Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i like bohemian rhapsody as being kind of like this wide-reaching, mostly uncontrollable stand that was beaten by using its own powers against itself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
lmao it's a chapter of pucci chasing emporio and he can't go for the kill yet because he slowed time down specifically so he could catch emporio

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah that sure was working really well since Emporio kept running around corners and wasn't actually caught

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Wasn't that the Another One Bites the Dust fight?
Well yeah I guess both, but in Sheer Heart Attack, Josuke and Okuyasu roll up on the fight scene after everyone's down and Kira knows about Crazy Diamond so he tries to pretend to be a bystander and ask Josuke to heal him too like he did Jotaro and Koichi and Josuke wonders why this dude is asking this high school student to heal him and puts two and two together.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

Yeah that sure was working really well since Jotaro/Josuke/Joseph kept running around egypt/a house/wherever they were in battle tendency and weren't actually caught

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Josuke hadn't healed anyone yet, Kira just overheard that he could during the fight between himself, Jotaro, and Koichi.

EDIT: I just reread the fight and it turns out I'm wrong, WHELP. Still disagree that it's dumb though.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 13, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

This isn't comparable because Pucci at any point can kill this child, it is not like any of those characters who can fight back and in Joseph's case Kars actually was loving around which I said he was the exception?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Kira's chapters about trying to blend into Kawajiri's life were some of my favorite parts of Part 4 and I wish there were more of them. Stuff like Kira filing off the shoe sizes his old shoes so his new wife doesn't wonder why he's wearing shoes two sizes smaller than usual and practicing writing his new name and handwriting were aspects of the Body Snatcher plot I hadn't seen before and I really liked it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like I don't even know what you're trying to argue, Kite. The entire point of Pucci's death is he is brought down by his own hubris, that's like the reason he dies at all because he is trying to preach to this child about his grand vision and destiny and ignores the possibility he can be stopped for whatever reason.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
besides, pucci already knew emporio was fated to return back to his room and he didn't know emporio had weather's disc so emporio would've been slaughtered because he was already basically trapped. then pucci's all "small things can change but only I can truly avoid fate now" or whatevs and so emporio puts the disc up to be punched in by pucci, thus changing fate and letting emporio do something else besides die.

it's a really cool fight and idk why baal is so weird about it lol

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

You're both being kinda weird about it, to be honest.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Baal posted:

This isn't comparable because Dio at any point can kill this teenager, it is not like any of those characters who can fight back

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
doesn't Emporio kill Pucci by filling the room with 100% oxygen? that's pretty cool imo

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

FirstAidKite posted:

it's a really cool fight and idk why baal is so weird about it lol

Do you have a problem or something? Like I'm not even trying to be antagonistic right now, but you are being strangely childish

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i have no real opinion on emporio because most of my character-based opinions of stone ocean revolve around 'annasui really sucks and i don't think he improves this arc'

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Gonna ask Kite and Baal to table this conversation for now.

No parting shots.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
unrelated cool pics tho

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Bad Seafood posted:

Josuke hadn't healed anyone yet, Kira just overheard that he could during the fight between himself, Jotaro, and Koichi.

EDIT: I just reread the fight and it turns out I'm wrong, WHELP. Still disagree that it's dumb though.
I just re-read the fight too and totally forgot Kira just cuts off his own hand and runs away.

goddamn kira's cool

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bad Seafood posted:

Gonna ask Kite and Baal to table this conversation for now.

No parting shots.

Absolutely not because it's going to happen again

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am perfectly willing to admit I am wrong about Emporio not pulling the wool from under Pucci, because I looked back and it's kind of subtle, but his hands are their pulling his hat up to let the disc drop.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Bad Seafood posted:

I will say I don't really care for any of Dio's sons who show up in Part 6.

Pucci is a great villain though.

I like Versace because he has the same backstory as the protagonist of Holes and my favorite stand in part 6: literally digging up the past.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I forgot about the Holes stuff that poo poo was hilarious

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Moltrey posted:

Kira's chapters about trying to blend into Kawajiri's life were some of my favorite parts of Part 4 and I wish there were more of them. Stuff like Kira filing off the shoe sizes his old shoes so his new wife doesn't wonder why he's wearing shoes two sizes smaller than usual and practicing writing his new name and handwriting were aspects of the Body Snatcher plot I hadn't seen before and I really liked it.

I like to think about how he had to awkwardly get around using people's names at home and work.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

That one dude saw Jolyne set herself on fire and thought it was so cool he immediately set himself on fire as well. And I can respect that.

Jolyne is very imitable.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Internet Explorer should be Caesars lovely little bubbles.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Baal posted:

I can't think of a jojo villain who did it except like Kars

Literally everyone always tried to go in for the kill while monologuing and in Kira's case he had to follow goofy rear end rules because of his powers

I'm pretty sure Death 13 stopped or at least slowed down to monologue at some point.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Momomo posted:

So I finally buckled down and read the last volume of part 7.

Lucy Steel is the most badass motherfucker in the world.

A couple months ago I decided to reread the Eleven Men fight because that's one of my favorite stand fights by virtue of it basically just being a brutal shoot-out with no frills, and since the First Lady/Tubular Bells chapters came right afterwards I figured why not, read them too. I forgot how much brutal poo poo she went through, like goddamn. Also, killing a raving mad First Lady, somehow I always forgot that over her sitting on Lucy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

We can embed WebM now :3

e: snipped

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 13, 2016

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

[56k warning]

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Silver2195 posted:

I'm pretty sure Death 13 stopped or at least slowed down to monologue at some point.

hes a literal baby

also emporio stomping pucci is cool as heck hes cool just because of that. i like how the child characters get steadily more useful with each part, like they go from being actively detrimental to killing the final villain. tsurugi is going to turn out to be the main protagonist the entire time

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Oh man I can't wait until webms ruin my browsing experience with my lovely connection

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

to be fair, that one's a lot bigger than usual. i'll snip it out. They're much smaller filesize, longer and higher quality than gifs of equal length.

e:
probably need to work on the table breaking aspect but this is only 196kb.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12064557/iggy%20smile7.webm

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 13, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Silver2195 posted:

I mean I was mostly referring to major villains because trash mob goons like Death 13 are always brought down by either their own hubris or being insanely out of their league or a combination of both. That being said Kakyoin would've wrecked him no matter what and fed him poop because Kakyoin's the bomb.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Saa.. Oshioki no jikan da yo, baby~

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Jolyne is very imitable.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

TWIST FIST posted:

hes a literal baby

also emporio stomping pucci is cool as heck hes cool just because of that. i like how the child characters get steadily more useful with each part, like they go from being actively detrimental to killing the final villain. tsurugi is going to turn out to be the main protagonist the entire time

Same, I always thought that was really cool. Even if Poco did end up being helpful in his own way. It's a good way to show the theme that you shouldn't underestimate those technically "weaker" than you.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Momomo posted:

I like to think about how he had to awkwardly get around using people's names at home and work.
I want Breaking Bad but instead of drugs, it's Kira trying not to let everyone know he's a hosed up murderer who stole another man's face.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Kira's chapters were so good, and I think we need more chapters where the villain is the protagonist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I like the part where Kira fights a cat and almost dies before the gang can even home in on him.