Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

neonbregna posted:

Thank you for your service

gently caress off the edge of my dick from the back you piece of human trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I want to win the lottery but I'm afraid of what will happen.

I still am in the military. I'll get a loving statement of charges on everything.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Soulex posted:

I want to win the lottery but I'm afraid of what will happen.

I still am in the military. I'll get a loving statement of charges on everything.

You'll be able to fund the first six hours of our next invasioncontingency operation.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

If I'm buying I'm doing it right.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

If I'm buying I'm doing it right.

Everybody stays home and gets drunk?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

McNally posted:

Everybody stays home and gets drunk?

Essentially.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

How many puppies can we fit on a C-17? With earmuffs so they don't gently caress their hearing up

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Depends; are we talking chihuahuas, danes, huskies, what

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Doesn't matter.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Labs man. Labs love everybody.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

Doesn't matter.

Depends on how long the flight is. Fifteen minutes? We're talking puppies measured in cubic feet. Hours? Square footage all the way.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
please dont airlift a bunch of cute puppies from america the land of freedom and dog lovers to some mideast shithole

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
like the only worse destination for them would probably be north korea

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
a puppy pile the size of a c-17 sounds dope as gently caress

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

please dont airlift a bunch of cute puppies from america the land of freedom and dog lovers to some mideast shithole

gently caress. No.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

The best part is the sad Air Force cunts that have to clean it cause gently caress you.

Puppies would be delivered to a safe location. And not puppy Valhalla or wherever the gently caress.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

The best part is the sad Air Force cunts that have to clean it cause gently caress you.

Puppies would be delivered to a safe location. And not puppy Valhalla or wherever the gently caress.

A farm upstate?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

lightpole posted:

The Chinese don't really poo poo in the street, that's more Indias thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7o5VNdv8LI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3xdW6ycLIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUx45I04e7M

Ya. Sure.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

:stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare::stare:

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

McNally posted:

A farm upstate?

Yeah. I'd buy some land, lots, take in lots of rescues and invite people that could benefit with spending sometime chili with dogs. Paying inclusive and poo poo.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009
My grandfather was the idiot, once.

Papua New Guinea, World War 2. He was an Australian intelligence officer, who lied about his age to enlist at 17. Intelligence seemed a good fit, because he spoke several languages including Japanese, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Hebrew, Mandarin and several local New Guinea dialects. To be clear, I'm reasonably certain he didn't speak all of those at 17, but Japanese, Italian, German I know he did at that time, and he learned the New Guinea stuff while in the army.

I guess the family were not too worried about it, being a "cushy intel office job" and therefore not really going to see much combat. He got deployed to Papua New Guinea and according to him, the first he knew their camp was under attack was when 3 grenades were tossed into the intel tent.

So that's a quick rundown of why he was put into a position wherein, later, after all the poo poo had died down and they were licking their wounds, he was ordered to move a Japanese half-track by the CO, who then hopped into his jeep and prepared to drive off to inspect somewhere else. Grandad hopped up into the vehicle, and not knowing what the gently caress, promptly reversed that half-track over the CO and his jeep.

I have more stories about his time in the war but the rest are pretty all universally :smith:

EDIT: I should clarify that the CO wasn't seriously hurt, but extremely pissed off.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Where was his ground guide?

I did a pretty cool story about Australian Intel when I was there for Talisman Saber. It was some house in Brisbane that was getting a plaque put in front to commemorate it. People still lived there, and they knew about the history of the house. The people in there cracked the Japanese code if I recall. Big big thing.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Soulex posted:

chili with dogs

Korean fusion gets weirder all the time.

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Soulex posted:

Where was his ground guide?

I did a pretty cool story about Australian Intel when I was there for Talisman Saber. It was some house in Brisbane that was getting a plaque put in front to commemorate it. People still lived there, and they knew about the history of the house. The people in there cracked the Japanese code if I recall. Big big thing.

That would probably be Nyrambla. Quite a lot of fascinating Aussie War history out there, none of which is taught in our schools :(

My personal favourite tidbit is the "Brisbane Line", an allied plan to concede Japanese incursion everywhere North of Brisbane if it came to that, and focus defence efforts on Brisbane and Melbourne and Sydney.

