Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Popular Thug Drink posted:

which they won't do, because then they're clearly the aggressor instead of posturing to make themselves the victims of big bad government

Thus why there is no impending need to oust them from a bird refugee center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

which they won't do, because then they're clearly the aggressor instead of posturing to make themselves the victims of big bad government

As with everything else, they have a hosed-up sense of reality. When they end up killing others they see it as their hand having been forced by tyranny. Keep underselling this.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

LeoMarr posted:

Yes stating that planning a raid that won't kill people takes time is equal to claiming that any raid would kill everyone. However denying freedom of movement in the form of roadblock poses the issue of creating a true siege which could be called an insurrection. Doing so justifies the insurrectionists agenda and now puts a true red line that must be crossed. I am sure that all of their movements are being watched via Satellite imaging and drone tech, If they are going in and out of town to get supplies daily then why stop them? If Bundy were to leave the county he would be grabbed immediately. However if they are staying within a miniscule sect of land then they are already blocked in. It's just larger than a roadblock. Bundy or any other ring leader go far enough they are gone. What the FBI is really worried about is them seizing the town. Then you would see a very different approach to the situation at hand.

Honestly, it's looking like a roadblock is needed more to keep other people out than the militants in.

The news stories I posted above talk about how a bunch of different group who actually oppose the Bundy group are going in to try and solve the situation because they don't think the FBI are doing anything at all. On top of that elected officials are going in to talk with the militants and according to one of the stories seem somewhat sympathetic to the cause.

I'm sure the FBI has a great low key plan, but you kinda gotta keep people from loving it up by going in willy-nilly to play diplomacy.

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Crain posted:

Honestly, it's looking like a roadblock is needed more to keep other people out than the militants in.

The news stories I posted above talk about how a bunch of different group who actually oppose the Bundy group are going in to try and solve the situation because they don't think the FBI are doing anything at all. On top of that elected officials are going in to talk with the militants and according to one of the stories seem somewhat sympathetic to the cause.

I'm sure the FBI has a great low key plan, but you kinda gotta keep people from loving it up by going in willy-nilly to play diplomacy.

What are these other groups trying to do? Are they trying to get the Bundy's to leave or do they think the Feds give a poo poo about what they have to say?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

mcclay posted:

What are these other groups trying to do? Are they trying to get the Bundy's to leave or do they think the Feds give a poo poo about what they have to say?

Oregon standoff: Unsolicited help flocks to Burns to 'assist' law enforcement

quote:

BURNS — Law enforcement officials are getting a lot of unsolicited help to end the ongoing armed occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge

When Oregon Rep. Dallas Heard, a Republican from Roseburg, led a convoy of out-of-state elected officials to Burns to meet with the militant protesters on Saturday evening, it was just the latest example of the flood of outsiders who have come here uninvited, ostensibly in an effort to help.

Before Heard, there were the self-styled patriots from Idaho and elsewhere who arrived heavily armed Friday afternoon and Saturday morning to form a "perimeter" around the occupation and deliver lists of resolutions to federal and local law enforcement officials.

And on Friday evening, an unelected "committee of safety" of locals inspired by Revolutionary War rhetoric took on the militants' cause and began organizing around the idea of wresting control of public land from the federal government. Though they once affiliated with Arizona businessman Ammon Bundy, the leader of the militants, they're now trying to get him to leave.

As law enforcement has continued to take a "wait-them-out" approach to the occupation, more and more outsiders – many of them armed – have descended on this remote corner of Eastern Oregon. Many of them are well-meaning and want to help bring the situation to a peaceful resolution. Some are reveling in the international media attention. Others are inspired by the militants and have come to join the protest.

Few, if any, of them have been welcomed with open arms by law enforcement.

"There's armed militia, and they're in our community," said Harney County Judge Steven E. Grasty, frustrated with the attempts by outsiders to speak for local residents or to perform the job of public safety officers.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

LeoMarr posted:

It's the people in here that call for a raid every 30 seconds that really makes me laugh. Bundy And the Sons of Liberty: Armchair FBI Raid Planning Comittee

You guys act like the FBI is just going to raid the place on command. This poo poo takes time to plan and formulate how to not get everyone killed in a fire or gunfight or something else that will fuel further responses. These are B-Team insurrectionists. The true worry is the reaction from actual insurrectionists that have the means of blowing up a real people federal building. If they just go in and gun down everyone there will be a response. Quelling an uprising requires negotiation that a reasonable person could perceive as just but fair.

People who blow up buildings full of innocent people are not reasonable people.

