Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

chupacabraTERROR posted:

Raiders to SD, calling it

Ross's nightmare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

chupacabraTERROR posted:

For the Spanos family, a good season is how profitable they were and how their net worth went up. Wins are a nice side bonus.

Cards would be this way still if Michael Bidwill hadn't taken over the team, Bill gave no fucks about winning.

The sweetheart stadium deal that Bill whined for and got is also having solvency problems because of lower tax revenues from depressed tourism. And it only cost $450M.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
It really is the difference between an independently wealthy businessman buying a team versus an owner whose sole asset is the team. Everything becomes financial rather than emotional and about winning. And unfortunately Dean is not wrong about his plan to move to LA. It WILL increase his stake's value, potentially by 2.0x.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Qwijib0 posted:

Cards would be this way still if Michael Bidwill hadn't taken over the team, Bill gave no fucks about winning.

The sweetheart stadium deal that Bill whined for and got is also having solvency problems because of lower tax revenues from depressed tourism. And it only cost $450M.

gently caress Bill Bidwell

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

JRizzle posted:

I imagine that's going to be on a plaque above the entrance when the Cards eventually get a new stadium.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

I imagine that's going to be on a plaque above the entrance when the Cards eventually get a new stadium.

We got one 10 years ago. The cards played for 15 years before that at Sun Devil stadium.

JRizzle posted:

Agreed.

If the Cards hadn't moved, we would have gotten an expansion-- likely Jacksonville's. A lot of the lack of fan support in the valley was Bill-related.

Qwijib0 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jan 12, 2016

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Qwijib0 posted:

Am I wrong in thinking that the plan assumed that ASU would move in permanently?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/report-la-committee-recommends-carson-project

The committee supposedly recommended the Carson project, and as for the Rams-Chargers idea:

quote:

Despite the Carson recommendation, league sources confirmed that buzz surrounding Jones’ suggestion to pair the Chargers and Rams in Inglewood is a realistic possibility.

The Raiders would get a financial consolation prize if that was the case. Raiders owner Mark Davis and Chargers owner Dean Spanos remained unified, and Spanos could insist on what a source said could be a “significant sum” to help build a stadium in Oakland or another market if the Raiders are left out of Los Angeles.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

japtor posted:

http://www.csnbayarea.com/raiders/report-la-committee-recommends-carson-project

The committee supposedly recommended the Carson project, and as for the Rams-Chargers idea:

The vote was 5-1 with the one dissenting vote being Clark Hunt. gently caress the Chiefs. This also reconfirms what I've been hearing about the Raiders getting compensation if left out. North of $200m to help build an Oakland stadium.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
The Raiders being the odd team out is unbelievably hilarious to me

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
If spanos refuses to agree to an inglewood deal, like he's saying he will, then the raiders won't be. it would be pretty cool if the raiders are left out and get their own new stadium in oakland without losing mark as an owner, but by far the best comedy option is inglewood with the chargers and rams not working because spanos refuses. if that isn't on the table, idk what the gently caress happens other than that the nfl gets put in a hell of a bind.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

warcrimes posted:

The vote was 5-1 with the one dissenting vote being Clark Hunt. gently caress the Chiefs. This also reconfirms what I've been hearing about the Raiders getting compensation if left out. North of $200m to help build an Oakland stadium.

Clark Hunt is the only sane person on the committee and only wants one team in LA.

Also, if the NFL gives the Raiders more money, good luck the next time a team tries to extort a city for a new stadium, especially without the LA market in play.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

If spanos refuses to agree to an inglewood deal, like he's saying he will, then the raiders won't be. it would be pretty cool if the raiders are left out and get their own new stadium in oakland without losing mark as an owner, but by far the best comedy option is inglewood with the chargers and rams not working because spanos refuses. if that isn't on the table, idk what the gently caress happens other than that the nfl gets put in a hell of a bind.

Kevin Acee is speculating that the only way Spanos will agree to a partnership with Kroenke is if Kroenke brings the Rams to Carson. Which means the Raiders would have to sign off on it. Which means Kroenke would also have to give up a whole lot.

I have no idea what's going to happen.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kroenke so desperately wants to spend his billions on L.A. and he's going to have to go back to St. Louis after making GBS threads all over them.

quote:

@JasonLaCanfora
There is nothing stipulated in Raiders/Chargers proposal about which team would move to NFC West should it pass. Either team open to it...
Raiders and Chargers would go along with whatever the NFL recommends in terms of changing divisions should Carson get the 24 votes needed

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Ozu posted:

Kroenke so desperately wants to spend his billions on L.A. and he's going to have to go back to St. Louis after making GBS threads all over them.

