Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Wow can't even make jokes about this poo poo anymore without real life beating you to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Another delivery.

Anyone know if the Lube has shown up yet?

https://twitter.com/WandaKTVZ/status/688099131122794496

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Lube isn't nearly as hilarious as you guys think it is.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

If they sent $1000 of whiskey instead, the standoff might very well be over by now

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

In industrial quantities it is. Maybe in anger they will dump it in the lake - hopefully that isn't an environmental crime.

Senf
Nov 12, 2006

many johnnys posted:

If they sent $1000 of whiskey instead, the standoff might very well be over by now

but aren't some of them Mormon

not to say that a Mormon couldn't be tempted by $1000 of whiskey

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Who What Now posted:

A 55 gallon drum of it is. Then again, a 55 gallon drum of anything useless to them would also be hilarious.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

Who What Now posted:

A 55 gallon drum of it is pretty funny imo, but I wouldn't expect them to repeat the dildo vid ever again. Cards against humanity isnt funny or cool. Its an automated and contagious form of edgy teenager.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 15, 2016

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

The only thing that would be hilarious at this point would be footage of weeping, zip-tied sovcits.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Double post.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jan 15, 2016

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Senf posted:

but aren't some of them Mormon

not to say that a Mormon couldn't be tempted by $1000 of whiskey

Not a buy-off. You get them drunk in harsh, confined conditions and this happens.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

SedanChair posted:

The only thing that would be hilarious at this point would be footage of weeping, zip-tied sovcits.

I'm saving my good laugh for when Ornithologists and Bird Watchers decide to stage their own sit in in the command center.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

The BUndys have announced they are taking the FBI HQ in Oregon....

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Intel&Sebastian posted:

A 55 gallon drum of it is pretty funny imo, but I wouldn't expect them to repeat the dildo vid ever again. Cards against humanity isnt funny or cool. Its an automated and contagious form of edgy teenager.

Horse pucky. Drinking heavily and playing it awkwardly with your inlaws is hysterical.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

LeoMarr posted:

The BUndys have announced they are taking the FBI HQ in Oregon....

Source?

Hey has is Pete streaming anything right now? I can't see anything on his live streams (he has 3 up right now but all of them are blank).

ChlamydiaJones
Sep 27, 2002

My Estonian riding instructor told me; "Mine munni ahvi türa imeja", and I live by that every day!
Ramrod XTreme

quote:

KTVZ NewsChannel 21 ‏@KTVZ 3m3 minutes ago

BREAKING: OSP arrests Crescent resident Kenneth Medenbach, 62, on charges in theft of two govt. vehicles from Malheur refuge. Details coming

I wonder if this is going to change things.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

ChlamydiaJones posted:

I wonder if this is going to change things.

Someone finally found the line they've been looking to cross.

Here's a link with some pictures: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/protester_arrested_in_burns_dr.html

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Crain posted:

Someone finally found the line they've been looking to cross.

Here's a link with some pictures: http://www.oregonlive.com/oregon-standoff/2016/01/protester_arrested_in_burns_dr.html

What exasperates me, although I get that they probably had good reason (dude inside is probably armed, don't want to start a shootout in the parking lot) is that it sounds like they didn't even wait around to arrest the second guy in the other vehicle. I hope they towed the vehicle though. Let that guy have a nice hike back to the refuge with his goodies.

Also, this article was just linked via MacNab's Twitter:

http://www.opb.org/news/series/burn...racks/?t=399929

Dunno if the arrest that just happened means this is outdated. I hope so, because this article heavily implies the FBI are seriously just waiting around for all them to go away and not really doing anything else but creating little law enforcement forts.

edit: And oh yeah, they're not going to cut the power because that would also 'escalate things'. FFS.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Hey, look at that, they arrested them when they went into town and nobody died. But I thought approaching these guys in any way would result in the deaths of thousands of innocent lives? How is it possible?!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

kartikeya posted:

edit: And oh yeah, they're not going to cut the power because that would also 'escalate things'. FFS.

Escalate to what, freezing to death?

Let 'em prove that they've got the stones.

goatsestretchgoals
Jun 4, 2011

That guy in the store has enough cheetos and soda to make a last stand. I fear we have made him more powerful than we can imagine.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I almost hope that one of the militia just takes a random pot shot at the cops. Nothing harmful, just enough to piss off the FBI that they gently caress with them.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

chitoryu12 posted:

I almost hope that one of the militia just takes a random pot shot at the cops. Nothing harmful, just enough to piss off the FBI that they gently caress with them.

The FBI provoked it by observing them, obviously. It'd be heralded by ultra-WACO, and we can't have that.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

kartikeya posted:

What exasperates me, although I get that they probably had good reason (dude inside is probably armed, don't want to start a shootout in the parking lot) is that it sounds like they didn't even wait around to arrest the second guy in the other vehicle. I hope they towed the vehicle though. Let that guy have a nice hike back to the refuge with his goodies.

