Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

RAIDERS DONT BE IDIOTS.

USE THE MONEY TO MOVE TO LONDON

Just getyin pissed n gettin into wee fights at the stadium with me bruvs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

RAIDERS DONT BE IDIOTS.

USE THE MONEY TO MOVE TO LONDON

gently caress THAT COME TO SAN DIEGO

seriously you'll have enough pissed off former fans of the Chargers who'll turn to the dark side

I will be one of them.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Chavs and Raiders, a match made in Dante's Inferno.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Blitz7x posted:

Mark Davis plays the LA/San Antonio card hard, signs a deal with Spanos and sits back and watches the first round of voting take place. The NFL basically gives Davis money to bow out of the deal. He makes the league happy, the owners happy, the fans happy.

I wonder if he did it on purpose

Seems like it. There's been chatter about compensation to the Raiders for a Chargers/Rams deal for a while. He loving threw Oakland under the bus the other day though. lol. He made sure to say he loved the fans, but he poo poo all over Oaklands weak rear end attempts to make a deal. Although it looks like it worked out for them in the end.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown posted:

Just getyin pissed n gettin into wee fights at the stadium with me bruvs.

*stab* nice 1 bruva!

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

kiimo posted:

Chavs and Raiders, a match made in Dante's Inferno.
I read this book that had a bunch of soccer stories in it. One of them was about this Chelsea hooligan from the 80s/90s. He said he went to a Raiders game in San Diego and started beating up Chargers fans.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Raiders audibles can be like "you wot mate? Hut hut hut swear on me mom!"

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/687078442051833856

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
This is the wettest farts of anticlimaxes

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

So they basically punted on working out any actual details of how this will work....

nice job dean

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

sucks for charger fans.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

a real jerk posted:

sucks for charger fans.

Better than it being a done deal. The devil will be in the details here, and Dean may have a lot more to lose by shacking up with Stan than just staying in SD.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

a real jerk posted:

sucks for charger fans.

Honestly, I feel a lot more for the St. Louis fans (all three?) than anyone else. They got hosed harder than anyone else in this whole deal.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib
Seriously, does this mean Spanos is going to drag this out even more? I mean he doesn't want to lose the SoCal market exclusivity but that's over now anyway, might as well cut yer fuckin losses son.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

aperion posted:

Honestly, I feel a lot more for the St. Louis fans (all three?) than anyone else. They got hosed harder than anyone else in this whole deal.

Yeah, St. Louis fans are the ones that got shafted here, even though the Rams have only been in St. Louis for twenty years

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

pathetic little tramp posted:

Seriously, does this mean Spanos is going to drag this out even more? I mean he doesn't want to lose the SoCal market exclusivity but that's over now anyway, might as well cut yer fuckin losses son.

There's still no where else to play in LA.

The Chargers will be at Qualcomm in 2016.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Winkie01 posted:

Can all the people saying LA sucks post where they live? Cos I don't live in LA but it looks a lot nicer than where I do live :smith:

Going to be great when in 5 years the owners want out of LA again.

I tried to relocate to LA and within a year moved back to Orlando. What more do you need to know?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/BryanDFischer/status/687082620849528832

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Mel Mudkiper posted:

What I love about MLS is that it is objectively the worst played soccer in the Western world but hipsters love it because its soccer.

Like, I love soccer but gently caress me if I can watch an MLS game

Well there are only a few soccer teams around Seattle, and the Sounders are the best of the bunch, so if I want to see a game in person...

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress Kroenke.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Volkerball posted:

gently caress Kroenke.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

gently caress Kroenke.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP
Great so the Raiders future is still in limbo and now I am going to have to get DirecTV if I ever want to see the Raiders on TV again.

Volkerball posted:

gently caress Kroenke.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/687084174579138560

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

Fallen Rib

That lists their stadium as Anaheim Stadium...

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

That lists their stadium as Anaheim Stadium...
That is where they last played in the area

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ehud posted:

@msmallm2: St. Louis comes up with $400 mil of public money. OAK does nothing and gets league money and keeps their team. What a time to be alive.

Why is Oakland staying? I don't get it.

because the owners feel bad for treating al davis like poo poo, and mark is gonna benefit from guilt money since he looks like a simpleton, but is apparently pretty savvy

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/687084902601330689

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/687085060001017857

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

If I win the Powerball I'll just have to build one of these stadiums that seems to be in such high demand.

I know this is a joke but this is exactly what happened. Substitute walmart fortune for powerball jackpot.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

Remember those 20 years the Rams played in St Louis?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

NFL already updated the Rams page lol

http://www.nfl.com/teams/losangelesrams/roster?team=RAM

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.
Been a St Louis fan since I was a small boy... I remember the good times, screaming for Steve Bono to replace an ineffective Tony Banks. It's been quite a ride.

What do I do now? I don't live in Missouri anymore, I haven't for a decade, so I don't feel too bad following the Rams based on location alone.

On the other hand, I have absolutely no connection to LA, my wife is a Seahawks fan, I lived in Washington for five years and I'll be moving back to Washington in the future; can I switch to the Seahawks, even though they are a division rival? That feels really wrong, but maybe I should just pull the bandaid off now.

On the third hand, Kroenke and the NFL hosed us over, and this game is loving doomed once concussion liability gets too expensive. Maybe I should just get out a bit early? It's never cool to be the last person at the party.

Help me TFF

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Ive never hard of an option to relocate.

How is this a good thing for San Diego Fans.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/687085025121054721

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I want to know what happens to either the Chargers or the Raiders if they decide later to join up with Kroenke. I'd bet money that's a raw deal.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

euphronius posted:

Ive never hard of an option to relocate.

How is this a good thing for San Diego Fans.

It's not.

Now we just wait to see when they move.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Huh, so if San Diego does get a deal through we might see Rams/Raiders after all.

Probably not, but it is an interesting idea.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

http://www.nfl.com/teams/losangelesrams/roster?team=RAM

NFL.com already changed it

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Volkerball posted:

gently caress Kroenke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

the Chargers are gonna announce they're leaving on January 15th, 2017 and draw this the gently caress out.

• Locked thread