Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Wow, can you imagine if these sheltered people saw an SA forums post? They'd start a class action against FYAD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:
That family is going to break up because of american Idol. Please please vplease pleaseplease pleaseplease pleasevvv pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

mdm posted:

dumb fuckin millennials they can't even take their risperdal without getting gynecomastia

why'd you get schizophrenia at 12 then ya dumb millennial

Unironically the reason I haven't gotten laid.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

KiteAuraan posted:

Post your bitch tits

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Glowku posted:

That family is going to break up because of american Idol. Please please vplease pleaseplease pleaseplease pleasevvv pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Yeah but then they're going to get a show depicting the whole thing and become even more insufferable

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Millennial.jpg

quote:

Suns' Robert Sarver blames team's woes on Markieff Morris, culture

Owner Robert Sarver, while saying the blame for his Phoenix Suns' struggles extends throughout the organization, has linked their challenges more broadly to "millennial culture," with forward Markieff Morris serving as a prime example.

In an interview with The Arizona Republic, Sarver questioned whether Morris, 26, wasn't meeting expectations this season because of what the owner thought could be trouble that his generation has with handling problems.

"I'm not sure it's just the NBA," Sarver said, when reached by The Republic via phone, regarding personality clashing and dysfunction within locker rooms. "My whole view of the millennial culture is that they have a tough time dealing with setbacks, and Markieff Morris is the perfect example. He had a setback with his brother in the offseason, and he can't seem to recover from it."

Morris' 2015 was beset with issues on and off the court, most recently a two-game suspension levied late last month by the Suns after he threw a towel at coach Jeff Hornacek during a game. The suspension cost Morris $145,455.

Morris, averaging 10.5 points, 4.7 rebounds and 23.4 minutes in 23 games this season, has been angling for a trade since the offseason after his brother, Marcus Morris, was traded to the Detroit Pistons. Fined $10,000 by the league for a public trade demand, Markieff Morris has also been involved, along with his brother, in an apparently ongoing aggravated assault case stemming from an alleged incident at a Phoenix recreation center in January 2015. They entered not-guilty pleas to felony charges in May.

"I'm not sure if it's the technology or the instant gratification of being online," Sarver said. "But the other thing is, I'm not a fan of social media. I tell my kids it's like Fantasyland. The only thing people put online are good things that happen to them, or things they make up. And it creates unrealistic expectations.

"We've had a number of setbacks this year that have taken their toll on us, and we haven't been resilient. Therefore, it's up to our entire organization to step up their game."

That organization still includes Hornacek, after the Suns said last week they would be keeping him after reportedly considering his ouster. They instead promoted Earl Watson and Nate Bjorkgren to the bench to work closer to Hornacek and dismissed veteran assistants Mike Longabardi and Jerry Sichting.

"The reality is, there's only a half-dozen championship-caliber organizations in the NBA over the last 25 years," Sarver said. "My job is to find the right people and the right culture to eventually be one of those organizations, and it starts with me. I'm not shirking responsibility."

Since opening 7-5, the Suns have lost 20 of 25 games and stand 14th in the 15-team Western Conference at 12-25.

"The blame is to be shared from the top down," Sarver said. "Our leadership needs to communicate better. It needs to provide a better culture that provides for more accountability and more motivation. We have a lot of good, young players. They need to be playing hard, aggressively and on the same page whether we win or lose. That's what I expect going forward."

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

notZaar posted:

Wow, can you imagine if these sheltered people saw an SA forums post? They'd start a class action against FYAD.

Didn't that happen once? The 'your poison womb is making heaven too crowded' incident?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

IncredibleIgloo posted:

I am unsure why you would expect everyone to know that an event titled "Dashcon" would be related to Tumblr?

Because it had a thread that was extremely popular in this here forum?

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

The American Dream posted:

He's from my city. He was at the mall a couple years ago and there had to be 300 people mobbing him in one of the big open areas.

I wonder how many of them he raped that afternoon.

Bit late but isn't that the american dream? :cosby:

sounds like a proud success to me

also jfc the teen roast guy singing badly and going all 'i love you guys' to the audience to try and cover every time his voice broke :negative:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

notZaar posted:

Well I'm still collecting signatures for a class action vs fyad for spoiling Star Wars, pm me for details

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

notZaar posted:

Prosecutor - "Now sir, do you see the accused in this court-room?"
Goon - *points*
Prosecutor - "Your honor, let the record show that the defendant pointed at Ms. Jacklyn Mackie Paisely-Passey."
Prosecutor - "Now sir, I put it to you, is this woman not a quality woman?"
Goon - "Uhh, your judgeness? If I could just show you these rare Pep..."
Prosecutor - "MOTION TO TREAT THIS WITNESS AS HOSTILE!"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just basically stopped having friends because they were all millenials.

