Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Jubs posted:

Having the stadium in Inglewood means one team will play in the Colosseum and the other in Dodger/Angel Stadium until the stadium is built.

The Dodgers and Angels have already said no to this. Same with the Rose Bowl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Winkie01 posted:

Can all the people saying LA sucks post where they live? Cos I don't live in LA but it looks a lot nicer than where I do live :smith:

Going to be great when in 5 years the owners want out of LA again.

Glasgow, Scotland.

I say LA sucks purely as a football fan because LA football is cursed.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Winkie01 posted:

Can all the people saying LA sucks post where they live? Cos I don't live in LA but it looks a lot nicer than where I do live :smith:

They're just jealous of what our sweet stadium/country club is going to look like:

Traxis posted:

The Dodgers and Angels have already said no to this. Same with the Rose Bowl.

They'll sing a different tune when money gets discussed.

Jubs fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jan 13, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have nothing against LA as much as I find everyone from California to be subhuman

:smith:

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
Oh ok so it's mostly other cali people saying LA sucks I get it now, thought some one might say they live in Alabama or like Iowa or something

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

San Diego is the sole exception, you dudes are cool

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Hmmmm? This seems to be the solutions to the stadium dilemma. Rams would move and the Chargers would have the option of moving in 16, 17, or 18.

@UTKevinAcee
Word is that option for #Chargers to receive conditional approval to move & give San Diego another try is on table. Chargers have
... been resistant to that solution. They don't believe they'll get public money in SD and would then trail Rams in LA.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Winkie01 posted:

LA is one giant asphalt-paved unsustainable suburb. If you took the square footage of all the surface parking in LA this is what you get:

There are a bunch of cities that suck for this reason too, but LA is near the top.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Winkie01 posted:

Oh ok so it's mostly other cali people saying LA sucks I get it now, thought some one might say they live in Alabama or like Iowa or something

you'll notice i have remained silent on the matter.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ozu posted:

Hmmmm? This seems to be the solutions to the stadium dilemma. Rams would move and the Chargers would have the option of moving in 16, 17, or 18.

@UTKevinAcee
Word is that option for #Chargers to receive conditional approval to move & give San Diego another try is on table. Chargers have
... been resistant to that solution. They don't believe they'll get public money in SD and would then trail Rams in LA.

Lol

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Look, after watching Straight Outta Compton I just want LA Raiders hats to be a thing again make this happen NFL

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hell yeah lame duck franchise for real

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Winkie01 posted:

It's only going to take 5 years because that's how long it takes to get anywhere in LA.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Hell yeah lame duck franchise for real

Remember when everyone in Houston abandoned the Oilers in their last season and the team had a better away game record than home game record

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ozu posted:

@UTKevinAcee

If the Chargers had the votes to block Inglewood in a secret vote to begin with, they probably have the votes to block this as well if they aren't open to it.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
We can embed tweets just in time.

https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/687053586665050115

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I want to see the '17 Chargers in a near empty stadium cheered on only by the progressively expanding Rivers family

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Remember when everyone in Houston abandoned the Oilers in their last season and the team had a better away game record than home game record

Seems to be a common theme with Texas teams

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

seriously? about loving time. i brought this up as a feature i don't know how many times.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Volkerball posted:

seriously? about loving time. i brought this up as a feature i don't know how many times.

I like how everytime Lowtax fucks up the forums for a few hours he makes it up by giving us some new form of functionality.

One more crash and he might fix search for the ninth time

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

now if only we can get gfycat

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Oh, cool

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/687058726788833280

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I have nothing against LA as much as I find everyone from California to be subhuman

Native Californians aren't nearly as bad as the transplants you fuckers keep sending here. :argh:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Are the Chargers/Raiders stealing Kroenke's land or something?

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 13, 2016

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/687058726788833280

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Native Californians aren't nearly as bad as the transplants you fuckers keep sending here. :argh:

Californians are basically Packers fans. They have this idea that they live this enlightened experience that everyone is envious of and all they can talk about is their state as this loving experience and how great it is and they don't realize the rest of the country doesn't give even a marginal gently caress and wants them to just die.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Ozu posted:

Are the Chargers/Raiders stealing Kroenke's land or something?

The 2nd team option is first going to the Chargers, than the Raiders.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Oh so the option is for the TBD. Rams/Inglewood is implied. If the Chargers dont want to cohabitate with the Rams, then the Raiders will get the same offer.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Californians are basically Packers fans. They have this idea that they live this enlightened experience that everyone is envious of and all they can talk about is their state as this loving experience and how great it is and they don't realize the rest of the country doesn't give even a marginal gently caress and wants them to just die.

I think all of us would be happier if California was no longer a part of the union.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I think all of us would be happier if California was no longer a part of the union.

Basically give the whole southwest back to Mexico but let us keep Colorado

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/JasonColeBR/status/687059463853899777

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
How they hell are they offering protection to the second owner if they don't even have it set in stone who it's going to be? That's like guaranteed second class citizen. I don't mind Kroenke getting the bulk of the deal, but if the Raiders end up playing in a blue and gold stadium in LA i'm gonna be pissed.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

goddammit no LA Raiders come the gently caress on LA Raiders

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Basically give the whole southwest back to Mexico but let us keep Colorado

:agreed:
Imagine the look on Sheriff Arpaio's face when he finds out he's a Mexican.

And imagine the rest of the country without California's taxes keeping you afloat. (Is that how taxes work? I don't know. I don't care. It's the lie I tell myself to excuse rents of $1300 a month.)

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Mel Mudkiper posted:

goddammit no LA Raiders come the gently caress on LA Raiders
You're a cool guy with good opinions.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wBTdfAkqGU#t=4m19s

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
FYI if you can't see the tweets on firefox, you need to disable tracking protection for SA

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Literally my favorite line in that song

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
lmao

https://twitter.com/KevinClarkWSJ/status/687056011585126401

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
https://twitter.com/LizHabib/status/687062192089243648