Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BottleKnight posted:

2DS, New 3DS XL or used original 3DS?

Either way my game suggestions are any of the Zelda games (Ocarina remake, Majora's remake (best choice), link between worlds), Fire Emblem: Awakening, Phoenix Wright: Duel Destinies, Mario Kart 7, and the game that singlehandedly convinced me to buy a 3DS, Super Mario 3D Land.

You can trust me, Opop, I'm the former OP of the Games 3DS thread. I'm a professional.

I think it's the old XL. I got the sweet Zelda version off a guy on facebook. Also a bunch of games, including Majora which I will defintiely play first as it's a favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

I hit 1001% percent a week or two ago.

Have fun with Keeper, followed by finding Mega!

I just burned through all my leftover Eden tokens until I started with Mega! and then got it twice going through 45ish tokens (zero Sworn Protectors though, I had to sharp plug + D6 cheese an angel room for it). I still haven't seen Mega spawn in a Devil Room.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Opopanax posted:

I think it's the old XL. I got the sweet Zelda version off a guy on facebook. Also a bunch of games, including Majora which I will defintiely play first as it's a favorite

That's a regular 3DS, but deffo a cool one.

Phoenix Wright is download only, so if you're gonna take a trip to the eShop I'd definitely go for it!

Unless you don't like anime. Do you like anime, Opopanax?

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Power of Pecota posted:

I just burned through all my leftover Eden tokens until I started with Mega! and then got it twice going through 45ish tokens (zero Sworn Protectors though, I had to sharp plug + D6 cheese an angel room for it). I still haven't seen Mega spawn in a Devil Room.

I cheesed Krampus by killing him repeatedly as Isaac with the D6, and then rerolling approximately 35 empty Krampus Heads to get Mega.

Sworn Protector came up via Chaos/Blank Card/2 of Diamonds for Greed Mode.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

but they don't need to know that before the flip

I'm nice to my players and don't like to spring that kind of surprise on them.

It's also why I say that scum have fake flavourclaims, but not fakeclaims.

People shouldn't have to consider the mod and what inclinations they may have when they are playing the game.

That whole conversation we all had about who likes and hates cops was ultimately bad, since now I try to think about that in games.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Asiina posted:

People shouldn't have to consider the mod and what inclinations they may have when they are playing the game.

N0 deaths are pretty much a "Sorry, I had one too many players in this game" lottery.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

BottleKnight posted:

That's a regular 3DS, but deffo a cool one.

Phoenix Wright is download only, so if you're gonna take a trip to the eShop I'd definitely go for it!

Unless you don't like anime. Do you like anime, Opopanax?

I don't like anime, but I do like PW. I really want the PW vs Prof. Layton game

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I'm nice to my players and don't like to spring that kind of surprise on them.

It's also why I say that scum have fake flavourclaims, but not fakeclaims.

That whole conversation we all had about who likes and hates cops was ultimately bad, since now I try to think about that in games.

I think you are way overthinking this, many games have existed without a night 0 flip going back to the begining of mafia, and I don't think its ever caused anyone any issues. People don't need that much coddling.

I think providing the vanilla win condition is important so that claiming that cannot be used to confirm someone as town but providing an example flip doesn't solve any problem with that regard. Flips should be clear enough on their own that they do not need an example to compare to.

Its not neccesary or polite to provide a N0 example flip, it is just a thing, mostly for flavor: the motivation for why we are now killing each other essentially.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

N0 deaths are pretty much a "Sorry, I had one too many players in this game" lottery.

shes not talking about a real n0 death, shes talking about how a mod will randomly flip a player that didn't sign up for the game in the first post

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

JakeP posted:

shes not talking about a real n0 death, shes talking about how a mod will randomly flip a player that didn't sign up for the game in the first post

Just use it as a brief memorial for Mafia players who are no longer with us.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 27, 2020

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

I think you are way overthinking this, many games have existed without a night 0 flip going back to the begining of mafia, and I don't think its ever caused anyone any issues. People don't need that much coddling.

I think providing the vanilla win condition is important so that claiming that cannot be used to confirm someone as town but providing an example flip doesn't solve any problem with that regard. Flips should be clear enough on their own that they do not need an example to compare to.

Its not neccesary or polite to provide a N0 example flip, it is just a thing, mostly for flavor: the motivation for why we are now killing each other essentially.

Flips are clear, but I think there's enough variation in style that it's nice to know in advance how much information you're going to get from a flip.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Asiina posted:

Flips are clear, but I think there's enough variation in style that it's nice to know in advance how much information you're going to get from a flip.

If your flips are providing more than "This person died and they were this" that's probably not a good setup

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm thinking more of examples where you get less information.

