Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

flyboi posted:

It's not 1991 anymore. Disney is not a premium channel and is part of all basic cable packages.

this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i am the panda with a bad haircut and loose pants.

Also looks stoned as gently caress. Is it a goon Yokai?

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
nick is a premium channel now though :(

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Detective No. 27 posted:

More Xenoblade question: So I'm in Alcomoth. I just did that quest to repair that lighthouse in the Eryth Sea. The game wants me to go to a quest marker that I can't even see and I got no idea how to get there.

I've ran around lots of circles.

Did you ever get the answer to this? You go into the main palace lobby (at the top of the escalators in the city), and there are two hallways full of closed doors that branch out on the sides. One of those doors is open, and there's a teleporter that takes you to where you need to go. I must have spent two hours trying to find that dumb place.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Spoderman posted:

I must have spent two hours trying to find that dumb place.
It's amazing how you get used to markers, sensible layouts and short walking distance from any fast travel point, and then they dump this awful city on you.
And then you see how many timed sideqests that waste of space has...

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Dapper_Swindler posted:

So i bought a 3ds xl (new) yesterday and i am wondering what games i should pick up. I picked up yokai watch because i heard the game was pretty good and the old mario and luigi inside story. what other games should i try. and which new pokemons is good.(i havent played since silver)

yooooo KID ICARUS UPRISING

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

panda with his pants falling off loving owns

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just did the year check thing on the 3DS cause I've been playing to much Xenoblade Chronicles X, and christ:

Steps: 2,380,537

Playtime: 800:09

Highest Title is MH4U at 136:49

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Spoderman posted:

Did you ever get the answer to this? You go into the main palace lobby (at the top of the escalators in the city), and there are two hallways full of closed doors that branch out on the sides. One of those doors is open, and there's a teleporter that takes you to where you need to go. I must have spent two hours trying to find that dumb place.

I didn't even find the elevator. I looked up an LP on YouTube and the guy just teleported the spot. I felt like such a dope.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I think Yokai Watch is a done deal because Hino's already working on YW2 and because YW3 changes the setting to America and is filled with these fuckers:

I see Soul King Brook changed his look for the American tour.

Fame must have gone to his head, if he's insisting on having no body on stage with him :yohoho:

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
So, if YW3 goes to America, what's the setting for YW2? How many more Yo-Kai does it add?

Are there more ambulatory rear end faces?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So, if YW3 goes to America, what's the setting for YW2? How many more Yo-Kai does it add?

Are there more ambulatory rear end faces?

a bunch apperently. their were two yokai 2 games and eventualy the made a 3rd one that pushed to one game.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm only about 30 minutes in and I can already tell that I'm going to love Bravely Default. This game is extremely my poo poo and I can tell why it's so highly regarded. The music is wonderful too.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just want a pokemon game that auto heals your pokiemon to full health after each fight.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

marauderthirty posted:

I'm only about 30 minutes in and I can already tell that I'm going to love Bravely Default. This game is extremely my poo poo and I can tell why it's so highly regarded. The music is wonderful too.

Post your impressions 30 hours in and let's see if they've changed any.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Abu Dave posted:

I just want a pokemon game that auto heals your pokiemon to full health after each fight.

Big Battle facility fan here.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Yokai Watch looks charming from what I can tell of it but is it actually any good as a game or is the play against the CPU a boring no-real-decisions slog like Pokemon is or is it decent

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Post your impressions 30 hours in and let's see if they've changed any.

That is one ominous response... Well I'm enjoying it right now at least.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strange Quark posted:

Big Battle facility fan here.

I don't understand these words :(

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

Yokai Watch looks charming from what I can tell of it but is it actually any good as a game or is the play against the CPU a boring no-real-decisions slog like Pokemon is or is it decent

the boss battles are all right, but actually attempting to catch specific yokai is a massive pain in the rear end. also, the map sucks horrendously so even though there are a ton of fetch quests you can do, just trying to figure out where to go is annoying enough that i'd rather skip doing sidequests and focus on the main storyline. except i don't even feel like playing it anymore, so whatever.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
That sucks, it seems like Japan has been really big in the past few years on like making really well-produced charming games with cool soundtracks and art but gameplay from 1987 like Ni No Kuni.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Abu Dave posted:

I don't understand these words :(

Starting in Gen 3, you got the Battle Tower challenge and its derivatives (Battle Subway, Battle Maison, etc.), which are a series of fights with a full heal in-between.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Strange Quark posted:

Starting in Gen 3, you got the Battle Tower challenge and its derivatives (Battle Subway, Battle Maison, etc.), which are a series of fights with a full heal in-between.

o that's cool you still have to play the rest of the game tho right?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Abu Dave posted:

It only opens up in the postgame, yeah. The straight vanilla battle stuff is pretty boring, tbh, but they haven't brought back the more gimmicky options since Gen 4.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
UK dudes, Pokemon Art Academy for 12GBP: http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-3ds/pokemon-art-academy/10957978.html

Stefan Prodan posted:

That sucks, it seems like Japan has been really big in the past few years on like making really well-produced charming games with cool soundtracks and art but gameplay from 1987 like Ni No Kuni.

