Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Panty Saluter posted:

Invest in some competent project management at Bethesda

One of those autism facial expression charts and some kind of "already said that line" table for the npcs would really go a long way over there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
we live in a world where the government happily peddles hope and the illusion of safety security and happiness that actual winning brings, without any effort to actually make it happen so it ends up as an extremely regressive tax on people who can least afford it - those in dire straits already

so loving depressing

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I'm gonna win the lottery and buy a boat and a 4 wheeler

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Bhodi posted:

we live in a world where the government happily peddles hope and the illusion of safety security and happiness that actual winning brings, without any effort to actually make it happen so it ends up as an extremely regressive tax on people who can least afford it - those in dire straits already

so loving depressing

here's another good article about his life as a gas station cashier. i wish he'd write more http://www.vice.com/read/an-exhausting-day-in-the-life-of-a-gas-station-employee-456

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

PokeJoe posted:

I'm gonna win the lottery and buy a boat and a 4 wheeler

You could spend $50k per day and have money for 72 years and that's if you keep it as cash in a mattress without any interest

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

in that case I'll get 2 4-wheelers

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

maniacdevnull posted:

You could spend $50k per day and have money for 72 years and that's if you keep it as cash in a mattress without any interest

what if I buy Serta, how many mattresses could I store my remaining money under?

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

how many mattresses would i have if i spent all of it on mattresses? how tall would the mattress mountain be?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bloody posted:

how many mattresses would i have if i spent all of it on mattresses? how tall would the mattress mountain be?

put it into wolfram alpha spergmaster flash. bitch.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

he's right

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
didn't some australian group literally buy every number for some american state lotto and win it because they did the math and it worked out?

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
it's common, the risk isn't that you'd win it, is if someone else got the numbers and they had to split the pot you'd end up a net loss

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

also it doesnt work because you have to buy them in person in cash and lol good luck buying 300 million lotto tickets in person

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Bhodi posted:

it's common, the risk isn't that you'd win it, is if someone else got the numbers and they had to split the pot you'd end up a net loss

Yeah

I normally buy a ticket when it's huge like this (yeah yeah yeah) and I'd pick retired Orioles numbers. Then it dawned on me that even if it hit I'd have to split it with a bunch of people who all had the same dumb idea

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Your winning numbers, 4 5 8 20 22 33 *remaining half of Baltimore is burned is the ground*

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
if i could prognosticate the lotto numbers i'd announce them at a sporting event like the cool uncle vagrant from step-by-step did in that one episode that we all remember

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Yeah but what video game company would you invest in?

CD Projekt Red

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ADINSX posted:

my parents emailed me to remind me to get powerball tickets because the jackpot is so high

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

Your winning numbers, 4 5 8 20 22 33 *remaining half of Baltimore is burned is the ground*

gently caress you Baltimore owns

craisins
May 17, 2004

A DRIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!
do you think there are still people who play the numbers from LOST in the lotto?

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
i only watch the DC affiliate stations, because i don't want to associate with ~baltimore~

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I don't even own a TV

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
I own 5 tvs

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Wild EEPROM posted:

I own 5 tvs

how much p/w on rent to own?

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

how much p/w on rent to own?

Not too bad at all, if I just pay every week on time i'll own them outright in 3 years

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
yep. there's nothing like a vizio brand television

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

The 50" vizio smart tv is only 26 bucks weekly for 3 years

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

The SA forums are blocked at work under the 'tasteless' category, but I just browse the forums on my phone anyways

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
for my powerball numbers I just do all of my kids ages

1, 3, 9, 21, 37 and my special needs one is my bonus number of 44

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Beast of Bourbon posted:

for my powerball numbers I just do all of my kids ages

1, 3, 9, 21, 37 and my special needs one is my bonus number of 44

i always say i have three kids, little billy and jane and also my husband!!!!

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
I bought a 1.2kg bag of M&Ms

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I bought a 1.2kg bag of M&Ms

i measure bulk american chocolate candy in kilograms

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i make six figures but in non american money

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

BONGHITZ posted:

Kick the poo poo out of this euro-haver!

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

BONGHITZ posted:

I Love Another Country I've Never Visited But Surely (France/Japan/Germany/Finland) Will Understand Me

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
* buys exercise machine *
* leaves it to collect dust in basement after 2 weeks *

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
This is soooooo funny XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.
I don't have to wait for Uncle Sam, the cash advance/tax place will give me my refund now!

see you at rent a center, we're watching the super bowl on a big freaking screen

• Locked thread