Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

clockworkjoe posted:

The point break heists have shown that Overkill's level design skills are still there. I bet the goat levels will be fun and pretty well-designed. Is Lion doing any more Payday 2 content or are they focused on that WW2 game they're making?

Unclear- their twitter account's been silent for months now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Grapplejack posted:

You might as well be vox now

Stop before you write 50 pages of design fanfiction.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

UnknownMercenary posted:

Stop before you write 50 pages of design fanfiction.

It's only at 42 right now, and that's counting a backup of the old list of goon-submitted achievement ideas.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

Oh god, there's a trailer for the goat simulheister DLC that's entirely the characters talking about why you should buy indie game DLC at launch.

Here's the video.

this is the greatest thing ive ever seen

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Full trailer.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Grapplejack posted:

You might as well be vox now

no.... NO

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Dolphin in a wheelchair is the best thing I have ever seen

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OI_tJRP5cc

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

The tone of sadness to "Nice throw" was beautiful.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

How do you record Payday 2, anyway? I use OBS but I just get a black screen with it, no matter what I try.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Elman posted:

How do you record Payday 2, anyway? I use OBS but I just get a black screen with it, no matter what I try.

If you have a sufficiently new* Nvidia card, just use Shadowplay.

* Not actually all that new.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

LuciferMorningstar posted:

If you have a sufficiently new* Nvidia card, just use Shadowplay.

* Not actually all that new.

This. Also, if you're recording Fullscreen, don't check the Desktop Capture option. Do check it if you're running windowed or borderless.

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Who's down to kill & chill tonight? I'll be on the lfg mumble & the goons group chat after 11p est.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
https://zippy.gfycat.com/DisastrousIckyCockerspaniel.webm

kinkouin
Nov 7, 2014

He left out the part where you must ask Discendo Vox to give you the full history of "The Secret".

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Leaked spoilers for the new heist.

kinkouin posted:

He left out the part where you must ask Discendo Vox to give you the full history of "The Secret".

A full history of "The Secret":

There was a badly made ARG puzzle thing in the first payday. I helped solve it and got my name in the game in big letters. There will be a similar thing in payday 2. It's not ingame yet.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jan 14, 2016

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Goat heister confirmed.

Is it bad that the thing I'm most interested in is what new track(s) we're getting? Kind of hoping for just a remix of an existing track (Razormind, Full Force Forward, etc) made up of nothing but goat sounds, it would still sound less repetitive than Dead Man's Hand.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
There's banjos in the trailer and teaser site so I want to see this become some kind of techno deliverance piece Hopefully owning the Goat simulator Payday DLC will unlock goat songs to play in payday 2, if only just the weird Super Song of the 70 playing at the end of the SECRET TRAILER.

God its like waiting for presents on Christmas morning all over again.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Oh god that Super Secret Teaser is amazing. And they even used the cop from Payday 2 in the end scene.

This can't come out soon enough.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Sykic posted:

Goat heister confirmed.

New special enemy is getting released with the goat heist!

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Kikas posted:

Oh god that Super Secret Teaser is amazing. And they even used the cop from Payday 2 in the end scene.

This can't come out soon enough.

"All right, he convinced me. I'm taking this poo poo outta my steam cart."
"Leave it. In. Your. Cart."

If the GS devs wanted me to reconsider their game, they've succeeded. Anyone have Goat Simulator and care to give some info on it beyond what the steam store has?

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

beats for junkies posted:

"All right, he convinced me. I'm taking this poo poo outta my steam cart."
"Leave it. In. Your. Cart."

If the GS devs wanted me to reconsider their game, they've succeeded. Anyone have Goat Simulator and care to give some info on it beyond what the steam store has?

You're a goat and you're free to cause any amount of mayhem you want. Also you ragdoll all over the place. It's best experienced firsthand.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Be forewarned that Goat Simulator is a game you can very easily burn out on or lose interest in if you're going into it expecting to laugh because of some grandiose joke. It's strength entirely relies on the player's ability to take a game and ruin it and find satisfaction in causing a cascading rag doll nightmare to fall on itself. But with the amount of effort Coffee Stain still puts into its game, Goat Simulator is both one of the only legitimate and self mocking Simulator games that is worth it in my opinion. It walks a very fine line between simple garbage and some smug freshman art project/flipped Unity asset con-job that tries to defend its "intentional" awfulness behind a veil of post modern "You bring your own interpretations to it, maaan" bullshit that both flood into steam like a endless river of crap.

It's just a silly game and you can tell the people that make it really like what they do.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Be forewarned that Goat Simulator is a game you can very easily burn out on or lose interest in if you're going into it expecting to laugh because of some grandiose joke. It's strength entirely relies on the player's ability to take a game and ruin it and find satisfaction in causing a cascading rag doll nightmare to fall on itself. But with the amount of effort Coffee Stain still puts into its game, Goat Simulator is both one of the only legitimate and self mocking Simulator games that is worth it in my opinion. It walks a very fine line between simple garbage and some smug freshman art project/flipped Unity asset con-job that tries to defend its "intentional" awfulness behind a veil of post modern "You bring your own interpretations to it, maaan" bullshit that both flood into steam like a endless river of crap.