A good plan. The native wildlife would have hosed the Japanese up plenty before they even made it that far South.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

McNally posted:

Korean fusion gets weirder all the time.

Fuckigg auto correct

princecoo posted:

That would probably be Nyrambla. Quite a lot of fascinating Aussie War history out there, none of which is taught in our schools :(

My personal favourite tidbit is the "Brisbane Line", an allied plan to concede Japanese incursion everywhere North of Brisbane if it came to that, and focus defence efforts on Brisbane and Melbourne and Sydney.

A good plan. The native wildlife would have hosed the Japanese up plenty before they even made it that far South.

Name sounds familiar. I'd post the video here, but it has my name in it because standards and all that poo poo. I thought it was going to be boring but the sound bites the dudes were saying made it actually really good. One of them was like "their war was not with weapons and guns. Their war was with puzzles." Which is an interesting way to describe your role in WWII IMO.

Also, your guys' military has awesome hats for those never having to wear them. I have two.

But yeah learning about what the Aussies did in the war was pretty cool. I had no idea.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

princecoo posted:

Would you post a thread on this stuff? It sounds pretty drat cool.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

http://www.economist.com/news/asia/21607837-fixing-dreadful-sanitation-india-requires-not-just-building-lavatories-also-changing

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Zeris posted:

Would you post a thread on this stuff? It sounds pretty drat cool.

Some of it is. The house was GEN MacArthur's HQ for a bit if I recall.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Two Finger posted:

Just don't use it to carry water

I'm still mad I never found that trailer

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

atomicthumbs posted:

I'm still mad I never found that trailer

it was a good thread at least

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Idiots in OR asked for supplies, got sent sex toys and dick-shaped gummie bears instead.

http://gawker.com/angry-militia-leader-stop-mailing-us-dildos-1752580458

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/oregon-militia-gag-gifts-dildos-article-1.2495329

http://national.suntimes.com/national-world-news/7/72/2430618/oregon-militia-man-request-stop-sending-us-sex-toys

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm sure idiots are sending them actual supplies too. It's funny when Ritzheimer talks about other people of being "hateful".

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
"Hateful" is just white trash for "Being mean to me"

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
he doesn't hate non-whites, he just thinks everyone should own at least one.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

ded posted:

he doesn't hate non-whites, he just thinks everyone should own at least one.

Oh don't be silly! Of course non-whites have value: labor slaves, sex slaves...

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I just looked him up. Of course he used to be a marine, of course :shepicide:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Also loving lmao when he throws the temper tantrum about the dildos and a bag of dicks and chucks them all off the table. His wife must love all that pent up rage he has.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

I just looked him up. Of course he used to be a marine, of course :shepicide:

also a staff nco, which means being a colossal shitbird makes sense

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
An update on my ID card situation:

There is no news.

So I wrote an email to my casualty assistance officer.

quote:

CPT CAO,

Tomorrow will have been one week since we were at the ID office and submitted a copy of [my wife]'s orders. Surely it doesn't take a week for some clerk to process a single sheet of paper. Have you heard anything from them yet? Is there someone we can speak to in order to light a fire under this? That it's taken so long is ridiculous in and of itself, but what they did by taking my old card is tantamount to denying me survivor's benefits to which I am entitled by law and is utterly unacceptable.

Frankly, I think we should get the IG involved because the process thus far has been a complete farce and the thought that another military survivor might end up going through the same ordeal is infuriating.

v/r

McNally

The original draft said "shitshow" instead of ordeal.

My ID card was taken under the rationale that it became invalid when my wife died. Nope! Turns out it remains valid for 30 days to give me time to get a new one!

The supervisor at the loving office thinks survivor benefits expire when the deceased service member's ETS date rolls around. How loving stupid can you be?

And then they threatened to throw me out of the office for dropping an f-bomb in expression of incredulity when they told me that I don't get any benefits.

I should have told them to smdftb and left, then gone to a different base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
With a situation that dire they should probably man up and eat a dick, hopefully whoever sent them got the "ethnic candy dick" pack