Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I love when people hide behind their own ToS as though it's some bulletproof shield to protect them against anything. If the ToS was a void contract then it doesn't mean poo poo in a court of law.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

I guess I just feel that a man having a wife is more believable than a man pretending to be his own wife.

I mean the idea that a man and wife could both share the same profession seems pretty common. That they might both find themselves interested in SC also seems like a thing that could happen. Then one of them has an account on SA, gets irritated by the discussion and thinks "gently caress this no more talking about SC on the internet for me" while the other continues to post in a different community seems plausible. More so than someone pretending to be their own wife based on it being difficult to believe that Germany has more than one auditor, IMO.

I'm not saying it's impossible that it's all one guy, but I think the main draw of that explanation is that it's funnier rather than actually being required to explain anything.

A normal account you create will reflect generally your normal views as why wouldn't it? With Karl he created two twitter accounts, a reddit account and an account here with the primary objective being to defend Star Citizen, not have a normal conversion. The lies we know about on reddit and here all sought to portray himself as someone who he believed would have more credibility talking about Star Citizen unbiased, by pretending he hadn't spent money on it. Pretending to be female to influence a bunch of nerds isn't that unusual for the internet in general and you can see how he might believe it would have a similar effect.

It's possible his wife has posted from the reddit account, but too many things indicate at the very least Karl used it too. Posting his 2nd twitter username as an attempt to deny the 1st twitter account was his, even though both accounts were virtually identical and therefore revealing his RSI account, he's really not good at posting on the internet stuff.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Romes128 posted:

Yeah but now it's pretty much guaranteed since you tried to get a refund and they ignored the request.

They can't cite their bullshit tos when responding to a chargeback notification if they ignored a refund request. They'll lose.

Edit-
They technically cannot deny refunds on "donations" or "pledges" since they charge vat. They sold a digital product.

"We never got a refund request ticket, chargeback denied"

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I love when people hide behind their own ToS as though it's some bulletproof shield to protect them against anything. If the ToS was a void contract then it doesn't mean poo poo in a court of law.

:allears:

Their tos won't hold if taken to court.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

"We never got a refund request ticket, chargeback denied"

If you have an email just asking for a refund with no response it will be enough.

Burden of proof lies on cig when it comes to chargebacks. If they have no email stating why the refund was denied, just a closed ticket, they'll lose. If they say they never got a refund request and the customer shows an email saying they did, they'll lose.

Edit
You have to be incredibly on top of your accounting game to consistently win chargeback cases as a company. When it comes to customer based businesses it gets even harder since you have to make sure those dealing with the customers keep very detailed records of everything.

Romes128 fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Jan 11, 2016

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Reverse the Verse Reversed

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Romes128 posted:

If you have an email just asking for a refund with no response it will be enough.

Burden of proof lies on cig when it comes to chargebacks. If they have no email stating why the refund was denied, just a closed ticket, they'll lose. If they say they never got a refund request and the customer shows an email saying they did, they'll lose.

They're obviously fake, just like Beer's :downs:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Daztek posted:

They're obviously fake, just like Beer's :downs:

Everything is fake unless cr promises it'll happen.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
where's the source of the cs email? I gotta see this

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

I started following around page 1000; there have to have been jokes about this guys hat

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Officer Sandvich posted:

I started following around page 1000; there have to have been jokes about this guys hat

It's sort of one of those "comedy is now redundant" situations - although this guy is referred to as "money" by this thread. (I actually have no idea who he is besides the guy who's always wearing the money hat)

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Officer Sandvich posted:

MONEY seems to be competent, the joke is if/when Sandi will fire him.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Getting back to mirror chat, if Star Citizen is all smoke and mirrors, is that why performance is so bad?

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Officer Sandvich posted:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Bootcha posted:

ya but what does he do

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

ya but what does he do

He's Sandi's editor.

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
How can she fire her token friend BDEE (Best drat Employee Ever)? That's when CIG will really fail!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Google Butt posted:

ya but what does he do

Video editor, from what I remember he was working on editing a video when they pulled him into one of their webshows to show they aren't racist.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Incombibulator posted:

:rip:
gently caress CANCER

Of all the bloody ways to find out....

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AP posted:

He's Sandi's editor.

Lol

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

He's Sandi's editor.
Video editor only. She unfortunately doesn't have any others-- if ever a woman needed one...

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sandi does the job of 10 6 5 people.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Thanks, this is really something else.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Is it ironic that Sandi doesn't have an assistant for her current job but needs an entire company to assist her in her acting "career"?