Dunno if the arrest that just happened means this is outdated. I hope so, because this article heavily implies the FBI are seriously just waiting around for all them to go away and not really doing anything else but creating little law enforcement forts.

I don't think this has been realized yet but the FBI doesn't really give a gently caress about their power consumption. The more they do the more charges will be racked up. They want an iron clad case. Shutting off the power means the militants can't steal the power anymore, so how can you convict them of a crime they can't commit? Continue to steal the power and gently caress up land and take poo poo. The more they do the more years they get. Ammon Bundy is just about at the point where he may never see the light of day again with the amount of time he has racked up. The more the merrier. And with how LEOs are conducting themselves they just nabbed a guy with 2 federal vehicles in his constructive control no shots fired no power dropped no blockades.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Dammit Pete where's the live stream!?

I bet he has tons to say about one of them "finally" being arrested.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

LeoMarr posted:

And with how LEOs are conducting themselves they just nabbed a guy with 2 federal vehicles in his constructive control no shots fired no power dropped no blockades.

After losing one of their guys to such a stupid mistake, I can't see them doing it again.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Crain posted:

Dammit Pete where's the live stream!?

I bet he has tons to say about one of them "finally" being arrested.

The first to be sent to a fema gas chamber

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

kartikeya posted:

Still reading, but please read the "bundyland" article mentioned by OPB if you haven't. Its a report from a local journo they let roam free in the place.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

LeoMarr posted:

I don't think this has been realized yet but the FBI doesn't really give a gently caress about their power consumption. The more they do the more charges will be racked up. They want an iron clad case. Shutting off the power means the militants can't steal the power anymore, so how can you convict them of a crime they can't commit?

What?
I don't get your logic here.

It stops bring a crime once the FBI prevents them from using it after a week?

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

So when is Trump going to pull a Belisarius on these guys and waltz in with his body guards at the yokel's request, take over the refuge, and declare himself a winner and the hicks losers?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Doctor Butts posted:

What?

No but the court may argue something along the lines of "Well if you could have turned off the power at any time why didn't you?" and throw out the charge.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Doctor Butts posted:

What?

Yeah, cutting the power doesn't undo any crimes committed, and I'm pretty sure they aren't gonna be charged a year of jail time per gigawatt/hour.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LeoMarr posted:

No but the court may argue something along the lines of "Well if you could have turned off the power at any time why didn't you?" and throw out the charge.

Oh no, without the charge of "using power" all of them would have surely gotten off scotfree! It's literally the only crime they've committed, it has to stick!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

LeoMarr posted:

Pop quiz, how much time do you think "And theft of electrical services" adds to all the other charges that they would be charged with?

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc

LeoMarr posted:

I don't think this has been realized yet but the FBI doesn't really give a gently caress about their power consumption. The more they do the more charges will be racked up. They want an iron clad case. Shutting off the power means the militants can't steal the power anymore, so how can you convict them of a crime they can't commit? Continue to steal the power and gently caress up land and take poo poo. The more they do the more years they get. Ammon Bundy is just about at the point where he may never see the light of day again with the amount of time he has racked up. The more the merrier. And with how LEOs are conducting themselves they just nabbed a guy with 2 federal vehicles in his constructive control no shots fired no power dropped no blockades.

1) are you 12? No one gets criminal charges by the kilowatt. This isn't some false flag honey potting operation and the FBI is not trying to go for a high score. What the gently caress. Stick to joking around if this is your understanding of the situation.

2) I'm glad they got him without violence but I'm still not going to be giving a standing ovation to the genius strategy of "let an armed group of militants feel so free for so long they forget they're breaking any laws and drive to safeway during an forced occupation"

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

LeoMarr posted:

I doubt it.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

LeoMarr posted:

You are so loving stupid it hurts. Just stop posting your dumb ideas.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Please tell me the "there were two fed vehicles but the other guy wasn't arrested because he went in the store" is just some bad reporting.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"Prosector, it says here that at some point power was shut off in the building, is that correct?"

"Yes, your honor."

"Well why didn't the FBI do that to start with?! This prosecution is a sham, I declare this trial over and hereby appoint Ammon Bundy as Ultra-Mega-Sherrif for life!" *bangs gavel*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

LeoMarr posted:

"We were working the Refuge managers and IT workers to try and determine if any sensitive or important information that was, prior to the takeover, still being worked on the office computers. Additionally we were working with the staff biologists and scientists to determine was detrimental effect a lack of power would have on any of their experiments they may have had at the refuge offices. Lastly we were working with the local historians and the Tribe leaders to establish if any important documents might be damaged if their storage facility should lose power and temp/humidity were not maintained.

After establishing that no irreparable damage would be done we approved the disconnection of the refuge center from the local power grid."

There.

• Locked thread