Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Spelling Mitsake posted:

If I unlock The Lost and all his stuff on my Platinum God file in Afterbirth does it give me RPG?
It should, but Afterbirth seems to be pretty buggy (see above). Kidney Stone is floating in the pool of my co-op file despite not having finished Onan's Streak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Major Helper posted:

Lilith's post-it filled, should I do keeper or lost next?

Go for The Lost. Nothing you unlock for Keeper will help you as anyone but Keeper.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I thought the doors to a room opened after a certain amount of time?

I got an impossible room on burning basement (flies hovering over rocks) with no bombs, stood in a corner, came back 5min later and the doors are still shut. I tried quitting and reloading and the exact same thing happened, I can't really stop them from hiding behind rocks forever. Streak over, I guess?

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

This was a remarkably good Lost run. The Soul and three orbitals (and Farting Baby) let me take down Hush untouched, The only thing it didn't have was Dad's Key to let me take out MS.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Sanctum posted:

I thought the doors to a room opened after a certain amount of time?

I got an impossible room on burning basement (flies hovering over rocks) with no bombs, stood in a corner, came back 5min later and the doors are still shut. I tried quitting and reloading and the exact same thing happened, I can't really stop them from hiding behind rocks forever. Streak over, I guess?

Something makes it bug out and not open the doors sometimes. I've had a couple of rooms where the door never opened and then I've had other rooms (usually in challenges) where it takes forever and they pop open.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

Go for The Lost. Nothing you unlock for Keeper will help you as anyone but Keeper.

Karma and Deep Pockets seem pretty okay.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Apparently Afterbirth MIGHT hit the bone and PS4 on February but they refuse to comment on the Wii U, 3DS and Vita versions.

So I guess I'm hosed.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it's okay, they're not developers so you should've expected that

tRIDAV
Jul 10, 2001

Oh, cruel fates, to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee.

Nothing like cheesing the Lost. Got a broken build with Isaac and kept a Missing Poster since Basement 2. Melted Mega Satan before he could even act and got the easy unlock.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Alteisen posted:

Apparently Afterbirth MIGHT hit the bone and PS4 on February but they refuse to comment on the Wii U, 3DS and Vita versions.

So I guess I'm hosed.

I bought a Vita exclusively for Rebirth, and I would have sold it already if Darkest Dungeon wasn't coming out for it. Afterbirth on the go would have been too good for this world. :(

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
I'm SO bad at not getting hit thrice in SOME room :negative: Best try so far with either of Lost/Keeper was with Lost and Ludovico technique, but even then I only got to third or fourth level before getting too greedy and trying to survive a boss challenge room with four golden chests (none of which had any damage ups, bah). Gotta work on being more careful.

EDIT: First success with Lost after about 20 fails. Beat it lives, Isaac and ??? by getting blank card, 2 of diamonds and restock. Also, note to self: don't pick up missing no. Almost made me fail the run, but thankfully I had reduced the item pool far enough (or something?) so it stopped scrambling me after the third time so I at least knew what I was working with for the rest of the time, a moderately high damage triple shot+conjoined+my reflection combo, no holy mantle. Thankfully the dead cat stuck with me through the ordeals and I managed to kill ??? in just two tries with one life left afterwards. Had lost about 5 lives trying to beat a vertical double bloat room, the horror. Gave Mega Satan a go since I had dad's key from earlier, but only got about halfway through the first form before getting bombed by the super envy. Then I promptly buggered off to the ??? room chest and ended the run since I have no idea if the item unlocks remain unlocked if you fail the run. Do they?

Major Helper fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Jan 14, 2016

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Head Trauma is a lot more obnoxious than I thought it would be. Half the rooms I keep getting are enemies that rush me down, and start circling me, so it's not possible to avoid damage before the tears circle around, especially with how little damage you do. Then I had to fight Pestilence in a super tiny room, and the acid cut off 3/4s of it. RIP

bassguitarhero
Feb 29, 2008

Just had a run where the tears were so big that my video card started spinning up in each room. That's the first time that's happened

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Oh my good, I FINALLY got hush done with keeper. That was an insane amount of failed runs, holy poo poo. That character is the most frustrating bullshit, the Lost is a breeze compared to him. I went through every conceivable combination of items, always gunning for swallowed penny at the start. Ended up getting to hush with a really strong ipecac-build, then I found Tech X in the item room and managed to no-hit the fight. Thank god it's over!!! Only the Lamb to go with the bastard.

Edit: A tip for keeper runs: If you find Swallowed Penny you can do self-sacrifice rooms for free and get a chance for a teleport to the angel room for a free item, a 33% chance for an angel room item in the sacrifice room itself and a shitload of coins.

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jan 14, 2016

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Head Trauma is a lot more obnoxious than I thought it would be. Half the rooms I keep getting are enemies that rush me down, and start circling me, so it's not possible to avoid damage before the tears circle around, especially with how little damage you do. Then I had to fight Pestilence in a super tiny room, and the acid cut off 3/4s of it. RIP

Sometimes with tiny planet it's more effective to shoot in the opposite direction

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I think I actually like the Keeper, I don't think the tears/speed is that bad a problem, the triple shot is good for the early floors and synergizes well. I wish there was a way to get more health but otherwise I like it.

The only problem is that the unlocks are pretty lame, so far only did Greed Mode with him.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

I think I actually like the Keeper, I don't think the tears/speed is that bad a problem, the triple shot is good for the early floors and synergizes well. I wish there was a way to get more health but otherwise I like it.

The only problem is that the unlocks are pretty lame, so far only did Greed Mode with him.

