Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

VitalSigns posted:

I'm starting to think the Bundys are right and the fedgov is a powerless corporation that can't touch a US State Citizen without his consent to joinder, if all it can do in response to intimidation and death threats against officials enforcing the sentencing of convicted arsonists is break out the Doge memes.

Such mooching. Wow.

Holy crap! This never even occurred to me until you said it but you might be on to something! FINALLY the SOVCIV have stumbled onto just the exact right Liberty Spell to cast off the AmericanTM Corporate chains!! It's the ONLY explanation! Every time the FBI runs up to arrest them Almond Bundy stands bravely with his Freedom Staff, strikes the Earth three times and intones "Unlicenced security forces of the United States Corporation I do NOT give rejoinder and will NOT enter into contract with you! You have one second to quit my sight or a fine of a billion dollars (one ounce of silver) a second will be levied on you!!" and POOF they disappear in a puff of freedom dust! Then the LAMEstream media edits that part out!

This all makes so much sense now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

People ITT: Arm Chairing the next WACO, then when the roadblock does happen and civilians die in the ensuing firefight "Welp they should have cut the power first"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Duke Igthorn posted:

Holy crap! This never even occurred to me until you said it but you might be on to something! FINALLY the SOVCIV have stumbled onto just the exact right Liberty Spell to cast off the AmericanTM Corporate chains!! It's the ONLY explanation! Every time the FBI runs up to arrest them Almond Bundy stands bravely with his Freedom Staff, strikes the Earth three times and intones "Unlicenced security forces of the United States Corporation I do NOT give rejoinder and will NOT enter into contract with you! You have one second to quit my sight or a fine of a billion dollars (one ounce of silver) a second will be levied on you!!" and POOF they disappear in a puff of freedom dust! Then the LAMEstream media edits that part out!

This all makes so much sense now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

LeoMarr posted:

People ITT: Arm Chairing the next WACO, then when the roadblock does happen and civilians die in the ensuing firefight "Welp they should have cut the power first"

You called the whole town a false flag, at least log into a parachute account if you want to try again.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
also from the article linked above:

quote:

FBI agents have been mobilized from across the state to Harney County. They're collecting intelligence, doing surveillance, have familiarized themselves with the layout of the refuge buildings, may be intercepting calls and contacting people who may have had a falling out with the occupiers to gain more intelligence, the former agents said. They also may be recording any crimes that are occurring to prepare for future arrests. "There's no doubt in my mind that they're fully prepared to go in tactically and resolve this situation if they need to," Van Zandt said. "But the federal government has nothing to gain by taking some kind of precipitous action that would give the group more attention or reason to have an armed confrontation."

Still Harney County residents and others have countered that if the occupiers are trespassing or destroying property, why don't law enforcement officers arrest them? "The answer is you can always arrest them," Van Zandt said. "Whenever they come out, if they have violated a law, you can always charge them individually at that time when they're not in a support group."

snip

The strategy is not to play into the occupiers' hands, said David H. Schanzer, director of the Triangle Center on Terrorism and Homeland Security at Duke University. "Why create the confrontation? You try to prevent giving people what they want. And what they want is the image of an overbearing federal government using weaponry and power against people trying to make points about land ownership," Schanzer said.

Still, if the Harney County sheriff is aware of armed occupiers intimidating people in the city of Burns or violating the law in the city, nothing is stopping him from enforcing county or state laws individually, Schanzer said. "But if you have a large number of armed people hunkered down in a small area, I think law enforcement should wait them out," he said.

Schanzer predicts that attention to the group will wane as winter progresses. If he were the Bundys and their fellow occupiers, he said, "I'd declare success and leave. They got more attention to their issues than one would have expected.''

many johnnys posted:

They asked "patriots from all over the country" to join the fight. They're a different group but they're definitely affiliated now. They were invited there.

That's really not sufficient for a legal case and they still don't have identifiable people actually doing illegal things in town. Cruising around being a dork with your AR isn't enough without other elements.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I don't know why anyone is expecting charges here when the only people charged at the bundy ranch were a few dudes who were so dumb with their guns the feds basically had no choice.

And that place had guns pointed at fed employees and two people who were supposedly asked to leave go on an actual cop killing spree. I don't pretend to know the wisdom or folly behind that action (besides this thread obviously) but its a fact and there's nothing that tells me this is different so far.

The statute of limiations for virtually all of the charges at the Bundy Ranch is years and years. There's no reason to believe the feds will never file charges on that. The first you will hear about the feds planning charges is when the charges are announced, or when the actually accused are taken into custody.

VitalSigns posted:

Wait Night Court was a real show?

I thought it was made up for that one 30 Rock episode. Is there even such a thing as an actual night court?

