Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Vendictus Prime posted:

yep, feels like my early days in Eve all over again. Oh the memories. So, where is the money making in the game, R&D?

Playing the market.

And begging off the generosity of the spacerich.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...
Also, PSA, if you foolish samurai warriors opened up lock boxes or promotion packs, and have been waiting to get the Astika or Zahl for their lovely starship traits, now would be a good time to spend your Lobi. 30% off weekend sale.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Tunicate posted:

Playing the market.

And begging off the generosity of the spacerich.

Being Pμlse.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

I just send a picture of my feet next to a cat once a week to pulse.

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Vendictus Prime posted:

That would be my first choice, but my understanding is Dental is on lockdown based on the OP.
At this point, I think you should be put in the academy as punishment for being unable to read. The fleet isn't on lockdown, the chat channel is. Meaning that you can't join the channel until you're invited. You get invited by posting your charname@handle in this thread. Like it says in the OP.

So: Post your charname@handle. Once someone says that you're invited, type /channel_join TheNextGooneration in the chat window. Then ask in chat for a fleet invite. If no one responds it's because no one is playing, not because you're being ignored.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Nita posted:

They've been investigating your ban for 3 years now:

This is hilarious. Apparently they already solved it.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

They've now enabled embedding of webms. Looks like I'll be updating the OP somewhat.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

BombermanX posted:

This is hilarious. Apparently they already solved it.
Butts gets un-banned so he can attend his anniversary :marc:

Ludicro posted:

They've now enabled embedding of webms. Looks like I'll be updating the OP somewhat.
And tweets, yay.
https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/654115759417786368

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

fakemirage posted:

Butts gets un-banned so he can attend his anniversary :marc:
And tweets, yay.
https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/654115759417786368

A shining moment for Trendy's twitter account.

Someone posted an STO "State of the Roleplaying Nation" on Reddit; just waiting for it to devolve into an anti-Dental ragebox.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/412dgf/state_of_the_roleplaying_nation/

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
No, I am still not unbanned. I should ask Trendy to unban me just for the 18th.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.
The Star Trek Online wiki is running a month long competition (ends on February 15) where you can win a Delta Rising Operations Pack and some T6 ships. You enter the competition by just making an account and start editing, and they pick their winner after the end date based on your contributions.

If anyone wants to enter, then there are a number of things lacking.

First of all this:

I mean, we're both canon and been a central part in the development of the soft and hard aspects of the game, and the wiki should clearly recognize this.

Secondly, why is there no Spergs section in this thing. What are they doing?

Third, there are a bunch of data you can copy paste from other sources, like what mods you get from upgrading different items or updated walkthroughs for missions and stfs that can be immensely useful, but lacking from the wiki.

BombermanX posted:

No, I am still not unbanned. I should ask Trendy to unban me just for the 18th.
Customer support lied, the children cried.

https://twitter.com/LaughingTrendy/status/688039590272319488

DonDoodles posted:

Someone posted an STO "State of the Roleplaying Nation" on Reddit; just waiting for it to devolve into an anti-Dental ragebox.

They didn't seem to like your input.

Nbreeki -3 votes posted:

Roleplaying in STO, currently, is probably in the best state it has ever been in since I started playing in 2012. As a staunch defender of the RP community, I can say that more RP has been contained in several "safe spaces" where immersion-breaking and the general community cannot harm it.
With the Open Starbase projects, much of the RP is contained in such safe spaces as SB381 or a bridge. There are pockets of RP in Risa, on DS9, of course, but with any luck (and a whole lot of effort) we can push these outliers into the containment zones so ALL RP can be conducted without ANY IMMERSION BREAKING interruptions whatsoever.

