Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Alabaster White posted:

I can usually blast their heads off (with a grenade or two to soften them up, of course) on Hard/Suicidal, even at LV14. I just don't understand whatever AI routine causes them to stay in aggressive mode permanently, and that's a guaranteed death sentence. Guess I'll just do the harder modes as Support cause the AA12 takes them out no problem.

If there are ~5 or less enemies left, they all permanently rage, which is to say they move faster and seem to work harder at loving your poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

QwertySanchez posted:

Hey Dev guys, can we please get it sorted out so when you're selling one of a pair of guns, the remaining gun doesn't move in your list. It's getting frustrating how many times I've accidentally sold the deagle or magnum I just bought because I was selling two of a smaller gun to make room and oh it moved to the top and there goes my magnum, looks like I'm doing this entire wave with a single tier one pistol.

More importantly can we fix it so buying a dual pistol when you already have one doesn't move your ammo to half? I'm a bit peeved at having max or near-max ammo with a single pistol, buying a dualie and dropping from, say, 98 rounds to 49.

Alteisen posted:

Finally fought patty for the first time.

He killed us all. :v:

Poor Toaster, stops to kill a bloat and eats a patty missile for his troubles.

poo poo happens yo.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Support is the first one I've leveled to 25 and it's ridiculously good starting at about 10. Even their badwrong gun, the M4, can be used to headshot at range.

That brings me to a bit of an effortpost...

Fix demolitionist. Right now on Hard it's more effective for me to go to Support and use demo weapons with that, because I get:

The ability to use both an m40 and the RPG-7 aka what the Demo should have, why doesn't the Demo have this?
+50 health, free ammo for allies
Way better grenades (how is it loving possible to have better nades than the demo)

In totality, this is better than anything the Demo ever gets, and because level 0 demo weapons can splatter trash in 1 hit, there's almost no downside (because Demo is terrible at fighting scrakes, FPs, and bosses anyway).

Other things:

-Zed time actually makes it harder to land headshots with Commando and Gunslinger, the things they are supposed to do. Good thing Commando can extend Zed time! :downs: These classes should be using hitscan during Zed time by default. Being actually effective at your job shouldn't be a level 25 unlock on Commando, ffs.

-Please fix zeds hopping over barriers and becoming impossible to hit. This is more an issue on custom maps but the way it's implemented is awful.

-----

Other than that, I'm amazed at how many pubbies try to Rambo the levels, even on maps that are just giant cubes where you have line of sight to everything.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Way better grenades (how is it loving possible to have better nades than the demo)

I don't see Support stunning Fleshpounds with his grenades. :colbert:

The stun chance could be a little higher though (anyone know the exact figure?). It's a sad day when you hit a FP with 3 1/2 sticks and not a one stuns it before it pounds your face in.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Flipswitch posted:

I had someone rag on me in a game for picking support saying it's a poo poo class. But I like my boomsticks damnit.

That's pretty funny considering Support is probably the most versatile class in terms of dealing with big zeds/trash, and basically the king of clearing hallways.

Also gently caress pubbies, play whatever you want :feelsgood:

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Jan 12, 2016

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Support has always been good even in KF1.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Fix demolitionist.

An innate carry weight boost would help a LOT. 1 weight + 1 weight/5 levels would let you lug around all your explosives instead of just having one and running out of ammo halfway through the wave. A revolving grenade launcher, or explosive round rifle, or ANYTHING besides a single shot explosive weapon would help a lot, just to provide any amount of per-wave presence, or something to deal with explosive-resistant enemies.

Also, gently caress dynamite. Where are my sticky bombs?

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

LuciferMorningstar posted:

Pubbies are dumber than a box of rocks.

Don't solo with Commando unless you've got aimbot-level shooting skills and can just headshot the Pound. For reference, a one-man HoE Pound has 812 "head health" and 2325 "body health." Pounds also have a 50% damage resistance against basically everything except explosions and piercing (bullets aren't piercing-type damage). Max-level Commando can hit for 75 damage per bullet with the SCAR. You do the math.

If it's solo, the game usually only throws 1 or 2 pounds at you per wave, and Commando's grenades are actually really good for damaging fleshpounds. With the low HP on solo, Fleshpounds and Scrakes become not too hard to kill as a commando long as you plan for it.

also yeah gently caress it i'm just gonna alternate capitalization on two different words good post

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Basically I think the meta goes like this for class tiers of goodness:

Berserker. Get the most kills in almost any game/map, strong against every enemy in the game, a pro zerker is flat-out necessary to kill Hans right now. Has a bunch of ranged stuff that no one ever uses.

