Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Murderess is the name a party member goes by. Her first mission's found in the lower level of the administrative district, towards the back of one of the hangars. You need to have Irina in your party and you can't have more than 3 people in your party to start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I've only done Murderess' recruitment mission but it's by far the stupidest and most nonsensical thing I've seen in this game. Which says a lot.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Speaking of character interaction I stuck Hope and Phog in my party together, she keeps asking him what's wrong, are you ill, and he keeps going "Oh...that's just my face... sorry"

I like Alexa & Frye ribbing each other about the skells and drinking too

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Is it by design that you cannot fast travel between segments of the city, or from the outside world into the city? The map zoom in to show the fast travel points only seems to work when youre already inside New LA.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You can totally fast travel in the city whenever you want

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Meme Emulator posted:

Is it by design that you cannot fast travel between segments of the city, or from the outside world into the city? The map zoom in to show the fast travel points only seems to work when youre already inside New LA.

You can, just tap the upper left icon on the touch screen and then tap whichever city district you want to go to.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

I'm pretty sure Murderess is some kind of joke character, and treating her that way make me like her a lot more

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Apparently Murderess' affinity missions culminate in you clearing her name from some killings someone framed her for doing? Except she is actually constantly backstabbing and murdering people all the time? So what's the game's justification for doing that?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Turns out everyone she murdered was a doppelganger dominatrix.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's entirely possible to have Nagi in your party when she loudly betrays you over a handful of credits too. There's just ... no words

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

You guys are being too hard on her. She used to be rich when she was a little girl, but then she was poor :(

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Nopon can ride in skells. Tatsu is in Lin's skell constantly pressing buttons. I'm not even joking.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

greatn posted:

Turns out everyone she murdered was a doppelganger dominatrix.

That would've been a good twist to her story, I wish they'd gone with that.

About aliens as party members, the dumbest thing for me is there are all these alien races you can befriend over the course of the game, but neither of the alien party members you get belong to them? L's supposed to be a Miran native, where the hell are the rest of his people? What even is Celica's deal, I have no idea.

They just invented these characters so they could have aliens in the party without having to deal with making the armour work on non-human-shaped models, didn't they? :sigh: At least L is more fun and likeable than most of the other party members combined

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

So I found an Intergalactic Phoenix with an ATK of 7496 and an Intergalactic G-buster with an ATK of 35000. Are those what I should be looking for? I got them in like two minutes of fighting the Puges in Sylvalum so I want to make sure I just got lucky and got the right ones really quickly.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Ometeotl posted:

So I found an Intergalactic Phoenix with an ATK of 7496 and an Intergalactic G-buster with an ATK of 35000. Are those what I should be looking for? I got them in like two minutes of fighting the Puges in Sylvalum so I want to make sure I just got lucky and got the right ones really quickly.

yeah that's what you want

Pheonix should release a fireball that surrounds your mech and a G buster should be a huge sword.

Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Ometeotl posted:

Those are the ones you want, but you got the 440 and 140 versions respectively. The 440GG Pheonix will speed up your farming on the Puge's IMMENSELY so start using it ASAP. If you want to keep going/can stand to keep going they drop better versions of both which are the 450 with 9k damage and 150 with 42k damage respectively.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Got 'em. That was the easiest grinding I've ever done.

Grinding them for the right built in augments? Shut up I can't hear you LALALALALALA

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Suaimhneas posted:

That would've been a good twist to her story, I wish they'd gone with that.

About aliens as party members, the dumbest thing for me is there are all these alien races you can befriend over the course of the game, but neither of the alien party members you get belong to them? L's supposed to be a Miran native, where the hell are the rest of his people? What even is Celica's deal, I have no idea.

They just invented these characters so they could have aliens in the party without having to deal with making the armour work on non-human-shaped models, didn't they? :sigh: At least L is more fun and likeable than most of the other party members combined

Hopefully they make a direct sequel that delves into the nature of L (who is totally meant to be Lucifer) and Mira (which I hope isn't but most likely is a stand in for purgatory)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"You're a BLADE now, go fight some monsters."

"Oh, did you say immediately go to the private BLADE mall and go try on clothes? Sure."

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Calaveron posted:

Hopefully they make a direct sequel that delves into the nature of L (who is totally meant to be Lucifer) and Mira (which I hope isn't but most likely is a stand in for purgatory)

If it was a stand-in for purgatory, Lao would have gone to heaven after redeeming himself instead of waking up on the shores, at least if you go with most 'they're stuck in purgatory' narratives. Maybe Mira is some artificial reality created by the aliens that destroyed Earth and they wanted to preserve the remains of humanity and the Ganglion they destroyed. Maybe it's a sentient world and L is its ambassador. I have no idea.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Casual Friday at BLADE HQ

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So what do I need to do to not have that one guy die in the tree clan rescue mission

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Calaveron posted:

So what do I need to do to not have that one guy die in the tree clan rescue mission

Rescue the guy who's getting mauled by the ape last. Rescue the two other guys and one of them wil tell you that you have to use this herb to quiet the ape.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
What you need is Kepha Holly, a collectible from the south coastal region of Oblivia. And yes it can spawn in the treasure cave.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think you also have to have rescued the one guy first who tells you the one herb discovered by a Prone Simias hate it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

greatn posted:

I think you also have to have rescued the one guy first who tells you the one herb discovered by a Prone Simias hate it.