It's just a silly game and you can tell the people that make it really like what they do.

Then again, if you're a completionist, Goat Simulator people understand that type of mentality too, so like a proper sandbox it has a shitton of things to see, do and destroy in each level. Also you can do "tricks", and there's a list of those to complete as well.

Oh and be wary that optimisation is not the game's strongest forte, but then again you're playing Payday 2 so you're probably used to it :v:

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Kikas posted:

Then again, if you're a completionist, Goat Simulator people understand that type of mentality too, so like a proper sandbox it has a shitton of things to see, do and destroy in each level. Also you can do "tricks", and there's a list of those to complete as well.

Oh and be wary that optimisation is not the game's strongest forte, but then again you're playing Payday 2 so you're probably used to it :v:

It's not just Payday, I'm apparently addicted to getting janky European games (7.62 High Calibre, Blackguards, the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games, and the Gothic games), so just "unoptimized" would be an improvement. :)

Thanks for the Goat Sim info. It's on my wishlist now, but I might just wait for a sale. I'm already getting the GS Heist as soon as Overkill lets us give them money for it.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

So does Payday: Goats come out today? Im not seeing it in the steam store.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Heisters to put into the game to keep the tears of bullshit flowing:

Johnny Gat - Mask: Giant Johnny Gat helmet

Lo Wang - Mask: Old Lo Wang's Face

Bayonetta - Mask: Those stupid giant glasses from the 50's. Obviously pink.

Slash from GNR - Mask: His hair

Peter Stormare - Mask: none, who the gently caress would believe Peter Stormare would rob a bank?

A Goat: Mask: A Sheep

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Peter Storemare's character from Until Dawn giving you heist assignments would be magical.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

LowellDND posted:

So does Payday: Goats come out today? Im not seeing it in the steam store.

Steam usually updates at what, 10am pacific? You've got another hour or so.

Basticle posted:

Peter Storemare would be magical.

I think this is closer to accurate. Just put him in the game. As a heister. As a contact. As Bain. I don't give a drat.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
We're unfortunately at the mercy of OVERKILL time so it can take anywhere from noon EST to four for the final page to hit and for the DLC/update to be bought and played. I know, it's painful for me too. :(

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Bain's father.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 9 minutes!
this thread better pop when things happen today, i'm running around and don't have the time to watch it.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Basticle posted:

Bain's father.

oh man. :allears:

Have him and Bain get into arguments over the radio when you're trying to stealth a heist. And then louder arguments when you're in a loud heist.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Basticle posted:

Peter Storemare's character from Until Dawn giving you heist assignments would be magical.

Are the four of you enjoying this little game you're playing?!?!?!!?

*gif of sykic flamethrowering vox set to yakkety sax*

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Basticle posted:

:allears:

Basticle posted:

Bain's father.

gently caress man, this is beautiful.

Psion posted:

Have him and Bain get into arguments over the radio when you're trying to stealth a heist. And then louder arguments when you're in a loud heist.

Genius.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jan 14, 2016

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Psion posted:

oh man. :allears:

"Look! JUST LOOK! Now one of them is in custody! ARE YOU HAPPY!? WITH THE MESS YOU'VE MADE FOR YOURSELF?"

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
And according to this PC Gamer article, Goat Simulator: Payday is actually its own wacky style payday element where you can take jobs for the goat mafia or free form destroy with all of the gang you see in both videos. And in another stunning twist people are actually mocking the rabid Reddit population that will go anywhere to froth at the mouth about seeing Payday and DLC in the same sentence. Will miracles ever cease?!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Deviant posted:

*gif of sykic flamethrowering vox set to yakkety sax*

Flamethrowers don't do friendly fire damage. :colbert: I'd like to be the one arguing with Bain over comms, though. :goonsay:"See, the way you should do this heist, to make it more dynamic..."

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Crabtree posted:

the weird Super Song of the 70 playing at the end of the SECRET TRAILER.

If you can't get enough of that in the meantime, it's really clearly a knockoff (with new lyrics) of "Tighten Up" by Archie Bell & the Drells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Allen Wren posted:

If you can't get enough of that in the meantime, it's really clearly a knockoff (with new lyrics) of "Tighten Up" by Archie Bell & the Drells.

Sweet, I was missing something like this since This is Our Time. But I guess we can only hope for Funk songs in a actual heist on the caliber of Parliament Funkadelic or Bobby Womack until we get a legit 1970s heist in classics.

It'll be the heist where Dallas is the new kid and Chains is replaced with his father, Black Dynamite.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 14, 2016