Pubby with sense of humor -3 votes posted:

I like the mental picture of roleplay containment zones. The high walls, the barbed wire fences, patrolling armed guards, the occasional tank rumbling through the dusty wasteland outside, perhaps an occasional flyover of some sort of military aircraft... and then inside the walls there's this huge open yard with neatly spaced tables, each piled high with dice, scribbled-on papers, broken pencils, soda cans and junk food containers.
Joke's on him, there's no way any STO ERPer would allow dice to dictate what happens to their Mary Sue.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jan 15, 2016

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I think they deleted all the non-felating comments from the reddit thing because I can't see those anymore.

No wait, refreshing did it. Wierd. Nevermind!

Rutkowski
Apr 28, 2008

CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS GUY?
I compared those camps to gulags in the thread, and that it is a good thing, and people barely reacted. :(

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

g0del posted:

At this point, I think you should be put in the academy as punishment for being unable to read. The fleet isn't on lockdown, the chat channel is.

Yep, I looked at the post more than once trying to figure out of that was referring to the chat channel or Dental in general. So, I did put a little thought into it at first. ( noticed I said a little ) Hey if I didn't screw something up at least a little then I wouldn't have given anyone the GREATER chance to throw stupid newbie remarks at me.

But yes, I deserve the poo poo for being dumb.

Being really late to the party, I am trying to decide of the lifetime sub would still be a good idea? I just did 90 days for gold, but hell 1 years sub is half the lifetime already. I hear they have sales on the Lifetime sub also. Any advice on getting the LTS?

Vendictus Prime fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jan 16, 2016

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

Vendictus Prime posted:

Yep, I looked at the post more than once trying to figure out of that was referring to the chat channel or Dental in general. So, I did put a little thought into it at first. ( noticed I said a little ) Hey if I didn't screw something up at least a little then I wouldn't have given anyone the GREATER chance to throw stupid newbie remarks at me.

Being really late to the party, I am trying to decide of the lifetime sub would still be a good idea? I just did 90 days for gold, but hell 1 years sub is half the lifetime already. I hear they have sales on the Lifetime sub also. Any advice on getting the LTS?

Go for it. What could possibly go wrong?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Vendictus Prime posted:

Nooooooooooooooooooo

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Vendictus Prime posted:

No downsides to buying a lifetime sub for a F2P MMO in maintenance mode.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Vendictus Prime posted:

Oh definitely, don't wait for a sale either, pay the full price.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Just go back in time like 2 years and buy it.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Hi Star Trek Online goons! Is one of you leading the Star Trek Timelines fleet for the mobile game? If so, could you add all the new goons applying to the guild from the Android thread? Thanks in advance!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711191&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=128

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

New Leaf posted:

Hi Star Trek Online goons! Is one of you leading the Star Trek Timelines fleet for the mobile game? If so, could you add all the new goons applying to the guild from the Android thread? Thanks in advance!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3711191&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=128

No, this is for the other lovely star trek game for people who make terrible decisions. :frogout:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Vendictus Prime posted:

Any advice on getting the LTS?

Literally the only reason to get LTS is to idle in chat via xmpp. If that sounds worth the price, then pick it up during the next sale.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Aleth posted:

No, this is for the other lovely star trek game for people who make terrible decisions. :frogout:

I figured that much, just assumed one of you was running the mobile game fleet too..

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Someone literally created a Timelines fleet called Starfleet Dental. I'm playing the game and game bad.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh Wil

Dick Bass
Feb 22, 2006

Assisting with a RP wedding on Risa brings me great joy. By helping others you help yourself.

18 Character Limit
Apr 6, 2007

Screw you, Abed;
I can fix this!
Nap Ghost

Dick Bass posted:

Assisting with a RP wedding on Risa brings me great joy. By helping others you help yourself.

[11:18] Drexan@rayne2211: Dearly beloved we are gather
[11:18] [ItemLost] You used Subspace Party Amplifier
[11:19] Drexan@rayne2211: Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to witness the joining of Admiral Sarah Braham and Commander John Spartan
[11:20] [ItemLost] You used Subspace Party Amplifier
[11:28] 4 OF 5@jimmed: Could you step out of there and stop with the disco balls we want to get screen shots please

18 Character Limit fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jan 17, 2016

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I haven't ruined an in-game wedding in a long time. Last time was with kinsha or some poo poo.