It's pretty obvious a certain few posters in this thread aren't actually reading the thread or following the updates any more though, just posting the same bad faith arguments over and over again.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
There have been three reported groups going to the militants:
1. The 3%ers, they're gone now
2. A group of fiveish elected officials
3. The local "committee of safety", which didn't actually go to the refuge and just had a meeting and press release.

That's it.

Blockading the refuge carries many of the same risks as raiding it. "Keeping people out" still involves guns and force under the eye of media cameras. It's also not particularly physically feasible.

edit:
Here's one of the representatives for the area venting about the occupation/ against the federal government in the House a couple days ago.

transcript here.

edit 2: The Orgonian has also published a great set of militant profiles. Tarp Man is Robert "LaVoy" Finicum.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jan 11, 2016

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Discendo Vox posted:

There have been three reported groups going to the militants:
1. The 3%ers, they're gone now
2. A group of fiveish elected officials
3. The local "committee of safety", which didn't actually go to the refuge and just had a meeting and press release.

That's it.

And the Pacific Patriots and (apparently) locals who have started actually bringing them supplies. You probably got the Pacific Patriots and 3%ers mixed up.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

kartikeya posted:

People who blow up buildings full of innocent people are not reasonable people.

It's pretty obvious a certain few posters in this thread aren't actually reading the thread or following the updates any more though, just posting the same bad faith arguments over and over again.

No. but the general public is made up of reasonable people. Those are the reasonable people that you must have on your side when attempting to stop open revolt like this. You can't just kill everyone, would a Reasonable person find this act by the government against its own citizens as reasonable? However, being captured with reasonable force, Tried and judged in a court of law, and of course civilians not getting caught in the crossfire would be the better option in the people's minds. As with Waco or the MOVE fire, the FBI has a very negative light because of mistakes. Making them now in TYOOL 2015 when Police brutality is a huge issue in the public eye they will have reactionaries crying for them if Women and Children get killed in the process.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Jizz Festival posted:

And the Pacific Patriots and (apparently) locals who have started actually bringing them supplies. You probably got the Pacific Patriots and 3%ers mixed up.

Same leader, same group. 3% Idaho are a subsidiary but in both cases it's Brandon Curtiss's posse.

Jizz Festival
Oct 30, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

Discendo Vox posted:

Same leader, same group. 3% Idaho are a subsidiary but in both cases it's Brandon Curtiss's posse.

Oh well then I mixed them up, I guess. I thought at the beginning the 3% guys were against occupying the building and left after the protest. I guess they changed their minds.

edit: http://www.ktvb.com/story/news/local/2016/01/05/burns-occupation-wildlife-refuge-ranchers/78307890/
Yeah they were at the protest and opposed the occupation. I guess them coming to the compound was just a bad attempt at keeping the peace.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Crain posted:

Or they could actually set up a roadblock?

But, as it looks so far, that is a fantasy, right? They haven't and there's no sign of them doing such, right?

quote:

All at once you seem to:

-Agree that there should be a road block
-Say they shouldn't set up a road block
-Are totally fine with the situation getting worse

Here we go, more "I'll read what I want, gently caress you. Haha I'm awesome"

quote:

Look, I know you're probably super jaded from reading the freeper thread all the time where everyone is bluster and nothing to worry about. But these guys aren't the same as simple freeper users by simple virtue of having actually gone out and done something.

Of course not, they're the next step above. the ones that go out and act tough

quote:

My point of view on this right now is that some sort of presence needs to be shown now in order to make the public image of this kind of action not seem so "safe". The initial right wing political denouncement of this movement, in my opinion, is because most right wingers expected a harsh put down or for the Bundys to quickly get shut down, and no one wanted to be tied to that. But that didn't happen.

The GOP already showed it's willingness to support these guys with the Cliven Bundy ranch standoff (up until he started being vocally racist). Presumably Ammon learned from that. That's what I'm worried about : the right wing narrative of the situation shifting enough that it becomes "safe" enough to show token support for it.

And I'm not pulling all that out of thin air. I have a lot of deep woods, conservative relatives. I regularly go up to a family cabin, in the middle of nowhere WV, to hang out with these guys. Some of my cousins are already starting to say things similar to your "It's just a protest, they're just doing a sit in/squatting." and are voicing some support for the movement after initially calling them yahoos. And since it seems that the FBI isn't going to visibly do anything, I'm afraid that mentality is going to spread.

Oh yes, because every situation is the same and they'll always be treated the same and you know all the legalities in the files on these clowns. Again you're relying on those telepathic fbi powers.

