Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Apparently the two options on the ballot are Chargers and Rams to Inglewood or Raiders and Chargers to Carson, and that's it.

Chargers :smith:

Is there a 3rd "No" option?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Athanatos posted:

Is there a 3rd "No" option?

Yeah, but there's been no indication that any of the owners want to table this

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Please just end this poo poo so I can quit cheering for my dumb football team if need be

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
According to LaCanfora the vote is currently 18-6 in favor of the Carson deal. 24 votes needed.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

warcrimes posted:

According to LaCanfora the vote is currently 18-6 in favor of the Carson deal. 24 votes needed.

it was reported they had around 20 votes before.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Volkerball posted:

it was reported they had around 20 votes before.

Didn't get the 24 needed, apparently.

TIME TO NEGOTIATE LOL

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

Didn't get the 24 needed, apparently.

TIME TO NEGOTIATE LOL

JUST END IT

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

JRizzle posted:

Please just end this poo poo so I can quit cheering for my dumb football team if need be

Who are you picking if they do move? Chiefs?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

JRizzle posted:

At this point I'm just rooting for Kroenke to fail as hard as possible, regardless of the outcome

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I want only Oakland to move because their stadium is terrible and I want Ross to be happy and Kroenke to get hosed

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I would love the Raiders in LA, but it's not worth it if it means wrecking the division.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Volkerball posted:

I would love the Raiders in LA, but it's not worth it if it means wrecking the division.

Would it really wreck the division that much?

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I really don't want the Raiders in LA. The gang culture affiliated with the team is something I don't want brought back.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Would it really wreck the division that much?

One of the teams would leave it, so yeah

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

One of the teams would leave it, so yeah

lame. The NFL could milk two yearly division rivarly games in the city no problem.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Sam FarmerVerified account ‏@LATimesfarmer 26s26 seconds ago
First round of votes completed. Rams/TBD in Inglewood gets more votes than Raiders/Chargers in Carson. Nobody at required 24 yet.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

b-minus1 posted:

At this point I'm just rooting for Kroenke to fail as hard as possible, regardless of the outcome

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

lame. The NFL could milk two yearly division rivarly games in the city no problem.

It's not really a rivalry.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Sam FarmerVerified account ‏@LATimesfarmer 26s26 seconds ago
First round of votes completed. Rams/TBD in Inglewood gets more votes than Raiders/Chargers in Carson. Nobody at required 24 yet.
So no one is moving to L.A unless Spanos decides to work with Kroenke.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

The NFL could make it one. Two fanbases of the same city in the same division meeting on mutual homefield twice a season could be an event if they let it. Trade Burfict and Suh to the teams if you nee to spice it up.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

It is too you goon.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ozu posted:

So no one is moving to L.A unless Spanos decides to work with Kroenke.

Ideally, this will result in the Raiders getting a few hundo mil from the league as a result, allowing them to build a new stadium in Oakland. Failing that, I'm fine with the Raiders moving to LA.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

It is too you goon.

You really think that it would be in LA? The Raiders would have 9 home games a year.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

You really think that it would be in LA? The Raiders would have 9 home games a year.
Well at least they wouldn't have to travel from Oakland to San Diego for their ninth home game.

Casual Yogurt
Jul 1, 2005

Cool tricks kid, I like your style.

Jubs posted:

I really don't want the Raiders in LA. The gang culture affiliated with the team is something I don't want brought back.

Crime went up when the Raiders were here in LA, once they left crime went down and has continued to go down until this past year(rumors of Raiders return). Coincidence?!

Not having a NFL team works well here in LA because most people are from other places and are loyal to their teams. So many Steelers bars and midwest fan clubs here. I liked the idea previously of a Downtown LA stadium next to Staples just because it is easy to get to via non driving. Oakland and SD currently have good accessibility(BART, amtrak , Trolley, lots of freeways) but Carson is hosed, Inglewood is better but still hosed for traffic. Terrible planning.

Beller
Apr 9, 2009

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Rams moving alone to Inglewood has apparently been removed from the ballot.

My ideal scenario... ruined...

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Casual Yogurt posted:

Crime went up when the Raiders were here in LA, once they left crime went down and has continued to go down until this past year(rumors of Raiders return). Coincidence?!

This happened in every city in America. It was the height of the crack epidemic.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Kevyn posted:

This happened in every city in America. It was the height of the crack epidemic.

So the Raiders moving to LA caused crack, gotcha.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

warcrimes posted:

So the Raiders moving to LA caused crack, gotcha.

checks out

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I want Kroenke schadenfreude.

As well as leaving the Rams, Raiders, and Chargers where they are for the sakes of their fan bases, really, but Kroenke sounds like a shitlord.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

I want Kroenke schadenfreude.

As well as leaving the Rams, Raiders, and Chargers where they are for the sakes of their fan bases, really, but Kroenke sounds like a shitlord.

Doesn't Oakland have the lowest attendance of any team in the NFL?

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

I hope Kroenke gets hosed for making me watch Jeff Fisher football for any amount of time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I think it's St. Louis.

Raw numbers might be Oakland because they tarp off the upper deck.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Mel Mudkiper posted:

They had great attendance not long ago, but the team has been bad, and it can't be overstated how lovely the coliseum is.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

I think it's St. Louis.

Raw numbers might be Oakland because they tarp off the upper deck.

Honestly I get Oakland and even St Louis a little but I seriously never understood San Diego trying to leave

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Honestly I get Oakland and even St Louis a little but I seriously never understood San Diego trying to leave

It's a combination of not getting a new stadium because of political instability from about 2003-2012, and not wanting other teams to come into the southern california market unless the Chargers get a piece of the LA market

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Volkerball posted:

They had great attendance not long ago, but the team has been bad, and it can't be overstated how lovely the coliseum is.

People are like "oh no the Coliseum can't be that bad" and I have to remind them that there were literally rooms overflowing with fecal matter. It's horrible and the A's/Raiders deserve new digs.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Spoeank posted:

People are like "oh no the Coliseum can't be that bad" and I have to remind them that there were literally rooms overflowing with fecal matter. It's horrible and the A's/Raiders deserve new digs.

The Chargers and Raiders have the two worst stadiums in the NFL and Oakland's is so much worse than San Diego's

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

This bears being reposted:

https://twitter.com/KendallGammon/status/673563060208963584/photo/1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Raiders have to give some of their gameday gate revenues to the A's, so even if they had identical attendance numbers as the Rams, they'd be getting less revenue from it.

e. Also they're still paying for the stadium/refurb/rehab or some poo poo, despite it being the oldest NFL stadium in the country.

• Locked thread