All the conversations would always turn to how somebody online offended them and then even doing things together became a chore because nobody would put away their phones. Also going out to eat was mostly just going to Whole Foods because nobody could agree what was safe to eat/ which corporation was less evil. The girls were a bunch of powder kegs who would go off at anything and the guys would do nothing but whine, the only activity they seemed to enjoy mutally was getting tattoos. But I had no intrest in ever getting a tattoo so I would just sit and wait as people in the tattoo parlor discussed topics like 50% of babies being born are really transexual.

Whatever happened to the normal people? The workforce has shrunk so much in all fields it's not like they have jobs or something.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Facebook is the real problem

JHUGAMEDAY
Oct 21, 2008

Superior Bastard posted:

Conner O'Malley. What a smug looking douche.

This guy is hilarious and very nice in real life.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByBhwrwp5Kg

Famous millennial Dodger is getting married, boyfriend of course proposed via a text adventure game

I thought I had a chance but I spent too much time on the SA forums

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Don Tacorleone posted:

Famous millennial Dodger is getting married, boyfriend of course proposed via a text adventure game

they both seem happy helathy and fit so of course goons gonna try to hate

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Don Tacorleone posted:

Eh, it'll last like 2 years most and then she'll bang someone else because of a line of super thirsty nerds all waiting behind the scenes.

EDIT: Just clicked the video. What do these people talk about for an hour and eighteen minutes? Holy poo poo.

Haier fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 9, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Haier posted:

Eh, it'll last like 2 years most and then she'll bang someone else because of a line of super thirsty nerds all waiting behind the scenes.

EDIT: Just clicked the video. What do these people talk about for an hour and eighteen minutes? Holy poo poo.

I made it 1 min so annoying

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

oh for sure, i watched a total of less than 20 seconds. But thats just because other peoples happiness makes me sick, nothing against them really.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

KoRMaK posted:

oh for sure, i watched a total of less than 20 seconds. But thats just because other peoples happiness makes me sick, nothing against them really.

:yeah:

Superior Bastard
Jun 5, 2004

I wanna be on you.

JHUGAMEDAY posted:

This guy is hilarious and very nice in real life.

If only all comedians could be this way. I'm looking at you Chris D'Elia!

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

GO TEAM VENTURE

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
my child's name will be Jerry Purpdrank

Evilpiggie
Feb 22, 2009

The Taint Reaper posted:

All the conversations would always turn to how somebody online offended them and then even doing things together became a chore because nobody would put away their phones. Also going out to eat was mostly just going to Whole Foods because nobody could agree what was safe to eat/ which corporation was less evil. The girls were a bunch of powder kegs who would go off at anything and the guys would do nothing but whine, the only activity they seemed to enjoy mutally was getting tattoos. But I had no intrest in ever getting a tattoo so I would just sit and wait as people in the tattoo parlor discussed topics like 50% of babies being born are really transexual.

Whatever happened to the normal people? The workforce has shrunk so much in all fields it's not like they have jobs or something.

Move to Northern Canada. Their weak frail bodies don't make it in the cold.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

The Taint Reaper posted:

That's hosed

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

No one said Slim Jesus?

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

KiteAuraan posted:

have you checked into those class action settlements for a sweet payout?

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax
Purestrain Millenial.jpg: Getting cucked by your own dad and posting updates about it:

https://imgur.com/a/hlOyr

I really really hope there's a follow up.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
there are pictures of text and everything so it definitely happened

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Zzulu posted:

there are pictures of text and everything so it definitely happened

Cool.

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

The Taint Reaper posted:

:wth:

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
are life hacks a millennial thing because they sure save me a lot of time :thumbsup:

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

mdm posted:

have you checked into those class action settlements for a sweet payout?

Yeah, fuckers told me that it was too long ago for payola.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

KoRMaK posted:

they both seem happy helathy and fit so of course goons gonna try to hate

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Stinky_Pete posted:

By extension of expecting everyone here to have had a line on anything huge, IRL, and cringey that the Tumblr or other large Internet communities have done.

Someone peed in the ball pit

lol

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Haier posted:

Purestrain Millenial.jpg: Getting cucked by your own dad and posting updates about it:

https://imgur.com/a/hlOyr

I really really hope there's a follow up.

im really glad people feel the need to share things

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

OMFG FURRY posted:

im really glad people feel the need to share things

i bet that guy isn't

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

I want to be,
The very best
The best cuck ever was

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
remember when you were a toddler and mom or dad would dress you so you didn't have to worry about being fresh to death, you could focus on eating sugary cereal and watching cartoons? wouldn't you love to not to have to worry about it anymore?

now you can relieve those days again

https://www.bombfell.com

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lufiron posted:

remember when you were a toddler and mom or dad would dress you so you didn't have to worry about being fresh to death, you could focus on eating sugary cereal and watching cartoons? wouldn't you love to not to have to worry about it anymore?

now you can relieve those days again

https://www.bombfell.com
can NK hurry up with those hydrogen bombs?

• Locked thread