Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

As a Millennial I posted:

Someone went in and tore down the "Harney County Resource Center" sign :toot:
https://www.facebook.com/backcountryhabitat/videos/980875531985426/

yup, there's counter-protestors doing stuff.

edit: if one person gets shot during this, it should be Pete Santelli. In the dick would be preferable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Perfectly Safe posted:

I'm aware of that, and it comes as no surprise that there are sociopaths in the militia movement, nor that one went away from the Bundy standoff disappointed that they didn't get to kill any authority figures. But you made a broader statement - that these (SovCit) types will effectively kill on sight any federal agent. That characterisation is at odds with what we've experienced so far, so I'm going to say that you've overstretched with it.

Okay let me say this differently, it's not that they will point weapons at the LEOs that arrive and shoot them instantly. It's more that they will train their weapons on any fed who tries to setup a roadblock knowing full well that said fed will engage them out of fear of his/her own life, which will cause a lot of people to die on both sides. I'm backpedaling a bit on this point, but I should have expanded upon this further. They won't just run up and blast feds, but they will actively seek to bait them into a firefight if they are in the area, Just like they did when they stood infront of the FBI building.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 15, 2016

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Someone went in and tore down the "Harney County Resource Center" sign :toot:
https://www.facebook.com/backcountryhabitat/videos/980875531985426/

This is a good video and people should watch it. It also explains why, you know, the wildlife refuge itself is in fact not just some random spot of land that's unimportant.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
time for somebody to call into the pete santelli show and ask if they have stairs in their house

ye gods don't do that

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I really don't get how the logical conclusion behind "actually they're not just dorks, they're murderous madmen who will kill on sight" is "better let them do whatever they want and invite more fellow crazy people to roam the town while armed".

If they're murderous crazies with guns and children I don't like the idea of waiting and seeing for two weeks+

If they're not murderous crazies, and law enforcement took the time to diagnose them as doofus concern trolls who want to play dress up and talk big? Send the Burns county police and these FBI agents on nationwide tours to explain to all local cops how to do threat assessment and stop shooting people as a first choice.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

That fire chief that spotted undercover FBI agitators posing as militants and harassing people? Yeah, not so much

It won't matter one bit to these people, though.

Militants are harassing people? Prove that they're militants!
FBI is posing as militants? We knew it!
Now the guy says the FBI wasn't harassing anybody? Well, you can't believe everything you read in the Lame-Stream Media (another thing i have actually heard these people say on-camera)

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

kartikeya posted:

This is a good video and people should watch it. It also explains why, you know, the wildlife refuge itself is in fact not just some random spot of land that's unimportant.

Got to say, appreciate what the guy did but it looks like he just tore the thing down and walked away. Maybe take it with you, dispose of it properly? You know, wildlife refuge...

LeoMarr posted:

Okay let me say this differently, it's not that they will point weapons at the LEOs that arrive and shoot them instantly. It's more that they will train their weapons on any fed who tries to setup a roadblock knowing full well that said fed will engage them out of fear of his/her own life, which will cause a lot of people to die on both sides. I'm backpedaling a bit on this point, but I should have expanded upon this further. They won't just run up and blast feds, but they will actively seek to bait them into a firefight if they are in the area, Just like they did when they stood infront of the FBI building.

Completely agree that their purpose is to face off against the feds. I don't personally think that they intend to start a firefight, but there are a lot of individuals with different goals there, so that only speaks of the overarching intent.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Now the guy says the FBI wasn't harassing anybody? Well, you can't believe everything you read in the Lame-Stream Media (another thing i have actually heard these people say on-camera)
yeah, almost anything that is said as parody of right-wingers, these people are actually saying.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

theflyingorc posted:

yeah, almost anything that is said as parody of right-wingers, these people are actually saying.

There are people on the livestream cheering for the stock market to crash, these people are insane.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

https://twitter.com/JohnLGC/status/688049597692825600

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Lotka Volterra posted:

There are people on the livestream cheering for the stock market to crash, these people are insane.

and a suspiciously large amount of discussion of stairs

lol, pete santelli loves tupac

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
2016 is going to be a banner year for any attention seeking white men with access to a rifle, MRE's and directions to the nearest federal wildlife sanctuary.

Want all the publicity of a spree shooter but dont want to kill anyone or be considered a bad guy?

Want to finally make use of all your TITANIUM TACTICAL gear?

Ever wanted to set up your own local government?

Well then come on down to your local nature preserve! We've got free room and board, plenty of space and scenic views rarin' and ready to be driven on by ATV's or wrecked in a patriotic tantrum! Cool towers to play sniper man in! One shot, one kill!

Federal Nature preserves! We'll leave the light on for you.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
So is the "grand jury" today?

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Apparently that sign was taken down on Tuesday and a new sign is already up. At this point I'm hoping that we're just waiting for all of CSPOA to show up before launching the drones.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

9/11 was holograms. Another thing I legitimately saw in chat

e: lol, you don't have to take my word for it. Linked from that ThinkProgress article: https://www.facebook.com/glenn.canady/posts/10206195384150643?comment_id=10206197876132941&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R9%22%7D

The guy commenting on it, claiming the Earth is flat, is the judge who's coming to hang the sheriff.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Perfectly Safe posted:

Got to say, appreciate what the guy did but it looks like he just tore the thing down and walked away. Maybe take it with you, dispose of it properly? You know, wildlife refuge...

