Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Khazar-khum posted:

Crowning Moment of Awesome. Which is where this was lurking:

This is one I've never seen before, and it was beautiful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Tracula posted:

Can someone with a sexy voice do a dramatic reading of some of these things?

Some of these really do need to be forwarded to F Plus.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

No one clapped, never happened

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Heh I remember that story but had forgotten the Italian cheese and tomato bread part

:laffo:

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Fathis Munk posted:

Heh I remember that story but had forgotten the Italian cheese and tomato bread part

:laffo:

Yeah, what is that, a dig at people who like pizza? Or was the writer just looking in a thesaurus anytime she repeated a word? Oh well, at least in this fat fantasy, no one was assaulted.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

cash crab posted:

This poo poo is like a thousand levels of bad, and it makes me want to punch something.

Here's what probably happened (if any of this happened, the hardest part to accept might be a fat activist actually going to the gym): large girl with body image issues is using the elliptical on a low setting when she sees a fit or not-fat attractive girl eating a slice of pizza next to some mirrors. There's maybe an attractive dude with a beard somewhere.

The only true part of this story is that she later attended the pizza party.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Tracula posted:

Can someone with a sexy voice do a dramatic reading of some of these things?

cash crab posted:

Eh, gave that one a whirl. Disclaimer: my voice may not in fact be all that sexy.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Verisimilidude posted:

This poo poo is like a thousand levels of bad, and it makes me want to punch something.

Here's what probably happened (if any of this happened, the hardest part to accept might be a fat activist actually going to the gym): large girl with body image issues is using the elliptical on a low setting when she sees a fit or not-fat attractive girl eating a slice of pizza next to some mirrors. There's maybe an attractive dude with a beard somewhere.

The only true part of this story is that she later attended the pizza party.

Here's what probably happened, large girl is using the elliptical when she sees a fit girl at the gym and then her imagination goes into over drive.

Other than Planet Fitness, at what gym would you see pizza; and what truly fit person would ever use Planet Fitness?

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Paladinus posted:

Eh, gave that one a whirl. Disclaimer: my voice may not in fact be all that sexy.

Not sexy at all. Could not keep an erection.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

Here's what probably happened, large girl is using the elliptical when she sees a fit girl at the gym and then her imagination goes into over drive.

Other than Planet Fitness, at what gym would you see pizza; and what truly fit person would ever use Planet Fitness?

My fire fighter friend goes to a planet fitness because it's ten bucks a month and everyone is too afraid to lift weights

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Zelder posted:

My fire fighter friend goes to a planet fitness because it's ten bucks a month and everyone is too afraid to lift weights

He is probably representative of 3% or less of PF users.

How careful does he have to be to avoid the Lunk Alarm being hit?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Non Serviam posted:

Not sexy at all. Could not keep an erection.

Disagree

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

tl;dr: :happened:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

^^^: What an epic humblebrag

Paladinus posted:

I loving love this. It sounds like you're reading this in a smoking jacket in front of a fire and a large book.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I'm sure that exceptional musician, mathematician and advanced learner is doing great things with their vast intelligence these days.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I like the idea that this women stood there mocking her for 15 mintues. These writers are always really bad at showing units of time.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

OldMemes posted:

I like the idea that this women stood there mocking her for 15 mintues. These writers are always really bad at showing units of time.

I think it's because the longer the STDHer wallows in suffering, the more epic their comeback seems, and thus the louder the applause from the crowd of bystanders. Suffer long enough, and you get to marry Albert Einstein.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Paladinus posted:

I imagined it with a lot more heavy breathing but good job. The hash tag fade out was a perfect ending.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010
So was the guy like 9 feet tall since they could see his head behind a vending machine without seeing his body?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Paladinus posted:

:golfclap: You sound like Finnish Ricky Gervais or something. What an unplaceable accent.

Electrical Fire posted:

So was the guy like 9 feet tall since they could see his head behind a vending machine without seeing his body?