Ni no Kuni and Yokai Watch are both Level 5 games, that's no coincidence.

That being said Yokai Watch may be easy most of the time but it's also a children's game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

marauderthirty posted:

That is one ominous response... Well I'm enjoying it right now at least.

just remember that you can turn off random battles should you find yourself in a section of the game you would rather power through.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Abu Dave posted:

You suck so hard, Methodis.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

You suck so hard, Methodis.

I like pokemon but I don't want to waste time running to a pokemon center, sorry.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

its not really the game play core itself. its the side game play at least for me. there a bunch of little "stealth/run missions in yokai watch that suck donkey dick. that map while realy cool and detaled doesnt allow for any way point or custom markers. and i haven't met komasan yet. but then again i am on chapter 6/7.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Abu Dave posted:

you might literally be the worst pokemon player if this is something you request you might actually be the worst ever like of all time ever

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Abu Dave posted:

I like pokemon but I don't want to waste time running to a pokemon center, sorry.

You should play X and Y then because you can get so much loving money you can just buy a ton of healing items and only ever use the Pokemon Center to heal PP or because it's right next to you and free.

Alternatively, don't be bad at video games

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
L

noirstronaut posted:

you might literally be the worst pokemon player if this is something you request you might actually be the worst ever like of all time ever

Last pokemon i played was Heart Gold and it was just annoying and a time waste.

maybe ill try x and y then.

EndTask
Dec 26, 2008

noirstronaut posted:

well if they scaled the difficulty up so that your poo poo gets KOd all the time and added in this autoheal... then the game might be worth playing outside of competitive battling, i think

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Stefan Prodan posted:

Charming, yes. Easy no-real-decisions, yes. The battles are very RPG-lite, but involved enough with its proprietary battle system that it doesn't get too boring til the end, when you're likely overleveled.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

enojy posted:

Charming, yes. Easy no-real-decisions, yes. The battles are very RPG-lite, but involved enough with its proprietary battle system that it doesn't get too boring til the end, when you're likely overleveled.

pretty much. most of your job is tossing food down their gaullets mid fights and pointing out targets for pin point strikes. that and mega moves. its mostly the games atmosphere,characters and humor that keep it going.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Stefan Prodan posted:

It's quite charming and I like the gameplay. It's less about rearing individual monsters and more like assembling a roster for a team--you'll swap out monsters for better versions or more specialized ones depending on the situation. The boss fights tend to require you to have a decent variety of Yokai and you'll need to get smart about shuffling them around and maximizing your damage output in order to beat the later bosses. All of the boss fights are kind of like puzzles that you solve rather than stat checks, so it's a bit more fun that way.

The Yokai designs are actually pretty darn good and I was sorta concerned they'd be too much like Pokemon, but they're really their own thing. There's kind of a very strange sense of humor that gives the game it's own color. It's kind of scatalogical and crude in ways Pokemon never got.

There's a lot of neat systems that a sequel would greatly benefit, so I'm glad it's a franchise that is gaining steam.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

It's quite charming and I like the gameplay. It's less about rearing individual monsters and more like assembling a roster for a team--you'll swap out monsters for better versions or more specialized ones depending on the situation. The boss fights tend to require you to have a decent variety of Yokai and you'll need to get smart about shuffling them around and maximizing your damage output in order to beat the later bosses. All of the boss fights are kind of like puzzles that you solve rather than stat checks, so it's a bit more fun that way.

The Yokai designs are actually pretty darn good and I was sorta concerned they'd be too much like Pokemon, but they're really their own thing. There's kind of a very strange sense of humor that gives the game it's own color. It's kind of scatalogical and crude in ways Pokemon never got.

There's a lot of neat systems that a sequel would greatly benefit, so I'm glad it's a franchise that is gaining steam.

yeah, i just beat a building sized clown daemon with one yokai left. clown titan was blind so i just force fed little komasan rice balls while until the clown daemon died. you are right the boss battles definitely feel more like puzzle game stuff then a Pokemon battle.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
New Bokujou Monogatari/Story Of Seasons/Real Harvest Moon #4335456! http://www.famitsu.com/news/201601/12096993.html

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Pokémon Red and Blue themed New 3DS bundle coming to the U.S. on February 27

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Jarogue posted:

Pokémon Red and Blue themed New 3DS bundle coming to the U.S. on February 27

I regret purchasing the Happy Home bundle immensely