I don't know, but its loving funny.

celewign
Jul 11, 2015

just get us in the playoffs
I step off the flight deck into my AEGIS DISINCERTERATOR. My eyes loose focus as my body slowly moves by itself, swiveling into the pilots seat, clipping gently through the poorly rendered edges of the spacecraft. The sun reflects gently off the PHYSICALLY BASED RENDERING metal panels, the hue and tone of the sunlight a physically impossible shade given the position and type of star we are orbiting. A shadow from the PARP-BECK GRAVCANNON CLUSTER MINE LAUNCHER is rapidly pulsing on the flight pad below me, as my powerful custom built PC struggles to render this basic space scene.

I sigh with satisfaction as my character is launched out of the cockpit at an impossible speed into the one sided moon nearby.

Another day in the 'verse.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Itzena posted:

Of all the bloody ways to find out....

yeah man

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
According to Sandy, Money does the job of 3/5 people

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jan 11, 2016

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007

SelenicMartian posted:

Of course the old dude has a loving Razer notebook.

"I just CANNOT make the verse without a TOP OF THE LINE ultrabook."

but.... it's $6000

"NO! UNACCEPTABLE"

"TOP"

"OF"

"THE"

"LINE!!!"

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Samizdata posted:

Seriously? You REALLY need to ask that question? You know the answer. Look into your heart and you know it is true.

They did add a whole bunch of new Shitizens over Christmas. Maybe those poor bastards expected a 2.0 game that kind of worked and the refund requests went through the roof.

Also I love how CIG is loving up daily at this point. Keeps the thread fresh.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Avalanche posted:

Of course the old dude has a loving Razer notebook.

"I just CANNOT make the verse without a TOP OF THE LINE ultrabook."

but.... it's $6000

"NO! UNACCEPTABLE"

"TOP"

"OF"

"THE"

"LINE!!!"

its free given by Razer iirc

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Is it ironic that Sandi doesn't have an assistant for her current job but needs an entire company to assist her in her acting "career"?

I don't know, but its loving funny.

Pretty sure all that's left at this point is to join scientology and Tom Cruise her way to the top.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

It's funny cause on the few streams I've seen so far he has no clue what's happening with the game. I don't think he even works on the game.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Romes128 posted:

"Hey guys let's take this pic really quickly so I can pretend you guys are part of the CS team cause that's what's getting us a lot of negative attention right now"

My first question (that I already know the answer too), is why the gently caress does a game that's not even out need a CS team that big?

Who looks at that photo and thinks "yes, spending $200kpa in salaries for a customer support team that shouldn't be more than 1 person at this stage is a perfectly good use of the money I gave them".

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Romes128 posted:

It's funny cause on the few streams I've seen so far he has no clue what's happening with the game. I don't think he even works on the game.

Money Token is in the production of AtV and sometimes could be RtV.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rudager posted:

My first question (that I already know the answer too), is why the gently caress does a game that's not even out need a CS team that big?

Who looks at that photo and thinks "yes, spending $200kpa in salaries for a customer support team that shouldn't be more than 1 person at this stage is a perfectly good use of the money I gave them".

Cause they put out a lovely tech demo and have no bug reporting feature so nerds need someone to cry at cause they can't do that on their official forums cause they'll get banned by a fat man or fatter man.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Rudager posted:

When you think about whatever Mo-Cap Gary Oldman and Gillian Anderson cost, that seems almost sensible.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
You know, I really thought we peaked with Beer's emails. I mean, like the Ross trial and CMFIV in the bitcoin thread, surely nothing could be funnier from now on?

Then comes CIG with the ground breaking tactic of simply deleting their entire CS backlog. My jaw just hit the floor.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

EminusSleepus posted:

Money Token is in the production of AtV and sometimes could be RtV.

Yes let's put this guy who doesn't work on the game on the show about the game.

Oh wait now I remember why he's on the show. Remember when sandis racism allegations were not completely believable cause we thought nobody would be that crazy at work? Lol

Now I definitely think those racist and pubeist allegations are true.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Rudager posted:

In the background, CIG staff are huddling round a bonfire of dollar bills to keep warm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Romes128 posted:

Yes let's put this guy who doesn't work on the game on the show about the game.

Oh wait now I remember why he's on the show. Remember when sandis racism allegations were not completely believable cause we thought nobody would be that crazy at work? Lol

Now I definitely think those racist and pubeist allegations are true.

I don't know but I noticed Sandi could not even stare at Money Token for more than 5 seconds lol.

• Locked thread