Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

K, so I installed BLT and put the Goonmod in the mod folder. Is that all I need to do? Dont need to check anything, do anything complicated?

I just wanna see piles of bodies :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

LowellDND posted:

K, so I installed BLT and put the Goonmod in the mod folder. Is that all I need to do? Dont need to check anything, do anything complicated?

You actually do need to go into the game and turn it on, as well as a lot of other options too. Then restart the game after turning them on.

While you're at it, go ahead and add the mod_overrides to the asset/mod_overrides folder.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

LowellDND posted:

Warning: You WILL want to set a key to 'despawn corpses' in the mod options menu. On longer heists it can get a bit laggy when there's literally 1000+ dead cops on the map.

Shadowed Bacon
Apr 28, 2009
Goat simulator/payday 2 joint weekend deal: goat sim is $2.50, PD2 GOTY $12.50

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Shadowed Bacon posted:

Goat simulator/payday 2 joint weekend deal: goat sim is $2.50, PD2 GOTY $12.50

And HEY NEWBIES all the DLC (Point Break aside) is 75% off.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
The heist is now on the store and the update is here.

Seeing as day three on the OVERKILL web page is still MIA, this is the data on the store sheet. Two day job, two songs from Viklund, four animal masks with tounges hanging out, 4 weird patterns, the shotgun is a good old farmhand 12g and the rest of the melee weapons are farm equipment like pitchforks and sheers. The update is 2.3 gigs and I'm waiting to see the stats for the stuff are.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jan 14, 2016

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe
gonna need some more info on that new secondary shotgun before i buy... i mean... consider buying this.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Crabtree posted:

The heist is now on the store and the update is here.

Seeing as day three on the OVERKILL web page is still MIA, this is the data on the store sheet. Two day job, two songs from Viklund, four animal masks with tounges hanging out, 4 weird patterns, the shotgun is a good old farmhand 12g and the rest of the melee weapons are farm equipment like pitchforks and sheers. The update is 2.3 gigs and I'm waiting to see the stats for the stuff are.

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/goat/

day 3 is up

update is out

goat

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Oh my god, they trolled us with the Deathwish achievement. You just throw and catch the goat.

Oh no wait, that's just probably loving around with the web page for giggles. Or is it?

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 14, 2016

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Crabtree posted:

Oh my god, they trolled us with the Deathwish achievement. You just throw and catch the goat.

uh no? they got the icons mixed up on the day 3 page

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Farmer Miserable :laugh:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
goat pun

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

:same:

I love Dallas's "gently caress this poo poo" body language.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed
hehe, from the Goat Sim Payday dlc page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/425840/ posted:

More masks - because obviously we haven’t been clear enough. You can even wear that mask with the American flag on it, whatever that character is called i don’t know, i just write the drat text

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
JESUS loving CHRIST DAY ONE OF GOAT SIMULATOR IS MASSIVE. I'm going into buildings, finding path ways, dodging sniper fire from chopppers.

That's two crashes. Guess this job needs more work or that's just the taste of OVERKILL and Coffee Stain.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 14, 2016

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Oh my god an Ithaca 37 and im stuck at work hhhhhng

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009

Basticle posted:

Oh my god an Ithaca 37 and im stuck at work hhhhhng

Yes! I love that shotgun. I don't care if it's a secondary or a primary, just be satisfying as hell to use.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
New shotgun seems to have less damage than the loco but a good chunk more ammo. Also there's a couple mods that have to be obtained through drops.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Geight posted:

New shotgun seems to have less damage than the loco but a good chunk more ammo. Also there's a couple mods that have to be obtained through drops.
Note that "less damage" in this case is literally 1 point of damage base before modifiers (59 versus 58 base for the loco and Ithaca respectively).

E: I guess I should probably point out too that they also both share the same damage changing mods too (ammos and barrel ends)

Insert name here fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jan 14, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

widespread posted:

You actually do need to go into the game and turn it on, as well as a lot of other options too. Then restart the game after turning them on.

While you're at it, go ahead and add the mod_overrides to the asset/mod_overrides folder.

K, bought a massive amount of DLC and updated the game. As an aside, the goat intro is goddamn hilarious.

I think I put the folders in the right place - when I start the game, it says

'all mods up to date, click to view manager'
'goon mod disabled due to a game update'.

Presuming that goes away soon, what should I expect to see? How do I modify the options for the goodmod once it is updated?

Explosionface
May 30, 2011

We can dance if we want to,
we can leave Marle behind.
'Cause your fiends don't dance,
and if they don't dance,
they'll get a Robo Fist of mine.

LowellDND posted:

K, bought a massive amount of DLC and updated the game. As an aside, the goat intro is goddamn hilarious.

Presuming that goes away soon, what should I expect to see? How do I modify the options for the goodmod once it is updated?

You can force goonmod to load its mods. Just have to restart the game after ticking the box. It's just a safety thing in case game updates completely gently caress goonmod, which pretty much never happens.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I regret my driving skills failed us. :negative:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

LowellDND posted:

Nothing will change until you activate the different mods under goonmod. The menu changes will be under "options" and relatively intuitive-it's very well integrated into the payday interface.

OP?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 14, 2016

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

Explosionface posted:

You can force goonmod to load its mods. Just have to restart the game after ticking the box. It's just a safety thing in case game updates completely gently caress goonmod, which pretty much never happens.

Sweet, Ill check it out next time I log in.

My current build is http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mBda:eeDa:tda:glHEfBCDa:fGcDa:pO3::: (My buddy is speed rushing me through high level missions to farm XP, so I can hit Infamy and choose a playstyle).

