Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCurly
Mar 28, 2010
I don't have phantoms, but you have opened my eyes to the one true list.

Vader - Engine Upgrade, TIEx1, Accuracy Corrector
Mauler Mithel
Backstabber
x6 Black Squadron Pilots

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

hoiyes posted:

Question: does Nien Numb crew work with Hera's pilot ability? I'm seeing a pretty punchy 24 point mini ace in Her + NN + VI. (26 with targeting comp).

I don't see why it wouldn't, but it would only add 3 and 4 straight to your dial; there are better crew to mess with Hera, i.e. Navigator.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

hoiyes posted:

Also, doing some theory crafting, do you think the new Tie D title will bring Ruthlessness to the table competitively. Seems like it'd be pretty powerful on Vessery.

The title only works on Cannons with 3 or less point value. Is it worth it to downgrade from something like Heavy Laser Cannon to deal 2 damage to something at Range 1? And then if there's no enemies at Range 1 and only friendlies then you're kind of screwed and you wouldn't want to even do the second attack. Seems like it would be more of a handicap in a couple different ways there.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
So I think for this winter kit tournament in like 3 hours I'm gonna do

99 points:

Poe Dameron (30)
+ R5-P9
+ Veteran Instincts
+ Integrated Astromech

Wedge Antilles (35)
+ R3-A2
+ Flechette Torpedoes
+ Veteran Instincts
+ Integrated Astromech

Tycho Celchu (34)
+ A-wing Test Pilot
+ Push the Limit
+ Daredevil
+ Chardaan Refit

My question is, should I drop a VI (probably from Wedge) to put Autothrusters on Tycho (or Poe instead of IA)?

overdesigned fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Jan 9, 2016

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

No, drop Daredevil and replace it with something cheaper. Or make Tycho into Jake and put VI on him instead of Daredevil. You definitely want autothrusters on Poe, ideally on the a-wing as well.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

overdesigned posted:

My question is, should I drop a VI (probably from Wedge) to put Autothrusters on Poe (or Tycho)?

IMO yes. My gut tells me having that much more survivability on the guy who's probably going to be your game-closer is worth more than a second super-ace PS.

Of course I'm probably an idiot who is wrong.

E: As TheSpaceInvader's probably more correct advice proves.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Heck, for that matter, dump the Flechette Torpedoes and put R2D2 on Wedge. Torpedoes are just not worth the points unless you have some way to keep dice mods for them.

E: This is how I'd go using T70/X/A, but to be honest, I probably wouldn't use the T65.

Poe Dameron (31)
Veteran Instincts (1)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Wedge Antilles (29)
Predator (3)
BB-8 (2)
Integrated Astromech (0)

Jake Farrell (24)
Push the Limit (3)
Chardaan Refit (-2)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Autothrusters (2)
A-Wing Test Pilot (0)

Total: 99

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

thespaceinvader fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jan 9, 2016

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

thespaceinvader posted:

No, drop Daredevil and replace it with something cheaper. Or make Tycho into Jake and put VI on him instead of Daredevil. You definitely want autothrusters on Poe, ideally on the a-wing as well.

Makes sense.

100 points:
Poe + R5-P9 + VI + Auto
Tycho + Chardaan + PtL + Auto
Wedge stays as-is

Tycho loses the ability to effectively K-turn while uber-stressed but Poe is now a total pain in the rear end to kill. Wedge can still double-stress somebody and then ruin lives at PS11.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

overdesigned posted:

Makes sense.

100 points:
Poe + R5-P9 + VI + Auto
Tycho + Chardaan + PtL + Auto
Wedge stays as-is

Tycho loses the ability to effectively K-turn while uber-stressed but Poe is now a total pain in the rear end to kill. Wedge can still double-stress somebody and then ruin lives at PS11.

If you're set on the double stressing Wedge (who will get killed supremely quickly) you should realise that single stressing is just as good and if you drop the Flechettes you only lose one application of stress, but you can afford VI for Tycho.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy
Maybe I should have put more thought into this before tourney day...

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

overdesigned posted:

Maybe I should have put more thought into this before tourney day...

It's possible to overthink these things.

Just scratch everything and run a bandit swarm, IMO.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Finster Dexter posted:

The title only works on Cannons with 3 or less point value. Is it worth it to downgrade from something like Heavy Laser Cannon to deal 2 damage to something at Range 1? And then if there's no enemies at Range 1 and only friendlies then you're kind of screwed and you wouldn't want to even do the second attack. Seems like it would be more of a handicap in a couple different ways there.

TIE/D gives you a primary attack after your cannon shot, so you'll still be getting a good amount of dice, and you may end up doing more than with the HLC plus whatever control you get from your cannon.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Finster Dexter posted:

gently caress yes it is. Forget the damage entirely, put a Tractor Beam on, reduce target agility, then shoot the poo poo out of target with rest of list (including the Defender's primary). Repeat until everything is dead.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

thespaceinvader posted:

gently caress yes it is. Forget the damage entirely, put a Tractor Beam on, reduce target agility, then shoot the poo poo out of target with rest of list (including the Defender's primary). Repeat until everything is dead.

Back that up with a mini-swarm and you put Fat Han on a fukkin' diet.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Back it with Redline and you put Fat Han on a diet. From experience. Reducing Han's agility by 1 is huge, because it means he doesn't get to use C3PO at all.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Finster Dexter posted:

If Defender with HLC was competitive we wouldn't be getting the titles. I think would be a good pairing with a Deci with HP to tank, or an agile ace - especially one like the inquisitor that prefers to stay at range 3.