I have feeling you are going to change your opinion soon.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jan 14, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Kurtofan posted:

I'm quoting this so I can come back to it in a few weeks when you're playing him more.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Kurtofan posted:

I mean, I thought that he was really bad during greed mode as well but he's like a million times worse on regular runs.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

So apparently Greed's Head + Parasite + any piercing tears means sometimes you land a hit that just explodes into a lot of coins. And doing it with a big target like Hush means the entire room can suddenly and violently fill with coins.

I have Fruitcake rather than Greed's Head here. I love Fruitcake so much. I also have Store Restock and Chaos which means it's time to go shopping

Edit:

If I didn't need Dad's Key to open up Mega Satan I would reroll this whole mess until it stopped being funny.

IMJack fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jan 15, 2016

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
I like the large champion enemies because you can hear the real audio of whatever they recorded. There's definitely one that's just some little kid going "rawr!" That they sped up for the normal enemy.

parthenocarpy
Dec 18, 2003

hell yea, did it with holy mantle still active too. wasn`t anything special, had two pretty flies, guppy, and good damage up but with normal tears. the sticky friend was a total mistake to take - it would slow down hush`s tears which in turn made them take a lot longer to clear off screen. my last lost run ended that way.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

BJPaskoff posted:

I like the large champion enemies because you can hear the real audio of whatever they recorded. There's definitely one that's just some little kid going "rawr!" That they sped up for the normal enemy.

I think that's Ed's wife, maybe? Same with Ed (probably) being the one to do the male voices

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Aw jiss, BRAINS! finished. I knew I was right that the only way to beat the challenge was to get a shop with a shootable candle in it. After getting one it was smoothish sailing to chest and then I lucked out and got a gnawed leaf. Coupled with my sacrifical dagger I was able to take out almost every room without having to move and ??? took just a bit of working on to get him to stick to me too. Now I just have Onan's Streak left as I finished Speed before this. That's a terrible challenge too, had to get a really good build so it didn't take too long to clear rooms. Not looking forward to Onan's either, I miss a lot :v:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Re: that guy on the last page, always do Lost unlocks before Keeper ones, Lost unlocks cool poo poo like Godhead/The Soul/The Mind that can carry or do work on a Keeper run, while all of Keeper's unlocks are useless or only benefit Keeper

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Yeah, I've been playing Lost and have unlocked all except Mega Satan, Hush and Boss Rush ones for him now.

EDIT: and Onan's streak done! Totally cheapoed it by getting bumbo, the auto-turret familiar and later the magic fingers :v: That's all the challenges done, time to continue with lost and keeper, ugh.

Major Helper fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jan 15, 2016

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Beat Hush as ???. I had two orbitals and the Soul for defense, but all I had for offense was a middlish-to-strong Death's Touch and a low firing rate. Good grief that took forever.

The last few times I've been to Hush's level I've found a crawlspace under the rocks in one of the two treasure rooms. Is this crawlspace guaranteed?

IMJack fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Jan 15, 2016

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Lost's post-it note finished, did Hush and Mega Satan in one go after getting restock, mimic card and 2 of diamonds :v: Now I just have the keeper left.

EDIT: first successful Keeper run, got Ipecac, yum heart and keeper's head. beat it lives, hush, Isaac and ???. Keeper's a terrible, terrible character.

Major Helper fucked around with this message at 14:48 on Jan 15, 2016

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I came across a closet in the Womb that had like 20 goodie bags in it. This game still has surprises for me.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Fun Facts: If you have a converted enemy, if you use the blue hourglass it will double your converted enemies. You can repeat this until your game hard crashes.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

Major Helper posted:

Lost's post-it note finished, did Hush and Mega Satan in one go after getting restock, mimic card and 2 of diamonds :v: Now I just have the keeper left.

EDIT: first successful Keeper run, got Ipecac, yum heart and keeper's head. beat it lives, hush, Isaac and ???. Keeper's a terrible, terrible character.

Yum Heart works with the Keeper? That's odd.

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
I was slightly surprised too but then I figured I'll take what I get :v:

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe

Skunkrocker posted:

Yum Heart works with the Keeper? That's odd.

Same reason that picking up a health up heals Keeper when he has an empty coin container. It's direct healing and doesn't go through heart pick-ups.

Placenta regeneration, Mom's Locket healing, and Charm of the Vampire all work as well.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Has bumbo always been able to drop items? He just dropped the relic for me in the cathedral.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

As far as I'm aware, yeah.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I knew that Sacred Heart was a significant damage up, but jesus christ I didn't know it literally more than doubled your damage. :stare:

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Ugh, boss rush and satan beaten with keeper. Got a couple tear ups, daddy longlegs, dead eye and habit. Later a keeper's head. Died to lamb's second volley after getting hit by the first one as he was slowed down and I couldn't see the tears were homing :v: Got super lucky in the dark room though, used a random teleport pill in the first room and landed immediately next to the boss room. Such a terrible character, takes so many retries to get a tolerable run going.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm probably going to restart Keeper runs until I find the Soul in B1.

Soy Milk is almost viable with Keeper's triple shot. Almost.

Also, does Tech.5 give random shot properties other than homing and Tiny Planet? It was randomly spawning coins for me where it hit monsters, and I didn't have Greed Head.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Nothing like failing Brains! because you can't tell the difference between the Poloroid and Negative icons on the GUI, and you picked the wrong one. Why do the challenges even offer you the wrong choice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

IUG posted:

Nothing like failing Brains! because you can't tell the difference between the Poloroid and Negative icons on the GUI, and you picked the wrong one. Why do the challenges even offer you the wrong choice?

Because Nicalis aren't game developers.