I don't think so, since I went to the simias guy first and had that option. I picked the wrong one because I thought the herb would just make the situation worse and I also thought the tree clan guy might be able to on the spot tame the simias :(.

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

bloodychill posted:

If it was a stand-in for purgatory, Lao would have gone to heaven after redeeming himself instead of waking up on the shores, at least if you go with most 'they're stuck in purgatory' narratives. Maybe Mira is some artificial reality created by the aliens that destroyed Earth and they wanted to preserve the remains of humanity and the Ganglion they destroyed. Maybe it's a sentient world and L is its ambassador. I have no idea.

Plot twist: Humanity is trapped in an MMO something something malevolent demiurge

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

bloodychill posted:

The real reveal is that Mira is really Riverworld :tinfoil:.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

"Alright, all I have to do is find these Pathfinders."

Immediately runs into a level 81 tyrant outside the gate.

I guess the real Xenoblade begins here.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

chumbler posted:

I don't think so, since I went to the simias guy first and had that option. I picked the wrong one because I thought the herb would just make the situation worse and I also thought the tree clan guy might be able to on the spot tame the simias :(.

Yeah for you without that context that option must have read:

A)Watch and see if the nature connected good guy can soothe the beast

B) Throw some poo poo at it like a god drat moron

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Why is it that sometimes while fighting in a skell the camera changes to a shot of you sitting inside the skell?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Why is it that sometimes while fighting in a skell the camera changes to a shot of you sitting inside the skell?

It's basically the Skell equivalent of a Critical Hit. Cockpit Mode resets all your cooldowns.

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
A friend explained this as PSO but even more anime and hyped up the online component. Turns out it is more single player than we thought and the idea of running around in this map together in coop was a dumb pipe dream. Is there going to be more extensive online content in the pipeline or that the nemesis battle are coop only or am I SOL? I'm not really a JRPG person.

For someone who generally never plays these things, it is pretty fun. I don't have a skell yet but the ground combat feels pretty solid. Been playing as a lightening based astral crusader abusing speed demon.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So if you happen to have your PC drop and and the rest of the party finish a victory condition at the same time, it appears that the game locks up.

I can't return to a landmark or dismiss the victory pop up. None of the gamepad buttons do anything.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Chaltab posted:

So if you happen to have your PC drop and and the rest of the party finish a victory condition at the same time, it appears that the game locks up.

I can't return to a landmark or dismiss the victory pop up. None of the gamepad buttons do anything.

Well, that's a lovely and repeatable situation. They should have caught that one.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
To be fair, it has happened to me once in 60 hours of playing, so I could see it slipping through.

...But dammit. I lost three hours of affinity grinding with Doug and the completion of the Dieter the Epicurean bounty.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
They also should have caught the decent chance of the Affinity Chart not being exitable but hey here we are.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
The location where you grind Phoenixes and G-Busters (Badr Basin) is also useful if you want a quick way to break appendages ASAP for the purpose of endgame enemy material grinding: one specific type of M-Missile (SSM-XXR140ME) automatically targets all appendages on whatever enemy you're fighting and if you grind an Intergalactic one with a Custom WP-MSL-MAG III trait on it, you can upgrade it to essentially double the listed amount of missiles fired and you can equip 2 of them at the same time. Add 3 Crush.APPEND XX augments to each one and you can break appendages ridiculously quickly with them without having to bother to circle around the enemy.

There are also stronger 150/160 versions, but those come from Judge Pugliths and the only location with lots of them is the cave north of 505 (where most of Definian Downfall takes place), you can't take a Skell there and they're spread all over the room with tons of other enemies you can't avoid so do that only if you're OCD enough to want the best possible version of the weapon.

For more info on this method, see http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/701151-xenoblade-chronicles-x/73104108

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
Just did Alexa's first affinity mission, and now I can't find her to add her to party - she's not outside the hangar (where the map says she is). Anyone know where she moves to? Unlikely to be a h2h, I have one heart with her.

e; nope, turns out it's because she's already in my party :saddowns:

Murodese fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jan 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

So uh, I am a big fan of the original Xenogears game, and played about half of Xenosaga maybe 10 years before I got bored with it. I have both a Wii U and a New 3DS, so I could play either the original Xenoblade Chronicles on, say, my 3DS or just go straight to playing Xenoblade Chronicles X on my Wii U - which strikes me as the more appealing option.

But again, I haven't played many modern JRPGs besides handheld ones on the DS/3DS, and I am a bit intimidated by this game. poo poo, I haven't even played much MMORPGs, but I really like the idea of one that's effectively single player. I like the idea of building Mechs. I like long and involved JRPGs, too. Should I go for this? Is it that good?

• Locked thread