Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I seem to remember a 20% empower popping lvl2 when I reached around 91

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

theshim posted:

All I'm saying is that this loving Empower takes forever to level and I've got it at like 13% qual and in a Haku 6% weapon.

loving Empower :mad:

Yea, even at 20q + 6% Haku, leveling an Empower to 3 is 10% more xp than leveling a gem to 20 twice.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I just buy mine. gently caress leveling those gems past 2. If I don't get a +1 on the corrupt I guess I know where my currency is going.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Regarding MoM chat: when you do a spell casting build with Clear Mind (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Clear_Mind) you will have tons of excess mana for running a raw MoM.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Is there a spell-based build out there that uses mana but doesnt reserve any? I've always viewed clear mind as a blood magic jewel.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

TheRat posted:

Is there a spell-based build out there that uses mana but doesnt reserve any? I've always viewed clear mind as a blood magic jewel.

Mines :D

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

You don't run a defensive aura or two? Grace/AA?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I've seen you link mines videos and if there's one thing those desperately need its about 3 instances of lvl25 clarity.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Cinara posted:

Well technically no. If you're just leveling gems and don't care about your own exp you want to do whatever would be the highest raw XP per hour ignoring the level penalty. Gems gain 10% of the exp you would get before any level penalty is applied. This often means whatever gets you the most xp, but also means even if you are very high level you can annihilate a zone like Dried Lake incredibly fast and get great gem XP even though you're getting nearly zero yourself.

Ahhah, okay, good to know.

One other question, am I just dumb or did they change CWDT-Arctic Armor in 2.1? CWDT's gem level requirement matches my AA gem but it's just never casting. It casts my Chaos Golem a dozen times over but never casts AA. Do I need to have enough mana unreserved to cast AA like it was self-cast or something?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Vasudus posted:

You don't run a defensive aura or two? Grace/AA?

Each mine is like 500 mana.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Ahhah, okay, good to know.

One other question, am I just dumb or did they change CWDT-Arctic Armor in 2.1? CWDT's gem level requirement matches my AA gem but it's just never casting. It casts my Chaos Golem a dozen times over but never casts AA. Do I need to have enough mana unreserved to cast AA like it was self-cast or something?

AA is a fixed reservation toggle now, not a constant drain. And toggles don't work with CWDT.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Kild posted:

Each mine is like 500 mana.

could run multiple vaal clarities, perhaps

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheRat posted:

It seems to me that Mind over Matter + Clear Mind + Blood Magic linked Clarity would potentially be good.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

How is this game now? Last time I really played was some time in 2013. It was a lot of fun then but im wondering how much has been added /changed since then?

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Zotix posted:

How is this game now? Last time I really played was some time in 2013. It was a lot of fun then but im wondering how much has been added /changed since then?

Tons and tons. If I had one complaint, it's that the gamespace is too big to entirely contain in my head now. Like with Diablo 2, it had tons of stuff but was small enough to fit the entirety into your mind, so if someone said "Oh, here's a new wacky build using A, B, and C" you could immediately see how / why it might work. There's just so much stuff in PoE now with so many mechanisms intertwining that it's difficult to conceive of the entire possibility space.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My only real complaint with PoE now is that drop rates still suck but I guess Magic Find builds are also extremely popular, except I don't usually use my stash for gear on purpose, and I don't trade often because I'm a self find weirdo. But its better to get no uniques than a million Wanderlusts and Last Resorts I guess.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

TheRat posted:

yeah a few days ago some guy on reddit posted his poison fireball build with clear mind and MoM, he cleared uber with it

tho he did have some pretty expensive gear imo

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I've seen people use Soul Mantle triple totem builds with no mana reservation or regeneration, and recovering their mana with long duration curse immunity mana flasks.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's time for me to think about making a Mjolnir build. I don't want to do a Volls based build, probably double Arc. Recommend me some builds or gear or whatever.

J
Jun 10, 2001

Vasudus posted:

It's time for me to think about making a Mjolnir build. I don't want to do a Volls based build, probably double Arc. Recommend me some builds or gear or whatever.

I've been wondering the same thing. All the non-voll's pieces are pretty affordable, but every mjolnir build I've looked at all use voll's. Even the "budget" ones that don't, still ultimately get better with it. I haven't yet found a build that I really liked the looks of, but I've also never tried mjolnir at all before.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Vasudus posted:

Double Arc Mjolner is painful against bosses, your dps will be completely horrible. Pretty sure even without Voll's you want to do Discharge + Arc. While looking for info for my build I found this though, which is likely what you're looking for.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1537031

Voll's doubles your damage and makes CWDT Immortal Call better, also allows the use of Kingsguard, but it isn't required to make Discharge worth using. Romira's is super cheap and is the only required part, along with Mjolner of course.

