Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Dralun posted:

Is this dispute mostly taken care of and just now waiting for some VA billing clerks to pull their heads out their asses to remove the charge? If not, I might be able to help by telling you what to specifically ask for to prove she wasn't there as I've helped some of my patients in the the past with similar stupidity.

I called and asked about it. Apparently this is the case.

But honestly, if they don't fix it, what are they going to do? Ruin her credit? If push comes to shove I'll tell them that she's dead, it's their fault, and I'm not paying a loving cent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

everyone who works for the DOD that has anything to do with anything that can be described as "customer service" be it finance or medical or whatever has, in my experience, universally been gigantic loving shitassed cunts who deserve to be treated terribly any time they have any sort of minor inconvenience just so they know how utterly useless wastes of x,y,z space on God's creation they are

It makes me sick just thinking about anyone who has the job of "helping people get things they desperately need done" and that stupid loving attitude they have where they don't care at all about their job or the people they are working for. It's not even like a particular event that made me hate them, it's all the little things combined down to that stupid loving disinterested look they give you when you ask for their help with something. gently caress them, gently caress the DOD, gently caress the Army, just lol if you are still in.

Justin Tyme fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Jan 9, 2016

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Booblord Zagats posted:

Getting an officer's opinion on reality is like getting a fish's take on mountain biking

That hurts man. :negative:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

vulturesrow posted:

That hurts man. :negative:

Dont worry, as a former air wing POG my ability to read and write is practically just a parlor trick so it's a wash

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Yeah my rebuttal would be:

quote:

Getting an airman's opinion on reality is like getting a goon's take on mountain biking

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
You can do better Z, I believe in your ability to drop a sick burn

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Like getting a GS-5's opinion on customer service.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

You can do better Z, I believe in your ability to drop a sick burn

I really can't man, I am the George Costanza of burns and they only hit hard when it wasn't part of the plan

Oh, you were making fun of me

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Zeris posted:

I really can't man, I am the George Costanza of burns and they only hit hard when it wasn't part of the plan

Oh, you were making fun of me

I wasn't, I actually do believe in you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't gotten my transition access card because it was lunchtime when I separated but I can't imagine going on base for anything ever again so

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

I haven't gotten my transition access card because it was lunchtime when I separated but I can't imagine going on base for anything ever again so

I don't have stickers or a card but if I did I'd go sit at the gym in a towel and just be fat at people.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

McNally posted:

I called and asked about it. Apparently this is the case.

But honestly, if they don't fix it, what are they going to do? Ruin her credit? If push comes to shove I'll tell them that she's dead, it's their fault, and I'm not paying a loving cent.

This is such a loving shitshow.

Man gently caress the military and lol if anyone is still in. Big Boss had the right idea.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Thump! posted:

Big Boss had the right idea.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Zeris posted:

Yeah my rebuttal would be:

Getting an airman's opinion on reality is like getting a goon's take on hiking

Eh? EH?

Larry Parrish posted:

If you're getting TAMP, it's also you're healthcare access card.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Thump! posted:

Big Boss had the right idea.

GiP hover text

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Godholio posted:

Eh? EH?

If you're getting TAMP, it's also you're healthcare access card.

I've been covered under my parents benefits still anyway because I'm so young and I'd really rather never see a mil doctor again. :shrug:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Whoever wins Powerball should start up a Mother Base imo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Dropped $20 since I was in a powerball state today anyway.

If I win the jackpot I'll build some kind of Mother Base/Terrordrome/Hall of Doom hangout. :toxx: away

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
same

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Well, to be fair, when you're that big, even the shortest walk down the street is a hike.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

That's when you get a baby stroller designed to be towed by a bicycle.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Godholio posted:

Heh, my wife recently broke the front wheel on ours when she used it as a stroller on the way home from daycare instead of getting her bike. :v:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Godholio posted:

Just don't use it to carry water

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

There's only three people in my area at work that didn't join the powerball pool. I'm one of them. The idiot is me.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
How does that make you an idiot? You're no more likely to get the numbers than they are, so why waste twenty bucks?

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
20 bucks is such a small amount if you have a decent job that why not throw some money at powerball. Pot is over a billion now. Sure the odds are retarded but it's fun to dream.

If you're in a situation where 20 dollars is a lot of money then you're probably still enlisted and making payments on your mustang at 20% interest.

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
I like to think about what if's.

