Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

At first I was all like "what does being a small female have to do with this...."

Holy hell this is up there for disturbing videos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Male Tears posted:

Yeah, it's just viral marketing.

Content:

Club Geluk seems pretty great. I can't tell which one is the fake

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Oh yeah

:nms::nms::nms::nms::nms::nms::nms:
http://i.imgur.com/9HNR3qJ.webm
Oh yeah

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Bast Relief posted:

Speaking of knitted people...
https://vimeo.com/16325310

V Oh cool! I just know how to drop-spindle.

I honestly prefer spindling to working on a wheeWHAT THE HELL AM I WATCHING?

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Someone posted this photo in the last thread:
:nws: http://i.imgur.com/Tf3in0U.png :nws:

Anyway, that thread ended before I managed to post, but I know that person irl (and she's not a particularly great person, so I don't feel bad about posting this). Her burlesque page came recommended for me on my sidebar today, so I figured it'd be a good time to post more of her AUG. Her name isn't included, but I've left the page name there as it's public.

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/9famqa4.jpg:nws:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

This is weirdly satisfying?

impossiboobs posted:

Anyway, that thread ended before I managed to post, but I know that person irl (and she's not a particularly great person, so I don't feel bad about posting this). Her burlesque page came recommended for me on my sidebar today, so I figured it'd be a good time to post more of her AUG. Her name isn't included, but I've left the page name there as it's public.

That was me! I have a deeply personal grudge against that woman, but that's saying nothing about the LARP group for whom she is the unofficial mascot. The group which was made popular because Toronto's other LARP group was famous for having a lot of on-set sexual assaults. :downs: What a city.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

That is also how I made her acquaintance. LARP feuds bring out the worst in the worst people.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

impossiboobs posted:

While I get how you can think she's AUG after that tonsil thing she looks fine. Maybe not someone I'd hang out with but not tonsil stones gross.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

cash crab posted:

This is weirdly satisfying?

That was me! I have a deeply personal grudge against that woman, but that's saying nothing about the LARP group for whom she is the unofficial mascot. The group which was made popular because Toronto's other LARP group was famous for having a lot of on-set sexual assaults. :downs: What a city.

You're probably one of those people who like zip popping videos. And I had early onset of that a few years ago when I had a really bad sore through that caused my tonsils to flare up and that enabled food to get stuck in them. It's not fun because there's only so much you can do about it. There's a point where gargling with salt water won't do it and you just gotta jab them with the end of your toothbrush.

And I remember seeing her around. I THINK i saw her when the Bovine had Nerd Nights a while back. Don't think she preformed, but she was there. Looks familiar.

Man, some high effort there. Also, gotta love the Spartan guy. You just know he argues that Spartans could beat any medieval knight. Like to see a Spartan spear or sword try to get though Gothic or Italian plate, not to mention their success was due to the phalanx working at a single unit, not one guy flipping around.

I object to this being a comics fan and that certain people should not be wearing skin tight spandex.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

Birb Katter posted:

While I get how you can think she's AUG after that tonsil thing she looks fine. Maybe not someone I'd hang out with but not tonsil stones gross.

Post Your Favorite (or Request) › Awkward Ugly & Gross: No arguing about what is/isn't ugly/awkward. No one cares.

Have some bonus LARPers to get your fix, then.

LARP is an endless supply of AUG.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

impossiboobs posted:

Post Your Favorite (or Request) › Awkward Ugly & Gross: No arguing about what is/isn't ugly/awkward. No one cares.

Have some bonus LARPers to get your fix, then.

LARP is an endless supply of AUG.

I'd not be surprised if the first guy killed and cleaned those bones.