This is the funniest part of this whole situation. Every owner has talked mad poo poo about their current city, and at least one of them is going to have to go back with his tail between his legs.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
*NFL CMTE SAID TO FAVOR PLAN BACKED BY CHARGERS, RAIDERS: RTRS

that just flashed on Bloomberg. Does that mean the Rams stay in St Louis?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ozu posted:

I still think he's gonna move regardless of what the NFL says

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Adun posted:

*NFL CMTE SAID TO FAVOR PLAN BACKED BY CHARGERS, RAIDERS: RTRS

that just flashed on Bloomberg. Does that mean the Rams stay in St Louis?

No. Nothing has been voted on yet

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

Clark Hunt is the only sane person on the committee and only wants one team in LA.

Also, if the NFL gives the Raiders more money, good luck the next time a team tries to extort a city for a new stadium, especially without the LA market in play.

the nfl will probably make the rams and chargers pay the balance for the raiders stadium, rather than pay it themselves, assuming inglewood with the chargers happens.

Ross Angeles posted:

Kevin Acee is speculating that the only way Spanos will agree to a partnership with Kroenke is if Kroenke brings the Rams to Carson. Which means the Raiders would have to sign off on it. Which means Kroenke would also have to give up a whole lot.

I have no idea what's going to happen.

yeah, i mean if they were playing politics it'd be one thing, but

quote:

In a letter to a league committee on Dec. 7, Chargers chairman Dean Spanos also shot down a proposed opening with Kroenke in Inglewood, saying “nothing in Stan’s letter gives me any reason to reconsider my partnership with (Raiders owner) Mark Davis and our chosen stadium site.”

quote:

“On December 7, the Chargers made clear in writing that we had zero interest in the Inglewood project, and nothing has changed since then,” Chargers special counsel Mark Fabiani said Monday in a statement to USA TODAY Sports. “Our L.A. stadium project in Carson has the most central location, the best leadership with (Disney chief executive) Bob Iger, and the ample parking and easy freeway access to give fans the best possible game day experience.”

"zero interest in the inglewood project, and nothing has changed since then?" that doesn't sound noncommittal or possible pending negotiations. that sounds like "gently caress that." i have no idea what's going to happen either.

Ross Angeles posted:

I still think he's gonna move regardless of what the NFL says

part of the relocation submission form says they aren't allowed to sue the nfl if they don't get their way anymore. i'd imagine there's other disclaimers in there, entitled the Al Davis Articles, that make this unrealistic.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Listening to Jason Cole (reporter who has been covering this whole thing top to bottom and inside out) on the radio just now, Kroenke has sort of hosed himself by his behavior. League is apparently not happy with his behavior as of late, both towards public and arrogance the whole time towards other owners. He was apparently warning league owners "not to cross him" today with threats of collusion. Hahahahaha if true. What a dickbag.

For Inglewood to work it has to be a 50/50 true partnership with Spanos and then most likely a big fat check to Davis as well.

Also apparently Inbev/AB's big cheese Carlos Brito (aka the nfls top advertiser) called the NFL on STL's behalf. Whatever that means, if anything.

gently caress you Enos.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ross Angeles posted:

Who cares?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ozu posted:

i hope if carson passes they both refuse to leave the division under threat of a systematic campaign of guerrilla warfare and terrorist attacks against the NFL.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

Who cares?

NFL owners?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Chargers & Raiders move to LA, and Kroenke sells the Rams to buy the Broncos.

Wait if one of the Chargers or Raiders moves to the NFC West, who moves to the AFC West?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

oldskool posted:

Wait if one of the Chargers or Raiders moves to the NFC West, who moves to the AFC West?

Probably Arizona

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Not knowing much about L.A, I take it Carson is far more remote than Inglewood?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ozu posted:

Nothing in LA is really "remote". Carson is where the LA Galaxy play

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Ozu posted:

San Antonio Rams

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Ozu posted:

It's remote relative to downtown, but the money is on the west side/beverly hills, which Carson is connected to via the 405. In traffic, they're both an hour away from anything resembling a major business hub.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

oldskool posted:

I would think Seattle, that's where they're originally from anyhow.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Nail Rat posted:

In shaa Allah

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Nail Rat posted:

Really doubt it. SF and St. Louis are untouchable long term NFC West teams, and Seattle has established big rivalries with San Francisco, Carolina, and Green Bay. Arizona would be the logical choice

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Apparently they don't.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Ozu posted:

here have a rare map from the internet

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Rams moving alone to Inglewood has apparently been removed from the ballot.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The thought of either the Chargers or Raiders switching conferences disgusts me. These franchises have history.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Cruel and Unusual posted:

The thought of either the Chargers or Raiders switching conferences disgusts me. These franchises have history.

The AFC West looks exactly the same today as it did in like 1961. The idea of the cardinals moving into it to replace one of the chargers or raiders is. i don't even want to think about it.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Protect the AFC West at all costs. It owns too much to be hosed with.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

there's a vote underway as we speak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Apparently the two options on the ballot are Chargers and Rams to Inglewood or Raiders and Chargers to Carson, and that's it.

Chargers :smith:

• Locked thread