Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

Every stadium should have a roof in the year of our lord 3016. Without one everyone knows the mutants will over-heat and the clone vats just can't keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Volkerball posted:

right back into this bullshit

Stop being shits and let them move to San Jose goddammit

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ozu posted:

The Portland Raiders is happening.

It's not. No one here really cares outside a very small group

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Makes sense. If Chargers are just occupying Kroenke's stadium when the Rams aren't playing, Spanos and co will probably get zero (or very little) income from vendors/parking/advertising. I doubt Chargers would be able to buy enough season seats to compete with the Rams offering a better product in the same location (in a more dynamic division)?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ross Angeles posted:

Jim Trotter on ESPN just said that he talked to an owner and he told him that Kroenke's Inglewood project is going to be about 2.7 billion dollars.

:stare:

How do stadiums get that expensive. US Bank stadium is 1.0 billion. How do you get 270% more expensive than that for the same total product. I would guess the land price in Inglewood vs. Downtown Minneapolis don't make up the difference.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
portland is a garbage city

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Ozu posted:

Portland will never get a second pro team.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Qwijib0 posted:

Gillette, Reliant, Ford and UOP were all built for ~500M. Energy prices are low, China is in a slump and Oakland has a climate where dome is not required. There's no reason a new Oakland facility needs to be more than $600M. That 100M plus G-4 matching funds means davis would only have to find $250M of financing.

With inflation, you can't really get it done for less than 8-900 million. Davis was already offering $500 million in a deal that was going nowhere.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Bip Roberts posted:

How do stadiums get that expensive. US Bank stadium is 1.0 billion. How do you get 270% more expensive than that for the same total product. I would guess the land price in Inglewood vs. Downtown Minneapolis don't make up the difference.

The point is that if Spanos wants to go in as an equity partner, he's responsible for 1.35 billion of that. That's basically the Spanos family's net worth.

So that's not happening.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Bip Roberts posted:

Higher land costs, higher minimum wage, more population density means a lot of logistical obstacles, etc. Still ridiculous, though.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Bip Roberts posted:

He's building a gigantic rear end facility that could host the Olympics and poo poo like that. Bunch of stores and god knows what else. It's intentionally gaudy.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Bip Roberts posted:

Restaurants, Bars, premium finishes, gobs of suites.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

And kick-backs like you wouldn't believe.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream
If Kroenke can just not negotiate in good faith on the lease with either team, couldn't he just de-facto own LA by himself? Like what's to stop him from just being a dick at the lease negotiations?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

portland is a garbage city

its filled with entitled volunteer homeless people who will quickly make you feel like a hardcore bootstrap republican because they really are huge pieces of lazy poo poo.

last time i got yelled at for not giving someone money and also was told to go to the ATM to get a person money i poo poo you not.

beautiful city buy ahhaha its loving embarassing

also we dont need another dome stadium because you KNOW thats what they would build there

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

chupacabraTERROR posted:

If Kroenke can just not negotiate in good faith on the lease with either team, couldn't he just de-facto own LA by himself? Like what's to stop him from just being a dick at the lease negotiations?

Absolutely nothing

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Man this Twitter embed thing has made this thread hell to read in the Awful app.

Where are the Chargers supposed to play if they decide to move this year? Did the Coliseum drop their "one NFL team" limit?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kevyn posted:

Man this Twitter embed thing has made this thread hell to read in the Awful app.

Where are the Chargers supposed to play if they decide to move this year? Did the Coliseum drop their "one NFL team" limit?

There are rumblings about that, yeah

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

It really seems like the most pressing issue was completely neglected today. If the Inglewood plan were to include a 2nd tenant, the terms of that deal should have been priority numero loving uno. Yet they just punted, effectively giving Kroenke complete control of the situation.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Rams Raiders get Jerome Bettis and Meryvn Fernandez back and lets rooooooll.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
fuuuck

https://twitter.com/JimTrotter_NFL/status/687130744276271104

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Bip Roberts posted:

Portland will never get a second pro team.

Is the first one pro lacrosse?

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

Kroebnke is actually a baller, perfect fit for this toilet of a town

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
urgh gently caress kroenke he's such a piece of poo poo in football he's making me hate the avalanche.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ozu posted:

Is the first one pro lacrosse?

Soccer :shrek:

Although to be fair they literally just won whatever the Super Bowl of american soccer is. The Super Cup? The Hipster bowl? So many loving scarves

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Jan 13, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Trail Blazers??

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Well the Blazers too :2bong:

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Barudak posted:

There is extremely lovely American football in China and one of their teams is a bit of a slur against the inhabitants of the city they play in and another is goddamn pandas.

Bears and slurs against the natives as team names? Sounds like they are doing football the American way.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Hundred mil is plenty of money to buy the rusted out carrier for Skull Boat. You don't even need to spend money on the nuclear bits, the coal powered engines that spew black smoke just add to the atmosphere.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I feel like an NFL team in Portland has the chance to bring Supporter Group drama into football, and I think that sounds absolutely hilarious.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
This is $190m brand new.

just make it a little boxier so you can fit the stands on there, give it a sick rear end paint job, and you're fuckin golden, what's the problem.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

LEGO Genetics posted:

holy poo poo the Rams stadium is barely twenty years old? why don't we just lift it up and transport it to Oakland

Maybe its like how you can't sell a car because you haven't finished paying it off yet. You gotta get that pink slip first.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Volkerball posted:

This is $190m brand new.

just make it a little boxier so you can fit the stands on there, give it a sick rear end paint job, and you're fuckin golden, what's the problem.

Every game is a home game!

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs

Bumming Your Scene posted:

Maybe its like how you can't sell a car because you haven't finished paying it off yet. You gotta get that pink slip first.

yeah but we just got 100 million baby, that'll pay off St. Louis, Missouri, the NFl and whoever else we need to transport that place brick by brick

we can even ask to use those vibranium engines that Ultron used to lift up that city

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

so wait Kroenke just basically won dibs on LA and can now screw the ever living daylights outta the other two owners?

AFTER all 3 teams basically burned their bridges outta town and pissed on the ashes?

:laffo: NFL owners, never change you money-hungry bastards

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FuriousxGeorge posted:

Bears and slurs against the natives as team names? Sounds like they are doing football the American way.

Great news, they've also got players spitting on each other and forced public apologies over their fans behavior stemming from issues between Hong Kong and the Mainland so they're only a team named after a bird away from having a functioning NFC East.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Excelzior posted:

so wait Kroenke just basically won dibs on LA and can now screw the ever living daylights outta the other two owners?

AFTER all 3 teams basically burned their bridges outta town and pissed on the ashes?

i feel this is an appropriate video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G23zMGa4g

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Ozu posted:

Do they even sell plaid jerseys?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Even though it was the most obvious thing in the world, Kroenke ending up being the only person in this whole loving debacle who actually got what he wanted is still amazing to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Excelzior posted:

The Billionaire's Version of gently caress You, Got Mine

• Locked thread