And the second guy, he just is AUG bingo

Silly Hat (probably fedora)
cane (bonus points for having a skull on top, probably has a sword in it too)
Juxtaposition between an attempt at style and a pigsty of a room
Vape pen (sorry, these are inherently AUG)

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

impossiboobs posted:

Toronto's burlesque scene is loving garbage. It's absolute trash with no actual effort put in by a bunch of talentless flabby weirdos who are too sad and flabby to be strippers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvhcNsa19y8

If you want to get to the "good part" skip to 4:00 where a chick tries to waddle on stage while swinging a piece of cardboard with a poorly painted Ganandorf on it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Toronto's burlesque scene is loving garbage. It's absolute trash with no actual effort put in by a bunch of talentless flabby weirdos who are too sad and flabby to be strippers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvhcNsa19y8

If you want to get to the "good part" skip to 4:00 where a chick tries to waddle on stage while swinging a piece of cardboard with a poorly painted Ganandorf on it.

About half I've seen are like that, a quarter are actually making an effort, but they're still amateurs. The last quarter are actually fairly decent. I think the problem is nerd stuff and burlesque got tied together really early here and that's all we get for the most part. I know at least one actually good Toronto Burlesque dancer, like goes all over the world to preform, but she's certainly in the minority.

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

About half I've seen are like that, a quarter are actually making an effort, but they're still amateurs. The last quarter are actually fairly decent. I think the problem is nerd stuff and burlesque got tied together really early here and that's all we get for the most part. I know at least one actually good Toronto Burlesque dancer, like goes all over the world to preform, but she's certainly in the minority.

I'd say a good 80% of burlesque here are just girls who don't want to use the "stripper" title and pretend that grabbing your asscheeks and spreading them on stage or whipping your naked titties around is "artistic" instead of what it really is; really bad old timey stripping. The fact that barely anyone can even figure out what choreography is instead of wandering on stage and flailing wildly by now amazes me.

At least our Drag Queen shows are pretty good, and they even have the Buddies in Bad Times theatre/club. I hope the lovely drag king community collapses though, my god those events are the most boring ones I've ever been to.

Octavion
Apr 5, 2009

If you're going to dress "classy" at least put on some dress shoes and trousers without frayed ends.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Mr Hootington posted:

Don't worry! It only causes minor flashbacks and touching mason jars will cause momentary anus pains.

Yeah after watching it yesterday I did actually experience a little flashback of disgust today.

Brrrrr.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

You're probably one of those people who like zip popping videos. And I had early onset of that a few years ago when I had a really bad sore through that caused my tonsils to flare up and that enabled food to get stuck in them. It's not fun because there's only so much you can do about it. There's a point where gargling with salt water won't do it and you just gotta jab them with the end of your toothbrush.

And I remember seeing her around. I THINK i saw her when the Bovine had Nerd Nights a while back. Don't think she preformed, but she was there. Looks familiar.

Man, some high effort there. Also, gotta love the Spartan guy. You just know he argues that Spartans could beat any medieval knight. Like to see a Spartan spear or sword try to get though Gothic or Italian plate, not to mention their success was due to the phalanx working at a single unit, not one guy flipping around.

I object to this being a comics fan and that certain people should not be wearing skin tight spandex.

Not to be pedantic but I don't think those top guys are LARPers. The weapon construction and stuff looks much more in line with Dagorhir or Belegarth and complaining about those guys having lazy costumes is like comparing college kids at a Halloween party to pro cosplayers since the costume requirements for those kind of games are really more for just having goofy fun and doing basically exactly what these guys are doing. None of them seem to have their weapons correctly marked for any normal foam battle game so I have no idea what rules they're using and most field marshals wouldn't let you on the field with that much uncovered duct tape so I'm going to guess it's just some friends dicking around in a field.

Edit: Nope, just found their website. It's technically a LARP but a very very casual one with really loose weapon construction rules. They have a bunch of goofy activity based stuff and it generally looks like a pretty fun if not extremely not serious group of people.

