Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

That's a bit unreasonable, don't you think?
I mean at least there's some leeway in his request — we could start a fan war between 40k and Mutant Chronicles, for instance. Or discuss the evolution of whatever-trooper armour in the Star Wars expanded universe.

I'd be happy to go on a long tear of being autistic about the Colonial Marines if it will help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Tippis posted:

I'd also like to know what cataclysmic event has happened in the SC lore that made Amazon warehousing not a thing any more.
The Smart Rebellion of the 3Xrd Century led to a universal ban on automation of product delivery.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Ghostlight posted:

The Smart Rebellion of the 3Xrd Century led to a universal ban on automation of product delivery.

Wait, are we talking in-game or at CIG?

Beet Wagon posted:

I'd be happy to go on a long tear of being autistic about the Colonial Marines if it will help.

How would that help? What would it help? Not that it matters. I say do it — there's little else of interest going on.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

wikidd posted:

About a billion pages ago I mentioned I was taking CIG to small claims court here in the UK to get my refund. I just got notice they are defending the claim(!!); some guy called Ortwin Freyermuth, who is a director of CIG, signed off on the action. An hour of that guy's time must be worth more than the money I gave them.

Lol.

Please post links. And scan all that poo poo and post it online so I can go rise up the horde. Do it.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

loving finally you get to that page. Hire someone to read this thread and flag posts of note for you, drat.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Omi-Polari posted:

I don't care enough to delve that deeply into it, but yeah. Google "Star Citizen" and "bargain" and you'll see whales argue that $350 for a JPEG is a bargain compared to other, more expensive ones. (Now is the time to buy!) It's perhaps less an outright scam than a racket; since they just pegged certain items at ridiculously high prices to sucker people into paying horribly inflated "bargain" prices for the other things.

An example would be a retail store that has a shelf selling a really expensive coffee machine. They do inventory at the end of the year, and realize that no customers bought any. The next year, they add a still-overpriced but comparatively less expensive coffee machine, and suddenly the new model is the best-selling item in the store. Customers are still overspending, but their brains were primed to do it because they saw a choice.

Please enlighten a simple pleb. I have never played Eve but can anyone tell me how in this universe anyone ever got the idea that 350 dollars is a deal for an in game asset? I gamed for years an paid 50 bucks for a game and maybe 20 more for a DLC. Everything was included and you could play and achieve all assets in a matter of weeks. I am not joking, is there a game that started this line of thinking? Cause screw whoever made it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MeLKoR posted:

Why would anyone continue to fight for these rulers, they don't seem that much better than the Chaos they claim to protect humanity from.

i mean part of the conceit of 40k is that there are no good guys, just people convinced they're the good guys and everyone else sucks, and also orkz

but specifically w/r/t grey knights, the only people who know about this practice are a) dead, b) grey knights, or c) inquisitors whose entire job is rooting out "threats to the imperium"

so dead guys and people who believe with literally religious fervor that what they're doing is the right thing

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sarsapariller posted:

I can't wait for the episode of Around The Verse that details their concept art for Space Pallet Jacks.

I think they already did that last summer. I am not joking.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tippis posted:

Kids these days got no culture. :colbert:

kids these days dont read old magazines and do dumb things like decide to read all of 2000AD

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think they already did that last summer. I am not joking.

I wonder how SQ42 will score on the Start to Crate scale.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

happyhippy posted:

We should save all posts into one file, convert it into an .exe, and watch it perform better than SC.

CIG is datamining their forums for lines of code to complete the game.

It's only a matter of time before the million chimps produce shakespeare!!!!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tortolia posted:

I wonder how SQ42 will score on the Start to Crate scale.

Your character starts in a hold full of crates. I am not joking.

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
Why does the interior "bridge" of every ship look like the interior of a golf cart?

Random chairs placed in odd spots, a lot of empty space being taken up by nothing, and nearly complete vertical slices of glass instead of anything that even looks remotely aerodynamic.

For fucks sake, if someone told me this was the interior of a yacht, I would believe them:

The whole entire flight model is based off the golf cart in the hanger module isn't it?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

aleksendr posted:

In LA. Ben dont fly. Sandi and Croberts are probably goign to be in England a lot in the coming year.

fleeing the country, eh?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I miss page 1300 :(

when will it come back

when Roland climbs the Dark Tower sai

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tippis posted:

How would that help? What would it help? Not that it matters. I say do it — there's little else of interest going on.

Well it's different than 40K, kind of? I don't know, I'm just throwing poo poo at the wall, really.

Spoot
Feb 7, 2007
:a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Avalanche posted:

For fucks sake, if someone told me this was the interior of a yacht, I would believe them:

Well... that one's supposed to be a yacht. A space yacht.