This reminded me of the infamous ZerglingMinor picture. :smith:

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Paladinus posted:

Genre(s): Homestuck
I stood up and clapped after hearing that, good job :toot:

fliptophead
Oct 2, 2006
I just like the fact he was hiding behind a vending machine in the middle of a gym that serves pizza. He must be super skinny! And tall as pointed out.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Paladinus posted:

Thank you :allears:

Two things about that story.
1. At Planet Fitness I know it's a "judgement free zone" so the second you call someone fat you're out the loving door.
2. Anyone who goes there can you explain pizza day? I've seen that a few times now walking by one. Like 50+ pizza boxes stacked at everyone chowing down on greasy as poo poo pizza. I think it's a ploy to get new members possibly?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone else ever tempted to write some made up story on the internet somewhere just to see if it makes it back to this thread eventually?

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

YeahTubaMike posted:

This reminded me of the infamous ZerglingMinor picture. :smith:

? or do i want to know

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I'm pretty sure that story is talking about one of those soda vending fountain things like you see on counters at fast food restaurants, not one of the giant ones that are always up against a wall.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Tracula posted:

2. Anyone who goes there can you explain pizza day? I've seen that a few times now walking by one. Like 50+ pizza boxes stacked at everyone chowing down on greasy as poo poo pizza. I think it's a ploy to get new members possibly?

It's because planet fitness is meant for people who are intimidated by big buff dudes at the gym (read: sissies) so they cater to babies who don't actually want to work out, they just want to be able to say "I went to the gym today" even though all they did was the elliptical at a low resistance until they broke a sweat. The pizza is part of the image. "Hey, fitness is important but not as important as being happy! You know what makes people happy? Pizza!" which utterly defeats the purpose because if you're indulging at the loving gym you're probably indulging everywhere else which makes exercise worthless.

Edit: I would love to see someone reenact STDH in a video format.

Verisimilidude has a new favorite as of 21:49 on Jan 12, 2016

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

sweeperbravo posted:

? or do i want to know

Zergling Minor was a giant goon who killed himself because of debilitating health problems (I think that was the reason)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

NESguerilla posted:

Anyone else ever tempted to write some made up story on the internet somewhere just to see if it makes it back to this thread eventually?

TG goons do it all the time by spreading false rumors about games. Admittedly it's a really niche trolling, so nobody who doesn't game will see it or care; but its great when a site posts some goony lies as being from "a trusted source".

Verisimilidude posted:

It's because planet fitness is meant for people who are intimidated by big buff dudes at the gym (read: sissies) so they cater to babies who don't actually want to work out, they just want to be able to say "I went to the gym today" even though all they did was the elliptical at a low resistance until they broke a sweat. The pizza is part of the image. "Hey, fitness is important but not as important as being happy! You know what makes people happy? Pizza!" which utterly defeats the purpose because if you're indulging at the loving gym you're probably indulging everywhere else which makes exercise worthless.

Edit: I would love to see someone reenact STDH in a video format.

The first pizza day was an apology to gym members when one location's showers were down for a couple of days. They saw how popular it was and took it up chain wide and expanded it to include bagel day.

It helps keep the kind of low effort no gains patron they want to see coming through the door.

Indolent Bastard has a new favorite as of 22:03 on Jan 12, 2016

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
I love how it's always bread, if it were blackened chicken breast or rare streak day I'd be all over that gym

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Indolent Bastard posted:

TG goons do it all the time by spreading false rumors about games. Admittedly it's a really niche trolling, so nobody who doesn't game will see it or care; but its great when a site posts some goony lies as being from "a trusted source".