El Estrago Bonito has a new favorite as of 13:33 on Jan 14, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

twistedmentat posted:

I'm glad that Nick Clegg has more time for his hobby now.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm grandma's folding chair

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

El Estrago Bonito posted:

Not to be pedantic but I don't think those top guys are LARPers. The weapon construction and stuff looks much more in line with Dagorhir or Belegarth and complaining about those guys having lazy costumes is like comparing college kids at a Halloween party to pro cosplayers since the costume requirements for those kind of games are really more for just having goofy fun and doing basically exactly what these guys are doing. None of them seem to have their weapons correctly marked for any normal foam battle game so I have no idea what rules they're using and most field marshals wouldn't let you on the field with that much uncovered duct tape so I'm going to guess it's just some friends dicking around in a field.

Edit: Nope, just found their website. It's technically a LARP but a very very casual one with really loose weapon construction rules. They have a bunch of goofy activity based stuff and it generally looks like a pretty fun if not extremely not serious group of people.

Nobody gives a gently caress about whether you consider their LARP up to standard.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:goonsay:
also AUG.txt

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Octavion posted:

If you're going to dress "classy" at least put on some dress shoes and trousers without frayed ends.

That and take down the Big Bang Theory poster.

edit:

NEEEEEEEEEEEERD!
*throws pencil at you while taking a test

Solice Kirsk has a new favorite as of 14:35 on Jan 14, 2016

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

What makes vape pens AUG? I never understood the negative reaction they invoke in so many people. Some douch doing it inside or in others' faces is lovely, but in general it just seems like another dumb habit some people enjoy.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

JoelJoel posted:

What makes vape pens AUG? I never understood the negative reaction they invoke in so many people. Some douch doing it inside or in others' faces is lovely, but in general it just seems like another dumb habit some people enjoy.

They're like fedoras--when employed properly, they're fine. Thing is, you never see them employed properly. It's always some greasy neckbeard smugly sucking a glowing robot penis, taking breaks occasionally to remind everyone around that he's not "smoking," he's vaping, so he's allowed to do it indoors :smug:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

They're like fedoras--when employed properly, they're fine. Thing is, you never see them employed properly. It's always some greasy neckbeard smugly sucking a glowing robot penis, taking breaks occasionally to remind everyone around that he's not "smoking," he's vaping, so he's allowed to do it indoors :smug:

Yeah, it's that nerds think it's "cooler" than smoking.

A guy uses his at my workplace, in a city where they are to be treated the same as cigarettes under the law IIRC. He already had a few complaints from coworkers because they find it irritating (as in, physically irritating). I told him he could get his rear end fired pretty quick if the wrong people see him do it but he didn't seem to mind.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

JoelJoel posted:

Every single person I've ever spoken to that's vaped has been utterly insufferable about it. I had multiple classes with somebody that would sit front and center and vape literally the entire time despite being told to stop.

I've seen a few people non-obnoxiously vaping but for whatever reason vaping attracts some real poo poo bags.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Vapes are treated the same as cigarettes at my workplace as per city bylaw and when we remind users they can't use them they get so much more indignant than smokers. They blow vapor in our faces and act like complete assholes. The smokers usually apologize. Every vaper has treated us like poo poo. Every single one.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mak0rz posted:

He already had a few complaints from coworkers because they find it irritating (as in, physically irritating). I told him he could get his rear end fired pretty quick if the wrong people see him do it but he didn't seem to mind.

"Maaan I love my vape. I've been told I can't use it during overnight shifts anymore because it makes <coworker name> cough and it's annoying!" - Something this guy actually said the other day.

Picnic Princess posted:

Vapes are treated the same as cigarettes at my workplace as per city bylaw and when we remind users they can't use them they get so much more indignant than smokers. They blow vapor in our faces and act like complete assholes. The smokers usually apologize. Every vaper has treated us like poo poo. Every single one.

