Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

So are they going back to White/Blue or Yellow/Blue, that Gold/Navy is garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Should be blue/yellow. That's the best LA Rams scheme.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
They should go with their Color Rush unis :mmmhmm:

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

California is terrible, none of you people from elsewhere should move here and if you're a transplant living in California and grumbling about how much it sucks then feel free to leave.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

It's weird to see the LA people hate on St. Louis so much and the St. Louis people hate on LA. Both are cities that wrongfully, in most cases, catch a lot of poo poo for reasons that aren't really true. When the Rams left LA they had terrible ownership and left town in a greedy haste, thereby loving the fans. When the Rams left STL they had terrible ownership and left town in a greedy haste, thereby loving the fans. What I'm saying is we are all in this together you fuckers.

Kroenke is trash yes, but when thinking about what team to support now I figure all owners are pretty much comic book levels of rich, maniacal, vile characters so who cares. May as well stick with the team I grew up on (I was barely even alive when the football Cards were here, all I know is the Rams) if I'm keeping up with the NFL.
I'm not mad at LA, but St Louis supported a terrible team, even when they won fifteen games total in five years. And the thanks we got was not just relocation heartbreak, but Kroenke and the NFL trashing St Louis as both a market and a city.

If Khan had been allowed to buy the Rams, things would have been fine, but instead Kroenke had to buy them and wage a PR war on the city to justify his LA dreams.

I don't know if the NFL would want to return to StL a third time, but I don't think they'd be welcome back anyway after this shitshow. Maybe we can finally get an MLS team.

Nail Rat posted:

For any old people from St. Louis: was it really confusing having the baseball Cardinals and the football Cardinals? Like in September/October

:v: "I'm going to go to the Cardinals game this weekend."
:haw: "Cool, who's pitching?"
:v: "Uh...Lomax."

Or

:v: "Hey man, I've got free Cardinals tickets! You want to go?"
:haw: "Hell yeah! Who are they playing?"
:v: "The Browns!"
:negative: "Oh, those Cardinals. Actually, I have to wash my car."

We called them The Football Cardinals. It worked out alright.

P.S. I didn't know if you were referring to the football Browns or the old St Louis Browns so your post extra confused me.

Edit: also they didn't play in October much in those days.

PerniciousKnid fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 13, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

bawfuls posted:

California is terrible, none of you people from elsewhere should move here and if you're a transplant living in California and grumbling about how much it sucks then feel free to leave.

Move to Denver they love California transplants.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jan 13, 2016

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kiimo posted:

Move to Denver they love California transplants.

Also Oregon

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
California transplants are hilarious because they think the temperature dropping to the low 60s is cold

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I cannot tell the difference between the throwback LA Rams uniforms and the Delaware Blue Hens uniforms.

Its like Iowa/Steelers for me

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Metapod posted:

California transplants are hilarious because they think the temperature dropping to the low 60s is cold

That's ridiculous.

Low 50s, though

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Should be blue/yellow. That's the best LA Rams scheme.

Yeah I agree, the color scheme from WHEN THEY WON THE SUPER BOWL IN ST LOUIS HUZZAH

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
current color scheme is one of the best in the league imo

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Nail Rat posted:

CFL in the US crashed super hard super fast.

Operating a CFL team is cheap enough somebody could give it a try again. Salary cap last year was $5M.

RecoomesSexyRear
Jul 18, 2003

Trast posted:

At least St. Louis can take the money they were going to spend on a stadium for a billionaire and apply it to education and infrastructure.

Right guys?

Right?

:smith:

St. Louis got its jabs in at the NFL and Kroenke nationally to defend our pride and play the victim totally so that will probably be the maximum effort to do anything.

Lots of St. Louisians are still mad about the Rams players not picking the right team and doing the hands up dont shoot thing. We arent progressing anytime soon.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Qwijib0 posted:

Operating a CFL team is cheap enough somebody could give it a try again. Salary cap last year was $5M.

Someone in TFF needs to win the Powerball and make a CFL team. :colbert:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself

Qwijib0 posted:

After I win the Powerball on Wednesday I'll look into buying a couple.

gently caress youuuuuu

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Ross Angeles posted:

It's "Little Brother" syndrome.

When I lived in Portland, everyone hated Seattle for the same reason.

Which made it funny as gently caress to me when the Seahawks got good and suddenly everyone became 12th men overnight.

2011- "meh, football is lame, gently caress Seattle"
2014 - "OMG GO HAWKS IVE BEEN A FAN MY WHOLE LIFE"

basically gently caress Seattle until they are good at something Portland doesn't have and then omg best bros

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

PerniciousKnid posted:

I don't know if the NFL would want to return to StL a third time, but I don't think they'd be welcome back anyway after this shitshow. Maybe we can finally get an MLS team.
I don't have a link handy but the Mayor of St. Louis said he is officially done with the NFL and wants nothing to do with them ever again.

\/\/ true

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Jan 13, 2016

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

I don't have a link handy but the Mayor of St. Louis said he is officially done with the NFL and wants nothing to do with them ever again.

I mean he won't be the mayor forever so :shrug:

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

With the Powerball jackpot you could probably buy the TBD Chargers of the NFL.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

GaussianCopula posted:

With the Powerball jackpot you could probably buy the TBD Chargers of the NFL.

nope. You could buy the Raiders though

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

Yeah, but that's one big splurge. With 1.5b, you could run a CFL team indefinitely.

Plus CFL could use the publicity.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

the st louis goons with star-QB Lowtax

sponsored by 4loko

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/davidhunn/status/687279703426596864

St. Louis to lovely for the Raiders

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

AsInHowe posted:

I have a friend who has lived in LA their entire life contemplating moving to Detroit, just to get out of LA.

He can give it a test try in San Bernardino

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Oklahoma City Raiders

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

Yeah, but that's one big splurge. With 1.5b, you could run a CFL team indefinitely.

Plus CFL could use the publicity.

Well, you are aware that an NFL franchise is basically a money printer with some additional perks.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Oklahoma City Raiders

:frogon:

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
I'll buy the Timberwolves and start a Let's Play thread in SAS about it.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Bumming Your Scene posted:

He can give it a test try in San Bernardino

San Bernardino is worse than Detroit because it doesn't have a bunch of hipsters trying to gentrify the city core

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Gone Baptizin posted:

Lots of St. Louisians are still mad about the Rams players not picking the right team and doing the hands up dont shoot thing. We arent progressing anytime soon.

this type of social split between metro area proper and suburbs isn't isolated to st.louis, pick literally any city in the US

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
@Alex_Flanagan
NFL has framework of a stadium deal between the rams/chargers. Chargers vetting it now and barring anything unforeseen, plan on going to LA

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Welp. Later San Diego.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

sba posted:

@Alex_Flanagan
NFL has framework of a stadium deal between the rams/chargers. Chargers vetting it now and barring anything unforeseen, plan on going to LA

That was fast.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
all this talk of garbage-tier cities makes me feel superior about my home city, thanks everybody!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
loving hell

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I agree with whoever said those shadows from the grid will be distracting.

edit: actually thinking about it that's not how photons work, it's far enough away that that won't be a thing.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

It's going to be the NRG God-ray times a million.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Trast posted:

At least St. Louis can take the money they were going to spend on a stadium for a billionaire and apply it to education and infrastructure.

Right guys?

Right?

:smith:

St. Louis City Public Schools got their accreditation back, so no need for more education, pump it all into sports.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

lol it looks like a generic Irvine business park with a giant stadium stuck in the middle

• Locked thread