Completely agree that their purpose is to face off against the feds. I don't personally think that they intend to start a firefight, but there are a lot of individuals with different goals there, so that only speaks of the overarching intent.

Like I said before I doubt that everyone there would die in a custard style last stand, however the leadership's active goal is to die by fire and spark a civil war. Many will flee when the feds start sending out tear gas volleys and loud speakers of rabbits being slaughtered start blaring because they know what's coming next. However there will still be a devout following that will fight to the last man and kill as many "Commie Faggots" as possible

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

That fire chief that spotted undercover FBI agitators posing as militants and harassing people? Yeah, not so much

It won't matter one bit to these people, though.

Militants are harassing people? Prove that they're militants!
FBI is posing as militants? We knew it!

The Fire Marshal is still very much on the side of the occupiers though.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Evil Fluffy posted:

The Fire Marshal is still very much on the side of the occupiers though.

which is also part of their lies - they've been pretending that he saw the light, got fed up, and switched their side

when in fact he was one of the founding members of their dumb "committee of safety" and he's always been in their back pocket.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Wasn't the fire marshall also already retired for multiple years and isnt the current fire marshall?

At least, I remember reading that somewhere.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Lotka Volterra posted:

Wasn't the fire marshall also already retired for multiple years and isnt the current fire marshall?

i've heard multiple things, some people said he was retired for years, some say he was the fire marshall of the county, not the city (which is basically a volunteer position)

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Lotka Volterra posted:

Yes he magically went from "retired in 2007" to "just retired in protest" through not much more than wishful thinking and piss poor journalism.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

theflyingorc posted:

i've heard multiple things, some people said he was retired for years, some say he was the fire marshall of the county, not the city (which is basically a volunteer position)

Would also explain it.

Any news on their big fancy demands meeting? If they bug out on that and chill for the weekend I don't see them getting the same kind of coverage anymore.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Would also explain it.

Any news on their big fancy demands meeting? If they bug out on that and chill for the weekend I don't see them getting the same kind of coverage anymore.

the last thing i heard was them saying they were looking for a new location

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

LeoMarr posted:

...the leadership's active goal is to die by fire and spark a civil war.
By leadership, do you mean Bundy? And how do you know this? I ask out of genuine interest.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Perfectly Safe posted:

By leadership, do you mean Bundy? And how do you know this? I ask out of genuine interest.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

theflyingorc posted:

yeah, but do they mean "I'll die first" or do they mean "I can't be arrested because the US government doesn't have the authority to take me in when I say these magic words"

They mean they won't go to jail because the government won't try to arrest them because of the political consequences of picking on Republican affiliated conservative "patriots."

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

LeoMarr posted:

It's probably serving as a driveway. Im sure their vehicles were getting stuck in the sleek so they built a road through the refugee

Their vehicles? You mean our vehicles?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

SedanChair posted:

both

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

SedanChair posted:

Not all of their vehicles are our vehicles.

Im sure it's for their vehicles. our vehicles are probably being mistreated by sinking in the mud whenever not used.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Mormon Star Wars posted:

They mean they won't go to jail because the government won't try to arrest them because of the political consequences of picking on Republican affiliated conservative "patriots." they lack the Constitutional authority

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Perfectly Safe posted:

Several of the guys there have outright stated as much. Ammon tends more towards the "Oh no please don't throw me in the briar patch and start CW2 mr govt" style but claims emphatically they will not be arrested.

I prefer to think of that as grandstanding over his families proven history of breaking the law and not being punished.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose
I wonder how many endangered bird nests/Native American burial sites they tore up for this road? If we're lucky, some Monkey's Paw poo poo will start to go down.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Spun Dog posted:

I wonder how many endangered bird nests/Native American burial sites they tore up for this road? If we're lucky, some Monkey's Paw poo poo will start to go down.

Many moons ago our ancestors came to this site to bury our kin, now white man builds roads over it. What will we do

http://cdn.history.com/sites/2/2014/01/low-dog.jpg

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 16, 2016

Perfectly Safe
May 30, 2003

no danger here.

This seems to me to be them saying "when the evil feds attack us, we'll have the women and children out front". But Mack's not at this occupation anyway, is he? I mean, that quote was from the Bundy ranch thing in 2014 and he stepped back from it almost immediately anyway.

I suppose that you could say that they planned to go out in a blaze of glory, but only because the lunatics think that the federal government is going to assassinate them. It's not really an actionable plan if it's predicated on something that's not going to happen.

This whole sheriff thing is terrifying, incidentally, although it's hardly surprising that "the county sheriff is actually like a sort of king" is attractive.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

LeoMarr posted:

Many moons ago our ancestors came to this site to bury our kin, now white man builds roads over it. What will we do

Uhhh...

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

LeoMarr posted:

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/malheur/learning/history-culture/?cid=fsbdev3_033850

Many moons ago and also present day. I'm also pretty sure they didn't actually build anything, they just bulldozed up a track.

Actually, I guess this response works better in this thread:

Intel&Sebastian posted:

gently caress off leomarr

Spun Dog fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jan 15, 2016

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

LeoMarr posted:

Not all of their vehicles are our vehicles.

Im sure it's for their vehicles. our vehicles are probably being mistreated by sinking in the mud whenever not used.

It's like a metaphor for tragedies of the commonses.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Now they're destroying the land itself, as if their cows/wives didn't already do enough of that with their grazing. Arrest them and kill anyone who picks up a weapon.

• Locked thread