Night Court was a real show. It was pretty good for the time. I believe there may be actual night courts, but it would be a municipal level thing.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Intel&Sebastian posted:

You called the whole town a false flag, at least log into a parachute account if you want to try again.

Cite where I did this.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LeoMarr posted:

People ITT: Downplaying militants as just some good ol' boys have a harmless bit of fun, then when an occupier snaps and murders a government worker "There was no way we could have done anything to prevent this"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

People ITT: Downplaying militants as just some good ol' boys have a harmless bit of fun, then when an occupier snaps and murders a government worker "There was no way we could have done anything to prevent this"

Well, you see, sometimes a good guy with a gun gets a little sad, and then he decides to hurt people and become a bad guy with a gun.

Nothing we can do, its just nature.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Well, you see, sometimes a good guy with a gun gets a little sad, and then he decides to hurt people and become a bad guy with a gun.

Nothing we can do, its just nature.

We may never know the reason this happened.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

kartikeya posted:

We may never know the reason this happened.

I want David Attenborough to show up there and start filming a nature documentary about red necks.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I mean...what's to stop a group like this from just taking my house and declaring it theirs (besides the smell)?

Hey, apparently Grand Wizard Bundy found the correct spell.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

LeoMarr posted:

Cite where I did this.

Search your own history for "honeypot" and figure it out from there.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Discendo Vox posted:

That's really not sufficient for a legal case and they still don't have identifiable people actually doing illegal things in town. Cruising around being a dork with your AR isn't enough without other elements.

Sure, but I wasn't speaking in a legal sense. Just getting a hold of the situation: an armed gang of occupied a federal building, threatening the town, they rallied other would-be insurgents to their cause, and there are now rumblings of them wanting to, or planning to try, to take the sheriff hostage. They are now trying to set up their own court system, and have armed militants patrolling the town. I mistakenly conflated the two - it turns out that the second insurgency was merely invited by the first, but they are a separate group. Townspeople are being harassed - some explicitly and having to flee (such as the sheriff's family), others merely at random trying to go about their lives.

Legalistically, I don't know what they're going to call it. But to the average person, it is what it is.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

drilldo squirt posted:

It's loving amazing what white people can get away with.

Wow, what a unique viewpoint that has never been expressed in this thread, not once.

To be fair, the vitriol in this thread pretty much does come down to "it's not faiiiirrrrrrrrr".

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Still true tho

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

tsa posted:

To be fair, the vitriol in this thread pretty much does come down to "it's not faiiiirrrrrrrrr".

Thanks for updating us. What position do you hold in the militia?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.splcenter.org/20140709/war-west-bundy-ranch-standoff-and-american-radical-right

good article as always from the SPLC

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Discendo Vox posted:

also from the article linked above:

The statute of limiations for virtually all of the charges at the Bundy Ranch is years and years. There's no reason to believe the feds will never file charges on that. The first you will hear about the feds planning charges is when the charges are announced, or when the actually accused are taken into custody.

This is all that needs to be repeated over and over and over and over. I really don't think a lot of posters here understand how the feds operate.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Lmao, Cliven told the feds to gently caress off in the mid 90s with a threat of violence, racked up a million dollar bill that was already heavily discounted, did the same thing again a few times, got a bunch of friends to shove guns in their faces, and now his sons are setting up their own local govt at gunpoint.

But its ok guys this time you just have to wait a few years and they'll do something.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

tsa posted:

I really don't think a lot of posters here understand how the feds operate.

HA! Yeah, right.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Lmao, Cliven told the feds to gently caress off in the mid 90s with a threat of violence, racked up a million dollar bill that was already heavily discounted, did the same thing again a few times, got a bunch of friends to shove guns in their faces, and now his sons are setting up their own local govt at gunpoint.

But its ok guys this time you just have to wait a few years and they'll do something.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
So it turns out that video of the dude "hacking" into the Refuge computers was real. They're using the office computers to host their own website.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/militants-government-computers-isis-website-malheur/

The website is listed in the article.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Really hoping no one owns me by saying I told you so when Cliven Bundy VII is sentenced to a month in the lunar rock quarry for unlawful brandishment of a laser rail gun at a Trump enforcer bot in a spate over whether or not the federal govt owns the 8th dimension.

Edit: sorry if it wasn't clear but when I say "did it again a few times" I'm referring to the BLM contacting him asking him to maybe comply with the law and him responding that he'll shoot anyone who tries to make him.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 13, 2016

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Crain posted:

So it turns out that video of the dude "hacking" into the Refuge computers was real. They're using the office computers to host their own website.

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burns-oregon-standoff-bundy-militia-news-updates/militants-government-computers-isis-website-malheur/

:stare: How the gently caress are those machines on the network still.