These guys aren't some deep woods, moonshine runnin', Hatfield and McCoy asshats, they're loving ranchers and modern living people playing soldier whose plans are folding and turning into what they don't want.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

LeoMarr posted:

No. but the general public is made up of reasonable people. Those are the reasonable people that you must have on your side when attempting to stop open revolt like this. You can't just kill everyone, would a Reasonable person find this act by the government against its own citizens as reasonable? However, being captured with reasonable force, Tried and judged in a court of law, and of course civilians not getting caught in the crossfire would be the better option in the people's minds. As with Waco or the MOVE fire, the FBI has a very negative light because of mistakes. Making them now in TYOOL 2015 when Police brutality is a huge issue in the public eye they will have reactionaries crying for them if Women and Children get killed in the process.

And I reiterate that I don't think you're actually reading the thread any more, because literally no one is seriously advocating to kill them all, and I've stated a few times now I want this to end with no one killed, and preferably no one hurt. And for that matter, I just went into detail about why it's bad not to restrict their movements because now they are in town and a shootout with civilians in the way is much more likely since they can just go there whenever they feel like. Also, they didn't have women and children with them to start with, but now they do because, again, there's literally no impediment to their activities right now. Which is what I and a number of people have been repeatedly advocating while you and a few posters keep going 'why do you want to kill them all? Gosh!'

Doing nothing, or the appearance of doing nothing, is ridiculous and is making this situation worse. They might have some secret FBI plan up their sleeve, I hope they do, but in the meantime you've got things like the Sheriff and his family being stalked and harassed by gun toting loonies for not going along with their gun toting looniness. This is the same sheriff they've threatened to hang from a lamp post, as a reminder.

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!
I think it's entirely reasonable to believe
  • law enforcement officials know more than we do about the situation
  • there are likely to be informants in the group whose lives and identities will need protection
  • a roadblock may be pointless security theater that might even make it harder to monitor who comes and goes
  • there may be logistical obstacles to getting enough resources in place to handle this properly
  • the feds have considered restricting the area and chosen not to for good reasons instead of stupid ones
  • they're not going to advertise their plans

I'm not saying they aren't loving it up completely, I just don't think we have a way to know that until after the fact.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

kartikeya posted:

And I reiterate that I don't think you're actually reading the thread any more, because literally no one is seriously advocating to kill them all, and I've stated a few times now I want this to end with no one killed, and preferably no one hurt. And for that matter, I just went into detail about why it's bad not to restrict their movements because now they are in town and a shootout with civilians in the way is much more likely since they can just go there whenever they feel like. Also, they didn't have women and children with them to start with, but now they do because, again, there's literally no impediment to their activities right now. Which is what I and a number of people have been repeatedly advocating while you and a few posters keep going 'why do you want to kill them all? Gosh!'

Doing nothing, or the appearance of doing nothing, is ridiculous and is making this situation worse. They might have some secret FBI plan up their sleeve, I hope they do, but in the meantime you've got things like the Sheriff and his family being stalked and harassed by gun toting loonies for not going along with their gun toting looniness. This is the same sheriff they've threatened to hang from a lamp post, as a reminder.

Their movement is already restricted. The FBI is very obviously inside of the town. The ringleaders won't be allowed to leave the county. And they don't need roadblocks to deny them that ability. Letting them into town allows the FBI a wider enclave to blend in with and actively surveil. A 12 boy bandit squad is not that easy to infiltrate, especially if they are entrenched already. Especially if poo poo really starts going down and the town starts either actively leaving or fighting the Militia occupation. This gives them a "We're saving the Women and Children" clause so they can just storm the place and cull the Bundy Family and Friends. However, allowing the idea of freedom lets them be looser. If there's real militia threats that are in play instead of just occupying the bird catchers club house then that will come from knowledge gained inside of the town where most of the other militiamen are quartered.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

SocketWrench posted:

Yeah, they probably should have blocked the place off

SocketWrench posted:

Said this already too (That there should be a road block)
-Agrees that there should be a road block

SocketWrench posted:

It's not that I don't want to prevent them, but since there is no way outside of your sooper dooper FBI control powers to somehow telepathically force the feds to stop them, let them get there and infight all they want, it'll only fragment this bullshit further.
-Say they shouldn't set up a roadblock.

SocketWrench posted:

let them get there and infight all they want, it'll only fragment this bullshit further.
-Are totally fine with the situation getting worse.

I get that most of what you're posting is "this is a non-issue, non-story, these guys are nothing to worry about" and that's fine.