Like what if an 18 year old boot wins the powerball. Imagine all the moto bullshit he would buy.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Fart Sandwiches posted:

If you're in a situation where 20 dollars is a lot of money then you're probably still enlisted

Oh I'm not enlisted, couldn't join if I wanted to. I'm 100% deaf in both ears, the US military doesn't want toys that are already broken. I just like reading stories about what goes on there. Fair point about the 20, though

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Oh I'm not enlisted, couldn't join if I wanted to. I'm 100% deaf in both ears, the US military doesn't want toys that are already broken. I just like reading stories about what goes on there. Fair point about the 20, though

Sounds like you got the end run of what an enlistment would entail anyway. Everyone I know has at least partial hearing loss, some with full hearing loss in at least one ear. This isn't even from being around gunfire or explosions.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

Sounds like you got the end run of what an enlistment would entail anyway. Everyone I know has at least partial hearing loss, some with full hearing loss in at least one ear. This isn't even from being around gunfire or explosions.

Don't forget the screaming tinnitus.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I got minor hearing loss and all I did was smoke cigarettes near the flightline

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

hogmartin posted:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My gunner's ear acts up real bad every time there's a steel-to-steel strike at work (which happens a lot)

Smack two pieces of round bar together? EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I don't know, when you win the lottery lots of weird poo poo happens and people start trying to blackmail you and stuff. It's weird. There are lots of ~internet stories~ about it, so big grain of salt. But you have to take up the equivalent of witness protection because people start messing with your life for a little taste.

To be clear, I still want to win.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I had some weird ear infection thing that gave me tinnitus for a few days. If I had to live with that I think it would be damaging to my sanity. No idea how you tolerate it but I'm so, so glad it made me into "that guy" about wearing ear plugs in the back of a truck if it got too loud or every time I went on the flight line.

I know of at least a few idiots I worked with that have got to be hosed. Get done on the range with no plugs, then blast their music in their 20% APR heap of poo poo on the way to work. Got to work with a shredder for awhile that took serious ear protection because it was a shredder for hard drives. Just drop a whole hard drive in and little pieces come out. No ear plugs for the one winner I worked with. Wouldn't be in the least surprised to hear he's learning sign language now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SumYungGui posted:

I had some weird ear infection thing that gave me tinnitus for a few days. If I had to live with that I think it would be damaging to my sanity. No idea how you tolerate it but I'm so, so glad it made me into "that guy" about wearing ear plugs in the back of a truck if it got too loud or every time I went on the flight line.

I know of at least a few idiots I worked with that have got to be hosed. Get done on the range with no plugs, then blast their music in their 20% APR heap of poo poo on the way to work. Got to work with a shredder for awhile that took serious ear protection because it was a shredder for hard drives. Just drop a whole hard drive in and little pieces come out. No ear plugs for the one winner I worked with. Wouldn't be in the least surprised to hear he's learning sign language now.

The brain is actually really good at tuning things out. The same way that something you see all the time can disappear from your vision or how you get used to smells, a constant sound gets tuned out by your brain. Except for when some jerkbag says "tinnitus" on the internet and then it all comes back.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Zeris posted:

I don't know, when you win the lottery lots of weird poo poo happens and people start trying to blackmail you and stuff. It's weird. There are lots of ~internet stories~ about it, so big grain of salt. But you have to take up the equivalent of witness protection because people start messing with your life for a little taste.

Well if we get an oil platform decked out with Blackhawks and AA guns, I doubt it'd be much of a problem at that point :colbert:

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

The brain is actually really good at tuning things out. The same way that something you see all the time can disappear from your vision or how you get used to smells, a constant sound gets tuned out by your brain. Except for when some jerkbag says "tinnitus" on the internet and then it all comes back.

Yeah, after a while it becomes the new normal and you don't notice it, until you do, and then it's all you can think about. Also when it comes on, if I'm lucky, I can do the diver pressure-equalize trick (hold your nose shut and blow air into your eustachian tubes) and sometimes that works to head it off.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Zeris posted:

A lot of that probably has to do with the type of people who typically win the lottery...by and large on the lower end of the socio-economic ladder, so when they come into a bunch of money there's the fact that their entire goddamned extended family down to third cousins comes out of the woodwork as well as the fact that they typically make an easier mark for con men since they tend to be less educated.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

hogmartin posted:

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Zeris posted:

gently caress that, my skeletons are out in the open. I'd put my kid through college, pay off my mom's house, a couple of friends' houses, and buy a fuckton of beachfront and mountainside land. And cars. Lots of cars.

Then in the second year of the annuity...

Edit: I'm not going to drive 50 or 60 miles to the nearest powerball gas station, but if I'm over there, I'll drop a $20 or buy scratchers or something.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Jan 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Only 6 states allow you to win the lottery anonymously, so whoever whens the 1.3 billion is hosed.