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure a lot of vapers adopt it only because they think "It's like smoking but not, so I can do it anywhere!" and then throw a shitfit when they learn that no, they actually cannot.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The cigarette-type micro vapes that you see on TV and in the gas station were marketed towards that. The infomercials hammered it in over-and-over that you could use them indoors.

It's one thing if you're using a cig-a-like that puts out very little vapor to begin with, one where you can hold your breath for 3 seconds and exhale literally no vapor. Nobody ever complained when I would use mine in the classroom, and this was a small class where we all knew each other well enough to say something if there was a problem. It was not an issue on campus at all.

Until a massively girthy neckbeard showed up in someone's class with a huge glowing robodong and started fogging poo poo up, at which point they were instantly banned.

I am AUG enough to own my own great big robo cock but I only use it at home because it looks stupid as gently caress.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Last time this came up in my office, the vaper told people that his habit was just like drinking coffee, if not more healthy and if he has to stop smoking, everyone should stop drinking coffee around him. We did not pour hot coffee on him, although I kind of want to switch out his juice stuff for the non-nicotine stuff.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Mak0rz posted:

"Maaan I love my vape. I've been told I can't use it during overnight shifts anymore because it makes <coworker name> cough and it's annoying!" - Something this guy actually said the other day.

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure a lot of vapers adopt it only because they think "It's like smoking but not, so I can do it anywhere!" and then throw a shitfit when they learn that no, they actually cannot.

Bartender: "Hey, man, can you take that outside? It's illegal to smoke indoors now, and I don't want to see you get in trouble."

Smoker: "Oh, poo poo, dude, I'm sorry. I'll go outside. Thanks for letting me know."

Vaper: "IT'S NOT SMOKING IT'S VAPING, IDIOT, LOOK" *puffs huge cloud of scented vapor in barkeep's face* "SEE IT'S JUST VAPOR SO I CAN USE IT INDOORS, GOD"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Eponine posted:

Last time this came up in my office, the vaper told people that his habit was just like drinking coffee, if not more healthy and if he has to stop smoking, everyone should stop drinking coffee around him. We did not pour hot coffee on him, although I kind of want to switch out his juice stuff for the non-nicotine stuff.

Vaping's been banned in my office starting this year, too. It went something like that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKH9ECC_Qa4

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Eponine posted:

How the hell are they even equivalent at all? Not only that but it's been pretty strongly proven that coffee doesn't really hurt you unless you way overdo it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I use a vape for my weed, it's not as harsh and gives a better high :shobon:

also quick thread title reminder, you know who you are

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Vaping flavored liquid will cause faint scents in the air around the vaper. Drinking hot coffee will result in faint coffee scents in the air around the drinker. Vaping, unlike drinking coffee, does not stain your teeth or make you jittery.

Drinking coffee also doesn't make you a huge tool. He continues to vape in the office. And I saw him making tea the other day.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Eponine posted:

Vaping flavored liquid will cause faint scents in the air around the vaper. Drinking hot coffee will result in faint coffee scents in the air around the drinker. Vaping, unlike drinking coffee, does not stain your teeth or make you jittery.

Drinking coffee also doesn't make you a huge tool. He continues to vape in the office. And I saw him making tea the other day.

What if he started vaping coffee?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

How the hell are they even equivalent at all? Not only that but it's been pretty strongly proven that coffee doesn't really hurt you unless you way overdo it.

"Nuh Uh, Billy was doing it too! And you do [other thing] which is just as bad! It's not fair! Mooooooooom!"

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

some guy in gbs mentioned that vaping makes people uncomfortable because the exhaled vapor clouds are a reminder than everyone's breath is floating around the room, except invisible

Perhaps a penguin
Dec 12, 2009

Just because a thing might be good, doesn't mean it's going to attract good people. Vaping is one of those things. Some people make a hobby of it. Speaking as an ex-pack-a-day smoker who switched to vaping, that's almost like making methadone a hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

:hf: lets touch our vapes together, pack-a-day-quitting-buddy

• Locked thread