Im thinking of grabbing Rifleman expert, Sharpshooter expert, and then ace the ECM tree next.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

LowellDND posted:

then ace the ECM tree next.

I recommend not doing this unless you're deliberately trying for a gimmick build.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

LowellDND posted:

My current build is http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mBda:eeDa:tda:glHEfBCDa:fGcDa:pO3::: (My buddy is speed rushing me through high level missions to farm XP, so I can hit Infamy and choose a playstyle).

Im thinking of grabbing Rifleman expert, Sharpshooter expert, and then ace the ECM tree next.

Looks like you're new to the game!
Just so you know, dead presidents is generally considered a waste of points, and technician/ghost are considered some of the weakest trees.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

LuciferMorningstar posted:

I recommend not doing this unless you're deliberately trying for a gimmick build.

I'll also point out LM is the reigning thread champion at loving awful gimmick builds so you can trust this advice. It's coming from a genuine, bona fide expert.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

LowellDND posted:

you should try looking at the enforcer and mastermind trees unless you plan on stealthing everything (dont do this)

edit: use this as a base for starting out, go higher in trees in terms of preference: http://pd2skills.com/#/v3/mda:eIEfDa:tda:ghECda:feCa:pO3:::

Afraid of Audio fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jan 14, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Somebody said bad gimmick build?! (Slap a concealment boost on both guns or take a bronco with a concealment boosting skin)

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

LowellDND posted:

As a safety feature to prevent from loving things up, Goonmod disables itself every time there's a game patch (to avoid potential conflicts). Just go to the menu and click 'Force Load', restart and you'll be fine again. (You'll have to do this with every game update, but this is a good thing.)

Also that build's... it's not BAD but it seems to be focused heavily on stealth-oriented tools and would be kinda weak in a loud heist. This is the baseline I use for most of my builds - it includes all the Things You Must Have (like Transporter) with a lot of the critical quality of life things (all the movement speed increases, flashbang duration reduction, the ability to take cops hostage so you can free teammates, etc). If you're after stealth, this is more of what you'd want. Builds that do both stealth and loud tend to not work well, since you end up giving up more than you'd want on both sides.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
https://twitter.com/M4ST3RSP4RK/status/687706272381165568

I did a double-take when I realized someone was being like this over Payday 2 of all things :psyduck:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Goat DLC impressions:

As pointed out before, day 1 is a big level. Lots of little pathways and buildings you can enter. Some of the buildings have little events going along. You get the Longfellow to run around.
Goat kicks HURT. Seriously don't get kicked by a goat. I almost got incaped by a single kick from around 75% HP.
Get your hunting skills on - these goats are in some weird spots.

Day 2 is a hold out in a barn. Pretty standard stuff. Nothing too strange or interesting.
The Day 2 escape is pretty interesting and has a twist near the end of it.

New shotty is a nice secondary. Haven't tried it out yet. Also the music is great as always.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

TopHatGenius posted:

Goat DLC impressions:

As pointed out before, day 1 is a big level. Lots of little pathways and buildings you can enter. Some of the buildings have little events going along. You get the Longfellow to run around.
Goat kicks HURT. Seriously don't get kicked by a goat. I almost got incaped by a single kick from around 75% HP.
Get your hunting skills on - these goats are in some weird spots.

Day 2 is a hold out in a barn. Pretty standard stuff. Nothing too strange or interesting.
The Day 2 escape is pretty interesting and has a twist near the end of it.

New shotty is a nice secondary. Haven't tried it out yet. Also the music is great as always.

And don't forget, the goats can achieve some... weird poo poo. Like electrifying a ladder.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
How is this game in single player? Seeing this on sale and thanks to Goat Simulator, I'm kinda interested in it and most talk I see says that your AI partners suck (although that's mostly older posts).

Payday 2 DLC for Goat Simulator and Goat Simulator DLC for Payday 2 reminds me of that old Reese's commercial.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Fire Storm posted:

How is this game in single player?

Doable with practice, but not great.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
Well I've crashed several times in this heist and seen other people who have stable connections crash as host or in group of Goat Sim run so it definitely needs a hotfix on its issues. Especially on what seems to be an iffy unlock on BAAaa...*BANG*...aaAAH and what seems to be a slowdown on how you can catch goats/bags mid air.

But what it does right is amazing. A real good car escape, snipers in choppers, lots of space to shoot poo poo and goats are a fun new lootable. Whoever thought this heist wouldn't be worth to be put into the game is a dumb pubby.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Oh Steam forums, Overkill can never win with you. "This DLC gun is OP, loving pay to win!" "This DLC gun is the same as a base game gun, what worthless poo poo!"

Anyway, the new shotgun is nice even though it's basically a less moddable Loco. Sure it would be nice if it stood out a bit more but one of the suggestions being floated around is that this thing should do more damage than the Judge :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Fire Storm posted:

How is this game in single player? Seeing this on sale and thanks to Goat Simulator, I'm kinda interested in it and most talk I see says that your AI partners suck (although that's mostly older posts).

Payday 2 DLC for Goat Simulator and Goat Simulator DLC for Payday 2 reminds me of that old Reese's commercial.

It's playable solo, but it's really meant to be played with other people. Half of the objectives in the game involve hauling 4-8 bags of loot to a designated drop-off point, some of which slow your movement significantly, so having buddies to help you cuts that time down tremendously. There's a reason why the game is sometimes referred to as a bag moving simulator.