Medic - Gunslinger. You pretty much need a Medic on Suicidal+ or don't even bother. Pretty much the only class you will be yelled at for being poo poo at. Gunslinger on the other hand is like Commando except insanely good. Massive DPS, all their weapons are godly and ridiculously cheap. Pretty much never run out of ammo. Gunslinger's perks are kind of dumb, but that's a problem that almost every class has.

Support - Firebug. Really good classes, but currently dogmeat against Hans because you can't not get into his melee proc range. Playing support is a very low-skill affair, get the boomstick and save the AA-12 for magdumping fleshpounds and scrakes. Sometimes the spread on shotguns seems super buggy (missing dudes completely from 10 feet away).

Demolitionist. A guy with a rocket launcher who is bad at killing big guys and bosses. As discussed, it is better to slum it as another class with demo weapons than actually play demo.

Commando. Bad at its job in numerous inventive ways to be bad, almost impossible to get good DPS unless you aimbot. In my opinion not even very fun to use, unlike demo.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I would actually say that demo is better all-around than Firebug, but you need to do some seriously unfun ammo conservation to make it work. But being able to completely shut down even double Fleshpounds is invaluable and demo can actually help handle Scrakes, but you need to be good at landing rocket launcher headshots. From my experience, at least on suicidal, it's safer to take down a scrake as demo than firebug, just because of how ridiculous impact damage headshots are.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Commando. Bad at its job in numerous inventive ways to be bad, almost impossible to get good DPS unless you aimbot. In my opinion not even very fun to use, unlike demo.

yo uare so wrong on commando.
It has it's role. Long range trash, and mid teir ZED killer.
Lots of gun flexibility.
Not a big guy killer but that's not it's role.
Also ZED time extensions rule.
you dont "get" Commando

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

No way, Demolitions is way worse. Commando is great once you realize the secret is to use single-fire mode only and snipe poo poo. Plus that sweet, sweet Backup perk for 1-bullet pistol headshots... I find myself being a better Gunslinger than a Gunslinger playing as Commando. Scrakes seem bizarrely weak to automatic fire, too.

I'd rank Support as #1 class just because the AA12 is completely overpowered (it totally tears through Hans if you can aim well and he's distracted) and you get ultra-grenades, but maybe I don't understand how to use Berserker properly.

Firebug is... okay? Flamethrower kicks rear end and eats through trash at unparalleled speeds, but really struggles against bosses and big zeds. Even the supposedly effective Microwave Gun isn't great against them.

Medic can't really be judged on the same merits as the others. It's the most USEFUL class, the grenades are great, and you have pretty much every weapon type you could want, but since every other class is judged on 'kills stuff good or not', Medic is the obvious black sheep.

Gunslinger is apparently amazing but I can't get a handle for it. I can aim like magic with the dual 9mms but using Gunslinger pistols throws me way off for some reason.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jan 12, 2016

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Berserker. Get the most kills in almost any game/map, strong against every enemy in the game, a pro zerker is flat-out necessary to kill Hans right now. Has a bunch of ranged stuff that no one ever uses.

Medic - Gunslinger. You pretty much need a Medic on Suicidal+ or don't even bother. Pretty much the only class you will be yelled at for being poo poo at. Gunslinger on the other hand is like Commando except insanely good. Massive DPS, all their weapons are godly and ridiculously cheap. Pretty much never run out of ammo. Gunslinger's perks are kind of dumb, but that's a problem that almost every class has.

Support - Firebug. Really good classes, but currently dogmeat against Hans because you can't not get into his melee proc range. Playing support is a very low-skill affair, get the boomstick and save the AA-12 for magdumping fleshpounds and scrakes. Sometimes the spread on shotguns seems super buggy (missing dudes completely from 10 feet away).

Demolitionist. A guy with a rocket launcher who is bad at killing big guys and bosses. As discussed, it is better to slum it as another class with demo weapons than actually play demo.

