Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I think what's going on is that he wants to go to Carson where he knows he'd have some control, since Inglewood would mostly be Kroenke's show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Goodell is just saying what the owners want him to say, still bad though.

So if the Chargers move in as co-renters with the Rams, will still they still have to pay a megahuge relocation fee? This thread brought it up but the more I think of it, the more I think that would be a bad decision for the Chargers to move in as a 2nd banana, regardless of market size.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Pro-Rams rally at the coliseum.

those little airplane text things are a lot smaller than i thought

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Best resolution would be no relocation plan gets enough votes and Spanos has to crawl back to San Diego with his hat in his hand for a one year deal at Qualcomm.

No plan gets enough votes because their too busy planning to emergency draft after a meteor hits gilette saturday during the pats - chiefs game.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Volkerball posted:

Yeah, the ones flying over Levis telling Jed to go gently caress himself were surprisingly hard to read.

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Speaking of shitholes...

Santa Barbara is the most exact opposite of a shithole city on the California coast and they work hard to keep the poors and the businesses out to keep it that way.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Eltoasto posted:

Goodell is just saying what the owners want him to say, still bad though.

So if the Chargers move in as co-renters with the Rams, will still they still have to pay a megahuge relocation fee? This thread brought it up but the more I think of it, the more I think that would be a bad decision for the Chargers to move in as a 2nd banana, regardless of market size.

They'll still have to pay the fee.

And they're going to be second banana to whatever team they go with.

They'll be second banana even if they move by themselves.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Spoeank posted:

Santa Barbara is the most exact opposite of a shithole city on the California coast and they work hard to keep the poors and the businesses out to keep it that way.

Santa Barbara sure. Isla vista on the other hand...

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Volkerball posted:

Half the reason they work is because everybody has to ask what they say.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Volkerball posted:

gently caress all of those people

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Ron Jeremy posted:

Best resolution would be no relocation plan gets enough votes and Spanos has to crawl back to San Diego with his hat in his hand for a one year deal at Qualcomm.

And no plan will get done in SD because nobody is gonna vote to subsidize Spanos, so he'll just go to LA one year later.

I think they're gonna try and push for Chargers/Rams in Inglewood. But if they give money to the Raiders then good luck to the next team that tries to extort a city for public money for a new stadium.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Volkerball posted:

FUCKIN PACKED

Dang what's that like 1000 people?

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Yeah, at this point that's really the only plan that sounds like it could get the necessary votes. It sounds like the Spanos/Kroenke issues are more than just a business disagreement but also that Spanos apparently hates Kroenke for a variety of reasons, namely trying to intrude on his perceived turf and circumvent the process by moving quickly into his backyard.

I would assume when all is said and done that this will happen as there is just too much money at stake for both men to not play nice, but the Oakland thing does make it more interesting as I can't imagine the NFL will just cast them off without any help to find a stadium...yet as soon as they do it's going to potentially hurt their leverage with other markets when it comes time for the next public stadium shakedown.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i've seen people claiming that davis and spanos signed a contract as part of their agreement, which precludes spanos from breaking the agreement without davis' approval. if true, and the plan is to do a joint kroenke/spanos stadium in inglewood, davis would have to sign off on it. so the nfl would have to satisfy the raiders before they could get the deal done. i think what they'll end up doing is that a portion of the $1.1 bn provided by the rams and chargers as a relocation fee will be used to help the raiders get a stadium in oakland. then the nfl can say "we still only spent x amount. the rams and chargers spent y amount because of the unique situation which doesn't apply here" during the negotiations with the next city.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Volkerball posted:

i've seen people claiming that davis and spanos signed a contract as part of their agreement, which precludes spanos from breaking the agreement without davis' approval. if true, and the plan is to do a joint kroenke/spanos stadium in inglewood, davis would have to sign off on it. so the nfl would have to satisfy the raiders before they could get the deal done. i think what they'll end up doing is that a portion of the $1.1 bn provided by the rams and chargers as a relocation fee will be used to help the raiders get a stadium in oakland. then the nfl can say "we still only spent x amount. the rams and chargers spent y amount because of the unique situation which doesn't apply here" during the negotiations with the next city.

mark davis has spent 50 years making sure everyone will always underestimate him

he's even shrewder and more ruthless than his dad ever was

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
mark davis is basically bashar al assad.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Couldnt the Chargers stay in SD and just call themselves the LA Charges.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

euphronius posted:

Couldnt the Chargers stay in SD and just call themselves the LA Charges.

