Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!

Go RV! posted:

In 10 years, we'll hear Paisley "Chica" Alvarez complain about 50/50 booking and lockups in blood feud blowoffs.

A single tear rolls down Bryan's cheek as he wheels Vinny out of the studio, as he can no longer walk because he lost his feet to diabetes

Yeah like Vinny's gonna be alive in 10 years...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Luigi Thirty posted:

Everyone listen to the first 20 minutes of Bryan and Vinny and Whitney.

Yes. I often skip B&V shows but I'm glad I took everyone's advice because holy loving poo poo that was amazing.

I hope Bryan is somehow put int the position where he has to teach a sex ed class someday.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Thauros posted:

Yes. I often skip B&V shows but I'm glad I took everyone's advice because holy loving poo poo that was amazing.

I hope Bryan is somehow put int the position where he has to teach a sex ed class someday.

I would pay money for a video where Bryan explains, with visual aids, the anatomy of the ideal human.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Tr33 posted:

Yeah like Vinny's gonna be alive in 10 years...

Craig is waaaay fatter than Vinny

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Craig is waaaay fatter than Vinny

Craig is the type of fat where I bet you can hear him breathing from across a crowded room.

Whitney seems very nice

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Glamorama26 posted:

Craig is the type of fat where I bet you can hear him breathing from across a crowded room.

Whitney seems very nice

I lost a prograps Twitter bet and had to donate $10 to Whale Scout. She sent me a personal thank-you email the next day with a note saying she doesn't understand Twitter arguments but is grateful for the donation.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Speaking of B & V, I'm watching some Suzuki 'coz he's great and found this: Bryan and Vinny review Minoru Suzuki vs Mechamummy. Hilarious.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iroBHyGKow4

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

"Ken Anderson was doing voice over work for a top secret squirrel video game" is the best note in observer history

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm just going to assume that Marvel is finally making the Squirrel Girl game I keep sending them letters about

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I'd assume Big Dave just doesn't remember Secret Squirrel.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Muddy Burphy posted:

That but Brock. It was almost endearing until he doubled down on it and went on his "everyone is a GEEK~!" rant again.

i mean, he's not wrong

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

abraham linksys posted:

I'm just going to assume that Marvel is finally making the Squirrel Girl game I keep sending them letters about

Xerzes posted:

I'd assume Big Dave just doesn't remember Secret Squirrel.

It's probably a new Conker game.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

I don't know if this is a reliable source, but the MSL and Sullivan show on MLW reported that Jim Ross will be the new lead announcer for NJPW on AXS with Mauro leaving.

Now I REALLY wish I got AXS :( (if it's true)

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

I don't trust MSL and I don't know how well to trust Sullivan even though he knows JR pretty well. I won't fully believe it until I hear it from JR.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Danny, the guest host in today's Bryan and Vinny show, is....interesting.

"Our daughter and us have a different kind of relationship than the rest of her friends with their parents..." :stare:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

JR denied the report on Twitter as well.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

It'll be Striker. It's always Striker.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Judging from recent tweets it looks like there is some validity to the rumor but no deal has been finalized:

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/688017665810640896

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Electric Lady posted:

"Our daughter and us have a different kind of relationship than the rest of her friends with their parents..." :stare:

My wife and I are both 32. Her daughter from a previous relationship is almost 11. Can confirm, most of the other parents are A LOT older than us. Her best friend's dad is like, 10 years older than we are so yeah. As a parent, the dynamic is significantly different when your kids don't look at you like you're shouting "get off my lawn!" at them.

On that note. Cold Stone Steve Austin.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Jan 15, 2016

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Thauros posted:

Judging from recent tweets it looks like there is some validity to the rumor but no deal has been finalized:

https://twitter.com/JRsBBQ/status/688017665810640896

That would be correct. He hasn't signed yet. From my understanding the one thing Jim wants to get added is he wants AXS TV to promote his one man shows.

Also from what I am told he didn’t want it out as AXS was going to have him do media to publicize it and he was going to drop the news on his podcast.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Skinty McEdger posted:

It'll be Striker. It's always Striker.

cancelling my directTV subscription, gently caress THAT

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Electric Lady posted:

Danny annoyed the poo poo out of me tbh.

That comment about someone in Bryan's family must have a chihuahua because they're Mexican was awful.

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Danny was indeed the first guest host that got on my nerves. He was mostly quiet at least

Tr33
May 26, 2007

So one goon's mind goes straight to incest and the other didn't get that the Bryan/mexicans owning a chihuahua thing was clearly meant to be an absurd and ridiculous untrue statement and not an indictment of mexicans, but Danny's the annoying one. OK.

He did just fine like the other guests hosts. His only real downfall was that the Sid song was a lil weak and he admitted that before hand.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Tr33 posted:

So one goon's mind goes straight to incest and the other didn't get that the Bryan/mexicans owning a chihuahua thing was clearly meant to be an absurd and ridiculous untrue statement and not an indictment of mexicans, but Danny's the annoying one. OK.