But I don't agree with the complete lack of visible action from Law Enforcement, and it's not looking like the prediction of "they'll just get bored in two weeks and leave" is going to come true. I'm also worrying more about what the next standoff like this is going to be, if some other group sees this and decides it's a good idea to actually try and take on a government office when it's not closed for the holidays.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Crain posted:

But I don't agree with the complete lack of visible action from Law Enforcement, and it's not looking like the prediction of "they'll just get bored in two weeks and leave" is going to come true. I'm also worrying more about what the next standoff like this is going to be, if some other group sees this and decides it's a good idea to actually try and take on a government office when it's not closed for the holidays.

who said two weeks?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

You know, with all the "the truth is somewhere in the middle" articles like this one, I'm almost becoming sympathetic. If this were purely a sit-in protest to get attention for their cause, they probably could have gotten some support from people who until now knew nothing about the situation. But then they start ranting about Agenda 21 and declaring that they're giving land back to the people and they've lost us.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

As a Millennial I posted:

You know, with all the "the truth is somewhere in the middle" articles like this one, I'm almost becoming sympathetic. If this were purely a sit-in protest to get attention for their cause, they probably could have gotten some support from people who until now knew nothing about the situation. But then they start ranting about Agenda 21 and declaring that they're giving land back to the people and they've lost us.

yeah there really isn't much difference between these dudes and your typical OWS protesters except, being ridiculous paranoid backwoodsmen steeped in toxic masculinity, they can't possibly frame their protest without surrounding themselves in a safety blanket of guns and violent rhetoric. the funny part is that so many people take these guys 100% at face value and also buy into their revolutionary rhetoric where the more accurate perspective is pity towards a person who is so wound up in faux military culture that when they go protest something they carry a semi-auto instead of a sign

like this is just how these dudes immediately present themselves as independent persons who are trying to broadcast their opinions. this is how they front as serious and respectable people. it's more comical than it is threatening

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Though unsurprising, the Republican attempt to legitimize the militia's bullshit is really disheartening.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

who said two weeks?

That's roughly how long the Cliven Bundy standoff lasted. From early April to about the 14th when the BLM called off the cattle gathering. Others stayed longer as "protection" though because Bundy was saying he was going to get assassinated.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Talmonis posted:

Though unsurprising, the Republican attempt to legitimize the militia's bullshit is really disheartening.

huh? what are you referring to?

Crain posted:

That's roughly how long the Cliven Bundy standoff lasted. From early April to about the 14th when the BLM called off the cattle gathering. Others stayed longer as "protection" though because Bundy was saying he was going to get assassinated.

what does that have to do with the timeframe for this thing? that one was how long it took the BLM to give up, no?

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

huh? what are you referring to?

what does that have to do with the timeframe for this thing? that one was how long it took the BLM to give up, no?

I just chose it because the Bundy's are still involved :shrug:

Is choosing a timeframe similar to the last time this family pulled something like this, instead of just going XYZ, that big a deal for you?

https://twitter.com/killendave/status/686624800408641536

quote:

Militants will begin taking down fence today, Finicum says at 11am presser #Oregonstandoff

I assume this means the fence surrounding the refuge.

So more destruction of federal property.

Crain fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jan 11, 2016

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

QUOTE not EDIT

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Crain posted:

I just chose it because the Bundy's are still involved :shrug:

Is choosing a timeframe similar to the last time this family pulled something like this, instead of just going XYZ, that big a deal for you?

Well, personally, the two week mark is when I would expect the cracks to START showing, not the point where they'd all be gone. I went to summer camp for two weeks as a kid

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Well, personally, the two week mark is when I would expect the cracks to START showing, not the point where they'd all be gone. I went to summer camp for two weeks as a kid

Difference is you probably managed to pack correctly.

So yeah, there is another Press Briefing today. Ammon Bundy did say they are removing a fence between a local rancher and the refuge land. No one has reported if this was requested or is being done on their own part.
https://twitter.com/AnnaKingN3/status/686638860034375681
https://twitter.com/SimoneReports/status/686643215164833793

Also there seems to be a lot of wilderness and conservation groups present who are also speaking at the presser saying that the Bundys should leave.
https://twitter.com/WandaKTVZ/status/686628744249782272
https://twitter.com/NMWildlife/status/686630247396184067

Ammon Bundy supposedly said that they DID in fact go through federal records at the refuge. No word if that's physical files or if they somehow broke into a computer (given what that one poster said about systems security, it's probably just physical files)

https://twitter.com/WandaKTVZ/status/686627214511583232

Also still looks like quite a media circus.
https://twitter.com/killendave/status/686642998646419456

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The militants are driving federal vehicles all the time now. They've painted over or otherwise obscured government logos on the vehicles.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Apparently the Pacific Patriots Network hasn't actually left. This reporter is saying 15-30 still around Burns:

https://twitter.com/amandapeacher/status/686644782987268097

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

theflyingorc posted:

These guys are having the time of their lives - they get to pose in tacticool on national TV and people are bringing them doughnuts. They're not going anywhere.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Crain posted:

Apparently the Pacific Patriots Network hasn't actually left. This reporter is saying 15-30 still around Burns:

https://twitter.com/amandapeacher/status/686644782987268097

The Bundy duders don't have the authority to tell any other group to leave.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

many johnnys posted:

The Bundy duders don't have the authority to tell any other group to leave.