Look up 50 Foot Ant if you want some primo goon stdh.txt with his DnD stories.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tracula posted:

Look up 50 Foot Ant if you want some primo goon stdh.txt with his DnD stories.

or that time he made an alt to pretend to be a girl who worked at a gun store in TFR

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

Keith Atherton posted:

Zergling Minor was a giant goon who killed himself because of debilitating health problems (I think that was the reason)

Yup. :(

SAclopedia entry: http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=1705

Reddit thread, where he had a friend who was apparently a member: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/smkcr/what_burdens_do_you_carry_with_you_prepare_the/c4f94lo

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Alaois posted:

or that time he made an alt to pretend to be a girl who worked at a gun store in TFR

Holy poo poo this is news to me. I think his DnD stories were part of why I originally joined SA.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
okay which one of you posted this

Tumblr posted:

wow I can’t believe what just happened to me.

So, I was in Mcdonalds just using the wi-fi when this lady walked in. Her hair was dyed so I could tell that she was an SJW. There were only men in the line at Mcdonalds and she walked pass all of them and said, “This is the 21st century, feminism allows me to do this to cis-het white men like you.” and then she cackled evilly. She then asked the cashier to make her one McCake, and also to give her a discount because of the wage gap (not real btw). When the cashier told her that Mcdolands doesn’t make cakes she just gave him an evil glaire and said, “This is just like Anita said. Yet another cis-het mansplaining away free food. This is going straight on tumblr and twitter. I hope you enjoy having your entire life censored, shitlord.”

That’s when I couldn’t take it anymore. I walked straight up to the woman, got right in her face, and yelled THE CAKE IS A LIE! The entire mcdonalds gasped… and then they started applauding. That’s when I realized, that everyone in that mcdonalds had been a gamer. The SJW was beside herself and stumbled out of the mcdolmnalds, falling into a puddle of water and sullying her Steven Universe jorts. The cashier started crying out of joy and handed me $100 straight from the cash register. He also said I’m allowed to get free nuggets for the rest of my life.

It turned out that he was the son of the CEO of Mcdonalds. Also, I just asked him to marry me. You might have heard of him, his name is Albert Einstein Jr.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Steven Universe jorts

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I have the most posts in this thread, yet have posted the least content, both in quantity and quality :hf:

Here, a content:

quote:

Providing Assistant Manager Assistance
PIZZA | BATTLE CREEK, MI, USA | AWESOME CUSTOMERS, BAD BEHAVIOR, BOSSES & OWNERS
(My boyfriend and I stop in to get a pizza at a popular place that has hot pizzas ready to pick up. The customer in front of us has placed a specialty order and, apparently, an employee forgot to mark the box. The manager is irate and begins berating him in front of a queue of customers.)

Manager: “I can’t believe this! I am so sick of your mistakes! The next time this happens, it’s a write up. I’m so serious! Get out of my sight!”

(The manager turns to serve us.)

Boyfriend: “Are you the manager?”

Manager: *cheery* “Yes, I am! What can I do for you?”

Boyfriend: “I don’t appreciate you reprimanding your employees in front of all of these customers. And I’m sure your employee didn’t enjoy being embarrassed like that.”

Manager: *shocked* “Oh… uh… well, that was the assistant manager… and I was just relaying that to him.”

Boyfriend: “I understand. But that is probably something that should be handled in private, don’t you think?”

Manager: “Oh… okay.”

Me: *cheery* “Could we get a [Pizza] with breadsticks? And a soda for your assistant manager, on us.”

I mean I too have fantasized about sticking up for an abused employee having worked in retail myself, but actually seeing these, it always just sounds so sad and trite. And self-congratulatory

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

sweeperbravo posted:

I have the most posts in this thread, yet have posted the least content, both in quantity and quality :hf:

Here, a content:

I mean I too have fantasized about sticking up for an abused employee having worked in retail myself, but actually seeing these, it always just sounds so sad and trite. And self-congratulatory

If this happened (it didn't) the manager would just be even more mad at the employee.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

From the imgur front page

Self promotion by shooting down strawmen. Bold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Paladinus posted:

This is funny purely because the story was from the perspective of a woman and now this is how I imagine she sounds.

• Locked thread