Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
My singular dream is no matter what Oakland stops playing on a loving baseball diamond half the season jesus it looks so loving bush league

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Mel Mudkiper posted:

My singular dream is no matter what Oakland stops playing on a loving baseball diamond half the season jesus it looks so loving bush league

The A's would already be a handful of seasons into playing in San Jose if the Giants weren't loving assholes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

The A's would already be a handful of seasons into playing in San Jose if the Giants weren't loving assholes.

Bruce Bochy is my loving favorite person in baseball

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

St. Louis had the lowest total home attendance as well as the lowest home attendance by percentage of seats filled.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/sort/homePct

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Those percentages seem a little fudgy.

And how on earth could the Jim Tomsula 49ers attract any audience?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

Ross Angeles posted:

It's a combination of not getting a new stadium because of political instability from about 2003-2012, and not wanting other teams to come into the southern california market unless the Chargers get a piece of the LA market

Don't forget about the 25% of business that comes from LA!!!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Morons who already paid for their tickets because it's year two after paying for an SBL aka me. The last 4 games were at maybe 50% capacity.

Ross Angeles posted:

Bruce Bochy is my loving favorite person in baseball

Hell, same, but claiming that they should continue to hold Santa Clara County as their territory with no intent on moving there is bullshit.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
21-8-3 in favor of inglewood. It's all but over, and I am sad.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Empty PSL seats are still sold tickets.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I am OK with the Rams moving back to LA under one condition: Royal blue and yellow unis.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Won't this just fall apart when they try to figure out who "TBD" is?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Sounds more and more like the Rams and Chargers are going to be forced together. I think Kroenke had too strong a vote for Spanos to take a hardline stand.

@JasonLaCanfora
If Chargers end up w/Rams, questions loom: both teams go at once? What becomes of Bob Iger's right to purchase part of Raiders or Chargers?
The NFL's LA Committee working now to sort out these matters and potentially dissolve the Raiders/Chargers pact.
LA Committee could also find way to potentially placate Mark Davis with overtures of record stadium funding down the road, etc...
Davis has long been talking to potential investors about bolstering the ownership group. Could set the team up for possible solution in OAK

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
LA sucks.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Listening to Jason Cole (reporter who has been covering this whole thing top to bottom and inside out) on the radio just now, Kroenke has sort of hosed himself by his behavior. League is apparently not happy with his behavior as of late, both towards public and arrogance the whole time towards other owners. He was apparently warning league owners "not to cross him" today with threats of collusion. Hahahahaha if true. What a dickbag.
Nobody gives a poo poo if there's money on the table.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Judy Battista ‏@judybattista
there is strong opposition to the Raiders in LA among owners, I am told.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also keep in mind that Spanos hates Kroenke so being forced to either be his tenant or go back to San Diego is hilarious

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Why do the owners hate the Raiders so much? Do they just not want a poor team getting LA?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

Also keep in mind that Spanos hates Kroenke so being forced to either be his tenant or go back to San Diego is hilarious

sounds like he's being argued with now. think votes still stand at 20-12 against rams/chargers at inglewood.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Having the stadium in Inglewood means one team will play in the Colosseum and the other in Dodger/Angel Stadium until the stadium is built.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

can confirm

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Alexander Hamilton posted:

Why do the owners hate the Raiders so much? Do they just not want a poor team getting LA?

The Davis clan has been a constant thorn in the side of basically every other owner

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Apparently the ballot was secret, which means some owners who previously supported Spanos switched their votes to Inglewood. Gonna need a miracle at this point.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

Judy Battista ‏@judybattista
there is strong opposition to the Raiders in LA among owners, I am told.

Can they vote to just get rid of the Raiders? Like, dissolve the team.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Roger Goodell is discussing a new proposal with the owners. Vote coming very soon.

uhhhhh what

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
It was always going to be Inglewood. The fact is that Kroenke has the knowledge and money to make the move on his own, even if the NFL tried to prevent him, while Spanos and Davis basically want to move to LA because they have failed in their current cities and are relying much more on outside advice/money to succeed in LA.

Worst case for the NFL would have been 3 teams in LA with the two teams that were backed by the NFL being owned by idiots while the "rebel" succeeds.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Volkerball posted:

Roger Goodell is discussing a new proposal with the owners. Vote coming very soon.

uhhhhh what
The Mystery Proposal strikes again!

@TomPelissero
Khan thinks 2016 will work for L.A. but added: "The best solution might be something that's not even presented. There might be Plan C."

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
the only other possible proposal i could think of is rams/raiders at inglewood

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Alexander Hamilton posted:

If they didn't want a poor team in LA, they wouldn't let the Chargers go either

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

uhhhhh what

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Can they vote to just get rid of the Raiders? Like, dissolve the team.

Bumming Your Scene called it. The Plan C is throwing Mark Davis into the Bay.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

the only other possible proposal i could think of is rams/raiders at inglewood

Fapfapfap

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

that would be ideal for me too.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Can all the people saying LA sucks post where they live? Cos I don't live in LA but it looks a lot nicer than where I do live :smith:

Going to be great when in 5 years the owners want out of LA again.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Winkie01 posted:

Can all the people saying LA sucks post where they live? Cos I don't live in LA but it looks a lot nicer than where I do live :smith:

San Diego

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I have nothing against LA as much as I find everyone from California to be subhuman

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
As a San Diegan I am legally and morally obliged to tell people that LA sucks.

Also because its the God drat Truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Winkie01 posted:

Lawndale. It's ghetto as hell and I want to leave.

• Locked thread