Yeah, but other posters made it sound like they respected their wishes and left.

I guess they just left the refuge but stayed in town.

Hopefully they're not waiting around in case something "goes down" so they can try and run to the rescue.

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

who said two weeks?

after 14 days they could be visited by a forest officer and fined up to $275. they wouldn't want that to happen, so I'm almost certain they will leave by then

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

Talmonis posted:

I don't see how this is any different from their path over the past 6 years.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Turns out one of the conspiracy theories going around was that one of the local sheriffs was also part of BLM. The Sheriff's office issued a public correction on the matter.

https://twitter.com/HarneyCoSheriff/status/686646793346527232

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Discendo Vox posted:

The militants are driving federal vehicles all the time now. They've painted over or otherwise obscured government logos on the vehicles.

And taking down fences.

gently caress, let's stop pretending. These fuckers got exactly what they wanted: Legitimacy.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Anosmoman posted:

These guys are having the time of their lives - they get to pose in tacticool on national TV and people are bringing them doughnuts. They're not going anywhere.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the news coverage is on a downward slope. As long as nothing keeps happening, cameras aren't going to stay pointed at them.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

LeoMarr posted:

Their movement is already restricted. The FBI is very obviously inside of the town. The ringleaders won't be allowed to leave the county. And they don't need roadblocks to deny them that ability. Letting them into town allows the FBI a wider enclave to blend in with and actively surveil. A 12 boy bandit squad is not that easy to infiltrate, especially if they are entrenched already. Especially if poo poo really starts going down and the town starts either actively leaving or fighting the Militia occupation. This gives them a "We're saving the Women and Children" clause so they can just storm the place and cull the Bundy Family and Friends. However, allowing the idea of freedom lets them be looser. If there's real militia threats that are in play instead of just occupying the bird catchers club house then that will come from knowledge gained inside of the town where most of the other militiamen are quartered.

???

Their movement is restricted because the FBI is there not actually restricting it? I mean, a few of the original militants have left. It doesn't seem as though anything has happened to them, or that they were prevented from leaving. Maybe something will happen in the future, but that's not really what I call 'restricted movement'. That's not what restricted means. You might be going for 'monitored', which is very possible and likely.

Also I...really don't think it's a good idea to wait until people start fleeing town or shooting at these guys to finally do something visible. That, in fact, seems like a bad idea. In fact it seems like one of the worst possible outcomes. It's like some people think that they're not actually doing anything worth interfering with until there is literal blood in the streets.

yeah there really isn't much difference between these dudes and your typical OWS protesters except, being ridiculous paranoid backwoodsmen steeped in toxic masculinity, they can't possibly frame their protest without surrounding themselves in a safety blanket of guns and violent rhetoric. the funny part is that so many people take these guys 100% at face value and also buy into their revolutionary rhetoric where the more accurate perspective is pity towards a person who is so wound up in faux military culture that when they go protest something they carry a semi-auto instead of a sign

like this is just how these dudes immediately present themselves as independent persons who are trying to broadcast their opinions. this is how they front as serious and respectable people. it's more comical than it is threatening

And you're pretty much just trolling now, right? Yes, it's just like an OWS protest except for that whole threatening people with guns and hanging and terrorizing a town and declaring you now own federal land and stealing BLM vehicles, and harassing the sheriff and his family, and nearly provoking a shootout with the FBI and local law enforcement by strolling up to their headquarters in a 'show of force', and preventing people from going back to work, and...

Yes, apart from all of that, it is EXACTLY like an OWS protest. Good job, sir.

More seriously, this is all really easy for you to say when you're not living in Burns having to deal with these fuckwits while, to all appearances, the people you pay to protect you are sitting on their thumbs because they don't want to make the crazy gun people upset.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

theflyingorc posted:

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the news coverage is on a downward slope. As long as nothing keeps happening, cameras aren't going to stay pointed at them.

and? you think they give a poo poo about the "lamestream media"? they'll keep getting attention from where they want attention, the ultra-right wing sphere.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Crain posted:

That's too strong language: Squatting stern protesting loitering. That's it. Loitering.

Loitering also has that hanging around for sex on the down low implication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

theflyingorc posted:

Well that's not what seems to be the case. Things are happening:

• Locked thread