Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

a messed up horse posted:

Please don't listen to that guy btw all you get with Steelers fandom is confusion w/r/t where to put french fries

In burritos. What's the problem?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

Gone Baptizin posted:

I would switch to the Chiefs as well but I don't own an El Camino. I think i'll take a break from the NFL for a year i've watched every Rams game since 97 or so as sad as that is.

If you do, it'll be the first year they get back to the playoffs.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

all displaced fans should become blake bortles fans because the jaguars dont have any to start with

Criminal Minded
Jan 4, 2005

Spring break forever

Gone Baptizin posted:

I would switch to the Chiefs as well but I don't own an El Camino. I think i'll take a break from the NFL for a year i've watched every Rams game since 97 or so as sad as that is.

I had season tickets from 95 to about 2006, when the distance between Olathe and STL became too prohibitive to justify the cost and time spent driving back twice a month

went to every Rams home playoff game ever plus Super Bowl XXXVI

:smith:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Ross Angeles posted:

See look, you belong with us

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Fries are potatoes. Potatoes can go with any meal. Therefore fries can go with any meal.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Buy low on the Jags, it's the most honorable move

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
If you've never put french fries on the hamburger you have never lived life

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

sweet thursday posted:

Fries are potatoes. Potatoes can go with any meal. Therefore fries can go with any meal.

This guy knows what's up

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Ross just become a Raiders fan

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

French fries are like Steelers fans. They are everywhere and they always belong.

Come be a french fry with us

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If I win Powerball on Wednesday night I'm buying the Chargers from Spanos at knifepoint and keeping them in San Diego. Thanks Dan I'll hang up and listen

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

If you've never put french fries on the hamburger you have never lived life

As long as it doesn't displace the fried egg.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Blitz7x posted:

Ross just become a Raiders fan

I'm going to be a San Diego Chargers fan or a Los Angeles Chargers fan. There's no other option unless they change the team's name

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Criminal Minded posted:

I had season tickets from 95 to about 2006, when the distance between Olathe and STL became too prohibitive to justify the cost and time spent driving back twice a month

went to every Rams home playoff game ever plus Super Bowl XXXVI

:smith:

We had season tickets from 98-03. My dad and i were bummed when Trent Green went down and then we didnt see them lose all year at the dome in 99 good times.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

If I win Powerball on Wednesday night I'm buying the Chargers from Spanos at knifepoint and keeping them in San Diego. Thanks Dan I'll hang up and listen

I just discovered Kroenke owns literally all Colorado sports other than the Broncos and that is some bullshit

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
This was all part of Kronke's long term plan to get a 24 hour Walmart in LA County, after the team leaves they'll have no choice but to stick one in the spot.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Also any true fan tries to keep anyone else possible from cheering for their team. Nothing is worse than other fans.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

Also any true fan tries to keep anyone else possible from cheering for their team. Nothing is worse than other fans.

Steelers fans are borg bro how have you not realized this

We loving own North Carolina

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Only a hundred million dollars for staying in Oakland? Raiders got robbed

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/687098412685242368

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ross Angeles posted:

:agreed:

Come join the Yorks. You can win... with class.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Criminal Minded posted:

I'm a KU grad soooooo

Sorry your guys didn't get drafted :(

Anubis
Oct 9, 2003

It's hard to keep sand out of ears this big.
Fun Shoe

Criminal Minded posted:

Oh weird, I live in Olathe. I don't wanna root for the fuckin' Chiefs though

it was cool having Tom Gurley for a year

edit; TOdd, god drat it, I'm too angry to get names right

Huh... we are in the exact same situation right down to the city. I'll likely go Chiefs but I'm taking an off year in protest. No NFL for me in 2016-17. :( I've gotta keep up with some fantasy leagues but no watching games and no direct NFL contact is my current plan.

It will change nothing but it might make me feel slightly better about it.

Criminal Minded posted:

I'm a KU grad soooooo

Ewww! I mean that's rough because at least watching Mizzou football won't be like jabbing knives in my eyes.

Anubis fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 13, 2016

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I just discovered Kroenke owns literally all Colorado sports other than the Broncos and that is some bullshit
He owns the Avs and Nuggets. Kroenke's son runs both teams and is way more competent than Jed York.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

He owns the Avs and Nuggets. Kroenke's son runs both teams and is way more competent than Jed York.

and Rapids and apparently a Lacrosse team

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/687098929142349824

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

that must be what it is like to be a billionaire, you wake up one morning after a bender and discover you now own a loving Lacrosse team lol

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
That was thought to be a big deal as the other NFL owners don't like him essentially violating the "only own Big 4 League teams in one city" but given the choice between a guy they don't like and :homebrew: guess what they chose.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Stan is gonna move the Rams to LA, sell them for 5 billion dollars and then buy the Broncos from Pat Bowlen

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Ross Angeles posted:

Stan is gonna move the Rams to LA, sell them for 5 billion dollars and then buy the Broncos from Pat Bowlen

dear god no :stonk:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Imagine Stan Kroenke in the owners box at the high school field his loving Lacrosse team plays in

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mel Mudkiper posted:

and Rapids and apparently a Lacrosse team
I wish he owned the Rockies too because the Monforts are pieces of garbage.

I mean Kroenke is a slimy weasel but at least his teams are competitive.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

JRizzle posted:

I'd like to start with getting rid of my current avatar before I pick a new team (which will probably be the Chiefs since I live in KC now)

Join us! :respek:

Gumbercules
Jan 12, 2004

These aren't my lamps. These have feet.

Hed posted:

That was thought to be a big deal as the other NFL owners don't like him essentially violating the "only own Big 4 League teams in one city" but given the choice between a guy they don't like and :homebrew: guess what they chose.

He doesn't own those teams though, he gave them to his son! Which is good, because if you owned teams in multiple places you might not be committed to your NFL city, leading you to do something drastic.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

that must be what it is like to be a billionaire, you wake up one morning after a bender and discover you now own a loving Lacrosse team lol

almost as good as that goon who OD'd and woke up a week latter having ordered a grand piano off the internet.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

sweet thursday posted:

Maybe if the team wasn't on the wrong side of mediocre year after year, more people would watch the games. Hmm... *writes in notepad: requires further research*

CITE YOUR SOURCES

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Kroenke also owns a controlling stake in Arsenal in the EPL, which in that case he is the better alternative.

The other owner with enough stake to matter is Alisher Usmanov, who is literally a Russian oligarch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Do you think Stan Kroenke walks into a meeting and discovers its to discuss his Lacrosse team and he straight up doesn't remember he owns a Lacrosse team

• Locked thread