As a finance professional, I can say that yes, this Simple Fix would easily result in 2.0x the current Chargers valuation, which is Dean's ultimate goal anyway. It worked for the Angels!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i'm like 4 hours north of st louis and i only get nfc north games lol.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Volkerball posted:

i'm like 4 hours north of st louis and i only get nfc north games lol.

I mean that would put you in Bears territory.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

the LA committee is meeting at 6pm CST tonight to discuss a Spanos-Kroenke partnership

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

excellent, now let the meteor come

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Volkerball posted:

They can add some amendment about extra stadium money when moving from 50 year old dual purpose stadiums.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Davis just went Kroenke on the city of Oakland and Spanos told USA today he has no interest in Inglewood. lol. Buckle in, these next 24-48 hours are going to be crazy.

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 12, 2016

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Raiders to SD, calling it

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Davis just went Kroenke on the city of Oakland and Spanos told USA today he has no interest in Inglewood. lol. Buckle in, these next 24-48 hours are going to be crazy.

Buckle up buckaroos

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Lol.

Mark Davis Heel Turn

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Ross Angeles posted:

Lol.

Mark Davis Heel Turn

Mark Davis rules

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
There's no chance St. Louis comes out on top when the dust settles. We're hosed

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
On the other hand, it will be nice to have my Sundays to myself.

There's no way Dean doesn't try to block any other team going to San Diego.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

This is going to happen anyway, with or without Davis needing to be appeased from some contract. It will be the Raiders' consolation prize from the NFL.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Ramadu posted:

Mark Davis rules

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012

Ramadu posted:

Mark Davis rules

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

HOUSTON – Oakland should not be an NFL city, the Raiders recently told top league officials and owners, maintaining during the relocation process that the future of the market for both the franchise and the league has been irrevocably damaged by Oakland and Alameda County politicians, the Orange County Register has learned.

While praising the team’s fan base, Raiders officials in recent days told NFL officials and owners that city and county officials intentionally stalled in negotiations, admitted to acting in bad faith, making false promises and lying.

The political practices and lack of support by local officials, Raiders officials told the NFL, have left the team in a stadium in disrepair, last in the league in key financial categories and Oakland no longer a viable NFL market.

Arguing that no NFL team could exist in Oakland in the current market and political climate, the Raiders are asking the league’s owners to approve their relocation with the Chargers to a $1.75 billion stadium in Carson.

Rest of the argument here.

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/raiders-699445-league-officials.html

nobody puts baby in the corner. :getin:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Santa Barbara sure. Isla vista on the other hand...

On one hand you have a point on the other hand gently caress you go Gauchos. Olé, motherfuckers.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

b-minus1 posted:

There's no chance St. Louis comes out on top when the dust settles. We're hosed

such bullshit

St. Louis makes a strong attempt to keep the Rams and it doesn't even loving matter

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Goodbye Chargers, and honestly, good loving riddance. So long as the Spanos family owns the Chargers, I doubt they will ever see a ring.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

A White Guy posted:

Goodbye Chargers, and honestly, good loving riddance. So long as the Spanos family owns the Chargers, I doubt they will ever see a ring.

For the Spanos family, a good season is how profitable they were and how their net worth went up. Wins are a nice side bonus.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I wish the meetings were streamed

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Raiders to SD, calling it

Ross's nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

chupacabraTERROR posted:

For the Spanos family, a good season is how profitable they were and how their net worth went up. Wins are a nice side bonus.

Cards would be this way still if Michael Bidwill hadn't taken over the team, Bill gave no fucks about winning.

The sweetheart stadium deal that Bill whined for and got is also having solvency problems because of lower tax revenues from depressed tourism. And it only cost $450M.

• Locked thread