides political alignment when you complain that OWS was evicted by local police from privately-owned property after two months, but these assholes have yet to face a major crackdown from federal agents after occupying federal land for four days? Clearly the only reason that the FBI isn't treating these guys out in the woods the same way the NYPD treats black people is because of skin color, there's no other possible reason that federal authorities aren't committing the same atrocities that totally unrelated law enforcement agencies have used in a few cherry-picked instances!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

CommieGIR posted:

Combos are the true flavor of Patriots. These guys are phonies.

And even then, only the Pizzeria Pretzel ones.

Maybe also the Buffalo Blue Cheese. :munch:

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Author claims to have a law degree ('of U of Oregon'), and yet writes like this:

quote:

With our powerful cameras, and ability to move unseen in the wilderness, we have found and documented your illegal hunts, your illegal traps and all sorts of illicit activities, and are constantly feeding that information to law enforcement, and we have finally got many of you poachers on the run and into jails. And I for one am a westerner sick to death of you welfare queens and cheats living off of BLM land, illegally gutting our wilderness and our wildlife...

Those of us who are international wildlife and nature photographers regularly face charging elephants, attacking lions and grizzlies, hidden crocodiles, massive storms, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, the hottest, coldest and windiest conditions, and all kinds of poisonous snakes and bugs in our work, and we know the outdoors and wilderness from desert to jungle to sea to mountain to tundra from pole to equator better then any poacher or criminal or yeehaw yokel ever will, and we are not afraid to protect it.

Possibly their punctuation was eaten by birds?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bring the snacks boys. ol' big gubmit is going down by the power of cheetos and skoal

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Anyone know the shower situation at this reserve? Tell me there is no shower and only 1 toilet. It's the Feds only hope

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Yessssss. If the feds aren't going to do anything about them, the least that can happen is a bunch of leftists trolling them.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I wish peta would troll me with free snacks

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
#tarpman planned ahead, brought ear warmers. This guy should have been the leader!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Gawker also sent them a care package.

The Last Last Love Song, A Biography of Joan Didion by Tracy Daughtry
Learn to Crochet kit
Two (2) packets of Annie’s Bunny Fruit Snacks (Berry Batch flavor)
A Frontier Fort by Scott Steedman
Ultimate Survival Guide for Kids
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Oregon Wine Country: A Great Destination by Sherry L. Moore and Jeff Welsch
Café Bustelo ground coffee
If You Were There When They Signed the Constitution by Elizabeth Levy
Four (4) tampons
Advil PM brand sleep mask
Two (2) packets of Fresh Direct trail mix
One (1) pack of Billy Boy XXXXXL condoms
One (1) pack of LifeStyles Skyn Intense Feel condoms
One (1) bottle of Advil PM Liqui-GELS
Three (3) lightly used AAA batteries
Four (4) lightly used AA batteries
The Book of Jezebel
One (1) pack glow rings

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Flavahbeast posted:

I wish peta would troll me with free snacks

Me too, but I imagine the snacks a peta member would hand out wouldn't be militiaman friendly

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Joementum posted:

This is beautiful.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Joementum posted:

The Last Last Love Song, A Biography of Joan Didion by Tracy Daughtry
Learn to Crochet kit
Two (2) packets of Annie’s Bunny Fruit Snacks (Berry Batch flavor)
A Frontier Fort by Scott Steedman
Ultimate Survival Guide for Kids
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Oregon Wine Country: A Great Destination by Sherry L. Moore and Jeff Welsch
Café Bustelo ground coffee
If You Were There When They Signed the Constitution by Elizabeth Levy
Four (4) tampons
Advil PM brand sleep mask
Two (2) packets of Fresh Direct trail mix
One (1) pack of Billy Boy XXXXXL condoms
One (1) pack of LifeStyles Skyn Intense Feel condoms
One (1) bottle of Advil PM Liqui-GELS
Three (3) lightly used AAA batteries
Four (4) lightly used AA batteries
The Book of Jezebel
One (1) pack glow rings

Critical: do we know if the militia have a working coffee machine?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Sheriff currently meeting with Burns residents. These reporters are tweeting it:

https://twitter.com/LesZaitz
https://twitter.com/IanKullgren

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Sheriff claiming militia guys slashed his wife's tires, and stalked his parents:

https://twitter.com/IanKullgren/status/684892429934170112

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

what is the context of this blue flag

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

LeoMarr posted:

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

LeoMarr posted:

dyslexic militiaman lays tarp for enemies

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You could close all the honeypots in one day. It would be an end and a beginning.

What does it mean to be an adult? To be free of magical thinking. E=MC^2 is a fundamental truth.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"Tarps don't talk, boy. Tarps just watch, and listen."

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Main Paineframe posted:

That's because those people lack anything more than a superficial sense of nuance, and are so busy rushing to a kneejerk response based on what they already believed to be the case that they miss crucial details. Can you really not think of any other differences between the two situations besides political alignment when you complain that OWS was evicted by local police from privately-owned property after two months, but these assholes have yet to face a major crackdown from federal agents after occupying federal land for four days? Clearly the only reason that the FBI isn't treating these guys out in the woods the same way the NYPD treats black people is because of skin color, there's no other possible reason that federal authorities aren't committing the same atrocities that totally unrelated law enforcement agencies have used in a few cherry-picked instances!

part of it might be that Occupy Wall Street didn't have Guns and say that They are Willing to Die for Their cause

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Bundy lives matter

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

loving :laffo:

He needs one of these to keep the aliens out

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Occupy inspired national-coordination of Law Enforcement within a week - because it could be so easily imitated and it was positve. If someone is homeless why is it a crime to sleep outdoors? Why is it a crime to serve food for free? Why don't we just have public cafeterias so no one is hungry in America?

This is an armed tantrum that supports good old capitalist 'anarchism'

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

dyslexic militiaman lays tarp for enemies

I laughed way, way harder than I should have at this.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Live streams of the meeting with the Sheriff

http://katu.com/live/event
http://koin.com/koin-video-extras/

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Best headline of 2016 less than one week in

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

From time to time the bird refuge of liberty must be watered with dip spit and cheeto dust.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Just turned on the stream but folks seem pretty pro militia?

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

If this had happened in September or October I'd have a great cheap Halloween costume.
Hell, maybe it'll still be going on then.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Ranchers are the ultimate environmentalists."

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

atomicthumbs posted:

part of it might be that Occupy Wall Street didn't have Guns and say that They are Willing to Die for Their cause

thankfully the FBI aren't goaded by the empty boasts of some random paranoic like your average goon

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

buttcoinbrony posted:

All the supplies in the world won't change the fact that these guys are idiots who not only showed up to a siege unprepared but also managed to piss off everyone else in their tiny community by billing this as a peaceful protest then taking over a government building. This sit in will implode on it's own, the absolute best move the government can make is to just wait it out.

The flaw in your starvation hypothesis is that they can just go and buy more snacks.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Vienna Circlejerk posted:

If this had happened in September or October I'd have a great cheap Halloween costume.
Hell, maybe it'll still be going on then.

As long as the snacks don't run out.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
By the way, under the tarp he's sitting in a lawn chair while inside a sleeping bag.

It's literally a blanket fort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Perhaps someone with military knowledge can answer this for me:

What is the tactical significance of hiding under a tarp?

• Locked thread