I am currently setting up a Mjolner character on Talisman, but I am doing lowlife with Voll's. Just got my 8th card today and have to pick up a few more pieces and get an alt to act4 at level 20 for the turn in, but I am super excited!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Serious question, has anyone tried swapping to storm call on Mjolner against bosses or tough rares? Surely having a spare L19+ Storm call on a spare slot, or a Mjolner on weapon swap, is faster than waiting for the boss to pick up the deadhand talisman.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Level 20 Storm Call average damage is 487, Arc is 466.5, barely any difference.

Discharge is 308.5 per power charge, and with non-legacy Mjolner you trigger average over than 3 charges each time, often max charges as your Arc/Discharge will generate charges also.

EDIT: Arc also shocks if you have quality, which you won't be getting easily otherwise as non-crit.

Cinara fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Jan 8, 2016

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1555700/page/1/#p12503410

The giant Q&A is up.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

quote:

Vaal Spark is being adjusted in the Ascendancy expansion.

RIP.

quote:

(One thing that bothers me is the quantity of stacked items. It is ridiculous, for example, you can only stack 10 chaos or 10 alchs… That takes a big part of the stash, that is already tiny, when you have a lot of those items. Maybe your intention is to force players to buy more stash tabs. I would like to know if is there any possibility to increase the maximum limit of the stacked items.)

This is a good point. It's something we have discussed internally recently. We are looking at other options for more convenient storage of currency items.

yessss

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Wait since when was Mjolner only ~1ex?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Infinite Monkeys posted:

since its drop rate went up and it got nerfed

J
Jun 10, 2001

Infinite Monkeys posted:

Quite a while ago mjolner got nerfed, then a while later they quadrupled the drop rate of all the rarest items in the game. Plus the most expensive piece of a mjolner build was the voll's devotion neck, and people found out that cast on crit cyclone is a better way to use that neck to fuel discharge than a mjolner. So basically, supply went up and demand went down.

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Oh I didn't hear about the quadrupling thing. Might have to convert my CoC discharger to Mjolner, always wanted to give it a try. Don't have a Voll's so that part doesn't matter.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I dont think I can stress this enough, but gently caress the malachai fight. gently caress it hard.

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Frogmanv2 posted:

I dont think I can stress this enough, but gently caress the malachai fight. gently caress it hard.

It was even better at launch.

nearly killed em!
Aug 5, 2011

I played through act 4 with some random party for the first time after dozens of Malachai kills. People are really loving bad at dodging anything. Piety lasers, Malachai punches, anything and everything was being tanked. The party started at Daresso with 6 and by the time we finished Malachai like 5 people had ripped. I was shocked. I'm doing level 40 low-life lightning tendrils and a bunch of people not doing dumb poo poo are dropping around me.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

bakka bakka posted:

I played through act 4 with some random party for the first time after dozens of Malachai kills. People are really loving bad at dodging anything. Piety lasers, Malachai punches, anything and everything was being tanked. The party started at Daresso with 6 and by the time we finished Malachai like 5 people had ripped. I was shocked. I'm doing level 40 low-life lightning tendrils and a bunch of people not doing dumb poo poo are dropping around me.

Im well versed in the mystic video game arts of "dont stand in poo poo on the ground" and "avoid telegraphed moves" but that fight can honestly suck it.

I dont know if its just me, but an add usually seemed to pop up just as I was about to click to move away and then I eat a move and then he drops on of those explody patterns and then im dead.

In brighter news, the new currency trade page on poe.trade is awesome. Im having a lot more successful trades now im ticking the "online" option.

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Jan 8, 2016

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

For the love of god unbind attack from left click and bind it to force move.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
First thing to do after you socket your first skill gem on a new character.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

TheRat posted:

For the love of god unbind attack from left click and bind it to force move.

Oh wow dont I feel like a moron right now. Didnt even realise that was an option.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I still can't work out how to not stumble onto malachai's landmines

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!

Phobophilia posted:

I still can't work out how to not stumble onto malachai's landmines

GGG gave them an visual upgrade some time ago and you can actually see them stand out in the red soup if you know what to look for. I felt really stupid when I noticed them for the first time. They're really easy to avoid :downs:

Burno
Aug 6, 2012

Milking Vaal Spark so hard on talisman right now leveling gems and getting currency.

Its so crazy how different it is from any other build in terms of pacing.

I figure I have a few more weeks of sparkin' then I'll just resell all the bits and switch over to my new chaos damage character I am working on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Hamburger Test posted:

First thing to do after you socket your first skill gem on a new character.

Nope it's literally the first thing I do on any new char

• Locked thread