Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I love pftcommenter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/BairCSN/status/687076093442928641

https://twitter.com/RattoCSN/status/687028779051388928

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@_marcbelanger: If @Dodge doesn't buy some stake in naming rights to the stadium where the RAMS and CHARGERS play football, I quit.

that is an excellent opportunity

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Ross Angeles posted:

Mark Davis already said there's no way he's moving to St. Louis.

The people that got hosed the most here are the St. Louis fans.

Chargers to St. Loius? St. Loius submitted the stupid long proposal right? Clearly they want a football team badly enough to pay for it.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

Mark Davis already said there's no way he's moving to St. Louis.

The people that got hosed the most here are the St. Louis fans.

Yeah, sorry jrizzle. :smith:

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
My Raiders to Legion Field dream is coming true

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Strobe posted:

Chargers to St. Loius? St. Loius submitted the stupid long proposal right? Clearly they want a football team badly enough to pay for it.

Rams and Chargers to LA. Raiders stay in Oakland. St. Louis gets nothing.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Hahahahaha people in my office are now saying "This gives San Diego great leverage to build a new stadium!"

Poor little fools.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So should I start the "where will the LA Rams move to?" thread now or give it a year?

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Alright, start the timer to see how long till LA gets bored of having a football team for the third loving time.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Alright, start the timer to see how long till LA gets bored of having a football team for the third loving time.

fourth

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

pathetic little tramp posted:

Hahahahaha people in my office are now saying "This gives San Diego great leverage to build a new stadium!"

Poor little fools.

It doesn't but, if Spanos' options are to share a stadium with Kroenke or stay in SD, he's prob gonna take a little harder look at the latter.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

It doesn't but, if Spanos' options are to share a stadium with Kroenke or stay in SD, he's prob gonna take a little harder look at the latter.

Especially if the downtown stadium site is an option again, which it wasn't before because of the time table

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

If it isn't the Raiders then they're already bored.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Twitter is excited about the LA Rams, as for the Chargers... crickets.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I hope Farmers Field naming rights is still in play because we get bombass discounts for Farmers Open as part of our deal with the PGA and I have a bunch of friends in LA that are Niners fans.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Mark Davis gets what he wants all along

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

@msmallm2: St. Louis comes up with $400 mil of public money. OAK does nothing and gets league money and keeps their team. What a time to be alive.

Why is Oakland staying? I don't get it.

wattershed
Dec 27, 2002

Radio got his free iPod, did you get yours???

pathetic little tramp posted:

Poor little fools.

Faulconer is a milquetoast paper bag who won't lift a finger to help a sports team. The city would need to elect someone who gives a modicum of a poo poo about sports before an inch of headway happens toward some unlikely return of the NFL to SD.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm gonna do some digging into how the NFL decided that St Louis wasn't viable as an NFL market, because that's total bullshit and it's pretty clear that Kroenke just blew the right people to get the ruling he wanted. Corruption is lame.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

jesus how is LA so bad at football

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ehud posted:

@msmallm2: St. Louis comes up with $400 mil of public money. OAK does nothing and gets league money and keeps their team. What a time to be alive.

the Raiders want to stay, so they get money. Kroenke wants to leave, so he doesn't get money.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
*sigh*

This sucks so much.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ehud posted:

There's really nowhere better to go (unless you really like San Antonio), the NFL doesn't want 3 teams in LA and the Raiders don't have the money to go it alone.

Plus they're kinda on the upswing while the 49ers are still reforming themselves so they'll probably reap the benefits of the Bay Area market for the near future.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/UTKevinAcee/status/687078802481090564

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
It would be hilarious if Raiders use their new money to move down to San Diego and build a new stadium.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

:siren:

https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/687079233949061121

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's a city of transplants that have hometown teams to root for and coke parties to go to with Chandler Jones.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

The Rams and Raiders bounced in the 90s because the cities were unwilling to build them a stadium. Everyone makes fun of LA for losing teams yet they lost them for doing the thing that everyone says cities should do more often.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ehud posted:

Mark wanted to stay in Oakland, and Kroenke wanted to leave STL. So they basically got Kroenke to bribe Davis with Oakland money to get his application off the table, narrowing it down to the Chargers and Rams.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jubs posted:

It would be hilarious if Raiders use their new money to move down to San Diego and build a new stadium.

Oh god kill me

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Personally I think an Inglewood stadium will make a world of difference. The whole city drives to LAX already, it's not crazy to go there for a football game.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Mel Mudkiper posted:

the browns wouldn't exist if the rams didn't leave cleveland

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Mark Davis plays the LA/San Antonio card hard, signs a deal with Spanos and sits back and watches the first round of voting take place. The NFL basically gives Davis money to bow out of the deal. He makes the league happy, the owners happy, the fans happy.

I wonder if he did it on purpose

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Do you think the NFL will issue a dickish public statement to take shots at St. Louis and San Diego? It seems like something Goodell would do.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
If I win the Powerball I'll just have to build one of these stadiums that seems to be in such high demand.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

computer parts posted:

There's really nowhere better to go (unless you really like San Antonio), the NFL doesn't want 3 teams in LA and the Raiders don't have the money to go it alone.

Plus they're kinda on the upswing while the 49ers are still reforming themselves so they'll probably reap the benefits of the Bay Area market for the near future.

This. If the NFL doesn't put an actual competitive team in the Bay Area then all of that tech money is going to be gobbled up by the NBA, NHL, and MLS.

And you may laugh when I say MLS, but that just means you've never gotten stuck in the same elevator as a bunch of Google tools. :argh:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Mark Davis plays the LA/San Antonio card hard, signs a deal with Spanos and sits back and watches the first round of voting take place. The NFL basically gives Davis money to bow out of the deal. He makes the league happy, the owners happy, the fans happy.

I wonder if he did it on purpose

The NFL isn't giving him a billion dollars to build a stadium. The Raiders still have to find a way to get the city of Oakland to help them, which they've already said they won't do.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

RAIDERS DONT BE IDIOTS.

USE THE MONEY TO MOVE TO LONDON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chichevache posted:

And you may laugh when I say MLS, but that just means you've never gotten stuck in the same elevator as a bunch of Google tools. :argh:

What I love about MLS is that it is objectively the worst played soccer in the Western world but hipsters love it because its soccer.

Like, I love soccer but gently caress me if I can watch an MLS game

• Locked thread