I think it was CS:GO where you didn't get anything that told you what their role was, and it ended up being a big problem cause you couldn't confirm anything even after someone died.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Somberbrero posted:

Epsilon, did I read that you are playing Netrunner? That is neat, we should play on Jinteki.net sometime.

I'm really lovely but I really like it. Some friends and I occasionally play through Tabletop Simulator; I'd rather switch over to Jinteki but one of my friends says it's not so great (easy to misclick and bone yourself). If you add me on Steam or AIM or something we might be able to arrange times.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I started playing Netrunner a few months ago, just picked up a few packs over the Christmas break. Unfortunately I moved away from the guy I was playing it with and haven't gotten any of my other buddies into it.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Opop if you like the Paper Mario series you should definitely play Sticker Star it is excellent.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I actually just got a coworker into Netrunner, too!

Bought the core set today. Might get him and his girlfriend to play Imperial Assault with me, maybe.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Poison Mushroom posted:

I actually just got a coworker into Netrunner, too!

Bought the core set today. Might get him and his girlfriend to play Imperial Assault with me, maybe.

Fun fact: I have taught five people to play Netrunner, and each time I've hosed up the rule where the corp pays for each piece of ICE on the server when installing ICE, only realizing my mistake when I have like 12 ICE on the table and 20-odd credits. I am a dummy.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Amoeba102 posted:

If you want to book a fancy dinner and know your dates, I'd suggest Aria (next to Opera House), Bennelong (in Opera House), or Sepia (near Darling Harbour). Expensive places but I've always felt they were worth it. There's also Quay, but that place is always booked out afaik.

wtf is this a Mills alt account?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I hit 1001% percent a week or two ago.

Have fun with Keeper, followed by finding Mega!

:smith: Don't forget the afterbirth challenges.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Birdstrike posted:

wtf is this a Mills alt account?
Quay wouldn't be booked out for Mills

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

the old orignal. I have this 3ds :3:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Opop if you like the Paper Mario series you should definitely play Sticker Star it is excellent.

don't listen to anarc

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Opop just get Persona Q and enjoy not playing anything else for a while

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop

JakeP posted:

Again like I said n0 deaths are completely unnecessary
The purpose of the N0 flip is to provide a narrative moral justification for a community of otherwise peaceful people to start lynching dudes in collective self-defense.

Don't start no poo poo, won't be no poo poo. N0 is the night when Scum start poo poo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Lumpen posted:

The purpose of the N0 flip is to provide a narrative moral justification for a community of otherwise peaceful people to start lynching dudes in collective self-defense.

Don't start no poo poo, won't be no poo poo. N0 is the night when Scum start poo poo.

This is correct.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Don't we have a newgame&discussion thread for mafia theory

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

If you're objecting to actual mafia related content in this thread then I'll PM ettin right now and have him move us to the chat crew thread

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BabeLiker90 posted:

If you're objecting to actual mafia related content in this thread then I'll PM ettin right now and have him move us to the chat crew thread

:razz:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Asiina posted:

I think it was CS:GO where you didn't get anything that told you what their role was, and it ended up being a big problem cause you couldn't confirm anything even after someone died.

sounds like the solution to that is fix the flips not provide an example that shows that the flips are poo poo

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Asiina posted:

I think you're right but I can't remember at this point :D

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Lumpen posted:

and yeah I point that out in one of my posts, its a flavor thing. In reality though its a mafia game, we know why we are in the game. Lack of a N0 flip doesn't affect the actual game at all, it only helps to make the story of the game make sense. I know some people love their flavor and all but really the flavor has no affect on the game itself, some people just enjoy flavorful games more than others, and some people are indifferent to the flavor and just play the game for what it is

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Poison Mushroom, Town Decoy, was killed N0 by ridiculous pedantry!

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i agree thats why i pointed out for the poor soul who was struggling with it that he needn't worry about it

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Amoeba102 posted:

If you want to book a fancy dinner and know your dates, I'd suggest Aria (next to Opera House), Bennelong (in Opera House), or Sepia (near Darling Harbour). Expensive places but I've always felt they were worth it. There's also Quay, but that place is always booked out afaik.

I know all of these places because I watch a lot of Masterchef Australia, and would recommend them. If I ever went to Australia I would eat at some of these places.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I want a Bloomin' Onion made of other, smaller Bloomin' Onions.

A Bloomin' Fractal, if you will.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I looked at the menu at Aria and the 4-course is $160 AUD :wtc:

That'll run ~$220 US for the two of us

Is tipping a thing in Australia?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
mafia thread I have managed to convince my boss to give a week and a half vacation and just leave our new employee to struggle next month and I am very excited to travel :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kashuno posted:

mafia thread I have managed to convince my boss to give a week and a half vacation and just leave our new employee to struggle next month and I am very excited to travel :toot:

Vacation buddies :grin:

My boss just recently gave me a raise and a supplementary income for doing some social networking for the company, too. It's a good day.