The solution to this is to nerf zerker obviously.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Alabaster White posted:

No way, Demolitions is way worse. Commando is great once you realize the secret is to use single-fire mode only and snipe poo poo. Plus that sweet, sweet Backup perk for 1-bullet pistol headshots... I find myself being a better Gunslinger than a Gunslinger playing as Commando.
I'd rank Support as #1 class just because the AA12 is completely overpowered (it totally tears through Hans if you can aim well and he's distracted) and you get ultra-grenades, but maybe I don't understand how to use Berserker properly.
back up perk is good for early waves then switch by wave 4 for when the big guys show up.
I dont even go single shot perk because by level 20 head shots should be second nature. Go full auto boost for taking down big guys.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

nerf every class and give hans their perks

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Buff Patriarch to be as good as Hans :unsmigghh:

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Remove all classes, make only available class :negative: - replaces weapons and explosives with exclusive set of frowning animations.

At level 20 you unlock the skill to cower on the floor and lament the crushing weight of existence.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

She Bangs the Drums posted:

Lots of gun flexibility.
you dont "get" Commando

If you are not good at killing big guys you are a bad class, end of story. This is the only thing that really matters in this game, because no one is bad at clearing trash.

I guess Commando would be OK if gunslinger didn't exist. They are the exact same role except gunslinger is better at all of it.

quote:

Gunslinger is apparently amazing but I can't get a handle for it. I can aim like magic with the dual 9mms but using Gunslinger pistols throws me way off for some reason.

Well for starters everyone should turn on the recticle, and thereby never use ironsights, which are effectively a trap option in this game.

Several gunslinger perks are meh (shoot 'n scoot, lol) but it's so hilariously better than the Commando at everything.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Support is the first one I've leveled to 25 and it's ridiculously good starting at about 10. Even their badwrong gun, the M4, can be used to headshot at range.

That brings me to a bit of an effortpost...

Fix demolitionist. Right now on Hard it's more effective for me to go to Support and use demo weapons with that, because I get:

The ability to use both an m40 and the RPG-7 aka what the Demo should have, why doesn't the Demo have this?
+50 health, free ammo for allies

In totality, this is better than anything the Demo ever gets, and because level 0 demo weapons can splatter trash in 1 hit, there's almost no downside (because Demo is terrible at fighting scrakes, FPs, and bosses anyway).

Other things:

-Zed time actually makes it harder to land headshots with Commando and Gunslinger, the things they are supposed to do. Good thing Commando can extend Zed time! :downs: These classes should be using hitscan during Zed time by default. Being actually effective at your job shouldn't be a level 25 unlock on Commando, ffs.

-Please fix zeds hopping over barriers and becoming impossible to hit. This is more an issue on custom maps but the way it's implemented is awful.

-----

Other than that, I'm amazed at how many pubbies try to Rambo the levels, even on maps that are just giant cubes where you have line of sight to everything.

You forgot to mention that they really should remove Zeds being able to teleport, or at least change it so they can't teleport through closed/sealed doors or within a certain distance of any Player

EmpyreanFlux
Mar 1, 2013

The AUDACITY! The IMPUDENCE! The unabated NERVE!

Lots of gun flexibility.
you dont "get" Commando

Gunslinger is quite a bit better at this role, seriously the Commando looks like gimmicky trash in comparison.

Alabaster White posted:

Commando is great once you realize the secret is to use single-fire mode only and snipe poo poo. Plus that sweet, sweet Backup perk for 1-bullet pistol headshots

AKA a poor mans Sharpshooter.

You could remove Commando from the game and it wouldn't be less for it, and that's the sign of a really bad class on a fundamental level.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

If you are not good at killing big guys you are a bad class, end of story. This is the only thing that really matters in this game, because no one is bad at clearing trash.

While I do agree that the commando is poo poo compared to gunslinger, I can't really agree with this assessment entirely, you always need at least one guy focusing on trash while everyone handles the big guys otherwise WAY to much small poo poo can get in which can lead to a wipe or a number of dead players.

I know I can do my job better as a zerk in handling scrakes and fleshpounds when I know I don't have to worry about getting snagged on a crawler or a loving stalker when backing up.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Remove all classes, make only available class :negative: - replaces weapons and explosives with exclusive set of frowning animations.

At level 20 you unlock the skill to cower on the floor and lament the crushing weight of existence.

Killing Floor 2: Millennial Edition

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

I guess Commando would be OK if gunslinger didn't exist. They are the exact same role except gunslinger is better at all of it.