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
You can embed tweets now.

https://twitter.com/SirPatStew/status/283613159024111616

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

BombermanX posted:

I haven't ruined an in-game wedding in a long time. Last time was with kinsha or some poo poo.
Come to think of it I haven't seen one of those dumb things in ages. The true sign the game is dying.

anthonypants posted:

You can embed tweets now.
Huh, never even noticed. Handy.

Roseo
Jun 1, 2000
Forum Veteran
Saw this on Steam, figured I'd see if pew pew was any fun. Can I get an invite to Dental and the global chat channel? IGN is Oesor@Oesor.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

Asimo posted:

Come to think of it I haven't seen one of those dumb things in ages. The true sign the game is dying.
There was a wedding a couple of days before this one.

One of the DJs (Street) were asking in local about advice for a wedding outfit a couple of days ago on Risa. I'm not sure if it was for the one visited by our honorable members of NoP or if there's another one that they forgot to send out invites to.

DonDoodles posted:

Is this @enkemen that's raging in the thread someone we've had dealings with before? I did a search on his handle but only found a complaint about their hypocritical and narcissistic behavior in one of the DPS channels, and a twitter handle which had only been used to like a picture of some exposed breasts.

EDIT: Ok, false alarm. From going through his post history it's clear that he someone that seeks out and feeds off conflicts, even if it doesn't involve him.

fakemirage fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jan 18, 2016

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

fakemirage posted:

Is this @enkemen that's raging in the thread someone we've had dealings with before? I did a search on his handle but only found a complaint about their hypocritical and narcissistic behavior in one of the DPS channels, and a twitter handle which had only been used to like a picture of some exposed breasts.

EDIT: Ok, false alarm. From going through his post history it's clear that he someone that seeks out and feeds off conflicts, even if it doesn't involve him.

No idea; I've probably run into the guy in-game since he was in the Storyteller (lol) fleet, but I don't recall him in particular. I pointed out that it's bad form to continue petty reddit bickering on MLK day, so hopefully he'll get swept up in the spirit of the holiday. Probably not, but you can't win them all.

Sylveon-Senpai fashions himself as an "insider" expert on SFD.

quote:

Nbreeki is a special person who should not be seen as representing Dental at all, as he's defended a lot of things Dental doesn't tolerate, such as homophobia, or DDoSing the servers.

Vendictus Prime
Feb 28, 2013

Now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Oh definitely, don't wait for a sale either, pay the full price.

My thoughts exactly.

fakemirage
Nov 6, 2012

Can't see the haters.

DonDoodles posted:

Sylveon-Senpai fashions himself as an "insider" expert on SFD.
That's the one that were looking for a LGBTIPQA+ (LGBTIPQANG) friendly fleet to avoid what he's accusing dental members of doing.

Sylveon-Senpai posted:

...you have members going around calling people "trannies" and "faggots."

Did someone give him an invite to Mumble or something?

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

fakemirage posted:

That's the one that were looking for a LGBTIPQA+ (LGBTIPQANG) friendly fleet to avoid what he's accusing dental members of doing.

Did someone give him an invite to Mumble or something?

What the gently caress is "PQANG"? Lusting after Polish people who reside in Quebec who were previously commissioned in the air national guard? And when can we just find a word to which we don't need to constantly append letters to make people feel like they're making a home at this university?

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

IPCRESS posted:

What the gently caress is "PQANG"? Lusting after Polish people who reside in Quebec who were previously commissioned in the air national guard? And when can we just find a word to which we don't need to constantly append letters to make people feel like they're making a home at this university?
Polyamorous or Pansexual, Queer, Asexual or Ally, Next Generation

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

anthonypants posted:

Polyamorous or Pansexual, Queer, Asexual or Ally, Next Generation

Next Generation meaning "attracted to children"?

How very Reddit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Otherwise known as 'broken'.

• Locked thread