Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Devil Tesla posted:

Just a note for the folks who posted in this thead about how there was nothing good this season, way before anything aired: in the OP right now there's ten full length shows :siren:ed, two shorts :siren:ed, and that doesn't include the cool shows continuing from last season. I know this is all a matter of opinion but come on, y'all always forget that anime is good.

The only thing I'm interested in Is ERASED still. Haven't seen it yet though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

The only thing I'm interested in Is ERASED still. Haven't seen it yet though

ERASED and Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu are the shows I'm really hyped for, good stuff.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wonder if Rakugo is gonna keep having double episodes though. it was kinda funny, i was watching it late amd started to get drowsy at the same time Yota was falling asleep during the Master's performance

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

dogsicle posted:

i wonder if Rakugo is gonna keep having double episodes though. it was kinda funny, i was watching it late amd started to get drowsy at the same time Yota was falling asleep during the Master's performance

Given it has a weekly schedule, I'm guessing that's just a first-episode thing, like with the Ufotable Fate shows. I'd be happy to be wrong, though, if they can keep up the quality with such a punishing schedule.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!

dogsicle posted:

TV guides show it as being a 1h special for the opener, then regular 24m episodes the rest of the series (at least 12 eps).

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

AnimeLab's added a few more simulcasts;

BBK/BRNK, which was kinda interesting, but needs a three-episode test because the first one seemed to be dumping a whole lot of things on the viewer at once. CGI animation was pretty good too.

Dimension W, which I really enjoyed but does indeed need a better budget. The big dimensional gateway thing at the end was pretty drat cool though.

Grimgar; Ashes and Illusions.

updated the op. thanks.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

The first episode of the second season of Snow White was very good. They're setting up a new conflict. Everything in this show is so pretty!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Now that all my shows have aired I can officially say that this season is really good. :buddy:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

darkgray posted:

TV guides show it as being a 1h special for the opener, then regular 24m episodes the rest of the series (at least 12 eps).

thanks!
i figured it might just be a special deal like other double premieres, but with stuff like Katanagatari out there you never know.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

Bahamut was really good if you're looking for template anime bingo material.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

What kind of hentai?

As in, should we be a little more concerned about the protagonist time-travelling back into elementary school?

No, Boku Dake is clean of any fanservice.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

What kind of hentai?

As in, should we be a little more concerned about the protagonist time-travelling back into elementary school?

what the heck, man.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
made a thread for the muv luv anime, it is low effort in case it ends up being another Total Eclipse

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759722

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

GorfZaplen posted:

Was the novel GUARDIANS OF THE FLAME? There's a part where the main character frees slaves while thinking about the national anthem lmao, it was so goofy.

hahaha yep, that's it!

maybe now I will track them down and finished what I started all those years ago (no I won't)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

klapman posted:

made a thread for the muv luv anime, it is low effort in case it ends up being another Total Eclipse

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759722

good job

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Motto posted:

what the heck, man.

Crossbone Gundam left scars, dude.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

hahaha yep, that's it!

maybe now I will track them down and finished what I started all those years ago (no I won't)

after the first book the series was dedicated to their war on slavery and the development of guns. they just flat out refused to do any more epic adventures because some dickhole wizard told them to.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Namtab posted:

good job

really wanted to start my posting career w/ a bang

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Mahou Shoujo Nante Mou Ii Desukara - its a magical girl show but her uniform is a swimsuit XD XD XD no.

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm - im sure the guy who really loves this vn is pleased with the adaptation. i thought it was kinda ok. shockingly little fanservice considering its a vn with the premise of girls in short skirts flying through the air besides when the mc walked into a girl changing, who oddly enough did not appear in the rest of the episode. all the harem personality types are there, cat like girl, ditzy girl, lesbian gamergirl, hot teacher, the rival character is a classic ojousama (no drills but she does the laugh). not entirely sure on who the mc actually is tho? the pink haired girl seems way more important to what happens and she has several scenes where she's the only viewpoint (plus she's the only one who does the sport), while all the dude has is a single disconnected from the show fanservice scene. it uses a lot of chibis. the ojousama made me laugh once

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Namtab posted:

good job
Tbf, Eclipse had a super elaborate OP for what the show ended up being.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Twiddy posted:

Tbf, Eclipse had a super elaborate OP for what the show ended up being.