Well for starters everyone should turn on the recticle, and thereby never use ironsights, which are effectively a trap option in this game.

Several gunslinger perks are meh (shoot 'n scoot, lol) but it's so hilariously better than the Commando at everything.

a good Commando at level 20 plus can kill big guys, it just takes time and huge amount of ammo.
All classes have roles to fill. not to mention each class plays different.
It's fine if you don't like playing Commando.
But just because you don't like it doesn't make it trash.
also Commando skills actually help everyone else. whether its call out or helping everyone reload faster and the ZED time extensions.
Personally I don't like gunslinger because it doesn't have the range advantage or the health buff Commando gets. not mention you are always loving reloading.
That being said Commando isnt perfect. It really needs a reduced recoil buff like KF1 to make killing big guys easier.

She Bangs the Drums fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 12, 2016

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008
In my opinion what Demo really needs is extra ammo (24 rounds for the m79, 30+ for the grenade pistol, some extra dynamite grenades), a reload speed bonus built into the perk since all the weapons are single-shot, and maybe a buff on C4 by making the damage reduction cooldown a blanket % for so many seconds instead of an exponentially reductive thing. Seriously, I have to run up and throw them or place them somewhere and manually detonate them IN THE ORDER I PLACED THEM this isn't KF1 levels of "place 3 pipebombs in the back of every doorway and laugh as FPs disintegrate".

Having a weapon like the M4203 in KF1 would be nice for trash but I get the feeling something like that will come about when Tripwire starts focusing on alternative weapons after the main game is done. Now that Gunslinger's out using a D.Eagle does the job fine though, and mix-and-matching was part of KF1 for the longest time so I can't get too worked up over it.

Being able to carry the RPG and m79 together would be nice but I can't see Tripwire doing that. They should at least reduce the grenade pistol weight to 3 (so you can carry the RPG and a gunslinger pistol with it) because it's the heaviest pistol in the game and the only thing it's good at is one-shotting sirens which doesn't redeem it in any way. Seriously they could make it weigh 1 like the medic pistol and I can't see anyone taking it just to fill out their inventory.

Oh yeah and a fix with the RPG and latency. I've had several experiences (especially in zed time) where I aim my RPG and the shot goes over all the zeds' heads or the weapon fires, the grenade vanishes, the sound procs, but it didn't actually fire and now I have an invisible RPG grenade.

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 12, 2016

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Commando is one of those classes where if you have a good commando on your team you'll do really well and not be sure why exactly until you get a five-minute long zed time and go "oh yeah" and then at the scoreboard they have 300 kills, all of which are trash enemies that weren't murdering you while you faced down a double pound.

I can definitely tell when we're playing with A Good Commando vs no commando/a bad one, but you have to experience both to really figure it out. It's not as obvious as a firebug lighting everything on fire or whatever but the class can do some good work until it runs out of the arbitrarily low ammo count per gun.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Psion posted:

Commando is one of those classes where if you have a good commando on your team you'll do really well and not be sure why exactly until you get a five-minute long zed time and go "oh yeah" and then at the scoreboard they have 300 kills, all of which are trash enemies that weren't murdering you while you faced down a double pound.

I can definitely tell when we're playing with A Good Commando vs no commando/a bad one, but you have to experience both to really figure it out. It's not as obvious as a firebug lighting everything on fire or whatever but the class can do some good work until it runs out of the arbitrarily low ammo count per gun.

As long as you single fire your Commando guns I doubt you'll run out of ammo on difficulties below Suicidal.

Lately I play just Hard because there's very little XP incentive to Suicidal and at Suicidal and above you get a lot of tryhard players getting into slapfights with people just trying to enjoy themselves.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
What's a good perk level to start trying out suicidal? I'm at 11-12 with all perks now and was thinking of going for at least 15 before going above hard.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

As long as you single fire your Commando guns I doubt you'll run out of ammo on difficulties below Suicidal.

Lately I play just Hard because there's very little XP incentive to Suicidal and at Suicidal and above you get a lot of tryhard players getting into slapfights with people just trying to enjoy themselves.

Which is why I miss the Bullpup having all of the bullets (you know, along with all the other ammo nerfs on Commando. And loving LOL 9mm nerf).

