Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

chupacabraTERROR posted:

I'm keeping my Tomlinson jersey :catbert:

*Looks through jersey collection*

Ryan Leaf
Tomlinson
Brees
Gates
Merriman
Phillips
Rivers
Chambers
Weddle
Osgood
Fluker
....ronnie hillman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-stadium-20160110-story.html

quote:

The proposed stadium solutions in Oakland, St. Louis and San Diego are "unsatisfactory and inadequate" to keep the Raiders, Rams and Chargers in their home markets, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said in a report distributed Saturday to all 32 teams.

The contents of the 48-page report were disclosed to The Times by someone who has seen it but is not authorized to discuss it publicly.

The intent of the report is to establish facts about the home markets, as the league views them, heading into a special meeting in Houston on Tuesday and Wednesday to resolve the two-decade L.A. vacancy. The report does not give teams the green light to move to Los Angeles — that will be determined by owners' voting — but establishes that the home markets have failed to provide stadium solutions.

What a sleaze.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

So what happens when 2 teams go to LA and the third doesn't? All of a sudden Goodell will be OK with said stadium proposals so long as the public funds them? Seems like he's talked himself into a pretty stupid hole.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
gently caress you too Roger

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

*Looks through jersey collection*

Ryan Leaf
Tomlinson
Brees
Gates
Merriman
Phillips
Rivers
Chambers
Weddle
Osgood
Fluker
....ronnie hillman

How do you have all those jerseys but no Seau?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
My guess Ross burned his Seau jersey when the traitor went ring-chasing in New England.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
There was a hole in it so Ross threw it out

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

There was a hole in it so Ross threw it out

I gave it to my Nephew.

It was the first jersey I ever owned and I got it when I was like 5, so it doesn't fit anymore

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Lmao the report that says that Oakland's proposal is too short is literally 10 times longer than Oakland's proposal

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I still need to get myself a Mike Scifres jersey.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Zurreco posted:

So what happens when 2 teams go to LA and the third doesn't?

London!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If I ever figure out how to get back to California without living in a one bedroom apartment five five people in my thirties, I could see myself getting into the Raiders if they moved to LA. I kind of already have adopted them as my second team because their fanbase is loving ridiculous and dumb which is my jam. At the end of the day though I probably stay a Cardinal fan if the Chargers move and be actively against the Rams if they move unless Kronke is removed somehow.

But I think not having a football team in Los Angeles during my formative already did its damage because I'll always care about college football more. I'm not totally sure any of these moves displace USC as the premiere football brand in Southern California.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Rick posted:

I'm not totally sure any of these moves displace USC as the premiere football brand in Southern California.

hahah "premiere" you clearly haven't been living here for a while

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I still spend a couple weeks a year there which admittedly isn't much but it's still seems to be what all the chatter is about and the most prevalent football gear I see.

I'm not referencing the quality of teams.

E: This is a couple years old but seems to support how things seem to me http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/03/upshot/ncaa-football-fan-map.html

Rick fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Jan 10, 2016

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Zurreco posted:

Seems like he's talked himself into a pretty stupid hole.

What does it matter? The nfl will get what it wants anyway.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Chichevache posted:

What does it matter? The nfl will get what it wants anyway.

Because when the Raiders relocating gets voted down, all of a sudden Oakland has a shitton of leverage over the Raiders and they'll use Goodell's comments to force Davis into shelling out more money to make any new stadium "satisfactory." Not that I have an issue with any of the franchises being forced into paying for their own stadium, but Goodell could have literally said nothing and the relocation votes would still go through.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Zurreco posted:

Because when the Raiders relocating gets voted down, all of a sudden Oakland has a shitton of leverage over the Raiders and they'll use Goodell's comments to force Davis into shelling out more money to make any new stadium "satisfactory." Not that I have an issue with any of the franchises being forced into paying for their own stadium, but Goodell could have literally said nothing and the relocation votes would still go through.

Goodell and the NFL aren't going to send the Raiders back to Oakland with no options. Part of the Rams/Chargers moving to LA will probably come with them giving money to increase the NFL's loan to the Raiders to build a stadium in Oakland

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
gently caress Rodger Goodell and gently caress LA.

Goodnight.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe

Ross Angeles posted:

Goodell and the NFL aren't going to send the Raiders back to Oakland with no options. Part of the Rams/Chargers moving to LA will probably come with them giving money to increase the NFL's loan to the Raiders to build a stadium in Oakland

If the Raiders build a new stadium in Oakland, I will sell my Santa Clara PSLs and become a Raiders fan. :toxx:

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Well where else would it be, it won't be in LA

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I am 100% prepared to become a crazy cosplaying Raiders fan, I just don't want to accidentally end up rooting for a SoCal team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

SoCal owns

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I know several fine people in/from San Diego and have no objection to your continued possession of an NFL franchise.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
I've said it before but as long as the Raiders stay in California I don't really care where they move. I just don't want to root for a Texas team or a St. Louis team. Moving them to San Diego would be really loving weird though.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Christ Pseudoscientist posted:

I've said it before but as long as the Raiders stay in California I don't really care where they move. I just don't want to root for a Texas team or a St. Louis team. Moving them to San Diego would be really loving weird though.
Plus it'd make no sense to play California Love during games unless they stayed here.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Correct.

Depending on how far north you consider SoCal

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Counterpoint: SoCal is pretty terrible.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

MrLogan posted:

nah

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

He's right, though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Zurreco posted:

He's right, though.

nah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

zen death robot posted:

Can we all agree that Goodell is bad?

yah

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

zen death robot posted:

Can we all agree that Goodell is bad?

No. I think he's terrible.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

MrLogan posted:

SoCal goes up to Santa Barbara, NorCal goes down to Monterey. SLO is the best part of California.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Counter-counterpoint: SLO is a shithole.

Go Gauchos.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The vote is in 2-3 days.

:(

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Spoeank posted:

Go Gauchos.

Speaking of shitholes...

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Jerry Jones proposed for the Chargers and Rams to share Inglewood, and Spanos said they are sticking by the Raiders. idgi but whatever. Also according to Florio, neither has 24 votes, but Carson is closer.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Jan 11, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

Jerry Jones proposed for the Chargers and Rams to share Inglewood, and Spanos said they are sticking by the Raiders. idgi but whatever.

the Chargers are going to walk away from their partnership with the Raiders just like they walked away from the negotiating table with the city of San Diego.

gently caress Dean Spanos.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think what's going on is that he wants to go to Carson where he knows he'd have some control, since Inglewood would mostly be Kroenke's show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Goodell is just saying what the owners want him to say, still bad though.

So if the Chargers move in as co-renters with the Rams, will still they still have to pay a megahuge relocation fee? This thread brought it up but the more I think of it, the more I think that would be a bad decision for the Chargers to move in as a 2nd banana, regardless of market size.

• Locked thread