Good, hype, epic?

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Namtab posted:

Good, hype, epic?
I could feel the Muv Luv fans dying inside week after week as the show went on. It was a fun thread to read.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Twiddy posted:

I could feel the Muv Luv fans dying inside week after week as the show went on. It was a fun thread to read.

It's true, that's how I became a bitter husk of a man

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

There is now a BokuMachi thread for everyone to ruin immediately.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

updated the op. thanks.

Two more;

Dagashi Kashi

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
If we don't have a Dimension W thread by next week, I'll make one myself.

Anyone who feels enterprising, feel free to steal it from me. Just make sure it's good.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Davincie posted:

Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm - im sure the guy who really loves this vn is pleased with the adaptation. i thought it was kinda ok. shockingly little fanservice considering its a vn with the premise of girls in short skirts flying through the air besides when the mc walked into a girl changing, who oddly enough did not appear in the rest of the episode. all the harem personality types are there, cat like girl, ditzy girl, lesbian gamergirl, hot teacher, the rival character is a classic ojousama (no drills but she does the laugh). not entirely sure on who the mc actually is tho? the pink haired girl seems way more important to what happens and she has several scenes where she's the only viewpoint (plus she's the only one who does the sport), while all the dude has is a single disconnected from the show fanservice scene. it uses a lot of chibis. the ojousama made me laugh once

Nah, I don't think pleased is the right word. I'd say I was OK with it but I had some complaints that I kind of saw coming to begin with. VN adaptations are really hard to pull off in general so I'm not particularly surprised.

I wrote more poo poo in the thread if anyone cares to read it. Also, the VN translation has made some significant strides toward completion so there's that for me to be happy about!

Reds
Jun 15, 2015

I sense someone talking about... GUNDAM!
I will probably make a Grimgar thread next week if nobody else does

Oh, and because I didn't post it before and meant to even if it isn't terribly relevant:

Grimgar author posted:

Dragon Quest, Wizardry, Final Fantasy, Megami Tensei, Metal Max, Romancing Saga, Breath of Fire, Live a Live, Chrono Trigger, Arc the Lad, Tactics Ogre, Gensou Suikoden, Tales of Phantasia, Wild Arms, Final Fantasy Tactics, Star Ocean, Mary’s Atelier (the Atelier series), SaGa Frontier, Xenogears, and other roleplaying games for home consoles have always been my saviors.

No MMOs here, just classic console JRPGs.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Reds posted:

Oh, and because I didn't post it before and meant to even if it isn't terribly relevant:

He gets the true gamer seal of approval from me.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

dogsicle posted:

i'm pretty sure it wouldn't be that well-regarded here if it had ~weird fanservice~

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Reds posted:

I've played exactly two of these but they were good and I hope this show stays good too!

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

cathead posted:

Nah, I don't think pleased is the right word. I'd say I was OK with it but I had some complaints that I kind of saw coming to begin with. VN adaptations are really hard to pull off in general so I'm not particularly surprised.

I wrote more poo poo in the thread if anyone cares to read it. Also, the VN translation has made some significant strides toward completion so there's that for me to be happy about!

:(

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

If we don't have a Dimension W thread by next week, I'll make one myself.

Anyone who feels enterprising, feel free to steal it from me. Just make sure it's good.

That was actually the show I'd planned to make a thread for but ended up getting all excited for Rakugo instead so just wanted to say while I had sort of mentioned doing it somewhere at one point I'm not planning to anymore.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Nothing to be :( about, it mostly had first-episode-itis (i.e. trying to cram a bunch of setup in at once) so I feel like they could still improve from here. I just feel like the anime doesn't give the characters enough credit and kind of hams them up unnecessarily.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Does funi have Dagashi Kashi up yet?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

chumbler posted:

Does funi have Dagashi Kashi up yet?

yes

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Yes

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I shall allow the continuing existence of this planet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i'll help

• Locked thread