Then again, they probably are so the FBI can laugh themselves silly as they watch what they are doing. And holy gently caress is their tech geek (Fry) a racist piece of poo poo.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Violent fantasies + ponytailed Caro = no problem, wait it out

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

tsa posted:

This is all that needs to be repeated over and over and over and over. I really don't think a lot of posters here understand how the feds operate.

Dude is still grazing his cattle illegally on federal land though

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

tsa posted:

Wow, what a unique viewpoint that has never been expressed in this thread, not once.

A gang of armed white people that have taken over federal property are so unthreatening that fedex will deliver to them.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

many johnnys posted:

Legalistically, I don't know what they're going to call it. But to the average person, it is what it is.

Don't do that. Don't be a sovcit.

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Which one of you guys sent the gummy dicks?

Don't know who sent those, but a friend of mine sent the dong:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

jfc i cannot believe the fbi's actual strategy is to poo poo around doing nothing and hope these guys go away and then arrest them

gently caress the fbi they are a worthless branch of the government that is only good for breaking up peaceful protests and baiting kids into making bombs so they can get terrorist wins

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Condiv posted:

jfc i cannot believe the fbi's actual strategy is to poo poo around doing nothing and hope these guys go away and then arrest them

Just had to fix that there. At this point I would be really surprised if anyone was arrested.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Obama's tyrannical nanny-state government sucks, I want a refund.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

budgieinspector posted:

Don't know who sent those, but a friend of mine sent the dong:

You've wasted your money on them instead of making a real change in this country.

*shoves dildo off table angrily*

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Condiv posted:

gently caress the fbi they are a worthless branch of the government that is only good for breaking up peaceful protests and baiting kids into making bombs so they can get terrorist wins

No, you just don't understand that FBI's genius. If they wait 50-80 years all of these people will be dead! It's foolproof!

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Condiv posted:

Hey, they were instrumental in stopping an alien invasion back in 2012. Well, two of them were.

BabelFish
Jul 20, 2013

Fallen Rib

LeoMarr posted:

<sovcit video here>

The sovcit stuff has gotten bad enough that Florida made a training video explicitly for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALPs_n0WQaY

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I love that the thread of Waco is enough to not only demand that the place not be sieged (which is perfectly reasonable, don't get me wrong) but is now enough to also demand that nothing else be done even after the fact. Oh, a guy left and we could arrest him? That would be another Waco! Tell Fedex not to deliver? That'd be Waco! Maybe stop people from slashing locals tires? Waco.

Guys, if we don't let the Bundy's have the land and distribute it as they see fit, then ignore everything they have done and fail to ever prosecute them for it, there might be a Waco.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BabelFish posted:

The sovcit stuff has gotten bad enough that Florida made a training video explicitly for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALPs_n0WQaY

We had one of these guys try to get on the Air Force Base I work on, and it was hilarious talking to the security forces guys afterwords. Guy kept going on and on about how he didn't recognize the legitimacy of the base and wanted to drive on.

Guy then tried to run the gate and slammed into the barriers which they activated.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I love that the thread of Waco is enough to not only demand that the place not be sieged (which is perfectly reasonable, don't get me wrong) but is now enough to also demand that nothing else be done even after the fact. Oh, a guy left and we could arrest him? That would be another Waco! Tell Fedex not to deliver? That'd be Waco! Maybe stop people from slashing locals tires? Waco.

Guys, if we don't let the Bundy's have the land and distribute it as they see fit, then ignore everything they have done and fail to ever prosecute them for it, there might be a Waco.

Arrests while the refuge is still occupied would be a bad idea, given its effect on the other armed people still onsite. Telling FedEx not to deliver may have been manageable, but it's not particularly meaningful. They don't know who slashed the tires, or they probably would have been arrested.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

CommieGIR posted:

We had one of these guys try to get on the Air Force Base I work on, and it was hilarious talking to the security forces guys afterwords. Guy kept going on and on about how he didn't recognize the legitimacy of the base and wanted to drive on.

Guy then tried to run the gate and slammed into the barriers which they activated.

Wait, what? The hell was the guy even trying to accomplish?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

kartikeya posted:

Thread poster spotted irl:

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/why_dont_feds_try_to_oust_oreg.html

More amazing quotes from this guy at the link.

quote:

"The answer is you can always arrest them," Van Zandt said. "Whenever they come out, if they have violated a law, you can always charge them individually at that time when they're not in a support group."

Lol, "support group" is easily the best term for these guys. Like a 12 step program for idiots who never took a civics or government class.

Guess they never got around to arresting Bundy's crew for all the illegal shenanigans in Nevada. Oops.

Crain posted:

I think this post undersells the article. Here is the first sentence:

quote:

Among the militant members who have accessed government computers at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, one is an Islamic State sympathizer and Adolph Hitler acolyte.

I have to say the former is a bit surprising. The latter, not so much.

• Locked thread