Edit: The more I think about it the better it gets to pair with a decimator. If they want to force me to hit my own ship they either bump (APL option here) or eat 4 dice primary from the deci.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jan 9, 2016

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
That makes sense, I didn't even think about Tractor Beam.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Here's what I'd like to test:

VT-49 Decimator: · Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
Weapons Engineer (3)
· Rebel Captive (3)
· Darth Vader (3)
TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)
Ruthlessness (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/D (0)

It's about putting max firepower on a target with some stress + ion control and vader for the soontirs.

If it dies too quick in testing, (neutering vessery's ability) I'd consider dropping vader & APL for engine upgrade/yssane.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

Here's what I'd like to test:

VT-49 Decimator: · Rear Admiral Chiraneau (46)
Veteran Instincts (1)
Anti Pursuit Laser (2)
Weapons Engineer (3)
· Rebel Captive (3)
· Darth Vader (3)
TIE Defender: · Colonel Vessery (35)
Ruthlessness (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/D (0)

It's about putting max firepower on a target with some stress + ion control and vader for the soontirs.

If it dies too quick in testing, (neutering vessery's ability) I'd consider dropping vader & APL for engine upgrade/yssane.

Your RAC could use work I think. Dump APL, Weapons Engineer, +Gunner, Engine Upgrade, and swap Ruthlessness for a better EPT such as PTL, or even VI.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hahaha I lost to a VSP list. I'm more rusty than I thought.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

I must be missing an acronym - VSP?

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Vader Soontir Palpatine

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

What's wrong with VSP? :saddowns:

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Otisburg posted:

What's wrong with VSP? :saddowns:

Nothing. It's the new go to for people who are netlisting, but it is completely fine and all that.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I thought it was a type of brandy

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

For consistency shouldn't it be VFP? For Vader Fel Palpatine?
Or DSS? For Darth Soontir Sheev?
:colbert:

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Otisburg posted:

For consistency shouldn't it be VFP? For Vader Fel Palpatine?
Or DSS? For Darth Soontir Sheev?
:colbert:

Palpatine doesn't fly his own ship, peon!

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
SSS: Skywalker Soontir Sideous

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Deviant posted:

Palpatine doesn't fly his own ship, peon!

Yeah, good point. It's not like you call the Falcon with C3PO "C3P0." It should be Soontir/Vader/Omnicron Nobody

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
C-3PO is a 3 point upgrade card that make the good ship he's on better. Palpatine is a 29 point upgrade that comes with a bad ship for free.

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
More importantly why are you putting the Emperor last in the list :colbert:

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Otisburg posted:

Back that up with a mini-swarm and you put Fat Han on a fukkin' diet.
Looking back, you can do Vessery with 4 Seinar Test Pilots in TAPs.

Seems to work quite nicely.

You could do it with Black Crack TIEs, but the problem with them is the lack of Target Lock to buff Vessery.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Hencoe posted:

More importantly why are you putting the Emperor last in the list :colbert:

Ok I'm calling it the Vespa.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Playing in an X-Wing tournament for the first time tomorrow, considering the following

Poe Dameron (31)
Push the Limit (3)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Han Solo (46)
C-3PO (3)
Luke Skywalker (7)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

Total: 100

I'm a rank newbie so I was hoping this would be relatively straightforward to run with. Couldn't squeeze in predator and gunner so went with Luke instead, am I missing something critical.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

HidaO-Win posted:

Playing in an X-Wing tournament for the first time tomorrow, considering the following

Poe Dameron (31)
Push the Limit (3)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Han Solo (46)
C-3PO (3)
Luke Skywalker (7)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

I'm a rank newbie so I was hoping this would be relatively straightforward to run with. Couldn't squeeze in predator and gunner so went with Luke instead, am I missing something critical.

Drop the title and you can do Gunner/Predator.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

HidaO-Win posted:

Poe Dameron (31)
Push the Limit (3)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Han Solo (46)
C-3PO (3)
Luke Skywalker (7)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

By chance is this tourney at kessel run?

I'm also going to a tourney myself. Thinking wes wedge and jake just for giggles. Is poe s better choice than Jake.

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Tournament pro tip: don't fly half your list off the table if you want to win.

ZenMastaT
Apr 4, 2005

I dun shot my dick off

HidaO-Win posted:

Poe Dameron (31)
Push the Limit (3)
R5-P9 (3)
Autothrusters (2)

Han Solo (46)
C-3PO (3)
Luke Skywalker (7)
Engine Upgrade (4)
Millennium Falcon (1)

What about swapping PTL on Poe for VI? That gives you enough to swap Luke for Gunner and add Predator to Han, with a point spare for a lukewarm initiative bid. I don't know if that is too by the numbers or what though.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Just a heads-up for any Toronto/GTA area goons, the Indigo in the Eaton's Centre has the OT Starter box for $20 right now, a friend and I both got one. The site says they only have 1 in stock but they have a whole shelf of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

here's a tip for all the new guys who have come in since tfa

before you go to a store championship make sure you buy some extra dice so you have enough to play your list. nothin worse than having someone ask to borrow dice literally every single combat phase and get them all greasy.

• Locked thread