Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Mister Beeg posted:

What newspaper is still running "Cathy"? The strip ended back in 2010.

(I know, I know, it's a joke, but still...)

Probably 1/5 of my newspaper's comics page is made up of re-runs of old comics that ended years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
He remained stoically silent through the deaths of Bowie and Alan Rickman, but today, JRRose!'s obit-tooning restraint gets put to the test: Dan Haggerty has died.

"Heaven will be a lot more BEAR-able now!"

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

vyelkin posted:

Ruben Bolling presents: comics that are vaguely political but still better than 99% of the poo poo that ends up in this thread.
I don't care how apolitical they are, always post Comix Fun-Pak.

This one in particular is great

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

She? She? Doesn't the baby grow up to be a beardo elderly man? Way to assault our cultural touchstones in the name of feminization, Mallard Misandrist!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

That Old Tree posted:

She? She? Doesn't the baby grow up to be a beardo elderly man? Way to assault our cultural touchstones in the name of feminization, Mallard Misandrist!

I kind of like the fact he did that. :kiddo: Of course, the rest of the bullshit brings it down.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cat Mattress posted:

Nikki Haley will tame the Trumpasque by converting it to the True Faith, and bring it back to the town as a harmless pet, but the people of the town will want revenge and will kill the Trumpasque anyway.

What is this a reference to?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
Mods change my name to PATO AFORTUNADO

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What is this a reference to?

The tarasque.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

"A common gesture of respect?"
"No. Hateful partisanship :haw:"

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Thanks! This is now my favorite saint story.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Obama: Thing is... good!?

Elephants: Ha ha! Nope, you fuckin' idiot THING IS BAD!! *high fives each other, plays air guitar*

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Wikipedia posted:

The French military named a towed 20 mm anti-aircraft gun (53 T2) after the Tarasque.

Naming a military weapon after a monster that dies to townsfolk without a fight: :france:

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Geostomp posted:

It's an old joke, but mildly annoyed Hitler makes it work.

"Perhaps I should have gone back farther..." and #14 almost had me guffawing at work. Ruben Bolling, if you are reading this, my body is yours.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Adam Ford finds likes his world simple and two-dimensional.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Boy I bet Adam would have a fun answer.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Wow you really owned that guy in your cartoon Adam

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

xthetenth posted:

Boy I bet Adam would have a fun answer.

You know his answer is "men have a penis and women have a vagina."

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

I kinda doubt it'd be that actually. He's got to cover what he/god thinks they should do.

I am bitterly opposed to opinions I can't even understand well enough to strawman - Adam 4d.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Here's my summary of every single Adam Ford comic:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

did someone tell adam about the 'we gonna gently caress' edits because drat if panel 6 isn't perfect for it

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

Man and woman are gender identity roles that are usually assigned to people based on secondary sexual characteristics roughly corresponding to males and females. The format of these socially-defined and culturally-based roles have varied greatly throughout history and cultures.

Though it should be understood that male and female are themselves broad sexual assignments themselves based on cultural understanding of science that are no where near as clear cut as they are generally made out to be. Our history from asexual beings still presents itself through the surprising amount of chimericism within otherwise single-sex individuals.

Sorry this isn't boys have a penis and girls have a vagina, but you're the type to not understand why monkeys and apes still exist if humans evolved from them as well as understanding, say, the changing definitions of "American" over the past few centuries.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
Adam Ford is the Dr. Steve Brule of Theology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6MMEsD_Avo

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83tK7pd-El0

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME

Rorus Raz posted:

You're correct, that is a complicated question. Well done A-4DO.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
And here, once again, we see Adam Fourty's fixation on this idea that the simplest answer is always the best.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

vyelkin posted:

Here's my summary of every single Adam Ford comic:

Replace the Adam 4d comic in the OP with this.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

By popular demand:

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

fool_of_sound posted:

And here, once again, we see Adam Fourty's fixation on this idea that the simplest answer is always the best.

Well, Occam was a friar, after all.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Rorus Raz posted:

This would legit be my response to a fundamentalist who asked that in that context.

The idea of society and biology interacting with themselves and each other in complex ways to give rise to what people on the left call "gender" and "sex" respectively requires a lot of understanding.

Defining "person" in a way that can objectively be answered would be an important first step, and I think Adam4Adam should maybe start there.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Rorus Raz posted:

The non-Christian is reeeeeally checking out the other guys package.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Guess who's an idiot and just realized that Dunwoody lives in 1909 and is already in a pretty good time to stop Hitler even though he doesn't need to worry about Hitler as much as he still has to worry about World War I? It's me. I am the idiot. Please give me my time machine.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

foobardog posted:

Duh duh duh i disagree with adam ford i am a stoopid i have not thought through my opinions only adam has real reasons for believing things
Herp derp i probably think the women should have duhhhhhh equal rights.

Edited for accuracy with Adam 4D's worldview.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

dijon du jour posted:

Edited for accuracy with Adam 4D's worldview.

Pretty sure 4d picks his opinions like he picked his god, by finding the one that conflicts with his worldview least and doesn't require him to learn things that make him feel bad.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

We got cartoon sign!

Weeks old thing happened, lazy vague message? Sup, Gorrell oh poo poo wait

That elephant wants to kill

There is no way to defeat the rich; your only escape is to forfeit your humanity and become one of them.

Yeah, where's the party with only ONE candidate!?

It's not surprising that big party man Death enjoys his Bloody Marys.

In case you missed the debate: Cruz and Trump got into a squabble over Cruz's eligibility and Trump basically shot himself in the foot.

Eat the Rich

There has been some kind of sexual abuse scandal at a Tennessee High School. There, I saved you like five minutes at trying to figure out what the gently caress the last word was (Ooltewah, the name of the school)

"There is no peace, Timmy, only an eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of our thirsting god."

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Town votes to keep its official seal: a white man tackling a Native American

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Rorus Raz posted:

Yeah, where's the party with only ONE candidate!?

This reminds me of that Bodyworlds exhibit but for some reason grosses me out way more.

I'm really uncomfortable looking at it.

Also, missed opportunity not making Rubio one of the ears.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Jay Rust posted:

Town votes to keep its official seal: a white man tackling a Native American

Ugh :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Deathlove posted:

In the Patreon post for that Bors, he linked to this strip on Boomer rock stars that he had done for The Nib a few years ago. Pretty good. Fair warning, it's McCullogh, though, so.

I've no problem with going after the uncritical worship of boomer musical icons, but maybe in your attempt to show how many of those guys were poo poo heads you shouldn't start with 'held a minor as a sex slave' only to end on 'and a lot of them did tons of drugs and drank a lot.'

xthetenth posted:

Pretty sure 4d picks his opinions like he picked his god, by finding the one that conflicts with his worldview least and doesn't require him to learn things that make him feel bad.

I do too which is why I'm a little surprised that Adam's alleged misspent youth doesn't include being an atheist.

• Locked thread