Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

speshl guy posted:

I think it was a weird joke to make because the gang really did encounter a serial killer who actually kept heads in his freezer and it has never been acknowledged in-show since.

Dennis is an intelligent person who has the tendency to be extremely oblivious (probably because they're all wasted all the time) but yeah the freezer head love thing fell flat because of that.

Maybe Dennis liked that guy's angle, and has been slowly adopting his methods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I really don't know whether I want them fully show Dennis killing/raping/torturing/whatever someone. He's my favorite character by far, but I'm torn. On one hand I trust them to do it right, but on the other I feel it would be so easy to mess it up.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

drunken officeparty posted:

I really don't know whether I want them fully show Dennis killing/raping/torturing/whatever someone. He's my favorite character by far, but I'm torn. On one hand I trust them to do it right, but on the other I feel it would be so easy to mess it up.

I get the impression that Dennis has never actually gone through with killing anyone, he just likes to imagine himself in that role and prepare for it. Its the ultimate power fantasy.

Its pretty clear that he actually is a full on rapist, though.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012
You could say the gang all got their first taste of murder at the end of the Anti-Social Network

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Lord Krangdar posted:

I get the impression that Dennis has never actually gone through with killing anyone, he just likes to imagine himself in that role and prepare for it. Its the ultimate power fantasy.
He talked a guy into lighting himself on fire and burning to death.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Whalley posted:

He talked a guy into lighting himself on fire and burning to death.

Oh yeah, that's one of the few episodes I don't really like so I kinda forgot about that.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

drunken officeparty posted:

Right now I feel they need to go big or go home with regards to Dennis. They're just ramping up the intensity of his craziness bit by bit, but they need a payoff for it. Not saying they should just have him be an actual murderer, but they need to work something out.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Right now I feel they need to go big or go home with regards to Dennis. They're just ramping up the intensity of his craziness bit by bit, but they need a payoff for it. Not saying they should just have him be an actual murderer, but they need to work something out.

I think it would be ironic if he tried to kill HIMSELF. All that ego and self-importance inflating to burst into Hopeless Dennis would make me laugh so hard.

I picture it like the opening to "The Gang Broke Dee" but instead of brushing them off, Dennis silently absorbs the gang's mockery, until they fall silent, creeped out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
He already got diagnosed as bipolar and was prescribed medicine. I don't know who else could intervene besides the police.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Jerusalem posted:

I love that Dennis' version of a Philly accent (Australian) basically went unremarked on by the gang.

This is literally exactly what dirt trash from South Philly and Delaware County talk like. You are not wrong in thinking it sounds super Australian, and at first I thought this was a Lethal Weapon 6/Mel Gibson joke, but it really is how people talk south of Washington street.

Edit: you can find YouTube clips of tailgating Phillies or Eagles games to confirm. Mouthbreathing Hicks

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 10, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Bust Rodd posted:

This is literally exactly what dirt trash from South Philly and Delaware County talk like. You are not wrong in thinking it sounds super Australian, and at first I thought this was a Lethal Weapon 6/Mel Gibson joke, but it really is how people talk south of Washington street.

This is one of the most bizarre things I have ever learned - the South Philly and Delaware County accent basically sounds Australian? :stare:

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Is it really surprising that an area of the country first colonized mainly by British people now has accents that sound vaguely Commonwealthy?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Noctone posted:

Is it really surprising that an area of the country first colonized mainly by British people now has accents that sound vaguely Commonwealthy?

It is to me, yes :)

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Australians don't even sound like that anymore, now they mostly sound like a rectum full of jagged teeth yawning in morse code

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Brawnfire posted:

Australians don't even sound like that anymore, now they mostly sound like a rectum full of jagged teeth yawning in morse code

lol this is a pro post

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

EL BROMANCE posted:

i think it's funny enough that he has this weird power dynamic over the rest of the gang, but is shown to be completely ineffective against anyone outside paddy's pub. things like episode where they go find smitty and he straight clowns dennis the whole episode, or the date rating episode where he got zero stars (the dee system?), or the one where he tries to repeatedly convince judy greer to buy an awful dress (fatty mcgoo vs aluminum monster), or the tipping point episode where he fucks up his face and hair with chemicals, or even the family feud episode keep him in check. as long as he gets his comeuppance once a season, they never actually need to film something where he kills someone.

besides, in the episode where the gang all have fantasies about what they'd do in a robbery, he explicitly kills the blonde woman at the end of his fantasy.

Lord Krangdar posted:

what? no! i wasn't going to rape your wife; it's a revenge bang, so she can't take all your money in the divorce!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Noctone posted:

lol this is a pro post

YMMV

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Lord Krangdar posted:

https://youtu.be/jLducOdddE4?t=20s

Easychair Bootson
May 7, 2004

Where's the last guy?
Ultimo hombre.
Last man standing.
Must've been one.

Chromatic posted:

Here's season 10 bloopers you fucks

https://vid.me/AWpi
Hey bozo, the link above doesn't work any more (video has been removed). Where can I find this?