He did just fine like the other guests hosts. His only real downfall was that the Sid song was a lil weak and he admitted that before hand.

hi danny

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Hi, need something you need cleaned?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

"[Thunder] is having worse matches than Shoulders Torelli." -Dr. Lucha

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

Luigi Thirty posted:

"[Thunder] is having worse matches than Shoulders Torelli." -Dr. Lucha

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Tr33 posted:

He was worse than the first two guys but better than the last one that they did retro raw/nitro with.

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Reaverbot posted:

He was worse than the first two guys but better than the last one that they did retro raw/nitro with.

Edit: this isnt going to go any place good.

anyway. That's a fair assessment.

Tr33 fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jan 15, 2016

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
See You on Thunder Episode 2

Naitch and I discuss the Starrcade 98 go home, Starrcade 98 and the follow up Nitro!

http://tindeck.com/listen/cnvpe

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

oatgan posted:

"Ken Anderson was doing voice over work for a top secret squirrel video game" is the best note in observer history

"eat Ole and Arn Anderson"

LIKEINEEDTHIS
Oct 3, 2012

by Smythe
I thought Talk is Jericho with the New Day and The Usos this past monday was really good and entertaining. I feel like if B&V can't find any entertainment value in that then they are just listlessly condemning the rare good segment with the rest of the garbage, which is pretty lazy and not fun to listen to.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

jericho makes me really uncomfortable and sad inside

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

On the flip side, I really enjoyed his recent appearance on Ric Flair's podcast - "I just went upstairs and hid and since they couldn't find me they just forgot about the booking for the night and did something else."

Also he still gets the best range of guests for his own show, and he's good at interviewing.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Got around to listening to Filthy Tom and Bryan reviewing the TNA TV and PPV and holy poo poo is this the funniest show of the year so far.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

On the flip side, I really enjoyed his recent appearance on Ric Flair's podcast - "I just went upstairs and hid and since they couldn't find me they just forgot about the booking for the night and did something else."
What was this in reference to? That's amazing.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
New Pisscast!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

LividLiquid posted:

What was this in reference to? That's amazing.

When Jericho was doing the Goldberg angle where he was constantly poo poo-talking Goldberg whenever he wasn't in the building, it was with the understanding that they would do a PPV where Goldberg absolutely obliterated him. Then one day he showed up to Nitro and was told he was going to be in a generic 1-minute TV squash against Goldberg that night, completely negating everything he'd done for absolutely no payoff. Jericho was furious but was told it was just going to happen and that was that. Taking advice Benoit had given him, he just went upstairs and hid in a lounge somewhere. When Nitro started and they couldn't find him, the agents/producers just shrugged and did something else instead (if the match was even still set to happen at that point) because nobody did anything beyond a cursory look for him backstage. Flair was amazed when Jericho told this story, because he'd been running away to the bar to try and avoid getting booked against Konnan.

Best part for me was when Jericho showed up the next week he was called to see Bischoff, JJ Dillon and Hulk Hogan! They demanded to know why he wasn't there for his match the previous week, and Jericho explained his reasoning - he wanted Goldberg to utterly destroy him on a PPV for five minutes straight, because it would be a bigger payoff, prove Goldberg was utterly superior and that Jericho was full of hot air, and payoff all the weeks of Jericho talking poo poo when Goldberg wasn't around. Hogan said it was a good idea and made sense and they once again agreed to do this. Jericho came up with the idea of Goldberg arriving at Nitro when Jericho thought he wasn't there and spearing him down the ramp to build to the PPV, which they did. Then Jericho showed up to the PPV and was told,"Goldberg isn't here, he decided to go hunting instead" and then nothing ever happened. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Jerusalem posted:

When Jericho was doing the Goldberg angle where he was constantly poo poo-talking Goldberg whenever he wasn't in the building, it was with the understanding that they would do a PPV where Goldberg absolutely obliterated him. Then one day he showed up to Nitro and was told he was going to be in a generic 1-minute TV squash against Goldberg that night, completely negating everything he'd done for absolutely no payoff. Jericho was furious but was told it was just going to happen and that was that. Taking advice Benoit had given him, he just went upstairs and hid in a lounge somewhere. When Nitro started and they couldn't find him, the agents/producers just shrugged and did something else instead (if the match was even still set to happen at that point) because nobody did anything beyond a cursory look for him backstage. Flair was amazed when Jericho told this story, because he'd been running away to the bar to try and avoid getting booked against Konnan.

Best part for me was when Jericho showed up the next week he was called to see Bischoff, JJ Dillon and Hulk Hogan! They demanded to know why he wasn't there for his match the previous week, and Jericho explained his reasoning - he wanted Goldberg to utterly destroy him on a PPV for five minutes straight, because it would be a bigger payoff, prove Goldberg was utterly superior and that Jericho was full of hot air, and payoff all the weeks of Jericho talking poo poo when Goldberg wasn't around. Hogan said it was a good idea and made sense and they once again agreed to do this. Jericho came up with the idea of Goldberg arriving at Nitro when Jericho thought he wasn't there and spearing him down the ramp to build to the PPV, which they did. Then Jericho showed up to the PPV and was told,"Goldberg isn't here, he decided to go hunting instead" and then nothing ever happened. :shrug:

This entire story is a perfect illustration of how awful everyone is in wrestling.

• Locked thread