God damnit, you're making me stick up for those retards.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

quote:

identified and solved issues with female locomotion and vending machine metrics
They're having a hard time getting the female character model to move?

bumbles
Nov 26, 2015

by Lowtax
I am finding this thread very immersive :pgabz:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Chin posted:

Probably trying to implement Dead or Alive style boob physics because the brown sea expect "realistic" women in their space chainmail space bikinis.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

TTerrible posted:

Probably trying to implement Dead or Alive style boob physics because the brown sea expect "realistic" women in their space chainmail space bikinis.

If Leia can do it, we all can.

Spoiler alert for Valentine's Day, Bootcha.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

Chin posted:

Well I am sure they got Sandi to do the motion capture for it, so that's not surprising.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Beet Wagon posted:

a loving plebe Catachan Imperial Guard trooper would wipe the floor with your Colonial Marine. something something growing up on a death world

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

That was such a terrible loving game.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Wulfling posted:

gently caress you.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

DoctorStrangelove posted:

gently caress you.

:commissar:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Wulfling posted:

Yeah I finished that game three times and still didn't understand what the gently caress I was doing.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Yeah I finished that game three times and still didn't understand what the gently caress I was doing.

I didn't even get that far. I got so loving fed up with the controls an nothing making sense I just gave up.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TTerrible posted:

I'm really not sure SQ42 not coming out is going to mean anything to the brown sea. Look at all the missed promises they've ignored already.

At some point the well has to run dry. Especially with AC2.0 in maintenance mode development. The cultists only really care about their second life in space PU but Chris wants his movie come what may. How long they'll keep buying jpegs for an alpha that barely develops is going to be fun to watch.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Wulfling posted:

I didn't even get that far. I got so loving fed up with the controls an nothing making sense I just gave up.

Nah I understood it and there were some funny moments, but the zandatsu stuff isn't properly explained in the slightest, and gently caress trying to get s ranks and "Oh a loving pea sized bullet pinged off your super hard robot body guess there's no s-rank for you hurr hurr, better restart and do it over and over" that poo poo's the worst.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Nah I understood it and there were some funny moments, but the zandatsu stuff isn't properly explained in the slightest, and gently caress trying to get s ranks and "Oh a loving pea sized bullet pinged off your super hard robot body guess there's no s-rank for you hurr hurr, better restart and do it over and over" that poo poo's the worst.

Pretty standard Plantinum game.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Iglocska posted:

If only they would have added gameplay and fun instead...

Yeah, X3 is horrible like that. At least Elite is fun to play

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Agrajag posted:

a loving plebe Catachan Imperial Guard trooper would wipe the floor with your Colonial Marine. something something growing up on a death world

That's probably true, but like most things 40K it's largely a result of the fact that all weapons in 40K are obscenely powerful bcuz :shrug:

Interestingly, although the platoon of Colonial Marines you see in "Aliens" gets loving rekt the Colonial Marines specialize less in massed combat and more in small unit (platoon size elements) actions, focusing on mobility and speed to move small numbers of marines around to great effect (which is why in Aliens you only see a single platoon of marines aboard a ship with sleeping capacity for 90 people). They fill a role that's similar to some of our special forces units today, something which never really came across in the movie.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You can say that about anything Ben says. Chris certainly does.

Seriously, Chris flat out said that if it doesn't come from him it's just opinion. Hundred million dollar project and you can't trust any employee except the guy at the top.

Yup, pretty much

quote:

Unless it comes from me or through an official channel like a front page post it's just one of our dev's knowledge / opinion at the time. It's part of the downside of being so open. We could vet every post but then it would greatly reduce the amount of questions that could get answered and generally make the process slower and less informative as we would be forced to not answer any question that doesn't have an official position or final design on them - which would probably be the majority of the Ask the Dev questions. When you Ask a Dev, you're getting that Dev's answer to the best of his knowledge from his small view on a huge project (We have close to 300 people working on this game and keeping everyone informed and up to date on all aspects of the game is an impossible challenge)

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Its largely me being dumb. I went in thinking it was going to be more Metal Gear, not quite so much Devil May Cry. I love most of the DMC titles, but I didn't enjoy Rising. Bad expectations going into it, really soured the whole thing. Just like Lightning Returns. Would have been a fun game if not for the whole Dead Rising style time limit on the campaign. gently caress. That. Noise. Lemme explore an faff about doing bullshit.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Tippis posted:

Pretty standard Plantinum game.

gently caress platinum then....

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

fuctifino posted:

For those who haven't heard: You need a platinum account to read this message

She's not going to be happy. lol

:vince:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Libluini posted:

Yeah, X3 is horrible like that. At least Elite is fun to play

I played the poo poo out of TC:AP, and loved it, until I started trying to get into an M7 sized ship. The fuckery I had to go through to get weapons for it, and the tendency for turrets to clip friendlies in big fire fights, thereby pissing off everyone, really killed the later parts of the game for me. Never finished the campaigns because of poo poo like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
page 1278 BITCHES!!! I'll meet you guys over on the side by weekend. I ain't skipping poo poo.

• Locked thread