I wanna loving use full auto as more than just an "Oh poo poo" toggle on the big guys without completely loving myself over because I decided spray and pray for five seconds on some sirens with a dozen clots in front of them. Because I'm not a loving aimbot like most people actually "Good" at this game past hard.

As it is full auto may as well not exist for me most of any given wave, and the AK is basically "Haha no I don't want to try and feather the full auto setting for single shots while a dozen things are dive rolling at me what the gently caress" so I hardly touch it until the boss wave. AK/SCAR is cool but also asking yourself which small pool of expensive ammo you want to throw in the garbage on trash.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jan 12, 2016

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Laputanmachine posted:

What's a good perk level to start trying out suicidal? I'm at 11-12 with all perks now and was thinking of going for at least 15 before going above hard.

There's a good chance someone will try to votekick you if you are below 20.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

You guys really go to some lovely servers, the random pubbies I play with are usually really chill. Only problem players I've dealt with were level 25 dudes who clearly boosted their level and kept getting their asses kicked on hard, none of that try hard bullshit. Maybe it is a regional thing.

If you've put enough playtime to get every single perk to their tens then you've got more than enough competence to handle yourself on suicidal, be it solo or multiplayer.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Laputanmachine posted:

pretty much any of them. Well, maybe not demo.

zerker gets a good ability at 20 but you don't Literally Need It to survive (it's real nice though) and support, firebug, commando, fine. I don't play medic enough to say one way or the other but a competent medic at 0 is worth it over a poo poo medic at 25, so...be a good medic :v:

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames
I have only been votekicked once in this game and it was some douchebags that didn't want people using Voice chat?!
I can see people votekicking for level on HoE but it shouldnt be an issue on Suicidal. Not if you are over level 10 and play somewhat well.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

I don't play medic enough to say one way or the other but a competent medic at 0 is worth it over a poo poo medic at 25, so...be a good medic :v:

The critical thing with Medic is that, at higher levels, your darts recharge faster. Eventually, it becomes more efficient to just let your rifle's darts recharge than it is to switch weapons (since it takes all of a second).

If people haven't done this already, though, switch from Armament to Combatant. Combatant will save you tons of money on armor, and Armament is basically actively hindering your efforts as a medic at this point in time.

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

The critical thing with Medic is that, at higher levels, your darts recharge faster. Eventually, it becomes more efficient to just let your rifle's darts recharge than it is to switch weapons (since it takes all of a second).

If people haven't done this already, though, switch from Armament to Combatant. Combatant will save you tons of money on armor, and Armament is basically actively hindering your efforts as a medic at this point in time.

true.
With Medics regen and armor bonuses and grenades they make a good back up tank when poo poo goes south with the big guys

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Ahahaha did they fix the bugs on Farmhouse by just cutting off the portion of the map behind the house?

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Laputanmachine posted:

If you're playing with a cool team and most everyone else knows what they're doing you should be fine at 15 as long as you know what you're doing as well. Plenty of people play Suicidal under level 15 but plenty of them are idiots too.

Ahahaha did they fix the bugs on Farmhouse by just cutting off the portion of the map behind the house?

I've been avoiding playing Farmhouse because of the crashing bug but if that's true it's hilarious.

Abandoned Toaster fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 13, 2016

She Bangs the Drums
Oct 17, 2009

by VideoGames

Abandoned Toaster posted:

If you're playing with a cool team and most everyone else knows what they're doing you should be fine at 15 as long as you know what you're doing as well. Plenty of people play Suicidal under level 15 but plenty of them are idiots too.

I've been avoiding playing Farmhouse because of the crashing bug but if that's true it's hilarious.

crashing bug was fixed months ago.
Farmhouse is a hella sweet map. Try it out

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

Abandoned Toaster posted:

It looks like they cut out the backyard, and added space behind and to the side of the barn. Either that, or I'm going crazy.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

You're half right. At high levels, your gun's syringes recharges to one shot after firing a full "magazine" using the shotgun and assault rifle. At level 25, the optimal method is to fire your three shots with the assault rifle, fire another when it recharges, switch to the shotgun, fire its two shots, fire another when that recharges, then switch back to the assault rifle, rinse and repeat.

It'll kill your wrist if you haven't rebound alt fire from the mouse wheel, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

crashing bug was fixed months ago.
Farmhouse is a hella sweet map. Try it out

man the map itself didn't even come out "months" ago, no need to exaggerate here