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

This is one of the most bizarre things I have ever learned - the South Philly and Delaware County accent basically sounds Australian? :stare:
I'm Australian and yeah there's some weird fuckin' places in America where it sounds just like how I grew up. If you really wanna get freaked out, check out the Okracoke Brogue accent; it's a super isolated community off the coast of North Carolina and their accent basically developed in a vacuum and it's so weird how much it sounds not even a little bit American at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Whalley posted:

check out the Okracoke Brogue accent

I just watched this clip and feel like I'm watching the inspiration for Christopher Guest's character in Best in Show :allears:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Dennis' accent was weirdly overdone and didn't sound very Australian either. Philly accent tends to make some vowels really nasal, soften consonants in the middle of some words and leans hard on Rs that end words. It's how you get things like "wooder" and the "wall wimmin bridge."

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I can picture a reveal at some point that all the talk from Dennis about rope and the like is because he sees himself as some Batmanesque defender of Philadelphia.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Senor Tron posted:

I can picture a reveal at some point that all the talk from Dennis about rope and the like is because he sees himself as some Batmanesque defender of Philadelphia.

It's fetish poo poo, he likes to bind and be bound.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Does anyone else think the Charlie plots have gotten really loving mean in the past couple seasons, even by this show's standards? It's gotten a little uncomfortable to watch, honestly, because in the early seasons you could at least buy Charlie being friends with everybody, but by now, he's pretty much just their slave/plaything.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Have they ever gone through the door that's inside the back office

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Does anyone else think the Charlie plots have gotten really loving mean in the past couple seasons, even by this show's standards? It's gotten a little uncomfortable to watch, honestly, because in the early seasons you could at least buy Charlie being friends with everybody, but by now, he's pretty much just their slave/plaything.

I don't know, wasn't it as early as season 1 (or 2?) that they revealed they'd taken advantage of him to "buy" out all his stock in the bar, leaving him essentially at their mercy?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I think you're taking the show a little too seriously if it makes you uncomfortable. I mean, that has been "the joke" of his character for a long time - the illiterate idiot that does all their dirty work and goes unappreciated when he actually does something well.

Although they did make him a denim chicken once. That shows at least some level of caring.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

I agree on Dennis he has been mentally cracking for the last couple seasons, honestly I kind of want the show to end almost just to see him off himself or murder someone.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Seinfeld ended with everyone in jail so i assume sunny ends with everyone dead

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Depths posted:

Seinfeld ended with everyone in jail so i assume sunny ends with everyone dead

If Charlie doesn't eventually take his rightful place in the sewers of Philly as King of the Rats I'll be disappointed.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know, wasn't it as early as season 1 (or 2?) that they revealed they'd taken advantage of him to "buy" out all his stock in the bar, leaving him essentially at their mercy?

He sold them his shares for sandwiches and other such trivial commodities, it's not their fault.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Let's not forget that Charlie has been stalking a woman for at least 11 years, probably since he was in high school, has lied to all of his friends about getting cancer, tricked a girl into falling in love with him so he could use it as leverage to improve his relationship with the Waitress, was perfectly willing to abandon Frank because he thought he was getting smarter, threatened his landlord with a gun, kidnapped a man who gave his bar a bad review, assaulted a mall Santa, and used his talent for playing a MMO to make Dee subservient to him.

I'm not saying he deserves the treatment he gets from the gang and especially Dennis, but Charlie is no saint. Anytime that he's gotten even a little bit of power, he abuses the poo poo out of it.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I've been rewatching Season 10 and I forgot about the part in Charlie Work where Charlie goes into the basement with the health inspector and she hits the CO2 detector twice. Charlie's reaction to being impressed with Frank hitting the note twice is hilarious once you know what's going on

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I've rewatched 10 like 4 times over since it was put on Netflix and I don't know why I didn't like the Wade Boggs episode at first. It's loving hilarious.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

timp posted:

I've been rewatching Season 10 and I forgot about the part in Charlie Work where Charlie goes into the basement with the health inspector and she hits the CO2 detector twice. Charlie's reaction to being impressed with Frank hitting the note twice is hilarious once you know what's going on

When the camera pans around and you see Frank there is one of my favorite moments in the entire show. I have to question how Frank knew what to do though, since Charlie never has a moment to share his plan with him.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Sammus posted:

When the camera pans around and you see Frank there is one of my favorite moments in the entire show. I have to question how Frank knew what to do though, since Charlie never has a moment to share his plan with him.

Either Frank has done it for Charlie during past inspections, or just chalk it up to the weird bond they share as father and son/gruesome twosome/sleeping partners.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

Either Frank has done it for Charlie during past inspections, or just chalk it up to the weird bond they share as father and son/gruesome twosome/sleeping partners.

Doesn't he tell Dee to tell Frank?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Kwyndig posted:

Doesn't he tell Dee to tell Frank?

Yeah he tells Dee to give him the flute and its a g.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

He tells Dee to give the recorder to Frank, tell him G sharp and paint him head to toe in black.